• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

$4.99 games at Circuit City in store (YMMV)

I grabbed:

Disgaea*
The Bouncer*
P.N.03*
Chaos Legion*
Spyhunter 2
ToeJam & Earl III
Ico

I'll probably eBay the ones with the asterisk.

Agent Dormer

Dirty Drinking Smoker
Ended up getting:

PS2
Ape Escape 2
Dark Cloud 2
Devil May Cry 2
Documents of Metal Gear Solid 2
Futurama
Okage
Onimusha 2
Parappa the Rapper 2
Rygar

GC
Resident Evil: Code Veronica

Xbox
Dead or Alve Beach Volleyball
Gun Valkyrie
Shenume II
Star Wars: The Clone Wars
Toe Jame and Earl III

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
If anyone can find most of these games for me:

Fatal Frame, SWAT, Viewtiful Joe, Skies of Arcadia Legends, Red Faction II, Ikaruga, P.N.03, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Swat

Ill pay $65 for the whole set plus Shipping/Handling Thats 20 extra bux in your pocket.

If you have only like one or two the games, we can work something out.

Bog

Junior Ace
No, I wasn't joking. I meant "for the Xdude" meaning "for me." I went back this morning when they opened and grabbed 15 more. 3 were MK:DA Xdude (the console, not me) for a penny.

cvxfreak

Whoo hoo I'm finally leaving for CC. I think they have Disgaea at this particular location but I'll have to look again.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
You better go now. Im hearing some crazy stories from various people. Lots of people going around the store with a list in their hands.

BuddyC

A friend sent me a list last night, and I ended up grabbing over $120 of stuff for him today.

If you talked to me about picking up a specific title, I got it for ya.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I've got the following games I may be willing to part with:

PN03
Marvel vs Capcom 2(ps2)
Ape Escape 2(Maybe trade...not certain)
Resident Evil Dead Aim

I want:

GGX2
PSO1/2(GC)
ICO
Frequency
Dark Cloud 2

Anybody have what I need? Come oooooon!

BuddyC

For a friend (sorry, don't have photoshop here):

Justin.jpg

I also picked up Futurama and Resident Evil: Code Veronica for other friends.

For me:

Mega Man Network Transmission
Ridge Racer 5
Evil Dead: A Fistful of Boomstick*
Mega Man X7 :)()*
Futurama
Enclave*

asteriked titles are looking at a GameCrazy exchange soon.

Toshin

Could someone nab me any of these?
Leave me PM and we can work it out

PS2
disgaea
Guilty Gear X2
Capcom vs SNK 2
DDR ( if its max2 )
REZ
Ninja Assault w/Guncon

GC
Ikaruga
Def Jam Vendetta
Viewtiful Joe
Gauntlet Dark Legacy

GBA
Shining Soul
Sword of Mana if it is for 5 bucks

Xbox
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Crazy Taxi 3

went to CC downtown brooklyn
like 10 people were there
and some guy was walking out with a huge bag of shit when i arrived

i got Fire Pro and Chu Chu GBA and VIEWTIFUL JOE x2
then i went to funcoland down the hall
traded one of the viewtiful joes in for store credit ($11)
and got unreal championship for $2.16 after trade in

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
Son of a B!tch! Circuit City's website now lists the $4.99 games but are all sold out. Yesterday night I checked mega man X7 and it was $29.99 on the site and instock. Now, its $4.99 and out of stock :(

almost forgot to mention the funniest part of my day

when i went to funcoland and was getting UC, i told the guys about the sale

they were like "SO THATS WHATS GOING ON!" because some guy (maybe the same guy i saw leaving) came in there and had two bags of games from CC...

anyway, then one guy immediately said "im taking my coffee break"

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
My CC was picked clean. They only had a handful of $5 games and the ones I found were tucked in a corner hidden by someone else!!

I ended up getting:

MK Deadly Alliance
Dark Cloud 2
War of the Monsters
Disaster Report
Okage: Shadow King
Mystic Heroes
Dragon Warrior VII

I had one of the employees do an inventory check for Disagea. He checked every CC in Maryland. None of them had it.

If anyone wants to trade both Dark Cloud 2 and MKDA for an extra copy of Disagea please PM me.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
Biff Hardbody said:
Is there any good CC in Manhattan? The one on 14th st had nothing...If anyone knows of a good one, please post it.
Find yourself to a borough or Jersey. Manhattan was dead yesterday

All Hail C-Webb

Hailing from the Chill-Web
Biff Hardbody said:
Is there any good CC in Manhattan? The one on 14th st had nothing...If anyone knows of a good one, please post it.

86th between 2nd and 3rd is pretty good. There's also one on the upper WS, but I don't know how it is.

The odds of ever finding anything like this in Manhattan are super low. Either it sells out within 5 seconds or they just don't put it on sale. It's like at EB and Gamestop. All over the country people had a return policy, but at the Manhatan store's there was none.

You live in a great city, you have to have a few letdowns. :(

Dead

well not really...yet
Well I bought 9 games. :)

Ape Escape 2
Bloody Roar 4
Shadow Hearts
Clock Tower 3
Gun Valkyrie
DOA: VB
BloodRayne GC
RE: Code Veronico GC
Lost Kingdoms GC

couldnt find any of the real good stuff unfortunately

Ugh I bought Dino Crisis 3, opened it in the car and there was no game disc in it. Return to the store and the manager practically accuses me of being a thief, i tired explaining why the fuck would I steal this and come to exchange it for the same game when its 4.99? Eventually she let me exchange it. Brought the last copy of Dino Crisis 3 in front of her had it opened......no game in it.

stupid bitch.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
crawlingpeter said:
i would be very interested in trading a few of these games/paying for

disgaea
MvsC2
war of the monsters
REZ
for ps2

and

MK:DA
for xbox

cc.jpg

Any interest in ICO / Dark Cloud 2 for MvsC2?

Archaix said:
Any interest in ICO / Dark Cloud 2 for MvsC2?

how about ICO for MvsC2?
tomorrow i could check with my friend who kinda wanted it and make sure he wont be mad at me if i trade it. im 99% sure thats ok on my end...

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
crawlingpeter said:
how about ICO for MvsC2?

That sounds about fair.

edit: Should have picked up both copies of War of the Monsters from CC...I got one, but I wanna keep it.

Archaix said:
That sounds about fair.

edit: Should have picked up both copies of War of the Monsters from CC...I got one, but I wanna keep it.
allright, i just talked to him, he doesnt care if i trade ICO.

PM me so we can discuss this without ruining the entire thread... :D

DMczaf

God damn I hate the handicap!

These 2 handicap kids bought like 200 games! Then when I got the last Viewtiful Joe, one of them tried to ask for it. Fuck you handi!

evil ways

crawlingpeter said:
allright, i just talked to him, he doesnt care if i trade ICO.

PM me so we can discuss this without ruining the entire thread... :D

Shit, nevermind, looks like you guys already got a deal going.

Could anybody please do me the favor of picking up a copy of Marvel vs Capcom 2 for PS2? Please.

Murphmanstudios said:
HOW LONG IS THIS DEAL GOING ON FOR?
I'll be in the states at the end of the month, but doubt it will still be in effect...

Anyone?
itll be going on for a couple weeks i think, but the games themselves will all be sold out

Belfast

I HATE HATE HATE HATE you all!

As usual, the Boca Raton store had absolutely nothing worth buying. The same thing happened with the stupid Best Buy mini-sale a few weeks back. The stores around here either have the newest stuff (even if they get it a week late....) or copious amounts of shovelware lining the shelves. You'll never find the mid-range good stuff that came out 9 months-year ago.

Grr....

So, I got:

Parappa 2 - not the best Parappa game, but I still liked it when I had it before
Spy Hunter 2 - eh, might as well, the first one was kind of fun
Fantavision - for the hell of it.

I was really hoping to pick up some of the older RPGs like Wild Arms 3 and BF:DQ or even Disgaea (yeah I had all three of these games and traded them all in at some point). Hell, even games like Disaster Report would've been great to have.

In addition to this, there were some other sharks there already and there were wayyy too many clerks there today. Most were sitting around doing nothing and staring behind my back. Its annoying that way.

So, yeah, I got a few games, but I can't say I'm a happy camper. Didn't even find anything worth putting up on eBay.

Belfast

You know, to me it almost looks like the employees were slowly restocking the shelves. Maybe I'll go back tomorrow or something and just check again, but they still wouldn't have anything I REALLY want.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
I promised myself I wouldn't go crazy at one of these sales again but I have a friend holding DC2 and a couple of others I have interest in actually playing. I'm sure since near everyone has the day off this won't last long.

Rodriguez

I hope CC will still have a copy of Enclave left tomorrow (had at least 3 left when I was in there a couple weeks ago). I don't remember seeing Fatal Frame there, but if I do come across a copy, I'll definitely snag that too.

Arghh...I went to the Circuit City where they had Dynasty Warriors 4 last night this morning...and it was gone. Damnit.

I went to another circuit city and picked up the following:

Dead to Rights (GCN)
Okage (PS2)
Maximo (PS2)
RE:CVX (PS2)

If anyone has an extra Dynasty Warriors 4 and wants to sell/trade...please pm me or something!

Also, if anyone wants any of the crap I picked up, let me know, cause I am willing to trade/sell.

B'z-chan

Banned
Well i had to walk 5 miles since there was no bus service. But i got these games:

Dark Cloud 2 (was gonna get another copy but i gave it to another Gafer)
MGS: Substance (for wario)
Okage
RAD
ICO
and
for a penny
Tetris for Xbox.

I know a few of you were interested in DC2 so if you've got a copy of Disgaea i would love to trade you for it.

bz PM's aren't working right now for me, but i found a copy of dark cloud 2 today @ my cc, so i'm out for DC2. but PM me when they are working again and we'll see what we can work out

Top Bottom