• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

$4.99 games at Circuit City in store (YMMV)

B'z-chan

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
bz PM's aren't working right now for me, but i found a copy of dark cloud 2 today @ my cc, so i'm out for DC2. but PM me when they are working again and we'll see what we can work out

Ok man :sad /cry Well i guess the gf will like it then. She said she might want it.

OH and MGS2S is is for Wario as he was nice enough to tell us about this deal.

B'z-chan

Banned
Have circuit city print out a sheet of the games in which they have in stock with the price and bestbuy will price match that.

I drove 90 minutes, yup 90 minutes, on a lazy rain-filled Sunday to the Circuit City in Newport News, Virginia. I don't know if the valuable games had already been picked through or not, or if this particular location lacked the prized Disageas and Marvel vs. Capcom 2s, but I came away with a haul making my trip worthlwhile

$5 Games:

ESPN NHL Hockey 2K4 - PS2
Super Monkey Ball Jr. - GBA
Gunvalkyrie - XBox
Disaster Report - PS2

Game that rang up $19.99, was declined purchase by yours truly, but placed in bag by mistake by cashier:

Eternal Darkness - GC

Happy hunting!

RedDwarf

Smegging smeg of a smeg!
I admit to not reading every post in this thread (it's 7 pages now!)... does anyone know if this is still happening on Monday?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
RedDwarf said:
I admit to not reading every post in this thread (it's 7 pages now!)... does anyone know if this is still happening on Monday?

Apparantly it's going on until the 21st

fart

Savant
i'll buy anything on my list. pm me if you want to sell.

oh, and the guy who picked up 300 games? yah, he was from here.

RedDwarf

Smegging smeg of a smeg!
Thanks for the info. I'm hoping that I live near a bunch of idiots who don't see sales happening. I'm at work now and the store's close before I get out. :(

I went to the CC in Charlotte, NC and they were bone fucking dry. Managed to find a Rygar and a Gundam hidden behind some other games though so I picked them up. Both of which will be returned to Walmart for store credit.

I was talking to the lady at the register and she told me that they'd probably be getting more shipments in. She also said the $4.99 games will be running in the July 11th ad. So if worst comes to worst, Best Buy is gonna get a shitload of pricematches from me.

Dead

well not really...yet
Does anyone here have Crimson Sea and Chaos Legion and are willing to sell em? if so, PM please

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
Looks like this deal was going to be in a upcoming Circuit City ad this month but it seems all the games won't be available. LOL. Best Buy pricematch here we go!

Thanks Sactown and olubode.

Ugh, this is fucking painful. No way I can make it to a far away location today. This sale is fucking unreal though...so many games I wanted like ICO, GGX, DOA Volleyball, Bloody Roar 4, Clocktower 3...the list goes on.

Ah well. Congrats to everyone who got their stuff.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Someone else said more mark downs will be occuring on the 11th. Sounds like we got some conflicting stories

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
lol, the CAG crew was in full effect at my local store this morning, but I stuck to my guns and just picked up games I'll play.

1 Disgaea for my sis (thank you cute CC girl)
dot Hack pt. 1
Dark Cloud 2
Disaster Report
Pride FC
Kung Fu Chaos

I've never seen a Rez at one of these stores, so if you got that you're a lucky bastard.

Chi-Town

Big thanks Wario!

I live 14 blocks from a Circuit City, so I hustled over there and was able to score...

Kung Fu Chaos
Voodoo Vince
Secret Weapons Over Normandy

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
Here's me bounty

Red Faction 2 (GC)
Shining Soul (GBA)
TimeSplitters 2 (GC)*
Four Swords (GC)*
NHL 2003 (GC)
Fifa 2002 World Cup (GC)
Viewtiful Joe (GC...duh)
UFC Throwdown (GC)

I got TS2 and Four Swords by trading in Bomberman Jetters, XIII, LOTR: TTT. WarioWare Inc (GC) Robotech and Serioius Sam at the Funcoland inside the same mall as the CC. Surprisingly, they had a lot of games coming in cause of the sale ;)

Belfast

Hmmm...maybe they still have a lot of crap in their warehouses that they'll be restocking the stores with on the 11th? I hope so.

The Circuit City on Day Drive in Parma, OH was handed an order from on high while I was there to pull all $4.99 games from the shelves. The clerk informed me a bunch of Cheap Asses beat me there in the opening hours of the store. Some guy walked out with 14 games. :p

They didn't have much of anything left in the PS2 or Gamecube sections. They did have a good selection of GBA software.

I just snagged Spiderman 2 (PSone) and Golden Sun for $4.99

AirBrian

Just got back and they had squat left for GCN and PS2. :(

Gonna try another CC tomorrow which typically has a bigger selection.

DeadStar said:
Ugh I bought Dino Crisis 3, opened it in the car and there was no game disc in it. Return to the store and the manager practically accuses me of being a thief, i tired explaining why the fuck would I steal this and come to exchange it for the same game when its 4.99? Eventually she let me exchange it. Brought the last copy of Dino Crisis 3 in front of her had it opened......no game in it.

stupid bitch.

are you saying that both copies of Dino Crisis 3 had no game in it? Maybe the gods were looking out for you. :)

I have copies of ICO and Chaos Legion that I would be willing to trade for a Viewtiful Joe. Lemme know if you're game, anyone.

After seeing this thread, calling CC to confirm the sale, printing out the list of PS2 games, throwing on a clean shirt, throwing the meat I was about to grill back in the fridge, scrambling to my car, speeding to CC, and scouring every inch of the PS2 racks, I came up with...

Chaos Legion
Maximo
Fantavision

Needless to say, I promptly returned those games to the shelf and drove back home, dejected. That's 1 hour of my life I'll never get back. Ah, who'm I kidding, I'd have wasted that hour regardless.

Miguel

Wario, I'm off to CC.

If I find Disgaea, GGXX, Rez, and MGS:2, I'll set em aside and mail em to you for a little finders fee. ;)

Anyway, if not, I'll just ebay them.

Boogie9IGN

Those sluts.

I call them and they say they are having the promotion right now. I get my fajah to drive me down and then they say it actually starts next Sunday. >=(

So has anyone attempted the Best Buy price-match yet? I'm guessing it won't work on a large scale - they might do one or two, but probably not 15 - because it's supposed to be for advertised specials only. If it DOES work, though, that would obviously be massive. Imagine hitting up 4 or 5 completely untapped Best Buys - it'd be absolute Disgaea mania.

Memles

Damnit...here's hoping someone goes nuts enough to Ebay all sorts of these things for some Canadians can try to get some cheap games. I'd likely end up bankrupt, though, just from GCN/GBA games.

signet

goods.jpg

not bad for $122.00

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I'm only looking for Megaman Network Transmission, Sega Soccer Slam for Gamecube

*watches Ebay/Half.com*

Kudie

I got most of the games I wanted: P.N. 03, Boktai, Rygar, Chaos Legion, Gunvalkyrie, MM:NT, but failed to get a copy of Disgaea or DOA:XBV.

I'm willing to buy off Disgaea or DOA:XBV from anyone who wants to get rid of their copies, or we can set up a trade. I have a fully sealed non-PC copy of SCII for the GC if anyone wants that. Let me know and we can arrange something.

And thank you Wario 64. You are the man. Every week I end up finding some good deal thanks to your efforts.

rc213

Damn greedy bastards, i was about 5 minutes too late to each store i tried. At each store i kept finding someone with like 25+ games in their carts. >=\

Still i picked up:
Crimson Sea
Voodoo Vince
ESPN NHL Hockey 2K4

If anyone is willing to part with the following, im willing to buy within reason:
Burnout 2
DOA Beach Volleyball
Toejam and Earl 3
Vexx

Matt

I managed to grab:

Burnout 2 (Xbox)
Morrowing GOTY (Xbox)
Kung Fu Chaos (Xbox)
Secret Weapons Over Normandy (Xbox)
P.N. 03 (GC)
Grabbed by the Ghoulies (Xbox)
Futurama (Xbox)
Megaman Network Transmission (GC)

All for about $30 (I had a $10 GC).

Not the games I particularly wanted, but still pretty good :)

Maybe I’ll go to the other CC nearby tomorrow.

Matt said:
I managed to grab:

Burnout 2 (Xbox)
Morrowing GOTY (Xbox)
Kung Fu Chaos (Xbox)
Secret Weapons Over Normandy (Xbox)
P.N. 03 (GC)
Grabbed by the Ghoulies (Xbox)
Futurama (Xbox)
Megaman Network Transmission (GC)

All for about $30 (I had a $10 GC).

Not the games I particularly wanted, but still pretty good :)

Maybe I’ll go to the other CC nearby tomorrow.
want to trade/sell burnout 2 for xbox?

Shouta

If someone can snag me a copy of Disgaea that would be awesome (I`m in Japan and can`t take advantage of the deal @_@. If you guys can, gimme a PM.

Bog

Junior Ace
Seriously. PM me if you want to sell or trade DOA:X, Ape Escape 2 or Viewtiful Joe.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Miguel said:
Wario, I'm off to CC.

If I find Disgaea, GGXX, Rez, and MGS:2, I'll set em aside and mail em to you for a little finders fee. ;)

Anyway, if not, I'll just ebay them.

Two people have gotten my Disgaea and MGS2:S, so I'm set on those. I'd take the other two games though :p

For people who want to trade/sell games, go to http://ga-forum.com/showthread.php?t=4243

It might be a mess dealing here cause this thread is friggin huge, so yeah...

Shouta said:
If someone can snag me a copy of Disgaea that would be awesome (I`m in Japan and can`t take advantage of the deal @_@. If you guys can, gimme a PM.

If I can snag you Disgaea. I'm expecting a shipment of hentai manga in exchange. ^_^

*gets ready to beat up old women and children to secure a copy of Disgaea*

TheDiave

Banned
If anyone snags a copy of MvC2 PS2, Viewtiful Joe GC, or Disgaea PS2, I'd like to acquire it... PM me and we'll wheel and deal. :)

Mumbles

*sigh* where is this magical land where all the Circuit Cities and Best buys stock these low-selling games? I haven't seen anything on this list in either store for months, and there are quite a few that I've never seen in the major electronic stores.

Top Bottom