• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

$4.99 games at Circuit City in store (YMMV)

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Dag, they had like four more copies of Marvel vs Capcom 2 when I went...I should have grabbed them all, everybody wants it.

Shouta

Sure thing Bandit, I can snag you some cheap Hentai manga here in Japan in exchange for Disgaea. Just gotta give me titles or artists you want me to look for.

evil ways

Archaix said:
Dag, they had like four more copies of Marvel vs Capcom 2 when I went...I should have grabbed them all, everybody wants it.

No MvsC2 =
baby-crying.jpg

spangler

Went out to the Circuit City in Gainesville, FL last night and again this morning. I'm glad I found the initiative to drag my ass out of the house yesterday as I got in on the deal before the looting and pillaging began in earnest. I'm hesitant to mention some of the games I picked up as so many of you are looking for a few of these titles. Unfortuantely, all extra copies have already been claimed by friends here in town. Here's how it went.

Trip 1 - Saturday, around 8:00 pm:
A barren wasteland. I felt like a goddamn pirate slashing my way through a sleepy port town. Picked up Marvel vs Capcom 2 (ps2, 3 copies) and Disgaea (2 copies). The list I was working with at this time was not nearly as complete so I didn't look for much else. I was satisfied with this stuff alone as were the people I got the extra copies for. Upon returning home, I saw the initial list had ballooned up to just hilarious proportions. Realized then I would be making another trip the next morning.

Trip 2 - Sunday, around 11:00 am:
Fucking madhouse. The complete opposite of the night before. Fairly unclean dudes with lists sorting through the stacks. I was not pleased at all. I was amazed to find that there was still tons of stuff left, though. The rare material was gone (bought by me the night before!) but nearly everything else was still around. Nobody seemed to be buying stuff in huge quantities which was cool. I ended up getting ESPN NHL (xbox), Secret Weapons Over Normandy (ps2), Roadkill (xbox), Wakeboarding Unleashed (xbox), Dynasty Warriors 4 (ps2), and Mario Party 4. They still had copies of many of the sorta bad to simply terribe games on the mega master list, but nothing that seemed worth even 5 bucks to me.

I was hoping to find Skies of Arcadia and Armored Core 3 but its no big deal. I think everybody in the store who arrived before me today was carrying around copies of Viewtiful Joe so they must have had a bunch of those. If anybody lives around here it might be worth checking the Gainesville store out if you're looking for some of the lower budget titles.

*Wanted to add that the employees at this store were really friendly and helpful. I'm thankful I didn't run into any of the ridiculousness as related by several posters on CAG forums (managers refusing to sell at scanned prices, kicking people out, etc.). I'd imagine that some of the people running into these snags were probably kinda being dicks, though.

Fularu

Banned
Wario64 said:
GBA
Breath Of Fire 2?
Chu Chu Rocket
Final Fight 1
F-Zero
Lunar Legend
Mega Man & Bass
Mega Man Battle Network 2
Megaman Battle 3
Phantasy Star Collection
Shining Soul
Super Monkey Ball Jr.
Super Street Fighter II Turbo Revival
Sword of Mana - Conflicting Reports
Tactics Ogre

GC
Beach Spikers
Evolution Worlds
Gauntlet Dark Legacy
Mario Party 4
Megaman Network Transmission
P.N.03
Skies Of Arcadia
Timesplitters 2

PS1
Threads Of Fate

PS2
Ape Escape 2
Bloody Roar 4
BOFQ
Capcom vs SNK 2
Chaos Legion
DDR
DMC 2
Dynasty Warriors 4
Frequency
GGX2
Grandia Xtreme
Gungrave
ICO
Marvel vs Capcom 2
Maximo - NOT GH version
Mega Man x7
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
Mystic Heroes
R.A.D.
RE: Dead Aim
REZ
Ring Of Red
Rygar
Shadow Hearts
Silpheed
Wild Arms 3
ZOE: 2nd Runner

XBox
Crazy Taxi 3
Crimson Sea
Gun Valkyrie
Toejam and Earl 3

Those are the games I'd really want.

If someone is willing to help (a little bit) a fellow canadian gafer, please let me know.

Not having such deals in canada is the suckiest thing ever :(

went and picked up Chaos Legion (they had quite a few of these), Dark Cloud 2, ICO, and War of the Monsters (which i'll probably trade in). Not a bad deal. Place is definately getting picked clean on this deal though. I had hoped to find Ape Escape 2, Capcom vs. SNK or maybe Parappa and onimusha2, but no such luck on these.

The funny thing is, the people at the videogame counter had a STACK of Viewtiful Joe's and some other random GC games, and from what i could overhear, it sounded lke they were changing the prices BACK to the regular price. Needless to say, i got my games, went to a different checkout, and got the hell out of there before they tried to change the prices on mine.

BTW, its been a fanfuckingtastic month for cheap videogames. Just in the last month, thanks to CC and Gamerush, i've managed to get Mario Kart Double Dash, Syphon Filter Omega STrain, NBA Ballers, Dark Cloud 2, ICO, Chaos Legion and war of the monsters, all for about $35 from my own pocket.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
I sold my copies of MKDA, Dark Cloud 2 at a local mom & pop video game store for $30 (this place gives you a lot more if the games are sealed). Not bad at all considering they retail for $40 combined. So basically I got Disaster Report, War of the Monsters, Dragon Warrior VII, Okage, and Mystic Heroes for free. Not a bad haul at all. Collection +5.

I'm gonna keep a closer eye on CAG from now on. This isn't the first time that I've missed out on some stuff because I went late. I really wanted Disagea.

shpankey

not an idiot
Well, I got..

Xbox:
NFL Blitz Pro
Motor Trend Lotus Challenge
Smashing Drive
Haunted Mansion
Buffy Vampire Slayer
Fatal Frame
Agressive Inline
Enclave
NHL 2k3

GCN:
The Sims
Bomberman Generation
Little Piglet Big Game
Disney's Party
Mortal Kombat :DA
Pac Man Fever

^^ GCN games were for my daughter, cept for MK I mean, which is for me.

Thanks sooo much Wario!

Fifty

neptunes said:
you americans get so much good deals it makes me cry in jealousy. :(

:( Indeed

Oh, and Shpanky.....Fatal Frame 2 rocks...It was quite hard to find last holiday season, I thought it was out of print. The Xbox version is better by far than the PS2 one. It's the best game in the bunch :)

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
GBA
Chu Chu Rocket

GC
Beach Spikers
Lost Kingdoms
Mega Man: Network Transmission
Timesplitters 2

PS2
Chaos Legion
DDRMAX Dance Dance Revolution
Okage: Shadow King
Wild ARMs 3

XBox
Gladius

also found a new copy of Um Jammer Lammy for $7.95 :D

Thanks Wario, I'm a frequent visitor of CAG myself, but you always save me the trouble.

acklame

goddamn it, my CC was picked clean and I walked away empty handed :(

apparently some bastard came in right when the store opened and grabbed like 70 games :mad

acklame said:
goddamn it, my CC was picked clean and I walked away empty handed :(

apparently some bastard came in right when the store opened and grabbed like 70 games :mad

Yeah, some guys were doing that when i was there. They had printed out the lists and were just picking off EVERYTHING they could find. They probably didn't even know what most of the games were. They had baskets full of games. Bastards.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Well guys if you didn't get what you wanted don't feel too bad.

Toys R Us buy 2 get 1 free promo returns on August 14th !!!!!

It's not as good as $5 but you can get a lot of new games cheap this way. It's still a great discount. Start saving your pennies people!

jiggle

Went back this morning with an updated list. Too bad almost everything were picked clean in the 3 san jose stores i went to. Real pissed that I didn't grab Megaman X7 and Metal Gear Substance, yesterday, when I had the chance >_<.

cc.jpg

Miguel

Anyone want Legaia 2? :p I couldn't find anything else at the store.

What I got:

MLB Slugfest 20-03 GC
NHL Hitz 20-02 GC
World Rally Championship PS2
Legaia 2 PS2

Seth C

Sitting at work with my haul:

GBA

Shining Soul
Sim City 2000

PS2

Chaos Legion
Dragon Quarter
Ephemeral Fantasia
Street Fighter EX3
Mega Man X7
Dynasty Warriors 4

Xbox
NFL Blitz Pro
Marvel VS Capcom 2
Rayman 3
Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball
Celebrity Deathmatch
Burnout 2
Syberia
Spyhunter 2
Dead to Rights
Dead or Alive 3
Aliens VS Predator
Metal Gear Solid 2
Tetris Worlds
Mojo!
Star Wars: The Clone Wars
Gladius
Robin Hood: Defender of the Crown

If you have anything on the list below (maybe you got multiple copies?) and want to trade it for something from my list, just let me know.

Disgaea
ICO
Suikoden 3
Enclave
Morrowind (GOTY Edition)
Panzer Dragoon Orta

Meh. If anyone can get me new copies of Dragon Quarter, Fatal Frame (Xbox) and/or GGX2, I'm willing to give you $10 each plus shipping.

PM would be good.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
jiggle said:
Went back this morning with an updated list. Too bad almost everything were picked clean in the 3 san jose stores i went to. Real pissed that I didn't grab Megaman X7 and Metal Gear Substance, yesterday, when I had the chance >_<.

cc.jpg

Im curious, which store had MGS2:S? PS2 version?

bjork

I went so I could at least try and snag a Disgaea.

Two CCs, no dice. I did see PN03, Vexx for PS2, and the Megaman GC game, but I passed those up.

atomsk

Party Pooper
2 trips, i grabbed:

ps2:
guilty gear x
super bust a move
wheel of fortune

xbox:
crazy taxi 3
fairly odd parents (for the kid)
grabbed by the ghoulies
mojo!
wreckless

i may go back and try to pick up:

okage
maximum chase
metal arms

Rolio

went before work this morning to get p.n.03 and dark cloud 2, and also to see if i could find others that were added after i got back yesterday

well dudes, today's haul:
xbox
toe jam and earl III
wakeboarding unleashed

ps2
mgs substance
disaster report
dark cloud 2

gamecube
smuggler's run warzones
p.n.03

ps1
LUNAR 2 ETERNAL BLUE COMPLETE (yes, for $4.99)

Kumiko Nikaido

Vindication...sweet.
Just a reminder that all of you with these "surplus" games may want to trade them in at your local EB. EB is having that "Trade 3 games for 1 new release title" promotion. So, you can trade in those $5 dollar cheap games and get, say Driver 3, Spider-Man 2, Mega Man Anniversary Collection, etc. for free. In essence, a new release game will cost just $15 dollars. ^_^

I picked up 6 games at CC myself (Vexx, MGS2: Substance, Burnout 2, Deus Ex, Aliens Vs. Predator, and Voodoo Vince). Those games are going to fund Onimusha 3: Demon Siege and Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow. Happy! ^_^

DMczaf

Kumiko Nikaido said:
Just a reminder that all of you with these "surplus" games may want to trade them in at your local EB. EB is having that "Trade 3 games for 1 new release title" promotion. So, you can trade in those $5 dollar cheap games and get, say Driver 3, Spider-Man 2, Mega Man Anniversary Collection, etc. In essence, a new release game will cost just $15 dollars. ^_^

I picked up 6 games at CC myself (Vexx, MGS2: Substance, Burnout 2, Deus Ex, Aliens Vs. Predator, and Voodoo Vince). Those games are going to fund Onimusha 3: Demon Siege and Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow. Happy! ^_^

In-store only or prerelease too?

Just a reminder that all of you with these "surplus" games may want to trade them in at your local EB. EB is having that "Trade 3 games for 1 new release title" promotion.

where did you hear about this deal at? i saw EB's "summer deals" book (with the 2 trade-ins for $20 off games like madden, tales of symphonia, GTA, etc) but i saw no mention of a 3 game trade in for 1 new game.

FMT... are there any restrictions for that $20 trade-in deal? I have some PS2 and GC stuff I'd like to get rid of for Symphonia (assuming this 3 for 1 deal isn't true).

rc213

DAMN! My friend scored 2 of the games i truly wanted! >=-\

Someone sell me DOA Beach Volleyball & Toejam and Earl 3 PLZ!

rareside

Just a quick two questions (that may have already been answered in this thread but it's too long to read in its entirety):

1) Is it an unadvertised sale? Meaning the titles won't be labeled 4.99$ but they will ring up that way anyway?

2) Does anyone know when this sale ends?

Thank you.

mattx5

Damnit, I wish we had Circuit City here in Quebec!

I really want to get Viewtiful Joe for my Cube :(

I take it no one would want to pick up Viewtiful Joe (It's 4.99, right?), and ship it up here?

MoxManiac

Fuck, I wish I had seen this thread earlier. I might stop in at CC tommorrow, but i'll bet anything it's picked clean already.

Dead

well not really...yet
rareside said:
Just a quick two questions (that may have already been answered in this thread but it's too long to read in its entirety):

1) Is it an unadvertised sale? Meaning the titles won't be labeled 4.99$ but they will ring up that way anyway?

2) Does anyone know when this sale ends?

Thank you.
right its not advertised but apparently its going to be advertised next weekend and the games are being pulled from shelves for then (I read this at CAG btw)

mj1108

Just got back from CC in Merced, Calif. No $4.99 titles to be found -- at all. :( Not sure if the stock is being held back or people just picked it over completely.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Kumiko Nikaido said:
Just a reminder that all of you with these "surplus" games may want to trade them in at your local EB. EB is having that "Trade 3 games for 1 new release title" promotion. So, you can trade in those $5 dollar cheap games and get, say Driver 3, Spider-Man 2, Mega Man Anniversary Collection, etc. for free. In essence, a new release game will cost just $15 dollars. ^_^

Motherfuck, I should have picked up the crappy $5 games that were left at CC. Argh. I thought the only trade in deals right now was trade 2 games in, get $20 off on a pre-release game

Boogie9IGN said:
Please tell me you don't mean San Jose, CA or I will cry

I only visited one CC, was too lazy to go to the other ones, and was doubtful on the selection anyway

Belfast

Now that I think about it, I was probably lucky to get what I got. The games I DID get were lodged behind other ones in places they shouldn't be. Someone probably stuck them there.

These CAG things can get out of hand, though. I mean its nice to have the sale and all, but it does piss me off that some people would have the common courtesy to go in and get what they want instead of piling everything into their carts before anyone else even has a chance to look.

Its not really being cheap, its being greedy.

i'm sure there are restrictions (old sports games), but i traded in some older games and they worked. i traded in def jam vendetta and MK: deadly alliance and those two worked. there were a few other GH/Plat hits games that worked also.

Top Bottom