• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

7000 Donkey Konga 2 sold

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
CVXFREAK said:
Yuck.

Are they sure it wasn't 70,000? Nintendo only shipped 23,000 copies then if it was 7,000 and didn't expect much then.

Yeah, 70,000 would be acceptable for an addon game.
Otherwise, if it really is 7,000, What went wrong?

Barnimal

Banned
JackFrost2012 said:
THE MUSIC SUCKS.

That is all.

how about the fact (IMO) that the game really isnt that great at all? i can clap and bang here at my desk while reading GA. why pay $50?

AniHawk

Barnimal said:
how about the fact (IMO) that the game really isnt that great at all? i can clap and bang here at my desk while reading GA. why pay $50?

You have to play it for yourself to "get it."

Barnimal said:

And hey, you can play video games.... IN YOUR HEAD!! That's fun! And you can read book and make images in your head too!!

The numbers don't make sense. 7,000? 30%? I doubt Nintendo only shipped 23,000 copies of this...

Anyway, if the percentage figure is right, that sounds pretty good for the first two days. Especially since DK and Taiko games tend to stay on the charts for a while, slowly racking up sales.

Jacobi

Banned
Barnimal said:
sounds pretty penny-arcadish

found this in another forum

07/01/04 japanese sales figures

PS2 Kishin Houkou Demon Bane (DX Pack) - 22,018 80.1%
PS2 Kishin Houkou Demon Bane (Normal) - 2,814 68.9%
GCN Donkey Konga 2 - 7,098 30.6%
GBA Super Donkey Kong 2 - 7,014 42.0%
PS2 Smash Court Tennis Pro 2 - 850 20.1%
PS2 Monkey Turn V - 7.258 63.9 %
PS2 Gacha Mecha Stadium Saru Battle - 8,547 45.3%
PS2 3LDK: Shiawase ni Narouyo (Limited Edition) - 1,287 38.9%
??? Iron people 28 numbers - 3,666 40.9%

Oh. Well, compared to everything else those numbers look fine.

I wonder if that counts the DK1 and 2 combo pack?

The music's... well. I had a whole 'nother thread about it somewhere...

Barnimal

Banned
AniHawk said:
You have to play it for yourself to "get it."

err.....i have played it. in fact i've owned it. i thought it'd atleast be as fun as samba but its too simple. i could see the younger audience enjoying it but it just wasnt for me. the clapping and drum beating dont ever flow with the music as the maracas do with samba.

AniHawk

Barnimal said:
err.....i have played it. in fact i've owned it. i thought it'd atleast be as fun as samba but its too simple. i could see the younger audience enjoying it but it just wasnt for me. the clapping and drum beating dont ever flow with the music as the maracas do with samba.

Oh, sorry.

I've only played the US version myself. Anticipating Taiko much more though.

Patrick Klepek

furiously molesting tim burton
TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIKKKOOOOOOOOOOOOO

taiko-odaiko-sm.jpg

MaddenNFL64

I didn't even know there was a Donkey Konga 2 :p.

Anyway, the original sold pretty damn well, so it'll probably pick up.

Top Bottom