• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Myth: Wukong Sold 20 Million Units in its First Month

ZehDon

Honestly? With the way how Western games are shaping up these days, I'm completely fine with the Western industry collapsing if it ever comes to that.
If the Western industry collapses itself, it'll obviously be their own fault. But I'll still mourn it. I remember when Western RPGs - like Morrowind - cracked the big time, and we started to see Japan's stranglehold on video games loosen. We got a lot of great, innovative, interesting titles - Thief, Baldur's Gate, Unreal - and I think that's a good thing. It'll be a shame if all that legacy goes down in flames in my opinion, even if they did it to themselves.

blue velvet

iu

It has been revealed that Black Myth Wukong sold 20 million units in its first month across the PlayStation 5 and PC.

The information comes from Ken Kutaragi at the Toyko Game Show (via Dean Takahashi), in which a presentation slide reveals that Black Myth: Wukong sold 10 million units in its first three days and 20 million units in one month. The game also saw three million concurrent players across all platforms.

Interestingly, according to SteamID, just over 2.4 million of these concurrent players were on PC (assuming this was the 3 million peak), meaning that around 600,000 players were on PlayStation 5. That means that according to these numbers, at least for the concurrent number at least, about 80% of Black Myth: Wukong’s players were playing on PC.

20 million units in one month puts Black Myth: Wukong firmly in one of the top spots as one of the fastest-selling games to date.

According to review aggregator Metacritic, the game received generally favorable reviews from PC and PlayStation 5 users, with an 81/100 score for PC and 75/100 on PlayStation 5.

According to analyst Daniel Camilo (who also reported the 20 million number a few weeks ago), DLC for Black Myth: Wukong is expected to release sometime around Chinese New Year.

Monkey King Wukong GIF by GIPHY Gaming
How many copies it sold organically(outside of china)

Top Bottom