• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors |OT| RED, DEAD, Redemption

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Ranger X said:
ok this is really out of the blue!!

I discovered this game just now. And I am stuck at the briefcase at the beginning? :lol
I did put the blue key in but I want to try the red one... How can I remove the key? I can't seem to be able to do so...

There are two separate keys, a blue key for the blue briefcase and a red key for the red briefcase. Hint for the red key... check the mirror ;)

You'll need to find the two notes and another item in order to decode them and discover the passwords for the two suitcases.

The Main Event said:
The demo got me hooked. Where the hell is this one coming from. Day one.

Coming from Chunsoft in Japan via Aksys Games for a US release :D

I'm happy to hear you enjoyed it! Only two more days until it ships!

Ranger X

Akselziys said:
There are two separate keys, a blue key for the blue briefcase and a red key for the red briefcase. Hint for the red key... check the mirror ;)

You'll need to find the two notes and another item in order to decode them and discover the passwords for the two suitcases.

Coming from Chunsoft in Japan via Aksys Games for a US release :D

I'm happy to hear you enjoyed it! Only two more days until it ships!

Yeah, I got both keys. I have the paper with the triangles and numbers (back of the boat picture) and I got the other paper, the one that seems to display the code order. However, I try the numbers in the same order as the geometrical forms, from left to right, like the arrow is pointing. It doesn't open :(

Belisarius

Neo Member
Ranger X said:
Yeah, I got both keys. I have the paper with the triangles and numbers (back of the boat picture) and I got the other paper, the one that seems to display the code order. However, I try the numbers in the same order as the geometrical forms, from left to right, like the arrow is pointing. It doesn't open :(

It's been a while since I looked at it, but I think the color of the arrows indicates that you need to swap the codes, or something like that.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Ranger X said:

You have to take the two notes with the colored shapes/arrows and create a blue arrow and a red arrow from them both and then form a password from the shapes from the combined blue arrow and from the combined red arrow in order to get the 4 digit passwords for the respective color suitcases :D

Ranger X

Ok I opened the door. Demo ends there. I am all excited now. I will buy this I guess.
:)

Seriously, thanks for releasing such games. It's so good and they are so few!!

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Ranger X said:
Ok I opened the door. Demo ends there. I am all excited now. I will buy this I guess.
:)

Seriously, thanks for releasing such games. It's so good and they are so few!!

Congrats on beating it :D! Yeah, I love 999, so hopefully we see more games like it appear in the US!

Shiv47 said:
Have this pre-ordered. Looking forward to it!

Awesome! Make sure to come back to this thread and visit when you start playing, if you have any questions :)!

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
It's nice to see people from the translation so tenacious and involved in the thread. It's a great way to stir up interest in the game.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
thetrin said:
It's nice to see people from the translation so tenacious and involved in the thread. It's a great way to stir up interest in the game.

Well, I wasn't part of the translation/editing per se, that was more so my amazing team on the project. I'm actually the localization producer for 999 :) But I know what you mean ;)

And I enjoy talking with all the fans/potential new fans about the game, since it's exciting and fun for me as well. It helping with the fan fervor is an added bonus :D

Ranger X

Akselziys said:
And I enjoy talking with all the fans/potential new fans about the game, since it's exciting and fun for me as well. It helping with the fan fervor is an added bonus :D

I like this point of view. Publishers and devs don't realise it much that nowadays, in this network communities / over-communication era, being close to your customer is having an incredibly more positive effect than anytime before.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Ranger X said:
I like this point of view. Publishers and devs don't realise it much that nowadays, in this network communities / over-communication era, being close to your customer is having an incredibly more positive effect than anytime before.

OT for a sec, but yeah, I think integrating yourself/bonding with the very people you're trying to sell your product to is essential in this day and age. Much easier to spread the word when people have familiarity with you in one way or another than them thinking of you as someone in a business suit with a big question mark over your face (a.k.a. not nearly as appealing) :lol

Though I enjoy talking about our games, as well as countless others, so much that I'd still do it regardless :D

Back on topic though, only one more day until the game ships! Hopefully you all have it pre-ordered or are at least ready to buy it in the near future because it's really a great game!

And I hope everyone loves it as much as we do, after playing it :)

Ranger X

Akselziys said:
OT for a sec, but yeah, I think integrating yourself/bonding with the very people you're trying to sell your product to is essential in this day and age. Much easier to spread the word when people have familiarity with you in one way or another than them thinking of you as someone in a business suit with a big question mark over your face (a.k.a. not nearly as appealing) :lol

Though I enjoy talking about our games, as well as countless others, so much that I'd still do it regardless :D

Back on topic though, only one more day until the game ships! Hopefully you all have it pre-ordered or are at least ready to buy it in the near future because it's really a great game!

And I hope everyone loves it as much as we do, after playing it :)

Do you know if the publishing in Canada is billingual? For most Atlus stuff or other niche games, some publishers don't make billingual packaging for Canada and in this case, there's no store carrying the game in the entire province of Quebec. (wich means at least the cannibalisation of 1 tierce the Canadian sales!).
I just hope I won't have to buy over the internet or something and have to wait longer. :/

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Ranger X said:
Do you know if the publishing in Canada is billingual? For most Atlus stuff or other niche games, some publishers don't make billingual packaging for Canada and in this case, there's no store carrying the game in the entire province of Quebec. (wich means at least the cannibalisation of 1 tierce the Canadian sales!).
I just hope I won't have to buy over the internet or something and have to wait longer. :/

Unfortunately it isn't bilingual, which will more than likely cause Quebec to reject it (silly I know :( ) I apologize that it isn't both French and English, since that does impact those who live there and elsewhere in Canada >.<

Also, the Launch trailer is up on our site now for your viewing pleasure! :D

http://www.aksysgames.com/2010/11/15/999-launch-trailer/

TimeKillr

Akselziys said:
Unfortunately it isn't bilingual, which will more than likely cause Quebec to reject it (silly I know :( ) I apologize that it isn't both French and English, since that does impact those who live there and elsewhere in Canada >.<

All Quebec requires is the bilingual packaging - otherwise the game can't be displayed on shelves.

Sucks sometimes :(

I know at least one store that should carry it nonetheless. Otherwise it's VGP! :)

JKTrix

I haven't posted in this thread yet. Already got my game preordered, just sucks I have to wait for it to ship. I want that watch!

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
TimeKillr said:
All Quebec requires is the bilingual packaging - otherwise the game can't be displayed on shelves.

Sucks sometimes :(

God, that is so dumb. As a Canadian citizen who grew up as an anglophone, I still can't believe how stupidly Bloq Quebecois asserts its dumb laws on the rest of the country.

Ranger X

thetrin said:
God, that is so dumb. As a Canadian citizen who grew up as an anglophone, I still can't believe how stupidly Bloq Quebecois asserts its dumb laws on the rest of the country.

Laws that are Canada wide and because we have 2 languages on our official constitution isn't because of le bloc quebecois...

Ranger X

Akselziys said:

There are always ways. I know a store that doesn't display the boxes for the customer to look at them so they will totally have your game.

EDIT: Nice trailer by the way. Not that I wasn't already sold. ;)

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Ranger X said:
There are always ways. I know a store that doesn't display the boxes for the customer to look at them so they will totally have your game.

EDIT: Nice trailer by the way. Not that I wasn't already sold. ;)

I'm glad you enjoyed it :D!
I beat one of the endings last night and just started my next playthrough :D The nice thing about starting over to get the other endings is that you can speed through any scene you've seen before by pressing right on the +Control Pad. ;)

And the game ships to stores tomorrow! So exciting! :D

Can't wait to talk to everyone about the game more in-depth and with spoilers of course!

thetrin

Ranger X said:
Laws that are Canada wide and because we have 2 languages on our official constitution isn't because of le bloc quebecois...

Oh, I was always under the impression that it was. Nevermind!

I'm going to take some time off work tomorrow and drive around looking for 999 (canceled my Amazon preorder because the shipping estimate was the 18th)

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
thetrin said:
Oh, I was always under the impression that it was. Nevermind!

I'm going to take some time off work tomorrow and drive around looking for 999 (canceled my Amazon preorder because the shipping estimate was the 18th)

Well, it only ships tomorrow. Depending where you live it may not arrive until later, so maybe you should call places first :)

thetrin

Akselziys said:
Well, it only ships tomorrow. Depending where you live it may not arrive until later, so maybe you should call places first :)

I work from home. Taking time off work isn't a problem, anyway. :)

Ranger X

Akselziys said:
I'm glad you enjoyed it :D!
I beat one of the endings last night and just started my next playthrough :D The nice thing about starting over to get the other endings is that you can speed through any scene you've seen before by pressing right on the +Control Pad. ;)

And the game ships to stores tomorrow! So exciting! :D

Can't wait to talk to everyone about the game more in-depth and with spoilers of course!

Ok now that's a good feature. Not having it would have prevented alot of people (me included) to try alternate routes / paths.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Ranger X said:
Ok now that's a good feature. Not having it would have prevented alot of people (me included) to try alternate routes / paths.

Yeah, you definitely want to get
every ending and the full experience
, so you understand the entirety of the game/story :D

thetrin said:
I work from home. Taking time off work isn't a problem, anyway. :)

Ah, lucky guy ;) At least you can relax and play 999 in the comfort of your own home then :)

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Just wanted to let everyone know that Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors ships from our warehouse to retailers today! :D

So depending where you live, your specific retailer may not receive it until a few days after.

If you guys have any questions about it, please feel free to ask!

I hope everyone enjoys it as much as we did working on it! :)

Volcynika

"Shipment 1 of 1
Not yet shipped
Delivery Estimate: November 19, 2010

9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors
Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC"

AMAZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Volcynika said:
"Shipment 1 of 1
Not yet shipped
Delivery Estimate: November 19, 2010

9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors
Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC"

AMAZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON

Haha, yeah XD;

Soon, it shall be in your possession, Volcy :D !

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Stores may be getting in their copies today, so put on your Jake Hunter thinking caps and try to deduce which stores have it in stock :D !

I'm excited for you all! ;)

Ranger X

Yeah sadly is really is a game in itself to buy this game. I'll probably need to buy it over the internet because it is absolutely nowhere to find in Quebec. This + NOBODY knows about the game...

knkng

Ranger X said:
Yeah sadly is really is a game in itself to buy this game. I'll probably need to buy it over the internet because it is absolutely nowhere to find in Quebec. This + NOBODY knows about the game...
Not much better here. I'm in Ontario (Toronto area) and the stores here are saying that it doesn't even ship until next week. I then went to order it on amazon.ca and the shipping estimate is from November 29 - December 29! What the hell!?

Kind of reminds me of buying the first issue of Phoenix Wright. What a headache.

Ranger X

knkng said:
Not much better here. I'm in Ontario (Toronto area) and the stores here are saying that it doesn't even ship until next week. I then went to order it on amazon.ca and the shipping estimate is from November 29 - December 29! What the hell!?

Kind of reminds me of buying the first issue of Phoenix Wright. What a headache.

You tell me. I remember when Phoenix was a totally unknown game. Exactly the same thing. Nobody having the game, nobody even knowing of its existance. Anyhow, I went to a particular store and they receive games from the US. I might have a chance there.

Top Bottom