• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors |OT| RED, DEAD, Redemption

Dresden

Hope this does well, we need more VNs brought over to America. Ordered from Amazon, although I won't have time to play it till Thanksgiving.

Do Steins;Gate next. Please. :(

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I couldn't find the game anywhere either.

I got my copy of Solatorobo, so I'll have to play through that before I play 999. :\

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
thetrin said:
I couldn't find the game anywhere either.

I got my copy of Solatorobo, so I'll have to play through that before I play 999. :\

Aww, though Solatorobo does look fun :D Can't wait for you to get your hands on 999 though :D !

Dresden said:
Hope this does well, we need more VNs brought over to America. Ordered from Amazon, although I won't have time to play it till Thanksgiving.

Do Steins;Gate next. Please. :(

Thanksgiving will still be a great time to play through it! And there is one visual novel in particular I'd love to do, but that's speaking as a fan, not as on official representative of a video game publisher ;)

Colocho

Banned
Akselziys said:
Stores may be getting in their copies today, so put on your Jake Hunter thinking caps and try to deduce which stores have it in stock :D !

I'm excited for you all! ;)
So you're saying we should take a smoke break? :lol

Will definitely get this game, looks amazing

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Colocho said:
So you're saying we should take a smoke break? :lol

Will definitely get this game, looks amazing

Haha, exactly ;)
Though personally I loathe smoking :lol

You're going to love it ;D!

Akselziys said:
Thanksgiving will still be a great time to play through it! And there is one visual novel in particular I'd love to do, but that's speaking as a fan, not as on official representative of a video game publisher ;)
Yes, Umineko PS3 please please! If Aksys releases it, I promise to buy every single game they release after that!

Back on topic, I was worried about how long 999 would take to get here from Gamestop, so I ended up ordering it through Amazon just as I got a shipment confirmation from Gamestop. We'll see what copy gets first!

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
hosannainexcelsis said:
Yes, Umineko PS3 please please! If Aksys releases it, I promise to buy every single game they release after that!

Back on topic, I was worried about how long 999 would take to get here from Gamestop, so I ended up ordering it through Amazon just as I got a shipment confirmation from Gamestop. We'll see what copy gets first!

Haha, I see you keep up with our forums :D !

And did you order 2 copies!? If so, muchas gracias, senor! If not, then I can't wait for you to receive it regardless! :)

Nekobo said:
w00t, my order shipped today! I'm totally going to wear the watch at work on Casual Friday. :)

Your dedication brings a smile to my face :D

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Volcynika said:
Amazon bumped me up to 1-day shipping, fortunately. Gotta pick it up after work tomorrow!

Awesome! :D Oh and feel free to update the OP with the Destructoid review

http://li.brari.us/999review

And possibly the Nintendo Power score of 9.0 :)

havok666 said:
Is 999 going to be released in Canada? Amazon.ca has it listed but it says it ships in 1-2 months.

Yeah, I checked and we did indeed ship some to Canada :)

vixlar

Congratulations to Akselziys and all his team. And, of course, to Chunsoft.

I can read only good words about this game :)

My money is ready, now I only need to come to Mexico.

I wasn't interested in this game at first until the good reviews started coming in. Then I looked at the gameplay and realized it wasn't just a text adventure, but a game with puzzles. Kinda like Professor Layton!

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
vixlar said:
Congratulations to Akselziys and all his team. And, of course, to Chunsoft.

I can read only good words about this game :)

My money is ready, now I only need to come to Mexico.

Thanks so much, Vixlar! :D My team and I appreciate your kindness :)!

Hopefully you can play it soon!

ryan-ts said:
Getting some awesome reviews...might have to give this one a look.

Yup, I'm so happy with all the 999 love :D! Can't wait for you to try it!

Anasui Kishibe said:
what..what?
this looks tremendous. How the hell did it slip under my radar?

keep posting impressions guys, I find this game sexy as hell

The game is the epitome of sexy :) It should leave you feeling quite satisfied ;)

Bebpo

Banned
ryan-ts said:
Getting some awesome reviews...might have to give this one a look.

same.

Even though the demo seemed a little to "room escape" for me (not my genre), the reviews are really good! Think I will go order this from amazon now.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Bebpo said:
same.

Even though the demo seemed a little to "room escape" for me (not my genre), the reviews are really good! Think I will go order this from amazon now.

I'm glad that you're giving it a chance :D!

Anasui Kishibe said:
ok I trust you and the others. Ordered :lol
that didn't take long :lol

You rock, Anasui ;D! Now just have to endure the wait of shipping :lol

Lard

Banned
I really want to grab this, but I think I am going to ask for it for Xmas.

I can't afford to get engrossed in a new game right before exams. :/

bl6ro.jpg

Here is the pic of the game and watch that came in the afternoon. So far, game is awesome.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Shadow Red said:
bl6ro.jpg

Here is the pic of the game and watch that came in the afternoon. So far, game is awesome.

I'm glad you got it and are enjoying :D!

Lard said:
I really want to grab this, but I think I am going to ask for it for Xmas.

I can't afford to get engrossed in a new game right before exams. :/

Good luck on your exams! You'll have a nice reward to look forward to once you've completed them!

dream said:
Sob, I think the title is missing an extra 9 for "9 copies sent to Canada." :(

Don't worry, we sent more than that :D

TimeKillr

dream said:
Sob, I think the title is missing an extra 9 for "9 copies sent to Canada." :(

I ordered mine through VGP. It hasn't shipped yet but they're saying they should get them in tomorrow.

They're usually pretty dead on with these things, so I'm not worrying too much.

atomsk

Party Pooper
local gamestop said it's "probably" in todays shipment, but they've got 36 boxes and 1 person working right now, so i should check back after dinner.

Once I found out the basic premise of the game, I was sold. Haven't been following it at all since then, but realized it released this week and ordered it from Amazon yesterday. Should show up on Friday, just in time for the weekend. Now I just need to finish Layton 3 tonight...

The game is amazing so far. Oh man, when you click on an object multiple times in escape mode, the character will say something different every time...to the point where he finds himself amused at trivial object. Great localization.

Ranger X

Oh I get it now!!

This game is so awesome that the first puzzle is to actually find it!
I think we can find the game at the 999th store you visit!

:(

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Ranger X said:
Oh I get it now!!

I know you can solve it and escape! :D

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
BorkBork said:
Sleeper hit of the year? Man, I had no idea about this game until yesterday.

Destructoid and Nintendo Power would probably agree with that :D

Hopefully everyone who plays it will fee the same too! :)

My reserve came in at Gamestop today! About to start playing it. I know it'll be awesome.

They didn't get my watch in, though...Akselziys, is there anyone at Aksys I can e-mail with my receipt to get one? I have my reserve slip and everything.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
DrAndonuts said:
My reserve came in at Gamestop today! About to start playing it. I know it'll be awesome.

They didn't get my watch in, though...Akselziys, is there anyone at Aksys I can e-mail with my receipt to get one? I have my reserve slip and everything.

Check our online store tomorrow (assuming you live in the US). I think we should be able to help you out ;)
Though the reason you probably didn't get one is because it was a Gamestop.com (online) exclusive only hehe

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
MidnightRider said:
Yeah I think it's official. I will buy a DSi XL red one for this game.

Here we go.

Sounds like an early Christmas/Hanukkah for you :D !

At least you'll have the pleasure of experiencing 999 on a larger screen ;)

Akselziys said:
Check our online store tomorrow (assuming you live in the US). I think we should be able to help you out ;)
Though the reason you probably didn't get one is because it was a Gamestop.com (online) exclusive only hehe

You rock, Akselziys. I've got my receipt scan all ready to go. Thanks!

TimeKillr

Ranger X said:
Oh I get it now!!

You're in MTL, right?

You checked Gamebuzz and Gamezone both? :(

Ranger X

TimeKillr said:
You're in MTL, right?

You checked Gamebuzz and Gamezone both? :(

Gamebuzz but forgot somehow about Gamezone...
I have a friend that got a date today at Gamestop and HMV.ca is also having a date on their system now. Looks like I passed to those stores riiiiight before their system updates or something.

There's no stock at any store right now though. http://hmv.ca/Stores/StoreStock.aspx?SKU=596753

EDIT:
oh yeah and I showed the game to Gamebuzz's boss (the one in front of the futur shop) and he said he will try to get the game.

TimeKillr

Ranger X said:
Gamebuzz but forgot somehow about Gamezone...
I have a friend that got a date today at Gamestop and HMV.ca is also having a date on their system now. Looks like I passed to those stores riiiiight before their system updates or something.

There's no stock at any store right now though. http://hmv.ca/Stores/StoreStock.aspx?SKU=596753

EDIT:
oh yeah and I showed the game to Gamebuzz's boss (the one in front of the futur shop) and he said he will try to get the game.

Gamezone also sometimes has stuff earlier than other shops, so who knows?

It's like a 5 minute walk from my place too... lol

Too bad I want to be sure to get a freaking copy at some point in time so I ordered from VGP, otherwise I'd call up Gamezone.

Did you ever get anything out of the boss at Gamebuzz? Every time I talk to them about stuff like that, they're like "yeah we'll try to get it" and I never hear from them. :)

**EDIT** VGP just shipped my order, should be in my hands by next monday!

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
dollartaco said:
Ordered a copy from Amazon. Very much looking forward to this over Thanksgiving!

I'll probably be playing over Thanksgiving as well :D!
On my third playthrough of my retail copy ;)

And if anyone would like to contact myself or the editor of 999 directly about any questions, feel free to either PM me or hit us up on twitter at:

http://twitter.com/AksysGames_Bo (me)

and

http://twitter.com/AksysGames_Ben (our amazing editor) :D

Belisarius

Neo Member
Akselziys said:
And if anyone would like to contact myself or the editor of 999 directly about any questions, feel free to either PM me or hit us up on twitter at:

The editor he's talking about is me, incidentally. So if I respond to your questions with what appears to be Inside Knowledge, that is why.

TimeKillr

So Aksys is invading GAF? :)

Not that anybody minds. You guys have been bringing some quality stuff over here, and we're all grateful (at least I know I am :) )

pslong009

Neo Member
I would order this game now, but I've put it on my holiday wishlist. So if I don't receive it as a gift on December 25th, I'll be ordering it on the 26th. Loved the demo, and the reviews are definitely promising. Can't wait!

Top Bottom