• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Mildly off topic, but I made a "FUCK THIS SHIT. I'M OUTTA HERE" Godzilla gif

I love his dramatic twirl so much.

MgrQfnH.gif

That is a good price! From what I understand its a bit bigger scale than most PAK figures. Would it fit in a hot toys collection? Anyone got a pic with this Pak next to a hot toys figure by chance? Thx!
Stats on MFC say it's 10.49 inches tall. It's also about a head taller than previous Halo PAK figures. I don't know what posseses PAK to never stick to a consistent scale per series, but it is what it is. I hear the upcoming Halo 5 PAKs will stick to the same scale set by this Chief.

Pretty great deal. Great quality except for the sword. Dunno why they painted it instead of leaving it a clear blue plastic. Looks horrible.
Yeah, the Energy Sword doesn't look great, it also looks too big. Maybe it'd be in scale for an Elite since they're supposed to be even bigger than Spartans, but it looks too big for Master Chief. Either way, I intend to have him dual wield the SMGs ala Halo 2's cover.

Broken shoulder spike and really bad paint mess up on the torso joint. Ended up with a new arm, which did have a smoother, less stiff elbow joint that I've read many, many bad things about.
Ah, I see. My girlfriend opened up her Raiden the other day and to her dismay both elbows were busted. One of them clicked once, then after that, nothing, you couldn't hear any ratchets, the elbows just couldn't hold a pose. Sideshow is sending us a pair of replacement arms. She was also disappointed at how low the visor sits, but otherwise it looks pretty phenomenal.

LiK

Stats on MFC say it's 10.49 inches tall. It's also about a head taller than previous Halo PAK figures. I don't know what posseses PAK to never stick to a consistent scale per series, but it is what it is. I hear the upcoming Halo 5 PAKs will stick to the same scale set by this Chief.

Yeah, the Energy Sword doesn't look great, it also looks too big. Maybe it'd be in scale for an Elite since they're supposed to be even bigger than Spartans, but it looks too big for Master Chief. Either way, I intend to have him dual wield the SMGs ala Halo 2's cover.

Ah, I see. My girlfriend opened up her Raiden the other day and to her dismay both elbows were busted. One of them clicked once, then after that, nothing, you couldn't hear any ratchets, the elbows just couldn't hold a pose. Sideshow is sending us a pair of replacement arms. She was also disappointed at how low the visor sits, but otherwise it looks pretty phenomenal.

I might try using alcohol and rub off the paint since it's just clear blue plastic underneath. I really hate the look of it.

Arkham

The Amiga Brotherhood
Holy crap, I just found out that a figure I had from a couple of years ago is apparently pretty rare.

I was vaguely aware of the ThreeA World War Robot series through some local hobby stores, so I thought it'd be neat to have one. I've always been into 'Mechs/mecha (BattleTech, Armored Core), but these aren't really my style. I love the concept though. Box has a slight tear in the corner, but the figure is mint.

Not sure if I should put it on my desk now or keep it in the box. Anyone know anything in detail about this line?

I rarely visit Off-Topic but I'm glad I found this thread. When I sort out my home office (read: clean) I'll take pics of my 12" Tortured Souls and Sideshow Universal Monsters collection. I've still got a bunch of the original Armored Core figures but only 3 out of the box. I'll probably need to build some shelving for everything that I decide to keep. I forgot about them so it's probably time to display them as a reminder. :)

Received my hot toys han solo and what a disappointment for my first hot toys human figure. His skin tone is so dark and covered in some awful dark wash. I literally thought he was wearing gloves when I pulled him out of the box. I'm half tempted to send it back

I might try using alcohol and rub off the paint since it's just clear blue plastic underneath. I really hate the look of it.
Please post some pics if you do, I'd love to see it.

I hope everyone that wanted it bought one, price is back up to 16% off now.

The consensus among collectors is if there is a blemish in the paint job, leave it be? My Stormtrooper has a tiny blemish. It's small, the size of a comma viewed on a smart phone, right on the breast plate. Part of me just wants to fix it but the other side thinks I'll just make it worst.

LiK

The consensus among collectors is if there is a blemish in the paint job, leave it be? My Stormtrooper has a tiny blemish. It's small, the size of a comma viewed on a smart phone, right on the breast plate. Part of me just wants to fix it but the other side thinks I'll just make it worst.

if it's minor, just sleep on it for a day. the blemish might end up looking less of an issue the next day. i learned to control my urge to fix every lil issue. sometimes i did really fuck up a figure and ended up just buying another one lol

I noticed you bought it from a LCS, so chances are that they receive their stuff from Sideshow Collectibles. Sideshow's stellar customer service extends to comics shops as well, so if you find that it bothers you just bring it back to the shop, they shouldn't have any problem getting in touch with Sideshow to assist you.

We got the Stormtroopers at our shop months ago, the last one we sold had a scratch on the helmet and Sideshow is sending us a brand new helmet, even months after the 30 day cut off.

I noticed you bought it from a LCS, so chances are that they receive their stuff from Sideshow Collectibles. Sideshow's stellar customer service extends to comics shops as well, so if you find that it bothers you just bring it back to the shop, they shouldn't have any problem getting in touch with Sideshow to assist you.

We got the Stormtroopers at our shop months ago, the last one we sold had a scratch on the helmet and Sideshow is sending us a brand new helmet, even months after the 30 day cut off.

Im at home now and set up on its shelf and I don't think I care. It's white, a real storm trooper would have some blemishes in its armor. It's small as you can see, right on the breast, around where the nipple would be.

xaj2FRx.jpg

Hagi

argh I'm so jelly of that Storm Trooper I really wanted the Han Solo for a hot minute but I really don't care for the facial likeness so it put me off. Think I'm just going to wait for Kylo Ren and maybe get Vader when he comes out as well. I don't really want to get caught in the Hot Toys sink hole.

Replicant

SH Figuarts are only good for the masked figures/villains. The sculpture of the heroes (Luke, Obi1) are disastrous IMO.

So all I need now is Shadow Trooper.

Hagi

Disastrous seems like a stretch only thing I don't really care for with my Luke is the weird gold colour they used for the hair otherwise it's amazing. Obi-Wan and the Han Solo prototype I saw look fantastic.

Shadow Trooper is just a dull recolour of the Storm Trooper so that's an easy pass for me. Hopefully they do some Clone Variations so I can get an awesome Rex without having to settle for The Black series.

Arkham

The Amiga Brotherhood
Im at home now and set up on its shelf and I don't think I care. It's white, a real storm trooper would have some blemishes in its armor. It's small as you can see, right on the breast, around where the nipple would be.

How about trying a white crayon?

Any place with Kylo Ren Figuarts available for pre-order?
BBS has it for 96 muricans, but I don't know about that price.
There hasn't been a casa with Figuarts Star Wars were you weren't able to snag one the release day.

Snaku

Banned
Thinking about giving my Star Wars SHF preorders away to someone, and just collecting the Hot Toys line. All of my preorders are on AmiAmi and as I understand it I can't change the shipping address to an address that is already registered with them, so if you don't have an AmiAmi account or have a relatives address who live close by that you feel comfortable with shipping them to, shoot me a PM.

Replicant

Any place with Kylo Ren Figuarts available for pre-order?
BBS has it for 96 muricans, but I don't know about that price.
There hasn't been a casa with Figuarts Star Wars were you weren't able to snag one the release day.

$63 from Amazon JP 3rd party and maybe $5 fee for Tenso address?

You can just accumulate items at your Tenso address then ship them at once. That's what I do.

dankir

I believe this is the complete Hot Toys Iron Man collection.

12107051_10206957876219259_5581378068314512097_n.jpg
\]

Minus the customer Hulkbuster

House party Protocol setup.

11205542_10206957883499441_8853252688117953531_n.jpg

Top Bottom