• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Ah geez... So I stopped by this figure and comics shop on the way home from work and I was taking a look at all the 1/6th scale figures they had... I need one.
I had no interest in 1/6th scale figures before since most of them were Marvel or Star Wars, neither of which I really care for, but now that I've discovered ThreeZero which actually makes 1/6th scale figures of super cool obscure characters, I feel way too tempted.

I'm really really considering pre-ordering that 1/6th scale Kaiman figure from the Dorohedoro manga that I've never read (and hadn't even heard of until yesterday). It's just so cool...

12107824_10100799174066272_7076421160635589656_n.jpg

Old Ben came in yesterday. I love him and the fabric they used for him (I know some people prefer burlap but to each their own). My Hans and Chewie should be sent soon from Sideshow.

dankir

I'm glad I'm not getting any of the Force Awakens Hot Toys line. So many figures being released recently. Too much for me

12063463_959606697445647_8467313575241063441_n.jpg

WolfStark

Hot Toys Phasma is all I need. I'll get whoever else I happen to love AFTER I watch the movie.

Same here. As much as I like the troopers, I have neither the money, nor the will to buy every single one, especially weeks and month before the movie and with the normal troopers, I think they could've add the accessoires and made 1 version instead of multiple. But I hope they take their time with Phasma, there is so much other stuff to buy.^^

Snaku

Banned
Hot Toys Phasma is all I need. I'll get whoever else I happen to love AFTER I watch the movie.

I really hope they nail the chrome effect of her suit. That's something that has bugged me about every Phasma figure that's been released so far.

LiK

I really hope they nail the chrome effect of her suit. That's something that has bugged me about every Phasma figure that's been released so far.

I'm fine with just silver cuz chrome is a nightmare to handle. possible perm fingerprints and it's more fragile. I haven't purchased any recent chrome figures so not sure if the tech has improved.

Snaku

Banned
I'm fine with just silver cuz chrome is a nightmare to handle. possible perm fingerprints and it's more fragile. I haven't purchased any recent chrome figures so not sure if the tech has improved.

Yeah, if they do give her a chrome finish I'd only handle her with microfiber inspection gloves. Fingerprints would be a nightmare to clean.

LiK

Yeah, if they do give her a chrome finish I'd only handle her with microfiber inspection gloves. Fingerprints would be a nightmare to clean.

hopefully the HT wizards there can figure it out. I'm guessing that's why she hasn't been announced yet. probably still figuring out if they should do chrome or silver. maybe just do both versions.

People who don't like Marvel or DC thought they were safe from the Hot Toys onslaught.

No one is safe.

I'm not the biggest Marvel fan and a huge DC fan and I've never been too excited for DC Hot Toys. Star Wars though is just using the Force against my wallet. I'm sure the DCCU Hot Toys will excite me especially Joker and Harley.

I quit the figure game but forgot that there's 1 announced still that I want, has there been any new news on the Zero Suit Samus Figma?

Fjordson

Got Mezco's One:12 Judge Dredd in yesterday. Such an awesome figure. The leather suit they used is great and the way they handled his giant shoulder pads with magnets is perfect.

One:12 is maybe my favourite figure line out there right now. Dark Knight Returns Batman and Dredd both turned out basically perfect.

Got Mezco's One:12 Judge Dredd in yesterday. Such an awesome figure. The leather suit they used is great and the way they handled his giant shoulder pads with magnets is perfect.

One:12 is maybe my favourite figure line out there right now. Dark Knight Returns Batman and Dredd both turned out basically perfect.

Where did you order from? Been thinking about getting him because of how impressive Batman was but wanted to wait for reviews to hit before making my final decision.

Fjordson

Where did you order from? Been thinking about getting him because of how impressive Batman was but wanted to wait for reviews to hit before making my final decision.
I ordered directly from Mezco's site. I should note that it's the NYC Comic Con edition, black and white to look like the old comics. Really nice looking in person

8_2_3.jpg

The color versions aren't shipping quite yet I don't think. I have the Previews exclusive on pre-order from Big Bad, but haven't heard anything yet about a ship date http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=OOC10003&mode=retail

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
You know what you have to do, Diggeh.

He is pretty tiny, though. About the same size/cost ratio as a Nendo.

Freezy pls

I did what had to be done the second he went up! Always wanted a nice scaled Stitch figure. January is going to be a big month if there aren't any delays.

Kipp

Got my X-Plus Goji '73 posed with the Gigantic G2K. There's so much personality in his head sculpt. Probably my favorite Godzilla suit of all time.

Oh man, that Goji '73 head sculpt is just perfect. Love it.
Awesome setup!

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Got my X-Plus Goji '73 posed with the Gigantic G2K. There's so much personality in his head sculpt. Probably my favorite Godzilla suit of all time.

That looks awesome!

Wished I knew about these sooner, probably would've jumped on it.

Freezy pls

I did what had to be done the second he went up! Always wanted a nice scaled Stitch figure. January is going to be a big month if there aren't any delays.

There will always be delays. #1 rule of figure collecting.

When does Hot Toy set a firm date for their stuff. I'm waiting for this Darth Vader to hit my local shop. He has 3 on order.

I don't think they ever set firm dates. They usually have a window as to when things will start shipping.

Snaku

Banned
Oh man, that Goji '73 head sculpt is just perfect. Love it.
Awesome setup!

Yeah, it really is. I was super bummed about missing out on Jet Jaguar and Megalon preorders, and the price they go for now is insane. Really hoping Bluefin is considering them for their 25cm reissues next year.

That looks awesome!

Wished I knew about these sooner, probably would've jumped on it.

Well the Gigantic G2K is still available at Hobby Search and Ami2. Now is really the best time to jump into the X-Plus Godzilla line. Diamond is reissuing over a dozen of the 30cm series in America next year, and Bluefin just acquired the rights to reissue the 25cm series in America, and have already shown off King Ghidorah and Biollante. Most of these figures go for absurd prices second hand these days, but you can preorder them at places like Entertainment Earth for as low as $160 shipped.

Messi

When does Hot Toy set a firm date for their stuff. I'm waiting for this Darth Vader to hit my local shop. He has 3 on order.

It's always been release windows instead of dates. Just tell the shop to contact you when it arrives.

People usually post here when sideshow start shipping figures out.

Snaku

Banned
Time for more pics!
I just got Monsterarts Destoroyah today! He's so giant.
I also haven't posted decent pictures of Spacegodzilla or Godzilla Jr. yet, so some pics of those as well.

Bonus picture of Godzilla Jr. next to a coffee mug for a size comparison. It's amazing that he's so tiny yet he has such incredible detail and articulation. A seriously impressive figure.

Awesome pics, and poses. I really like how diorama friendly SHMs are. I think this thread is just gonna turn into the kaiju figure thread at this rate.

Just preordered these guys from X-Plus.

Kipp

Awesome pics, and poses. I really like how diorama friendly SHMs are. I think this thread is just gonna turn into the kaiju figure thread at this rate.

Just preordered these guys from X-Plus.

Thanks!
And lol yeah, it's heading that direction. I definitely am not opposed to that. :p

And very nice! What does your current collection look like besides the Gigantic G2K and Goji '73?

Snaku

Banned
And very nice! What does your current collection look like besides the Gigantic G2K and Goji '73?

Mostly consists of 25cm series kaiju. King-goji, Ebirah, Gigan, and Goji 84. Once I get settled and unpacked in my new place I'll snap some pics. Next year I'll be getting into the 30cm series heavily with Diamond's reissues. I've got Kiryu, Space Godzilla, Showa Gigan, Angilas, and Titanosaurus on order, and they're reissuing 6 Godzillas but we don't know which yet.

Kipp

My shelf is now perfectly filled up. Every time I look at it, it makes me smile. :D

Mostly consists of 25cm series kaiju. King-goji, Ebirah, Gigan, and Goji 84. Once I get settled and unpacked in my new place I'll snap some pics. Next year I'll be getting into the 30cm series heavily with Diamond's reissues. I've got Kiryu, Space Godzilla, Showa Gigan, Angilas, and Titanosaurus on order, and they're reissuing 6 Godzillas but we don't know which yet.

So cool! Looking forward to seeing your current collection, and especially looking forward to seeing the ones you've pre-ordered when you get them!

Gandara

That Goji 73 has got to be my favorite looking xplus Godzilla. Wish they had a 30 inch one to go with my Ric boy Gigan. I got a Goji 1991 recently, but had to move and I still have even opened the box.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Oh man, that Guts statue. The bane of all wallets. So darn good.

Top Bottom