• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

NEO0MJ

Yea I got the Megazord great price imo. No idea why they feel $200 is justified for this. Looks great though.

Maybe they though the current inflated price of the Dragonzord was a good indicator of demand? But the White Tigerzord seems to be a it of a shelf-warmer online so this might go down in price.

Yesssssss. Bought! Happy I waited on Sideshows.

1517592_10153245724462344_4683241246244011429_n.jpg

1496_10153245724932344_1858098314788595104_n.jpg

10623013_10153245724642344_4509210183173794197_n.jpg

12495199_10153245724887344_6216213470565232132_n.jpg

1915442_10153245724762344_2181097659031770145_n.jpg

12471711_10153245724847344_9212034257684329340_o.jpg

10577191_10153245724997344_5678032775679498147_n.jpg

1924030_10153245725012344_4667411188328980775_n.jpg

Samurai Vader DS ver. came through. Not a huge Star Wars nut, but this is a pretty cool figure. Was pretty much purchased just because of its looks. Favourite parts of the figure are the lightsaber and the metallic right forearm, which is just really well made.

Toyark have new images of Civil War SHF Cap. AOU version looks better, personally based on the current CW shots posted.

jackdoe

Finally had a chance to set up all the Hot Toys AOU figures that I currently own.

I'm still waiting for the Hulkbuster, Mark 45, Vision, Scarlet Witch, and Quicksilver, but I'm really pleased with the OG Avengers line up. The only figure I don't really like is Black Widow. She has pretty much only one possible pose thanks to the material that they used for her costume. Not to mention the fact that she is ludicrously small compared to everyone else. But I need her for the entire Avengers line up, so no other choice.

Fjordson

Samurai Vader DS ver. came through. Not a huge Star Wars nut, but this is a pretty cool figure. Was pretty much purchased just because of its looks. Favourite parts of the figure are the lightsaber and the metallic right forearm, which is just really well made.
Looks great.

This is such a cool line imo. I have the samurai Stormtrooper, may get this one also.

NEO0MJ

It looks really cool overall, but I'm not a big fan of the giant Death Star crest.

Also if anyone can direct me to a place where I can preorder the Figuarts Phasma It'd be greatly appreciated.

Jack-Nicholson-lol.gif

I am afraid you are a few months late for that.

But fear not, usually a couple of weeks before launch the usual sites start to put very limited restocks up for pre-order, usually when they get their allocation and know exactly how many figures they are going to get.
these random restocks happen out of the blue and sell out fast so you have to be on the look out.

That's how I got my Figuarts Kylo Ren, difficult but not impossible.

Sawneeks

Banned
But then I look into preordering and the cost is $200?! What the hell is up with that price hike?

It's because the Thunder Megazord is technically 2 Zords in 1.

It's this little red guy:

Covered with these guys ( except the Dragon ):

To make the big guy. So you would technically be buying 2 because the Red Dragon Zord is his own thing and the Thunder Megazord is the combined one. Or something. That's probably their reasoning anyway.

It's literally just Saban raising the price because they know people will spend it. This is the company that rebrands MMPR toys to hell and back for nostalgia cash with no shame at all which is a shame because that Thunderzord looks gorgeous.

Replicant

Dat hot toys life lol

Yeah, sometimes I wonder if this hobby is a bit much since I don't have enough shelf space. But I've had in the past ignored a release and regret it to this day. Hot Toys' RE5 Chris Redfield, for example. FFS, the price is now $600!!! I think someone tries to charge $1400 too. Ugh. I hope Hot Toys release the RE6 version of him already.

Yeah, sometimes I wonder if this hobby is a bit much since I don't have enough shelf space. But I've had in the past ignored a release and regret it to this day. Hot Toys' RE5 Chris Redfield, for example. FFS, the price is now $600!!! I think someone tries to charge $1400 too. Ugh. I hope Hot Toys release the RE6 version of him already.

Aftermarket prices on these things are fucking bananas. Pre-order it if you really want it, otherwise forget it. It's too much of a crapshoot trying to predict what's going to hit the bargain bin and what's going to drastically inflate.

dankir

Finally took out Deluxe AoU for some pics. Just got Maria Hill and AoU Thor arriving in a few days.

I can't wait to pose him with Hulkbuster.

12510481_10156433254500451_72132682565320121_n.jpg

1959729_10156433255120451_1990121228174241946_n.jpg

Replicant

Aftermarket prices on these things are fucking bananas. Pre-order it if you really want it, otherwise forget it. It's too much of a crapshoot trying to predict what's going to hit the bargain bin and what's going to drastically inflate.

Yeah, these days I pretty much decide that if I like the character and I *really* want the figure then I'll get it. But that's why I have to make sure it's a character that I really like and not some random purchase. So no Phasma/Troopers/Kylo Ren Hot Toys for me.

NEO0MJ

To make the big guy. So you would technically be buying 2 because the Red Dragon Zord is his own thing and the Thunder Megazord is the combined one. Or something. That's probably their reasoning anyway.

For a moment I thought you were serious.

Welcome to the hobby of toy collecting, where eventually you reach a phase that everything seems lose lose, lol.

Fantomex

Hai guys. Usually post more on facebook groups. But just want to remind you that Mace Windu will most likely be up for preorder late tonight from Japanese import sites.

1426284_orig.jpg

GunFalcon

new to this hot toys life but would like to start collecting... can anyone kindly direct me to the best site to purchase/preorder? I live in Canada if that affects anything...
thanks

new to this hot toys life but would like to start collecting... can anyone kindly direct me to the best site to purchase/preorder? I live in Canada if that affects anything...
thanks

www.SideshowToy.com is the best. You can preorder and pay off monthly leading up to the release. Downside here is they take a 20-30 dollar Non-refundable deposit so if you decide you don't want the figure, they keep that deposit. If something is wrong with the figure when you get it, they do a good job of replacing parts. You can also earn reward point to use towards future purchases.

Purdy

What is the best site for stock alerts?

Ordered through Nin Nin Game and regretting it, refusing to ship everything I ordered until all in stock despite paying shipping twice.

Hai guys. Usually post more on facebook groups. But just want to remind you that Mace Windu will most likely be up for preorder late tonight from Japanese import sites.

1426284_orig.jpg

thanks for the head up, also are those facebook groups good communities? send me a pm with those if that's ok.

cheers

dankir

thanks

Then Sideshow collectibles wouldn't be your best bet, well you're screwed regardless. The exchange rate is ass right now and you'll always pay duties on items from Sideshow. But if you can afford then they're a good option.

I buy off a seller in Alberta (Starbase Collectibles, here's his facebook link) they charge in USD but it's the cheapest way to get new Hot Toys if you want to pre-order. He's a great seller and always delivers. He has a non refundable deposit policy as most sellers do now. The price of Hot Toys have really jumped over the past few years and the exchange rate doesn't help.

For example I just paid for my AoU Thor figure from Starbase and it came out 237 dollars USD total (that's with shipping and other fee's they include)

While via Sideshow he's 219.99 plus shipping which is about 35 USD to Canada for a figure of that size and you'll pay at least 50 bucks Canadian in duties.

Otherwise get them from individual collectors.

GunFalcon

Then Sideshow collectibles wouldn't be your best bet, well you're screwed regardless. The exchange rate is ass right now and you'll always pay duties on items from Sideshow. But if you can afford then they're a good option.

I buy off a seller in Alberta (Starbase Collectibles, here's his facebook link) they charge in USD but it's the cheapest way to get new Hot Toys if you want to pre-order. He's a great seller and always delivers. He has a non refundable deposit policy as most sellers do now. The price of Hot Toys have really jumped over the past few years and the exchange rate doesn't help.

For example I just paid for my AoU Thor figure from Starbase and it came out 237 dollars USD total (that's with shipping and other fee's they include)

While via Sideshow he's 219.99 plus shipping which is about 35 USD to Canada for a figure of that size and you'll pay at least 50 bucks Canadian in duties.

Otherwise get them from individual collectors.

I appreciate you taking the time to pass on that info! Guess my collecting will wait a little longer till the peso (Canadian dollar) increases

I appreciate you taking the time to pass on that info! Guess my collecting will wait a little longer till the peso (Canadian dollar) increases
But will it? It keeps getting lower and lower, economists say this shit is cyclical but I don't know man, I just don't see the light at the end of the tunnel, I hope you don't have to wait too long.

dankir

But will it? It keeps getting lower and lower, economists say this shit is cyclical but I don't know man, I just don't see the light at the end of the tunnel, I hope you don't have to wait too long.

Well at this point it's not predicted to go that much lower and we should start seeing it slowly creep up. It'll be a while before its back into the 80 cent range, I miss the parity days.

I've slowed down my hot toys pre-ordering as a result. Once I get my Hulkbuster which is now going to cost me 1150 compared to what 1000 when it was first announced I'll pick up figures as they come along.

I used to pre-order because I was worried the figures would sell out, but Hot Toys is a much bigger company than it used to be when I started collecting back in 2009, almost nothing sells out and even the exclusive figures are still easy to find.

So if you do decide to wait out, I would say it should be easy to find most figures brand new or from collectors looking to sell.

Something like my 2008 Iron Man Mark 3 Gunmetal will always be rare, but those days are past.

LiK

Sold a bunch of SS 1/6 figures for double what they were selling for just a few months ago. TFA hype really helped. Gonna sell some other SW collectibles that have been stuck in storage and clear out more space. Thanks Disney!

Gave into my addiction and am going hard for Hot Toys Star Wars. Used my Rewards and am getting Vader for just a bit over $100. Now I'm sad I missed out on Han and Chewie but thinking of getting rid of my Dark Knight Hot Toys and just buying Han and Chewie with the money unless someone here has buyers remorse and want to do a trade or sell them to me :)

I have a reservation in for them on Sideshow but that has only worked out for me once.

LiK

Yea, I kinda regret not getting Hot Toys ANH Han and Chewie now. At least we might see TFA ones later.

Also I always preferred the Chewie in RotJ. Those bangs were cool.

Sold a bunch of SS 1/6 figures for double what they were selling for just a few months ago. TFA hype really helped. Gonna sell some other SW collectibles that have been stuck in storage and clear out more space. Thanks Disney!
What's your go to site for selling your figures? I need to get rid of some of my figures still boxed but I am terrified of eBay since they always side with the buyer and I am not a store that can take a loss here and there, it'll take just one person not acknowledging that I shipped a figure to wreck me bad.

LiK

What's your go to site for selling your figures? I need to get rid of some of my figures still boxed but I am terrified of eBay since they always side with the buyer and I am not a store that can take a loss here and there, it'll take just one person not acknowledging that I shipped a figure to wreck me bad.

I went eBay. Never had any issues as a seller, thankfully. Been pretty lucky. I've been scammed as a buyer tho.

Do you have any left? There are a couple old Iron Man figures I missed that I'd like to get. I'd rather not pay double for them though, heh.

I went eBay. Never had any issues as a seller, thankfully. Been pretty lucky. I've been scammed as a buyer tho.
I might have to man up and put my stuff there and hope for the best, can I allow to bid only people with good Rep or something like that?

LiK

Do you have any left? There are a couple old Iron Man figures I missed that I'd like to get. I'd rather not pay double for them though, heh.

I plan on selling some soon. Can't promise they'll be cheap cuz most are sealed. I'll have you guys in mind if I decide to sell them close to MSRP here.

I might have to man up and put my stuff there and hope for the best, can I allow to bid only people with good Rep or something like that?

Yea, you can restrict anyone with negative FB but not zero. I also only use BIN and PayPal only along with other restrictions. There's a whole list in seller settings you can mess with. I also don't ship outside the USA right now mainly because I don't wanna deal with international shipping.

1426284_orig.jpg

I got Phasma because of a post like this but can't remember the time for the life of me. Was it midnight PST?

Yea, you can restrict anyone with negative FB but not zero. I also only use BIN and PayPal only along with other restrictions. There's a whole list in seller settings you can mess with. I also don't ship outside the USA right now mainly because I don't wanna deal with international shipping.

Cool, I'll do Canada and USA only, I'd love to do Canada only since shipping will be easier but I know my chances will increase tenfold by adding USA.
I've heard it's pretty common in the states for packages to be left in the porch/front door? that's an invitation for theft right there, here in Canada if nobody is there they leave you a note and you go pick it up at the nearest mail centre, I can't imagine tracking an expensive figure from work and reading a delivered notice with a "left at the front door"

LiK

Cool, I'll do Canada and USA only, I'd love to do Canada only since shipping will be easier but I know my chances will increase tenfold by adding USA.
I've heard it's pretty common in the states for packages to be left in the porch/front door? that's an invitation for theft right there, here in Canada if nobody is there they leave you a note and you go pick it up at the nearest mail centre, I can't imagine tracking an expensive figure from work and reading a delivered notice with a "left at the front door"

Yea, although if you're selling something expensive you can always say signature for package is required in the auction. So if it's lost, it's not your fault. I offer that as an option for expensive stuff.

dankir

When I sell expensive things on eBay I go out of my way to protect myself. Take pictures of your packaging, picture of the item before you seal the package, the package at the post office, etc.

Even though eBay likes to side with the buyers, as long as you have your proof then you should be good.

Top Bottom