• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

curb

Banned
People like Kojima and Yoshimura have these on their work desk, you can too!

Not that I'm ashamed of my interests but my work office doesn't seem like the appropriate place for that kinda of things. It's a fairly serious environment.

That being said, I barely have anyone into my actual physical office so I could probably get away with one or two small things.

As a side note. Somehow, this little guy keeps kicking around our kitchen area.

MJBvJ37.jpg

Fantomex

Not that I'm ashamed of my interests but my work office doesn't seem like the appropriate place for that kinda of things. It's a fairly serious environment.

That being said, I barely have anyone into my actual physical office so I could probably get away with one or two small things.

As a side note. Somehow, this little guy keeps kicking around our kitchen area.

I got one of those form a vending machine, i think it was Wolverine.

curb

Banned
I got one of those form a vending machine, i think it was Wolverine.

My guess is that someone had their child along with them here at some point. He keeps moving around the kitchen and I don't know who's doing it. I'm surprised no one has thrown him out yet.

People like Kojima and Yoshimura have these on their work desk, you can too!
You don't seem familiar how Curb's brain works, his first post / reactions to figures posted here are: not interested / too expensive, this is a basic defence mechanism based on denial that is very easy to hack and get trough, by the second or third page of people praising, commenting and buying the figure his resolution is all but gone and he is just thinking how to hide the figure when it arrives.

curb

Banned
You don't seem familiar how Curb's brain works, his first post / reactions to figures posted here are: not interested / too expensive, this is a basic defence mechanism based on denial that is very easy to hack and get trough, by the second or third page of people praising, commenting and buying the figure his resolution is all but gone and he is just thinking how to hide the figure when it arrives.

You don't know me.

Seriously though, this thread always got me like

vtiYLxB.gif

Also, my office really isn't that kind of place.

I want that...
She was worth it imo, actually was cheaper than most Figma($40 shipped).
She has some switchable boobs which are a bit of a problem as the regular are too lose and alternate are too tight.(for 2 handed gun poses and such.)
but she is still in my top 3 or 4 Figmas.

Fantomex

She was worth it imo, actually was cheaper than most Figma($40 shipped).
She has some switchable boobs which are a bit of a problem as the regular are too lose and alternate are too tight.(for 2 handed gun poses and such.)
but she is still in my top 3 or 4 Figmas.

Tell me more about this um, switchable boobs feature. I'm asking for a friend.

Lol

Tell me more about this um, switchable boobs feature. I'm asking for a friend.

Lol

LOL, she has 2 sets that just pop on and off.
one set is the average looking in that right pic, other set is pushed together to allow her to hold the pistol and machine gun with 2 hands.
The average set was on good in the packaging but once I switched them out the regular set became so loose it falls off easily.

Action figures in this thread? Generally. Sorry, should have clarified that:)

For Japanese stuff I use http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/
Its normally cheaper buying from japan and importing it than buying from a domestic source.(that figure I posted was $40 total including shipping from Japan, meanwhile if I bought it from American stores it would cost $60 without shipping)

Not really sure for EU but for American stuff I go with http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/default.aspx

For Japanese stuff I use http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/
Its normally cheaper buying from japan and importing it than buying from a domestic source.(that figure I posted was $40 total including shipping from Japan, meanwhile if I bought it from American stores it would cost $60 without shipping)

On the whole, buying from Hobbysearch will cost you about 10% more than doing so from AmiAmi. And AmiAmi has a
dangerous to wallets
pre-owned section that updates regularly.

How does one get banned from Amiami? Did you cancel too many orders?

Only had one successful transaction with them, when my 2nd order arrived in stock I had a family emergency come up and asked it I could cancel...
was banned.

One of the main reason I love Hobby Search, they allowed me to cancel twice and multiple times have given me two full week extensions to the payment due date.
(helpful when preordering Figma as they always get delayed and you don't expect them to show up instock.)

Fantomex

I love this OT.

Went to Wal-Mart and they had the Odin wave minus Captain Marvel and Thor, Swooped in like the Dinobots and snatched them. They should be hitting all your Targets and Walmarts right about now so check them out!

dankir

Ultron is 16 inches tall, even bigger Thanos! Most likely 300 USD.

10991111_786364644771404_9160894316756163770_n.jpg

more pics

10850148_439382932880867_3912419434155143980_n.jpg

10371422_439382959547531_1660718473419364445_n.jpg

1545957_10152610015317344_8018051208241963347_n.jpg

10974158_10152610016657344_3861013329562008425_o.jpg

and this is coming, not really surprising.

10369971_860675817327743_5043219478231609075_n.jpg

curb

Banned
That Ultron is pretty great but there's something about that overall character design that's not clicking for me. Personally, I'd pick the Thanos figure over the Ultron but not without an Infinity Gauntlet.

So my week has been shit. The windshield on my car cracked and I'm getting ready to head to the vet to look at my currently ill dog but at least this arrived to give me a little bit of happiness.

ihkALvCXzK0Tk.jpg

I'll try to get more pics posted of it when time allows and I sort the rest of the week out.

Top Bottom