• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

NECA has some awesome stuff coming out

Love the Ultimate Series stuff and glad to see AVP stuff coming out

C6sHnEX.jpg

10968434_810893638986465_5773991148450167226_n.jpg

10525655_810893622319800_141885604303965741_n.jpg

10959318_810893665653129_746688417564357818_n.jpg

1423926516266.jpg

1423926705820.jpg

Wanderer5

Honestly Luke looks pretty bleh, but Vader looks fine. I think the look is only going to really look good with robots or full suit characters like Vader. I want to see what Ultron is like.

JLynn

Bought the Black Series six inch Vader and Fett as belated Valentine's Day gifts for my girl. Hope they arrive here in good shape.

JLynn

Me and my girl watched Willow. Movie still kicks ass. Which leads me to wonder why there wasn't any Willow action figures. Imagine a Hot Toys Madmartigan and General Kael on top of his steed.

Am I the only one thinking this?

Drayco21

Hasbro's live event is happening, updating with news:

MARVEL:

Spider-Man Legends line has Scarlet Spider, Misty Knight, Kraven the Hunter, White Tiger, Superior Venom and a Chameleon who can "pretend" to be J. Jonah Jameson. Rhino is the BAF.

The leaked list of Ant-Man figures is still accurate. Movie Ant-Man, Yellowjacket, Hank Pym Giant Man, Wasp, Grim Reaper, Bulldozer, Tiger Shark, and Ultron Prime for the BAF.

Avengers Wave 3 leak confirmed- Dr. Strange, Blizzard, Vision, Marvel Now Gold Iron Man, War Machine, Thundra, Valkyrie. Hulkbuster BAF confirmed, and it's the biggest BAF Hasbro has ever done, they claim. Set hype engines to warp speed!

Amazon-Exclusive 4 pack based on the MCU characters- Thor, Bruce Banner, Hawkeye and Black Widow.

Target is getting a three pack with an exclusive Hulk, a white-colored Vision, and an Ultron.

3.75" Infinite Series shows off Emma Frost, Golden Age of Ultron drone, Scarlet Spider, MCU Ant-Man with giant riding Ant.

Marvel 500 announced- blind bag 2" scale figures meant for younger kids. Apparently more than 400 different figures- 70 just in the first year.

New Hero Mashers include Rocket Raccoon, Agent Venom and Hulk vs. Hulkbuster set.

Titan Series is getting expanded with electronics and more characters. Also exclusives- Hawkeye and White Iron Man are Entertainment Earth only.

STAR WARS:

Star Wars Hero Mashers are a thing now- will include a bunch of Rebels guys, as well as movies including Darth Vader, Anakin Skywalker, and most incredibly of all, Jar Jar Binks. "Finally, you can easily rip Jar-Jar's head off his body."

Blade Builders lets kids build their own stupidly nonsensical lightsabers, has foam blades for safety.

Star Wars Furbies- including Furbacca.

No word on any of their "normal" toylines- no Black Series announcements or 3.75" stuff. This is everything today.

Cptkrush

O.K. Round two: Hawkeye

Look and Feel:
Starting with the paint. I'm not familiar with this costume, and I have to say I'm digging it. The first thing I noticed about the figure was its bright and vivid purples. They look incredible. The skin tone on him looks wonderful. The eyes are kind of wonky; the paint is a nice blue color, but they are really uneven. The blue used for the rest of the suit is pretty great as well. One thing I really hate about this figure is the numbers printed on his leg, and I am not sure if that's exclusive to this figure or if I have missed it on all of my others. It seems really obvious here.

The sculpt of this figure is insane. Hawkeye's face sculpt looks great, and his mask has some great details. He has a very stern facial expression, and I think it fits. His body size seems to be perfect for Hawkeye. He has a "metal arm" that looks like it is meant to be an arm guard for the bow. I have read that people are getting figures with uneven arms, but mine has even arms. He has this hard plastic drape thing with the scale chest armor, and I really do not like it. The details on the chainmail are nice, but the piece itself just gets in the way. The drape can be removed, but the figure looks goofy without it. One thing that I really like about this sculpt is the boots; they just look amazing.

Articulation and Posing
This figure really shines in the articulation department. I'll give a rundown of what you get:
Fully poseable head and neck
Super solid ball joint shoulders
Swivel biceps
Double jointed elbows!
Hands move up and down and swivel
Ab crunch
Swivel at the hips
Ball joint on the hips that have the full range of motion
Swivel on the hamstrings
Wonderful double jointed knees
Ankles move up and down and swivel
ANKLE PIVOT!

The shoulder joints are super solid, and they click really nicely when you move them. The "metal arm" is from the Winter Soldier figure, and I am not a fan of the build quality. It seems to bend really easily compared to normal arms. One major problem that I have with this figure is that he has a loose hip joint. I'm not sure if that's across the board or if it is just my figure. The drape piece kind of gets into the way while posing, but I didn't have any major problems with it. You can get this figure into practically any position you want, and he will look great.

Accessories:
Hawkeye comes with two accessories: A bow, and a quiver. I really wish this figure came with a loose arrow, but it's not a big deal. The bow is really crappy, and I was hoping it would have a nylon string rather than just a flimsy piece of plastic. The paint is super flat, and it just doesn't do it for me. The quiver looks really nice. It has some great details such as the feathers and materials around the outside of it. The quiver fits easily into his back with a peg. On the other hand, the bow does not fit easily into his left hand. It seems that this figure was built for a left handed Hawkeye, but the arm guard is on the wrong side. The bow fits well into his right hand, but it doesn't look right because you want the "metal arm" to be the guard.

Overal Impressions:
You're going to hear "this is my first _____ figure" a lot, and it is true here as well. Aside from a few flaws, this figure is amazing. If you don't have any Hawkeye figures, or you really like this costume, I definitely recommend it. If you're looking for a figure with some crazy articulation and nice looking paint, I recommend it to you as well. This is probably one of my favorite figures in my collection based on articulation and posing alone. He will be a lot of fun as my collection grows and I get to make more displays.

Here's a link to the imgur album with the pics I took for this review:
http://imgur.com/a/tt5v2
I figured I'd do this instead of cluttering up the thread with old news pics today since we all want to see the NYTF pics instead :)

Snaku

Banned
I'm more interested to see if there'll be an SH Figuarts of Ultron and the Hulkbuster. We know Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, and Cap are coming.

Marvel Legends:

Wave 2 Avengers: Cap, Hulk, Iron Man, Spider-Woman, Batroc Hellcat and Thanos BAF.

Wave 3 Dr. Strange, Blizzard, Vision, Marvel Now Iron Man Black and Gold, War Machine with alternate Flip helmet head, Thundra, Valkyrie. BAF is Massive Hulkbuster. He is Big. About 9".

Ant-Man: Antman with small Antman and Yellowjacket, Wasp, Grim Reaper new body mold, Tiger Shark, Giant Man, Bulldozer, BAF Ultron Prime which is about 9".

3.75" Ant-Man with flying ant, both articulated. Ant-Man Mashers as well.

2" Marvel 500 figures in blind bags.

Marvel Infinite Series Scarlet Spider-, Chameleon, Gold Ultron, Deadpool (Blue and Yellow), Emma Frost.

Spider-Man Legends wave 2, Ghost Rider, Scarlet Spider (Classic), JJ Jamason, Misty Knight, Kraven, Superior Venom, White Tiger BAF is Rhino comic with alternate head.

2015 Exclusives: Entertainment Earth is getting Titan Hawkeye and blue and white Iron Man.

3.75" TRU Multipacks with (Black Widow and Cap), (Iron Man mark 43 and Nick Fury). Fully Articulated.

Walmart role play Hulkbuster set.

Marvel Legends Target 3-pack Dr. Green, White Vision, and Comic Ultron (New).

Amazon, Thor, Banner, Hawkeye, Black Widow Avengers Age of Ultron 6" movie figures.
http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?catid=252&itemid=18574

curb

Banned
I was hoping Giant Man or Stature for BAF, so movie Yellowjacket could have the Giant Man slot as a single card figure.

I was only really interested in Ultron for the wave but I'm not buying the whole wave just to get him.

Edit: aww mang, that Rhino is the bee's knees.

mreddie

Legends Wasp looks like Infinite figure, then again, that's her default costume these days despite the fact she now her Uncanny Avengers outfit.

Alright, here's a selection of some of my stuff. Forgive the shitty pics, I only have my tablet and the poor lighting in my room.

Neca's Pacific Rim line. I'd like to complete this collection but frankly not all of the figures interest me. Definitely need Otachi in my life, though.

Sota's line of Chronicles of Riddick figures.

Hellboy/BPRD figures by Mezco. Probably my favorite in my collection.

Bandai Monster Arts King Ghidorah.

Neca Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.

Bloodember

Nice! think I may dedicate a whole detolf to her as well since there's alot of Harley stuff coming out. That sideshow statue is awesome

Yeah, she is. That is my first Sideshow Premium Format. Had no idea how awesome they were, pictures do not do justice to many of them. Lot's of Harley coming out, many I'll be getting also.

Rootbeer

Banned
Hoooly crap you guys, Marvel Legends fans have one of the most epic years in the line's history on the menu this year. They showed off a lot of great upcoming stuff

Really happy with the Hulkbuster they showed off.

I might have to get the 3.75" ant man + Ant too even though I'll definitely be getting the 6" ant man wave

Well im more a small scale fan but I might be changing that soon.
DCC is killing it and somehow Legends seems to be doing better than Marvel Universe ever did and that line was amazing.

I need that Arkham Origins Lady Shiva in my life.

Top Bottom