• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

She's going to have a GSC exclusive...apple.

ISWQFxj.jpg

Yeah.

Diggeh pls. Fruit is good for you.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
It definitely beats having to spend a billion dollars getting that older Japan exclusive CE. Sure, the sculpt is a bit different with different accessories, but it's basically the same figure. I'll take it!

LiK

It definitely beats having to spend a billion dollars getting that older Japan exclusive CE. Sure, the sculpt is a bit different with different accessories, but it's basically the same figure. I'll take it!

if it makes you feel better, i own the CE and it's still sealed. :p

NEO0MJ

hard to tell with the new site. i don't see the dates for the charges. how many invoices did you get?

Other than the initial $30 I got 5 invoices. I sent an email to them a while back because like you I couldn't find the payment schedule and they said the last payment was supposed to be 17 January. Guess they're still having issues after the move.

LiK

Other than the initial $30 I got 5 invoices. I sent an email to them a while back because like you I couldn't find the payment schedule and they said the last payment was supposed to be 17 January. Guess they're still having issues after the move.

same amount here.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
The Neca alien queen is getting reissued. Yay. Now they just need to reissue ED-209.

if it's regular release: pretty much the main import stores
amiami
hlj
hobby search
cdjapan

if it's a p-bandai web exclusive, normal retailers will not carry but but specialty shops will carry it like
Nippon Yasan

if it's being distributed by blue fin (coming to usa)
BBTS
amazon
and other US stores.

cheers for that run down

so i recall amiami used to sell "3R x FEWTURE - Golgo 13" quite cheapely about 110AUD , and the hot toys one wasnt to badly priced ether just wondering if they can still be found anywere cheapish ?

also as far as US stores go who offers the cheapest internaontail shipping ?

i ended up settling on this site for the TMNT figs

https://www.popcultcha.com.au/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-donatello-1-4-scale-action-figure.html

LiK

Gawd, nothing I hate more than getting a payment request from AmiAmi a day after I just sent payment for another order. I'm just gonna wait the full 7 days from now on.

Thinking about that Kylo Ren Hot Toys from Think Geek.

p-bandai web exclusive stuff generally are very easy to get vs. normal release at retail, generally orders will be unlimited till the order period deadline passes. just no discount and 5-10 bucks higher than msrp. (unless it's a metal build gundam limit 2 per order, then you're screwed)

i see the limit is 24 per order so you won't have to stay up for it.

look for Nippon Yasan, you'll have plenty of time =)

I'm just gonna piggy back on this for more details.

So I go to Nippon Yasan and wait for the stated time, and order? Do they charge before or when the items are ready to ship?

Also, do they raise the price once it's in stock? I'm looking at their SH Black Panther and its just $10 less than BBTS, but I always assumed he was a web exclusive too and they just ordered a bunch from Nippon or something.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
cheers for that run down

also as far as US stores go who offers the cheapest internaontail shipping ?
i'm in the US so i never ordered from a US store to ship international =/

Thinking about that Kylo Ren Hot Toys from Think Geek.

I'm just gonna piggy back on this for more details.

So I go to Nippon Yasan and wait for the stated time, and order? Do they charge before or when the items are ready to ship?

Also, do they raise the price once it's in stock? I'm looking at their SH Black Panther and its just $10 less than BBTS, but I always assumed he was a web exclusive too and they just ordered a bunch from Nippon or something.
i don't know the exact time they will put it up but it'll be up sometime around or after depending on when they feel like posting it.

they used to do pay later but for the web order exclusives they've been doing pay upfront these days so i'm pretty sure you will have to pay now.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Messi pls buy every Harley ever don't listen to Hateloid and his schemes!

Does that Metroid come with Phazon Samus?
The Metroid is a separate 2.5-inch figure that retails for $3-$5 depending on the retailer. I got mine at Target earlier this month. Walmart, Walgreens, and Toys "R" Us also stock them.

There's actually two versions of the Metroid: the regular carded release with a squishy plastic dome (what I have), and a Walmart open display box version with a hard dome. There's also a big 6-inch version that released a few years ago.

Phazon Suit Samus was $9.84 at Walmart. She only comes with her Morph Ball form. They also previously released Varia Suit and Gravity Suit versions. The Varia Suit also had an exclusive metallic variant that was exclusive to ComicConBox.

Not my pictures, but here's the Figma Samus with both the 2.5-inch and 6-inch versions of the Metroid.

The Metroid is a separate 2.5-inch figure that retails for $3-$5 depending on the retailer. I got mine at Target earlier this month. Walmart, Walgreens, and Toys "R" Us also stock them.

There's actually two versions of the Metroid: the regular carded release with a squishy plastic dome (what I have), and a Walmart open display box version with a hard dome. There's also a big 6-inch version that released a few years ago.

Phazon Suit Samus was $9.84 at Walmart. She only comes with her Morph Ball form. They also previously released Varia Suit and Gravity Suit versions. The Varia Suit also had an exclusive metallic variant that was exclusive to ComicConBox.

Not my pictures, but here's the Figma Samus with both the 2.5-inch and 6-inch versions of the Metroid.

Awesome. Maybe TRU over here has them.

Zombine

Banned
The new Kat figure is wayyyyyyyyyyy better than the bare bones old one. Preordered super hard.

I miss out on Padme, but I'm sure I'll be able to get her elsewhere. Awesome sculpt though.

who carries them wirthout hiking the prices too much?

Nippon Yasan,
https://www.nippon-yasan.com/19854-shfiguarts-saotome-genma-limited-edition.html

it's less than 5 USD w/ the yen to USD rate.

basically they have to order it from p-bandai and have them re-ship it to you once they get it, they'll make minimal profit. i don't even seeing it as scalping as if you had a friend living in Japan ordering if for you, it'll probably end up costing about the same for his time and effort to order it and re-ship it to you (if you decided to tip him for his efforts). it'll be cheaper than going through most proxies =)

edit:
Padme is up on NY in case anyone wants to know
https://www.nippon-yasan.com/19855-...ala-attack-of-the-clones-limited-edition.html

LiK

always worrede about NY now. for some reason, customs likes to tear open stuff i bought from them. had 3 packages in a row get torn apart.

Top Bottom