• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

16177515_342120779514466_5591963630945751007_o.jpg

^ F4F Breath of the Wild Link headsculpt.

The newest additions to my collection. Was actually surprised how good the 1/4 scale Harley from NECA was. I usually don't expect much from large figures.

4Rz5ro4.jpg

IHHUuPP.jpg

v9FcLsM.jpg

always worrede about NY now. for some reason, customs likes to tear open stuff i bought from them. had 3 packages in a row get torn apart.

BiginJapan is another option. but it's 500 yen above Nippon Yasan, i would double check which is lowest after putting it in cart and check shipping amount. sometimes BiginJapan comes out about even.

i had a few hiccups with Nippon Yasan being slow to ship but all in all, i'm glad for these forwarding services and stores bc prior to them it was such a struggle to get exclusive japan figures. (unless blue fin distributes them in the U.S.)
the Macross products i love are strictly not allowed in the U.S./international markets (thanks to Harmony Gold!) so forwarding services/stores are a godsend =)

Had Padme in the cart and it was going to be ninty-something dollars and I was like nah for a 6 inch figure. Maybe in 5 years or so, HT will do PT stuff.

LiK

BiginJapan is another option. but it's 500 yen above Nippon Yasan, i would double check which is lowest after putting it in cart and check shipping amount. sometimes BiginJapan comes out about even.

i had a few hiccups with Nippon Yasan being slow to ship but all in all, i'm glad for these forwarding services and stores bc prior to them it was such a struggle to get exclusive japan figures. (unless blue fin distributes them in the U.S.)
the Macross products i love are strictly not allowed in the U.S./international markets (thanks to Harmony Gold!) so forwarding services/stores are a godsend =)

oh good, i like BiJ. i use them to forward packages for me from shops that don't ship internationally.

Had Padme in the cart and it was going to be ninty-something dollars and I was like nah for a 6 inch figure. Maybe in 5 years or so, HT will do PT stuff.

Good god that shipping cost to IL

it's about 77 for me (in the US) if choosing SAL eco w/ tracking + insurance @ nippon yasan (i'm not getting it but was just checking shipping costs)

it's about the same biginjapan

for small figures sal small packet is the way to go but it gets here in about 2-3 weeks, sometimes up to 8 weeks if it's stuck in customs.

edit:
oh good, i like BiJ. i use them to forward packages for me from shops that don't ship internationally.
yeah i have my Macross Delta vf-31J super packs already paid for from biginjapan (i chose them over Nippon Yasan even though it was a measly 2 bucks more shipped)

Guys, please stop. You'll get this thread locked like that old thread where...you know. The less said about it the better.

So, uh, nice detailed review of the SOC Voltron for those interested.

SOC_Voltron157.jpg

thanks! my shipment with US slip cover is coming this thursday! so hyped for it

I wish I didn't want that Voltron. I expect clearance prices on it though. No way it sells through at $300.
it was about 210 plus shipping on hlj

i ended up getting the US version for 260 shipped. so it's about right about the same as shipped from amiami/hlj/
thing is sold out in JYP, i think it was well received.

Top Bottom