• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Messi

Guys, please stop. You'll get this thread locked like that old thread where...you know. The less said about it the better.

So, uh, nice detailed review of the SOC Voltron for those interested.

SOC_Voltron157.jpg

Yeah that got closed for much worse stuff. We are just funning

NEO0MJ

P E O P L E P L S

If this ship goes down I'm pinning all the blame on you, tempter. You coerce people to give in to their baser selves by seducing them with toys, toys that they think will fill that empty void in their heart where love should be. It's not natural, it's not healthy.

Also, that Voltron gives me high hopes for the Megazord. You all should buy it.

Only 10" tall? WAT

Is this from a really upscale line?

SOC are one of the top mecha lines around and really high quality.

NEO0MJ

Yeah that got closed for much worse stuff. We are just funning

Just...don't fun about that stuff.

that's going to be hot too. just don't buy it at 300. get it cheaper elsewhere.

I preordered at Amiami for around $240, though who knows how the exchange rate will be when it finally ships.

Oh okay. That explains it. It's kind of impressive that they can do all that with metal on that scale.

Bandai has been working on the SOC line for almost two decades with over 70 releases, and they have become exceedingly efficient at it.

Dang it. Glad the regular is getting a reissue.

But what if it is actually coming :O

I preordered at Amiami for around $20, though who knows how the exchange rate will be when it finally ships.

Its been holding steady for a bit now. About 87 cents per 100¥. Hope it drops some more, though. It was great when it was down to 80 cents per 100¥ last year.

Hey GAF,

I posted a few pages back about starting to collect Marvel Action Figures. I'm on a marvel select kick and have a few of them (Venom, Deadpool, Wolverine (old school outfit), Punisher). Ordered Carnage, Spiderman (few different versions....with Uncle Ben's Killer and the one where he has a camera), and ordered the Civil War ones.

What are some other good ones to get? I noticed The Wolverine one is going for 100 bucks on ebay. Holy cow thats expensive! Must be super rare!

I've been told to get Juggernaut and Thanos....I will look into those as well.

Thanks!

SuperSah

Banned
Have you guys ever ordered a figure from a series/game etc. that you don't really care for solely for the cool design?

I've really been wanting the Figma Magician Girl from Yu-Gi-Oh since she was announced. She's making her way overseas to my local anime store and really liked her, yet have zero connection to the franchise.

Anyone done this?

1upsuper

Have you guys ever ordered a figure from a series/game etc. that you don't really care for solely for the cool design?

I've really been wanting the Figma Magician Girl from Yu-Gi-Oh since she was announced. She's making her way overseas to my local anime store and really liked her, yet have zero connection to the franchise.

Anyone done this?

I've done it a couple times. They were characters I sort of knew by osmosis though. I knew about them, I liked their designs, and I knew about them from hearing other people talk about their IPs. Usually I stick to figures for franchises I love because I can't afford much on a student's budget.

Coincidentally, I did pick up the DMG figure you mention when she released, though I'm a big original Yu-Gi-Oh fan and she was one of Yugi's staple cards. I hope we get a Dark Magician figma and a Kuriboh nendoroid someday...

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
If this ship goes down I'm pinning all the blame on you, tempter. You coerce people to give in to their baser selves by seducing them with toys, toys that they think will fill that empty void in their heart where love should be. It's not natural, it's not healthy.

u5Js289.gif

Hey GAF,

I posted a few pages back about starting to collect Marvel Action Figures. I'm on a marvel select kick and have a few of them (Venom, Deadpool, Wolverine (old school outfit), Punisher). Ordered Carnage, Spiderman (few different versions....with Uncle Ben's Killer and the one where he has a camera), and ordered the Civil War ones.

What are some other good ones to get? I noticed The Wolverine one is going for 100 bucks on ebay. Holy cow thats expensive! Must be super rare!

I've been told to get Juggernaut and Thanos....I will look into those as well.

Thanks!

Chand pls I said Juggernaut, Thanos, AND Abomination! Buy them all!

all of them

Diggeh I paid for two more AmiAmi orders I'm on a streak.

Edit: got my order in for Padme via biginjapan.

I'm proud of you Zombine
until you cancel the next 50 orders
!

Zombine

Banned
I'm proud of you Zombine
until you cancel the next 50 orders
!

My orders are perfectly spread out now! Only about one shipment every couple of months. I'm still flip flopping on the Jason Artfx statue. I LOVE it but it would make that month a little expensive.

Messi

My orders are perfectly spread out now! Only about one shipment every couple of months. I'm still flip flopping on the Jason Artfx statue. I LOVE it but it would make that month a little expensive.

Remember when you told me you were saving money. Lol.

ohkay

Anyone done this?
I've bought some Gundam figures/models just because I like big giant robots

Diggeh I paid for two more AmiAmi orders I'm on a streak.

Edit: got my order in for Padme via biginjapan.

stepped on a rake, you got your name back. and nice! biginjapan is solid.

Is the retail price on that $300 or is it just marked up right now due to its hype?

jyp preorders were about 220-240 with the current yen rate (pre-orders all sold out)
it's die cast so heav so with shipping it'll be about 270-280 shipped

blue fin bringing it to the US with amazon/BBTS listing it @ 299 but you can catch it for about 250-260 shipped no tax. they close pretty fast (obviously ppl want pre-order at those places first) as amazon and BBTS toydojo etc. will be last bc of the price.

jyp preorders were about 220-240 with the current yen rate (pre-orders all sold out)
it's die cast so heav so with shipping it'll be about 270-280 shipped

US shops always charge a little bit more to cover their shipping costs and take advantage of the people who don't know to import it themselves.

Zombine

Banned
stepped on a rake, you got your name back. and nice! biginjapan is solid.

I finally stopped stepping on those rakes.

Last time I shopped BIJ was for the Dead Yamcha figure. Great shipping and great site (even though the mobile marketplace makes it look like something you'd find on TOR).

Really? I honestly don't know why they even bothered with that one. They're making an ArtFX+ Gordon from the Gotham TV series as well.

I am a-ok with them doing horror. I'm a big fan of the Friday The 13th franchise and I'm not a huge fan of NECA so this is the best possible scenario for me outside of gigantic Sideshow piece.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Diggeh is the enabler we all need.

Speaking of enabling, the Mythic Legions 2.0 KS begins next Friday! Prepare your wallets.

GxHIxCs.png

Here's a sneak peak of the Iron Knight Legion Builder:

LOL ok. I'll get all 3 of them. Which hulk select do you recommend?

Start of with Red Hulk because he's awesome and his Legends counterpart was a Target exclusive BAF in 2008.
geez that was almost 10 years ago

pls

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Messi pls don't listen to them buy all the Harleys you want all day every day

Messi

Messi who do you trust Diggeh or Freezy and me?

I want to trust Diggeh. I know of hot toys announce what I want I'll bite. The recent Harley is the perfect example of that.

Diggeh tells me what I want to hear. Freezy has already realised I am a lost cause.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I want to trust Diggeh. I know of hot toys announce what I want I'll bite. The recent Harley is the perfect example of that.

Diggeh tells me what I want to hear. Freezy has already realised I am a lost cause.

aucv9iJ.gif

Bunker down for the WonFes and Toy Fair reveals there could be tons more Harleys

Top Bottom