• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

dankir

16195947_1301835199891010_3726859354063501825_n.jpg

Messi

Well Iron Man will be in Home Coming, so for sure they'll release an armor for him.

Hoping we get:

1. Spider-Man
  2. 2nd Spider Man update costume (read that he'll have multiple suits)
  3. Iron Man
  4. Vulture
  5. Shocker

I doubt we will get shocker. They don't seem all that interested in releasing figures that aren't the big bad. See RONAN, Yondu or Nebula in GOTG

NEO0MJ

statue should be fine. never had any damage from buying from them.

Yeah but I'm shipping overseas. Never dealt with statues before. And I'm worried the extra sword might be counted as a weapon and get confiscated/held at customs.

LiK

Yeah but I'm shipping overseas. Never dealt with statues before.

They always ship from UK so everything they ship is from overseas. No issues here. The most damage you may get are some dents with the boxes. They use styrofoam for the inner packaging.

I didn't really expect them to do an R2 so soon. Depending on price I'd be interested but I'm not sure it'll be worth changing out the Sideshow R2 for since I'm perfectly happy with it.

Well Iron Man will be in Home Coming, so for sure they'll release an armor for him.

Hoping we get:

1. Spider-Man
  2. 2nd Spider Man update costume (read that he'll have multiple suits)
  3. Iron Man
  4. Vulture
  5. Shocker

I wonder how much Vulture will be, considering he's got that huge flying rig.

Oh we know... But it's just not Hot Toys? What of you sold that one and got this one????

It's not die cast though.

My priorities must have really changed because I really don't have one bit of impulse for this particular piece. Right now, I want to get as much representation of my favorite Star Wars characters and moments before June. Like I thought having Padme, Luke and Leia's mom, would be an excellent choice with that AotC piece. But once again, half the price of an HT was not acceptable to me.

Lately my my collecting impulses have been satisfied by $2.99 packs of Star Wars Destiny. The new collectible card and dice game. Wife and I have been playing it almost nightly and having a blast. We also preordered the Switch as one last gaming hurrah before the little one arrives so I've been paying that off weekly.

Hot Toys R2 is a nice piece, it will make people happy for sure. But for this dad in training, is it really worth the time and money to either try and replace the one I have or just have another one? I don't think so.

Top Bottom