• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

wow wtf, who photoshops action figure pics?
There's a huge facebook group, as well as a forum for 1/6 figures. People always photoshop these things to show what the figure would look like if Hot Toys did it. Since the Marvel Legends came out people have been photoshopping the Civil War Mark 46 and concept art of the 46 to show the color scheme since it's the same suit.

attachment.php

attachment.php

- J - D -

I miss the days when (the main) Iron Man suits were just 2-toned color schemes. Then Iron Man 2 happened and they added a ton of silver bits to the red & gold suit and it rolled downhill from there and never recovered. Now we have like 4 separate colors on a suit.

edit: As an aside, Hot Toys makes nice figures though.

Are metal builds in general worth buying to resell? I don't have a clue about GD so I ignore them.

it has all the qualities for collectibility:
-small print
-line is the highest level of engineering for the franchise
-Gundam has a huge following and a historic icon in Japanese culture so there's going to be lifetime followers and always demand for these things

if you're interested, definitely google Metal Build Seven Sword to see what the hoopla is about.

I posted the latest announced Metal Build F91 on here to help GAFers in case there were some interested as soon as they went up. i think Tom Cody and a few others nabbed one, they're gone now... we don't know if it will be a day one sell out but i suspect it will be... but you never know till release day comes. Reason being, the print was low in Japan. this is a quote from retailer Anime Island
Anime-Island (3 months ago) #15806806
SOLD OUT.
Also Bandai changed how they handle the Metal Gundam (due to limited quantities) and only give each dealer 1 case, so you see it you buy it or else it is gone. that's it.
http://myfigurecollection.net/item/490487
Amazon, a large distributor, cancelled mine and several others including another on GAF's pre-order bc they only got one case.

not every suit goes up in price but 98% of Metal build's historically double in price over time looking at current listings. but i wouldn't bother unless you can nab one during pre-order stage, if it's a huge hit, it will be sold out and instantly increase a 100 bucks over day one at launch. if it doesn't sell out, it'll take about 2-3 years to double in price. rarely do they get reprints the one's that do will be 3-5 years later. some never get a reprint. i posted a link on here to a sale of the latest MB that got a reprint, MB Exia. it's going for 155 shipped but before the reprint the normal price was going for 280-300. i ended up buying 2 copies as i missed out the first time around.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Neca is reissuing a bunch of the 1/10 Predator line, including all of their Dutch figures.
Which is great because there are preorders for the one I want (the mud-covered showdown version) for less than half what I almost paid a few days ago.

Also, that bottom goblin looks like the ones from FFXI.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Should I buy some...SH MonsterArts?

I don't own any, but I've always been tempted by Gamera. The Godzilla ones are rather hit and miss depending on what you buy, but for the most part they're pretty decent. Get whatever you want!

- J - D -

Get whatever you want!

That's kinda been my problem the last week or so. T_T

These just arrived recently. Got a Hulk for myself after getting my nephew his gift and then it spiraled out of control from there.
dlqGIIm.jpg

76AV3w8.gif

Seriously, do it. I have Godzilla GMK and Gamera. King Ghidorah is on the way. They're expensive, but amazing figures.

The 2016 Godzilla (Shin Godzilla) is one of my favorite figures ever. It's the only one I own, but I would definitely like to get more.

Definitely expensive! Shin Godzilla is actually what made me look into these Monsterarts figures, but I saw that it's like over $200?

Why is everything I really want an Exclusive of some kind.

Ordered the Mezco One:12 Green Arrow because I'm paranoid of a value shoot up like their original Batman release that I paid double for. Being good is so hard.

That's kinda been my problem the last week or so. T_T

These just arrived recently. Got a Hulk for myself after getting my nephew his gift and then it spiraled out of control from there.
dlqGIIm.jpg

Definitely expensive! Shin Godzilla is actually what made me look into these Monsterarts figures, but I saw that it's like over $200?

Aha...hahaha. This always happens. Good luck getting out! Don't forget there is a War Machine also available.

Tom_Cody

IIRC it was like $140 when I got it new and it was definitely worth the price. It's super substantial, really heavy. I love the thing.

uhSKNZk.jpg

- J - D -

Aha...hahaha. This always happens. Good luck getting out! Don't forget there is a War Machine also available.

And a Black Panther.

Actually, it's not either of those I'm looking most forward to of the Figuarts Marvel line. It's actually Hawkeye, since it appears that there's no real decent version of him in the 6" scale.

Marvel Legends Black Panther and War Machine will just have to do, but apparently both of those actually turned out really well and cost easily $60 less than the Figuarts versions, and I don't have to feel like I was taken advantage of by Bandai's Web Exclusive rigamarole. Well...maybe I'll get their War Machine if it turns out well. I'm weak.

I climb out the hole and somebody else jumps right in. LOL.

There's plenty of room down here :D

IIRC it was like $140 when I got it new and it was definitely worth the price. It's super substantial, really heavy. I love the thing.

uhSKNZk.jpg

yvQahEv.gif

Also need the MonsterArts Peter Jackson King Kong.

1upsuper

Damn, I really need that Shin Godzilla. That's one of my favorite Goji designs now
even though I still haven't seen the movie :(

- J - D -

I do too, but the secondary market prices for him are a bit rich for me. I hope the new Kong movie will bring a new MonsterArts Kong.

Yeah it's way too much now. And yeah there will most likely be a MonsterArts Kong from the new movie but I prefer Jackson Kong's design. Crossing my fingers for a re-release.

Glad I didn't get the STORM Street Fighter Ryu. Saw AnthonyCustoms' review and I was not impressed. Promo shots looked very detailed, nice paint, a good face. But the in-hand review simply doesn't look that good. Money saved! Hurrah!

Hope SH Figuarts can deliver, but now I'm kinda thinking Figma may have been the better option after messing around with a couple of Figma stuff.

- J - D -

Glad I didn't get the STORM Street Fighter Ryu. Saw AnthonyCustoms' review and I was not impressed. Promo shots looked very detailed, nice paint, a good face. But the in-hand review simply doesn't look that good. Money saved! Hurrah!

Hope SH Figuarts can deliver, but now I'm kinda thinking Figma may have been the better option after messing around with a couple of Figma stuff.

I dislike that Storm Ryu is like 7" tall but is still advertised as a 1/12 figure.

oh thanks, i was wondering about storm's version after posting some pics a while back, good to know.

finally finished a gunpla after starting a year ago. unto some toy hunting

just throught i would metion for anyone ordering thro Popcultcha.com they currently have a promo(20MEOW) on there site for $20AUD off $100AUD lasts till the 19th(18th in the US ?)

Top Bottom