• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

16729301_10154204375217344_3639837836056176689_n.jpg

Glad I got it on this, missed out on the BvS Batman. Must of really been limited to 3000pcs cause it sold out on Sideshow in 3 hours

Yep, second hand prices are getting crazy for ole Bats and the figure has been well praised,and a lot of people dont care for the design of the new suits moving forward.

What do those figures usually run and once sold out what do the resale usually go for?

Metal Build Gundams if they get hot, for example go for:
Seven Sword at launch retailed for $135 @ hlj
now goes for: $700+ on ebay
their shittiest color was on sale on amazon for 180 for a long time and finally went out of print: now it's getting close to 270-300. They're similar to hot toys in terms of availability. (the hot one sell out within hours)

if you can get your hands on the latest Metal Build, F91, coming out in March, try doing a google search and see if any retailers still have him for pre-order,
i can almost guarantee he will go up minimal 100 bucks day one (it's most likely going OOP @ launch minus scalpers) and will double by the end of the year.

Macross comes in two flavors:
Bandai Dx Chogokin:
are about 130-180 retail and usually get to 250-350 within 3-6 months. the problem is getting hands on one is nearly impossible... pre-orders literally last 10 secs during pre-order windows.

Arcadia (formally Yamato):
are easier to pre-order than Bandai Chogokin bc they're more expensive 200-350 and print more so usually avail at launch even if you didn't pre-order. they don't go up in price until they go OOP... but once they do, they skyrocket to 400-700.
take a look at ebay listings for an example: (don't buy them at these scapler prices)
Macross Yamato/Arcadia

best bet is to try your luck during pre-orders for Macross Bandai Chogokin and hope you can get in that 10 second window.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Marvel Legends Black Panther and War Machine will just have to do, but apparently both of those actually turned out really well and cost easily $60 less than the Figuarts versions, and I don't have to feel like I was taken advantage of by Bandai's Web Exclusive rigamarole. Well...maybe I'll get their War Machine if it turns out well. I'm weak.

I have them both. They're great, especially War Machine. (the Target-exclusive Civil War one, not the Hulkbuster wave one)

Metal Build Gundams if they get hot, for example go for:
Seven Sword at launch retailed for $135 @ hlj
now goes for: $700+ on ebay
their shittiest color was on sale on amazon for 180 for a long time and finally went out of print: now it's getting close to 270-300. They're similar to hot toys in terms of availability. (the hot one sell out within hours)

if you can get your hands on the latest Metal Build, F91, coming out in March, try doing a google search and see if any retailers still have him for pre-order,
i can almost guarantee he will go up minimal 100 bucks day one (it's most likely going OOP @ launch minus scalpers) and will double by the end of the year.

Macross comes in two flavors:
Bandai Dx Chogokin:
are about 130-180 retail and usually get to 250-350 within 3-6 months. the problem is getting hands on one is nearly impossible... pre-orders literally last 10 secs during pre-order windows.

Arcadia (formally Yamato):
are easier to pre-order than Bandai Chogokin bc they're more expensive 200-350 and print more so usually avail at launch even if you didn't pre-order. they don't go up in price until they go OOP... but once they do, they skyrocket to 400-700.
take a look at ebay listings for an example: (don't buy them at these scapler prices)
Macross Yamato/Arcadia

best bet is to try your luck during pre-orders for Macross Bandai Chogokin and hope you can get in that 10 second window.

Thanks for the breakdown,searched around a little bit there are some really neat designs on some of those figures. As a total noob to all of this Im assuming there is a show/cartoon these are based from??

Thanks for the breakdown,searched around a little bit there are some really neat designs on some of those figures. As a total noob to all of this Im assuming there is a show/cartoon these are based from??
sure! here you go =)

Gundam:
good timing! Gundam.info just allowed US viewers to legally stream Gundam Thunderbolt w/ english subs for free for a limited time:
Episode 1

Macross: (there's so many series so i'll only pick a few scenes)
HD quality dogfights/scenes from various Macross series:
Macross Zero opening dogfight (just till 6:20, taken from a full episode w/ no subs)
Macross Zero VF-0S transformation
Macross Plus dogfight

the original: "Macross: Do You Remember Love" movie(my favorite) from 1984
opening
dogfight

Macross anime, toys or any merchandise are not legally allowed in the US due to major legal battle that will never end anytime soon. (you'll be able to find english fansubs)
the original series was broadcasted in the U.S. as
Robotech: the Macross Saga

- J - D -

I have them both. They're great, especially War Machine. (the Target-exclusive Civil War one, not the Hulkbuster wave one)

Cool. I ordered War Machine. I was hesitant at first because he comes packed with this shitty other "Disco" orange/blue Iron Man thing that I totally don't want, but this 2-pack was only slightly more expensive than the cost of a new single Marvel Legends figure so I thought why not.

Also got ML Black Panther. My Avengers line up is expanding fast, but I haven't actually had any time to open any of them yet. XD

Yep, second hand prices are getting crazy for ole Bats and the figure has been well praised,and a lot of people dont care for the design of the new suits moving forward.

I dunno the new Justice League batsuit looks okay to me. I wouldn't mind a figure of that.

WolfStark

It's finally happening

Nendoroid Tracer:

f0e950bc90bc2253e031d9396dacb3a9.jpg

c9a1b427f3464bdb8c66283b2846a577.jpg

http://www.goodsmile.info/en/product/6214/Nendoroid+Tracer+Classic+Skin+Edition.html

- Laughing Face, Smiling Face, Puffing Face
- Pulse Pistols
- Open Hands
- Pulse Bomb
- Blink Effect
- Interchangeable bent legs
- Movable hair piece

Really didn't thought that there would be coming any meaningful Overwatch merchandise, especially figures. I was so eager to get my hands on a figure as they put up those gigantic action figures in Paris and two other cities but nothing happened, apart form FunkoPOPs. Didn't thought that they would start with Nendoroids but it's a great choice and I hope the series will feature lots (if not all) of the characters and that GSC will also release Overwatch Figmas.

^ I am not much into Nendoroid but pre-ordered anyways, biggest news is GSC got Overwatch rights and this could mean Overwatch Figmas are now a very possible reality.

It's finally happening

Nendoroid Tracer:

f0e950bc90bc2253e031d9396dacb3a9.jpg

c9a1b427f3464bdb8c66283b2846a577.jpg

http://www.goodsmile.info/en/product/6214/Nendoroid+Tracer+Classic+Skin+Edition.html

- Laughing Face, Smiling Face, Puffing Face
- Pulse Pistols
- Open Hands
- Pulse Bomb
- Blink Effect
- Interchangeable bent legs
- Movable hair piece

Really didn't thought that there would be coming any meaningful Overwatch merchandise, especially figures. I was so eager to get my hands on a figure as they put up those gigantic action figures in Paris and two other cities but nothing happened, apart form FunkoPOPs. Didn't thought that they would start with Nendoroids but it's a great choice and I hope the series will feature lots (if not all) of the characters and that GSC will also release Overwatch Figmas.

very neat lookin

kunonabi

Glad I didn't get the STORM Street Fighter Ryu. Saw AnthonyCustoms' review and I was not impressed. Promo shots looked very detailed, nice paint, a good face. But the in-hand review simply doesn't look that good. Money saved! Hurrah!

Hope SH Figuarts can deliver, but now I'm kinda thinking Figma may have been the better option after messing around with a couple of Figma stuff.

I always ignored Figuarts since I was already buying figma but they've been releasing all kinds of star wars figures that I finally broke down and preordered AOTC Anakin and Padme.

July Web exlcusive SHF WWE UNDERTAKER / KANE
Ns3F6Dr.jpg

eGASrKy.jpg

Macross: Arcadia new reveal teaser
71LLhvHl.jpg

Package art: 2nd and 3rd form May Web Exclusive SHMonsterArts Godzilla (2016)
BRv8Cnl.jpg

FyH2pZi.jpg

- J - D -

I cracked open my first Figuarts figure that uses Tamashii's "face printing" technique -- Black Widow. In hand or in person it looks great, but get up close to it and you see all the little dots and make up the face "paint".

I've never seen something like this before so I was just befuddled for a few moments. BW looks great though, I think it is a good resemblance to Scarlet Johannson, though a bit more idealized or younger than how she actually looks onscreen in AoU.

sure! here you go =)

Gundam:
good timing! Gundam.info just allowed US viewers to legally stream Gundam Thunderbolt w/ english subs for free for a limited time:
Episode 1

Macross: (there's so many series so i'll only pick a few scenes)
HD quality dogfights/scenes from various Macross series:
Macross Zero opening dogfight (just till 6:20, taken from a full episode w/ no subs)
Macross Zero VF-0S transformation
Macross Plus dogfight

the original: "Macross: Do You Remember Love" movie(my favorite) from 1984
opening
dogfight

Macross anime, toys or any merchandise are not legally allowed in the US due to major legal battle that will never end anytime soon. (you'll be able to find english fansubs)
the original series was broadcasted in the U.S. as
Robotech: the Macross Saga

Awesome thanks ill have to check those vids out. Hopefully this isnt the start of a new figure addiction!

Liquid_015

Gold Member
Hi guys!

Just ordered from Mandarake, and it is listed as a "spot item" from it's "Shara" warehouse. It's been a few days since I placed the order, and I haven't received a payment link yet. Anyone have experience with "spot item" purchases from Mandarake?

Awesome thanks ill have to check those vids out. Hopefully this isnt the start of a new figure addiction!
yeah, i think LiK's spare Hot Toy's are getting me to look into them, definitely hard to keep up with the many iron man armor releases. i don't know how you guys control yourselves =)

The Sideshow Exclusive variant for this Sixth Scale Figure includes a cane (used by Matt Murdock as part of his lawyer persona) that can be modified to become part of his arsenal of combative tools.

Roders5

Iwata een bom zal droppen
I ordered some 1/6th Death Star dioramas from a great guy on the sideshow freaks forum and having partially put one together I think it looks amazing. Hopefully I'll get time this weekend to complete both sets.

IMG_0588.png

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Depending on prices I would be interested in the Eva-01 because apparently the world is conspiring against me when it comes to a budget.

Haloid pls I sent you preowned AmiAmi links like two times in the last few months

slackin'

Top Bottom