• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

How would that even work? This isn't like with DVD cases where the art is printed on paper and then inserted inside a slip cover.

Yeah, it's certainly not cheap. Still, that's what the Legacy version is for. You just have to wait it to come back in stock.

Front side/back side, two sleeves. I'm sure there'd have been nicer ways than my suggestion.

Yazuka

Yeah, it's certainly not cheap. Still, that's what the Legacy version is for. You just have to wait it to come back in stock.
Yeah, I hope I can get the Legacy version.
Do you have any recommendations on what does to keep an eye on? Or do you know when it will be back in stock??

NEO0MJ

Yeah, I hope I can get the Legacy version.
Do you have any recommendations on what does to keep an eye on? Or do you know when it will be back in stock??

Unfortunately I have no idea when it will come back in stock. The Dragonzord took a long time to come back in stock after it sold out, but I feel the Megazord was reissued more often as until sometime late last year you could still buy it for MSRP.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Wow, that shitty 40th anniversary R2 is $42 on Amazon right now. I paid less for the Figuarts.
And X-Wing Luke has gone way up in price everywhere even though they released a bunch at Celebration and on the Hasbro site.

NECA 1/4 scale Wonder Woman: http://news.toyark.com/2017/05/05/wonder-woman-14-scale-figure-neca-252095
NECA-Wonder-Woman-Figure-004.jpg
NECA-Wonder-Woman-Figure-002.jpg

- J - D -

Revoltech Venom was released last week and I'm seeing in all reviews that the mid-torso joint is prone to some floppiness. Anyone have theirs yet?

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Revoltech Venom was released last week and I'm seeing in all reviews that the mid-torso joint is prone to some floppiness. Anyone have theirs yet?

It's flop central. Amazing looking figure and box as always but it's way too top heavy for a single Revoltech joint in the chest. The stand is completely useless for a figure as heavy as Venom, and the top of the head becomes loose when you first take it off to replace it with the other larger-eyed expression. I do really like that each finger is articulated though (even the thumbs). I was going to take some better pictures, but I kinda gave up until I can figure out a way to tighten it up a bit.

tl;dr looks great, posing is great, torso connection is a disaster, but it's Venom and Venom is awesome

It's been a while since my last Ami haul, so here's a bunch of cool preowned I've always wanted that I tossed into my April order:

I was also able to sneak in a 52TOYS Beast Box DIO before they went out of stock again. I love the concept behind these little transforming cube dinos, and there's some other really cool dinos coming soon.

TheFlow

Banned
That's just for marketing. In Japan it will be marketed as the Zyuranger Daizyuzin while in the rest of the world it will be marketed as the MMPR Megazord. Each version even has its own box art.

EgKJm0h.jpg

I have this ordered. but I might cancel it. It looks beautiful based off videos, but I am not sure if I have room.

- J - D -

It's flop central. Amazing looking figure and box as always but it's way too top heavy for a single Revoltech joint in the chest. The stand is completely useless for a figure as heavy as Venom, and the top of the head becomes loose when you first take it off to replace it with the other larger-eyed expression. I do really like that each finger is articulated though (even the thumbs). I was going to take some better pictures, but I kinda gave up until I can figure out a way to tighten it up a bit.

tl;dr looks great, posing is great, torso connection is a disaster, but it's Venom and Venom is awesome

It's been a while since my last Ami haul, so here's a bunch of cool preowned I've always wanted that I tossed into my April order:

I was also able to sneak in a 52TOYS Beast Box DIO before they went out of stock again. I love the concept behind these little transforming cube dinos, and there's some other really cool dinos coming soon.

Aw that's a shame. But at least it looks awesome! :) Is it a problem that can be remedied by hitting the joint hole with a drop of nail polish or adhesive and working the joint around until it forms a firmer grip?

Nice haul of stuff! That Beast Box DIO looks pretty interesting. Never heard of them before.

Watching a review for the Marvel Legends Nebula and Gamora movie figures. They look amazing. I'm not a movie figure collector, but those are so well done. I wish all Marvel Legends could be that great.

I'm gonna me moving soon and lord trying to decide what to take and what to leave/back up collection wise is gonna be awful.

Also I think HT Yoda charges tomorrow? About fucking time.

If one were to sell their SHF Star Wars stuff currently (as a set, not complete but a good selection nonetheless, RoJ Luke, Maul, Biker, Black Trooper and others), would anyone here be interested? Curious...

I may be interested in the biker and shadow trooper (tax return coming!)

I can't imagine someone isn't interested in Maul and Jedi Luke. Great figs and hard to find now.

Messi

Maybe Mantis can get something but forget about Nebula. How many villains ever got the HT treatment? I think only the armored Iron Man villains and Thanos.

Loki

She has been in two films now. They have made stupider figures. But honestly I think we have seen all we are getting for Guardians.

KingV

Mezco One:12 Knightmare Batman is up for preorder on their site today. Looks pretty cool... they finally added pockets to something.

Mez exclusive so no bbts or anywhere else to preorder.

- J - D -

Probably the only one in here collecting these but...

BigBoyToys next SF figure, Zangief, is releasing in June...

I've been intrigued by these for a while, but honestly I only want them for the diorama base/background. If they were large enough to use with Storm or Figuarts I'd probably be all over them.

Mezco One:12 Knightmare Batman is up for preorder on their site today. Looks pretty cool... they finally added pockets to something.

Mez exclusive so no bbts or anywhere else to preorder.

I'm really glad they decided to bring him back from cancellation.

In for the yelling head sculpt.
3501.Jpg

NEO0MJ

You ever see that one figure which would almost sit at your shelf if it wasn't for one flaw? Right now one of them is First Gokin Not-Shredder. It looks very good and the quality seems
high but I can't get over the fact that he's still fleshy. Wish they went with something closer to TMNT 2K3's Shredder which was fully covered.

17-45.png

You ever see that one figure which would almost sit at your shelf if it wasn't for one flaw? Right now one of them is First Gokin Not-Shredder. It looks very good and the quality seems
high but I can't get over the fact that he's still fleshy. Wish they went with something closer to TMNT 2K3's Shredder which was fully covered.

Just wait for the Figuarts version.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

The Figuarts one is based on the first cartoon series. That one had bare arms, just like the original comic books.
That's what I would want but I'm guessing that he's mid-20s.

Impressions are:

+
Sculpt is very appealing from the overall body to the teeth and tongue.
Paint is also good, but I wouldn't say I have keen eye for paint but I like it, right.
He's beefy, true to the Eddie Brock style.

-
His weight. It's top heavy so has some wobble to his mid-section. The included stand is pathetic, and in fact, I ended up breaking a different stand trying to peg him onto it.
He is fairly cumbersome to pose standing and a nightmare with the included stand, as mentioned above. Definitely get two stands and try the aerial poses with those...if they're even enough.
Venom comes with two different crown pieces which make up the eyes. It's personally well freaky when you swap them, but that isn't a negative. The negative is the ease at which this crown piece comes off. You'll need dry fingers otherwise it comes off, at least on mine is was ultra sensitive. Leave it alone and it stays put.
Not all fingers are articulated, weirdly. Minor niggle but just seemed like an odd decision.
Get a new stand. Seriously.

Overall I am disappointed somewhat, after coming away really lovin' Spider-Man. If you want to just prop him on your shelf, he'll look great. But any real posing might be a chore.

By the way, this was about the only pose I managed to get him in that wasn't having him fall all over the place (other than stand upright, surprisingly!) and even here I had to cheat and have his right it lean on his its right hand!

NEO0MJ

Not a fan of sticking too close to the original design.

The Figuarts one is based on the first cartoon series. That one had bare arms, just like the original comic books.
That's what I would want but I'm guessing that he's mid-20s.

Late twenties, actually. And I watched the original a lot as a kid. Man I'm feeling old...

And for me it's mostly just that I don't like breaking my current mecha-only collection. At least if he was fully armored he wouldn't stand out as much.

Top Bottom