• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
NEO just wants Shredder to be a robot so he can buy his robot figures of robot not-fleshy robot robots

TIL that Shredder was turned into a Bayformer in one of the recent movies.

Got

Banned
You ever see that one figure which would almost sit at your shelf if it wasn't for one flaw? Right now one of them is First Gokin Not-Shredder. It looks very good and the quality seems
high but I can't get over the fact that he's still fleshy. Wish they went with something closer to TMNT 2K3's Shredder which was fully covered.

17-45.png

superb. which turtles is he he supposed to compliment?

NEO0MJ

NEO just wants Shredder to be a robot so he can buy his robot figures of robot not-fleshy robot robots

You really get me, Diggeh.

TIL that Shredder was turned into a Bayformer in one of the recent movies.

That was taken to the extreme. I couldn't help but laugh at the trailer where every time he shrugged more spikes popped out 🤣

superb. which turtles is he he supposed to compliment?

This is part of a new (non official) line by First Gokin where they reimagine TMNT characters. Right now only Krang is available with Shredder coming by the end of this month.

d0871386883d5fdf422d2bb4c538215f.jpg

Got my figuarts chewbacca in. Was worried he was too short, but in hand it's not an issue at all. Looks amazing in person. I guess my only complaint is that they should have just made a separate head instead of that plug-in face

KingV

More Mezco One:12 up for preorder on BBTS:
Symbiotic Spider-Man
X-force Wolverine
X-force deadpool

Deadpool seems to be the best deal. If you like the grey, I think he comes with more accessories than the regular version at the same price. Two uzis + sword + assault rifle + bazooka + grenade launcher.

Most of the weapons are repaints of PX Punisher weapons.

Got

Banned
You really get me, Diggeh.

That was taken to the extreme. I couldn't help but laugh at the trailer where every time he shrugged more spikes popped out 🤣

This is part of a new (non official) line by First Gokin where they reimagine TMNT characters. Right now only Krang is available with Shredder coming by the end of this month.

d0871386883d5fdf422d2bb4c538215f.jpg

Yeah, I was aware of First Gokin and their Krang and Shredder. My question was asking which official Turtle figures he pairs best with.

Finally got my Ryu and Chun-Li! Initial impressions of Ryu are positive, for sure. Gonna get some pics of this over the next few days. Really excited!

LiK

Yeah, I was aware of First Gokin and their Krang and Shredder. My question was asking which official Turtle figures he pairs best with.

I have the SHF Turtles and they fit really good with them. Gonna do a display once Shredder arrives. Krang and Shredder from First Goken fit the animated 90's style more to me.

Gratz. How you get Yoda so quick. Sideshow? They said it would be shipped on the 16th for me. Maybe doing it in waves.

FUCK. Your Luke is coming man I swear. Boxing it up tonight so I don't forget again jeez I'm an ass.

Yeah I think they're doing it in waves cause he charged yesterday for me. Will display well with Sideshow R2 and HT Bespin Luke for sure.

FUCK. Your Luke is coming man I swear. Boxing it up tonight so I don't forget again jeez I'm an ass.

Yeah I think they're doing it in waves cause he charged yesterday for me. Will display well with Sideshow R2 and HT Bespin Luke for sure.

Thanks man. Yeah, I'm pretty excited for the little guy. Might have to finally separate R2 from 3po.

Got

Banned
I have the SHF Turtles and they fit really good with them. Gonna do a display once Shredder arrives. Krang and Shredder from First Goken fit the animated 90's style more to me.

cool, I'd like to see them once you do that.

NEO0MJ

Yeah, I noticed later. But for me it's kinda hard to answer as aside from not collecting turtles, I feel those two veer too far from the series they're inspired by, even if the base design is the same. It'd be like putting Masterpiece Optimus next to classic G1 toys.

1upsuper

Did anyone ever get the Saitama (OPM) figma? Is it awesome? I somehow completely forgot about that release until now. I wanna pick it up.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Got my figuarts chewbacca in. Was worried he was too short, but in hand it's not an issue at all. Looks amazing in person. I guess my only complaint is that they should have just made a separate head instead of that plug-in face

He's definitely too short by a significant amount. But the Hot Toys one was undersized by exactly the same amount so that makes it easier to live with.

Did anyone ever get the Saitama (OPM) figma? Is it awesome? I somehow completely forgot about that release until now. I wanna pick it up.

Honestly, it is super basic. If you can get it cheap/are a big OPM fan then go for it, but otherwise there are superior figures out there.

SuperSah

Banned
Got my first ever Nendoroid being Meta Knight.

He looks exactly as he should, my Brawl main come to life!

I feel I hav opened Pandora's Box by getting involved in Nendos D:

Also Figma Zelda and Link are due soon. Hopefully they won't be delayed.

Got my first ever Nendoroid being Meta Knight.

He looks exactly as he should, my Brawl main come to life!

I feel I hav opened Pandora's Box by getting involved in Nendos D:

Also Figma Zelda and Link are due soon. Hopefully they won't be delayed.
Congrats, you have taken your first step into a larger world, I am also waiting for that TP Figma Link, it's going to be quite a figure.

He's definitely too short by a significant amount. But the Hot Toys one was undersized by exactly the same amount so that makes it easier to live with.

Ah, maybe that's part of it. Been looking at those 2 for too long and it just looks right. Still, it's not bad and looks way better than the BS

cr0w

Old Member
Finally caved up a Marvel Legends Angela after fighting the urge over the past few months. I grew up with Spawn figures and with the Rebirth figure hitting last year it only felt right to get Angela to go alongside him.

Having not picked up a Legends figure in years, this is probably the best female figure I've ever seen from the line. Really impressive.

Now I've got the urge to track down the Rogue that released a few waves back.

NEO0MJ

Wheren't people just going nuts over be able to order that?

Prerelease hype? Like David said these things can skyrocket in price so maybe that pushed people who would not have wanted it to buy one in hopes of making a quick buck.

Of course, the stock could be sold out by tomorrow. BBTS aren't usually the go to place for these stuff as they're more expensive there so maybe it's taking time for that fact to kick in.

BBTS now have MB F-91 in stock. Guess it's not as demanded as the others.

Yeah I canceled mine too much other shit plus I'm looking at apartments.

Wheren't people just going nuts over be able to order that?

Prerelease hype? Like David said these things can skyrocket in price so maybe that pushed people who would not have wanted it to buy one in hopes of making a quick buck.

Of course, the stock could be sold out by tomorrow. BBTS aren't usually the go to place for these stuff as they're more expensive there so maybe it's taking time for that fact to kick in.

it depends on the print numbers. Metal Builds will always go up in price guaranteed, but how quickly depends on the print numbers.

i posted a link here back on page 276 to active auctions in Japan. keep track of those to gauge demand. if the prices don't move up much, it's an indicator that they printed enough to meet demand as people will be able to find it at retail and the price will not move much. once stock dries is when numbers start to creep up.

hmm... it's tricky to predict. we won't know until release day which is in a few days, 3/31. it's really extreme. if it's not in demand (edit: ample print, these are in demand but the print number is the issue), you should still see it avail at retailers pretty easy. if it's sold out on launch day the price will shoot up 100 bucks within an hour. hlj sometimes opens up cancelled pre-orders orders right before release so keep an eye out there.

EDIT: sometimes looking at auctions in Japan can give a hint of what the demand is:
F91 listings in japan:
http://auctions.search.yahoo.co.jp/...Metal+Build+f+91&fixed=0&sc_i=auc_sug&fixed=0

SuperSah

Banned
Pics? I'm interested in that figure.

I haven't gotten around to opening mine yet but here's some pictures from Twitter:

Turned out great, I think!

Congrats, you have taken your first step into a larger world, I am also waiting for that TP Figma Link, it's going to be quite a figure.

Yeah, there's now hundreds of additional figure types open to me now. :)

I do hope GSC announce the date for Link/Zelda soon. Please don't delay!

TAJ

I found an Ultimate Jungle Hunter. (Neca 1/10 original Predator)
It's beautiful but the head and hips have much less range of movement than on the City Hunter.

I also saw what looked like an Ultimate Alien Warrior but it ended up being a video game repaint.
disappointed.gif

I almost bought a Gremlin figure today but realized buying miscellaneous figures is a path to the dark side.

It looks good but I've hesitated to buy it because it looks like it might be almost a statue.

Thanks to this thread I preordered MP Soundwave and the tapes reissues from Anime Export.

Anyone know how long both methods usually take to the US? I'm in Hawaii but I ordered from China once and it went to California first and then back to Hawaii, so I guess Anywhere USA would be as good a frame of reference.

go for the express for 6 bucks more. there's less chance of it getting damaged going express being spent less time with postal service. if you're in the states it takes about 3-4 days. regular is about 3-6 weeks.

According to the tracking, my Soundwave was shipped on 05/01, arrived in the US on 05/02, went through customs on 05/03, and has been sitting in "Retention" since 05/04. I guess I don't really mind because I wouldn't have had time to play with it in the last few days anyway but seems odd for it to just sit somewhere for 6 days.

Top Bottom