• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
  • lmao BBTS is already sold out of that Predator Machiko figure.

• They're not sold out. They're just not selling singles. They're weird.
    I don't think NECA has even taken orders on that wave yet.

What the.... WHERE CAN I HAS IT!?

Its NECA's next wave of Predator figures.
51542-Predator-Series-18-Group.jpg
Toysrus, Gamestop, comic shops and everywhere online.

Hopefully looks good on a shelf with any Dutch and a Predator or two.

NECA has done some great and cool things with the Predator line, I even love the gimmick figures

Yeah. I think it goes without saying. But I'm getting that Predator figure. I should direct depositing a portion of my check to NECA. It would make things easier.

I recognize the white figure is a Marauders Gun Runner, but what are the other figures? I'm just asking, for a friend.
They are all Maruaders Gun Runners, the recent "Valkyrie" kickstarter was all the females and female gear plus new colors and equipment for the previous male sets.

Spidey is a good package but I don't like Spidey enough to get him. Only Marvel figures I have left are Drax for my Guardians shelf, the die cast Mark VI for my War Machine, and maybe Punisher.

LiK

Spidey looks good and looks like it also comes with alt maskless head. I'm wondering if I should cancel the dopey shitty costume version. Guess I'll see if it sells out or not.

edit: BBTS is sold out so I'll keep it for now.

LiK

Tom Holland and RDJ have a lot chemistry from trailers and Keaton is the bad guy. Hopefully it's good. I didn't watch any of the trailers after the first one cuz I read they spoil the whole movie.

LiK

I just checked the price on this thing and what the fuck even is happening it's some random EU character from a shit comic. I don't understand.

Darth Talon is waifu material. Doesn't matter if she's a good character or not. I sold the Gentle Giant minibust of her for like triple retail price last year.

WolfStark

Darth Talon is waifu material. Doesn't matter if she's a good character or not. I sold the Gentle Giant minibust of her for like triple retail price last year.

Not to mention that badass females are still rather rare and the comic she's part of is one of the best Star Wars comic series. I would rather have her statue then Vader in my home to be honest, at least she's not done to death.

Not to mention that badass females are still rather rare and the comic she's part of is one of the best Star Wars comic series. I would rather have her statue then Vader in my home to be honest, at least she's not done to death.

But her character wasn't even badass is my point. Legacy wasn't a great comic but people were drawn to the character because barely clothed Twilek Sith not for some great character study (though I do love EU characters so I'm mixed here).

Mezco Punisher showed up at work. Didn't realize it came in a cool metal package. Waiting to crack this thing open is gonna be unbearable.

But her character wasn't even badass is my point. Legacy wasn't a great comic but people were drawn to the character because barely clothed Twilek Sith not for some great character study (though I do love EU characters so I'm mixed here).

Mezco Punisher showed up at work. Didn't realize it came in a cool metal package. Waiting to crack this thing open is gonna be unbearable.

That figure has all the weapons.

Tom Holland and RDJ have a lot chemistry from trailers and Keaton is the bad guy. Hopefully it's good. I didn't watch any of the trailers after the first one cuz I read they spoil the whole movie.

Is this the one ZENDAYA is in? Also WTF IS A ZENDAYA!?

- J - D -

Pretty sure it will be standard comic book movie schlock.

Spider-Man Homecoming is the type of movie where you go in already knowing that it won't suck. It might be genre standard fare (like Ant Man or Dr. Strange), but at least you can be confident in your pre-order of whatever figure from the movie.

Something like Alien Covenant on the other hand...after seeing that I canceled whatever pre-order on figures and won't be buying anything from it.

Rootbeer

Banned
Tracer figma will be popular. Not for me though.

Justice League figures... batman and supes look pretty bleh as usual. Wonder Woman isn't terrible, much improved from some of their earlier WW figs. Cyborg and Flash look pretty decent. Aquaman, not bad either, better than the BvS version they did.

I might have to get that Batmobile to have a 1:12 DCEU Batmobile since Mezco doesn't seem to want to release the one they showed off.

- J - D -

Why do mattel superhero figures always look so terrible compared to Marvel Legends. I mean, seriously, look at what Hasbro has been doing with the Guardians of the Galaxy 2 Marvel Legends wave and compare that to JL up there.

edit: Oddly, the one character whose design I dislike most gets the best looking figure. Congrats, Flash, you finally get one win.

Top Bottom