• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Thank you! These prices are insane! Wish there was a list of these darn random price drops.

No problem I'm hoping more go on sale!

I'd say they miss most of the time.

I personally find their stuff very tacky. An adolescent, ugly badass-ening, making things pointy and such.

There are some that look really badass such as the Darkseid, Some of the Batman figures and Metal gear figures.
My favorite is Sam Gideon. Maybe I'm just bias because that game is so awesome lol

The SDCC exclusive for this year is a Dr. Strange theme.
This box set will be priced at $105
http://marvelousnews.com/news.php?catid=252&itemid=18986

Dr_Strange_01__scaled_600.jpg

Dr_Strange_02__scaled_600.jpg

Dr_Strange_03__scaled_600.jpg

Dr_Strange_04__scaled_600.jpg

Dr_Strange_05__scaled_600.jpg

Dr_Strange_06__scaled_600.jpg

Dr_Strange_00__scaled_600.jpg

Dr_Strange_08__scaled_600.jpg

Was looking to get some DBZ figures since I started to collect One Piece Portrait of Pirate figures, and apparently S.H. Figures are the best? Why are the S.H. figuarts the best for DBZ when the joints and seams are so apparent in the figure. I preordered the Megahouse Frieza and the DBZ figure collecting community said to preorder the S.H. Figuarts gold Frieza instead of the Megahouse gold Frieza.

EDIT: Holy shit at the S.H. Figuarts Frieza o.o it's lowest price is like $200, but the Megahouse one looks better to me in my opinion so I don't know why. Any DBZ collectors explain please xD.

Are the Megahouse figures even articulated? From the pics they look like statues and way more limited than the Figuart equivalents.

Are the Megahouse figures even articulated? From the pics they look like statues and way more limited than the Figuart equivalents.

They're not articulated, but they do come with accessories. I'm guessing the articulation is where all the buzz is for S.H. Figuarts? The Megahouse Vegeta looks like shit and the Goku was disappointing so I'm trying to look around for a good Goku, but I was told on reddit that Figuarts gets expensive if you don't preorder.

Snaku

Banned
They're not articulated, but they do come with accessories. I'm guessing the articulation is where all the buzz is for S.H. Figuarts? The Megahouse Vegeta looks like shit and the Goku was disappointing so I'm trying to look around for a good Goku, but I was told on reddit that Figuarts gets expensive if you don't preorder.

If you don't mind the lack of articulation then go with the Banpresto Master Stars Piece line. They look amazing and generally cost much less than the Figuarts and Megahouse offerings. They've only released Saiyans thus far but Freeza is scheduled for December.

pic_p01-ten2.jpg

CIN1422696275.jpeg

Left to right: Figuarts Zero, Megahouse, Master Stars Piece.

yami4ct

Depends on the FA you're talking about. DBZ ones are webstore exclusives in Japan and can get very expensive even though they're regular retail in the US. Some of them get reissues, so it's a safe assumption the most popular DBZ figuarts will probably be of decent price, but I'd definitely pre-order.

Regular release Kamen Riders that aren't stupid popular like the Gaim ones, as well as most other non-Marvel Figuarts tend to stay decently price. The Marvel ones are sort of a different beast, since no one is currently licensed to distribute them in the US and you have to order from an import shop.

If you don't mind the lack of articulation then go with the Banpresto Master Stars Piece line. They look amazing and generally cost much less than the Figuarts and Megahouse offerings. They've only released Saiyans thus far but Freeza is scheduled for December.

pic_p01-ten2.jpg

CIN1422696275.jpeg

Left to right: Figuarts Zero, Megahouse, Master Stars Piece.

Thanks for the info :). I also saw that this figure was re released: http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-005697

I have two awesome Gokus on order now xD.

Edit: Kishi has that Goku Master Stars on his desk as he draws Naruto!: http://www.saiyanisland.com/2014/11/the-studio-of-a-legend-workspace-of-narutos-masashi-kishimoto/

Depends on the FA you're talking about. DBZ ones are webstore exclusives in Japan and can get very expensive even though they're regular retail in the US. Some of them get reissues, so it's a safe assumption the most popular DBZ figuarts will probably be of decent price, but I'd definitely pre-order.

Regular release Kamen Riders that aren't stupid popular like the Gaim ones, as well as most other non-Marvel Figuarts tend to stay decently price. The Marvel ones are sort of a different beast, since no one is currently licensed to distribute them in the US and you have to order from an import shop.

Thanks for the info, i preordered the SSJ God Goku and Gold Frieza S.H. Figuarts off of Amazon just to be safe.

Flintty

Compared to Holo's pics this is bad but I'm out of room in my cabinet right now so gotta wait for the new one to get here.

Oh and Secret Base pics.

476760a9bf4652f5fea373d71a3573b6.jpg

f7ef383b6367efd20798effff092ffdd.jpg

I'm utterly in love with this figure but my pre-order list is already painfully large. I fear I will miss out on her. Unless I sell my Stealth MK VII when I get it...

Enron

Banned
Just got my Amazon robo-haul in.

The Tamashii Nations Choryujin has tons of metal. Lots of diecast in the legs and shoulders. Head really detailed. I cant believe this only cost me 9 bucks.

The CM Corp Patlabor AV98 MkII Standard is also a nice surprise. stock photos of this looked kinda eh on various sites, but it has cloth covering its joints, opening cockpit with a little pilot in there (painted and everything!) good detail on the head/neck area, racheting leg joints. Plastic feels like......toy plastic but that's to be expected. This feels like something that was actually meant for someone to PLAY with, as opposed to sit on a shelf and never touch. Good poseability too. Really impressed!

18306942740_20e8b113f8_c.jpg

Looks like First Gokin is making more TMNT figures to go along with their Android Krang.

Seems Shredder may be the perfect scale for the Classic line turtles but too tall for the Classic line Rocksteady and bebop.

http://www.crookedninja.com/2015/06/first-gokin-announce-krang-with-walker-and-shredder/

http://thefwoosh.com/2015/06/first-gokin-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-shredder-and-krang-walker

Welp, goodbye wallet. I really like my Krang figure, so I'll most likely be getting the Shredder. I'll probably pass on the walker though.

Welp, goodbye wallet. I really like my Krang figure, so I'll most likely be getting the Shredder. I'll probably pass on the walker though.

Yeah, not sure why they're putting out a second Krang so soon. Would have preferred something like one of the the rock soldiers Traag and Granitor from these guys instead.

I'm feeling saucy today so I think I'll preorder Hot Toys John Matrix. I don't do much posing so I'm not too worried about the rubber arms

Rootbeer

Banned
I'm just not a fan of Krang's android body. The figure turned out as good as anyone could hope, but still don't care for it as a design. Never liked it in the 80s toon either. It just never made sense to me that out of all the possible bodies he would chose to be in one that looks like an overgrown baby in a diaper. The android bodies in the Nick show make way more sense.

However, the walker body... I could get behind that.

And Shredder... now that has me pretty excited. I might have to get those two.

It just never made sense to me that out of all the possible bodies he would chose to be in one that looks like an overgrown baby in a diaper.

I think that's why I found it appealing, it seemed alive and vulnerable. A strange mix of ridiculous and creepy. And the fact that it sometimes made facial expressions sealed the deal for me.

OMG OMG OMG......

Ended up checking out my local comic book ship, since they sell all types of things; figma's, figurines and all that. BUt one particular thing about this place is they buy toys and have shelves of shit, toys from 70's up to today. They always have tons of Transformers, both american and Japanese as well and someone recently dropped off a Cybertron Optimus Prime.

I always wanted this version of Prime and he's in great shape, just missing some of the missiles and a gun, which I'm already searching Ebay for it.

What is the best shipping option for small, blindbox figures sold through Mandarake? When I added it to my cart and checked the three options (I think it was DHL, SAL small packet and EMS), all three said ¥500 on the place order page. I have never ordered through them, so I don't know if it is an estimate or exact total.

I can't ask this in figure-gaf because it was closed, but if anyone who has ordered from Mandarake could help, that would be great.

Bloodember

What is the best shipping option for small, blindbox figures sold through Mandarake? When I added it to my cart and checked the three options (I think it was DHL, SAL small packet and EMS), all three said ¥500 on the place order page. I have never ordered through them, so I don't know if it is an estimate or exact total.

I can't ask this in figure-gaf because it was closed, but if anyone who has ordered from Mandarake could help, that would be great.

EMS is the best option, in my opinion. It's the only option I choose when importing figures from Japan.

Batman was really nice, in my opinion. Was the only variant I bothered with. Next PAK for me will probably be Cloud when he's discounted. Sneaking Suit Big Boss looks okay untilI see the ugly face and teeny hand proportions.

And bloody hell! Mexican Goku is in the hundreds...or thousands

Surely they'll redo this for SDCC...surely. Madness if not.

Fantomex

Batman was really nice, in my opinion. Was the only variant I bothered with. Next PAK for me will probably be Cloud when he's discounted. Sneaking Suit Big Boss looks okay untilI see the ugly face and teeny hand proportions.

And bloody hell! Mexican Goku is in the hundreds...or thousands

Surely they'll redo this for SDCC...surely. Madness if not.

I super honestly believe they are trolling him. Some of the accounts bidding have no feedback lol

I super honestly believe they are trolling him. Some of the accounts bidding have no feedback lol

Thousands one most def is.

Rumours of SDCC receiving it as their exclusive (according to sideshow forum). Hope it is true and decently available.

Vegeta is also getting a repaint of some kind later in the year, apparently.

Anyone know where i could get a Marvel Select Venom for a good price? I missed out on it and now the prices are getting high. Is Ebay my best bet?

PAK Venom

Not too bad. Haven't been a big fan of PAK stuff recently. I think I prefer it over their Spidey at least. Need to see more pics, we think.

He's got a fantastic head sculpt, but he's got that 'mech pilot' look that a lot of these Variant PAKs seem to have. Doesn't like he's a Symbiote.

NEO0MJ

Looks like First Gokin is making more TMNT figures to go along with their Android Krang.

Seems Shredder may be the perfect scale for the Classic line turtles but too tall for the Classic line Rocksteady and bebop.

Whoa, that sounds interesting, at least the Shredder.

I want to start photographing my toys/figures for my website and I've found that my custom-made (crap) lightbox is not working out thanks to my camera. I wanted to see what everyone else uses for taking pictures of their figures.

I'm not really have issues with the small stuff but when it comes to the large figures and toys, well it's just not working.

$10 for 6" Star Wars Biker Scout & Bike

http://mobile.walmart.com/ip/vod:37...36677944730863987247&affillinktype=10&veh=aff

(please don't buy them all, i'm about to head to target to price match :p)

Jabba is also $10. open in a mobile browser or try looking it up on the mobile walmart app
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Star-Wars-The-Black-Series-Jabba-the-Hutt-Figure/37079583

Otherwise it will show as $30

Damn you guys are lucky. You can't get either of those for less than £25 in the UK.

Top Bottom