• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adventure Time Season 5 |OT| Welcome to the Multiverse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clydefrog

I loved Cinnamon Bun's poster on his door :D

captureukuuu.jpg

Crocodile

Is there some kind of end game with Lemongrab? Like is he going to become the actual threatening antagonist the Ice King never was (and replace the Lich who has been MIA for months)? The dude has become more and more insane with each appearance.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Adventure Time was damn awesome this week. I think Candy Streets is one of my favourite episodes this season- just an old-school Finn/Jake team-up plot.

I think that's maybe been missing too much this season.

CorvoSol

I'd still argue that saying "THE END" as you're being eaten alive by your progenitor/sibling is the most bizarre and morbid part of the episode.

jstripes

Banned
Is there some kind of end game with Lemongrab? Like is he going to become the actual threatening antagonist the Ice King never was (and replace the Lich who has been MIA for months)? The dude has become more and more insane with each appearance.

I hope there's no endgame. Every episode with Lemongrab is golden.

Also, isn't the Lich stranded outside spacetime?

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I'm a big fan of Adventure Time, but somehow didn't watch the end of season 4 or any of season 5. That's changed!

Holy crap at the Finn the Human episode.

Between me and my best friend we always say "I am Big D, Whewwwwwwwww". Him saying "How did I even get here son?" still makes me laugh.

Aww the rainicorn puppies are so cute :O

What is up with Jake Jr.'s eyes lol

The episode with the little mini versions of people was so weird. The music really set the bizareness of that episode too. I was waiting for Finn to mention himself being a god to these people at some point. I can't believe they had Finn so overtly looking like he was jacking off in that episode when he was shaking the little people to communicate with them.

CorvoSol

So I have at last figured out why PB does not accept her suitors, be they Finn or Brocko. It's because she has a lover already. Some might call it a forbidden, or secret love, but it is all too real to her. She spends a lot of time with this person, even nights, and is devoted to making great things for them.

This person who is PB's one true love is of course, Cinnamon Bun.

Think about it. PB once stayed up for DAYS to make him a sammich. She makes frequent trips to his house to wish him sweet dreams. He is ALWAYS around when she's doing science experiments. PB is all about age and since Cinnamon Bun is "basically thirty" she could very well just be into older men. Not SUPER old, like Ice King, but older. When PB was doing that experiment that Tree Trunks and the Pig ruined, who was there to run security? CB. And who did PB actually take an order from in that scene? CB. I propose that all of this is because Cinnamon Bun was the one who successfully delivered the Tarts, winning her heart over and proving Finn could not be trusted with the same level of responsibility.

Princess Bubblegum rejected Brocko and Finn because she is truly, deeply in love with Cinnamon Bun. A love no one, not even Science, can understand or appreciate.

Just watched the James Baxter episode. Just goes to show how random this show can be. I still love the abrupt endings like in "Princess Potlock"

The episode with the little mini versions of people was so weird. The music really set the bizareness of that episode too. I was waiting for Finn to mention himself being a god to these people at some point. I can't believe they had Finn so overtly looking like he was jacking off in that episode when he was shaking the little people to communicate with them.

That episode was great, as they brought AbracaDaniel back. lol

Aldebaran

So I have at last figured out why PB does not accept her suitors, be they Finn or Brocko. It's because she has a lover already. Some might call it a forbidden, or secret love, but it is all too real to her. She spends a lot of time with this person, even nights, and is devoted to making great things for them.

Think about it. PB once stayed up for DAYS to make him a sammich. She makes frequent trips to his house to wish him sweet dreams. He is ALWAYS around when she's doing science experiments. PB is all about age and since Cinnamon Bun is "basically thirty" she could very well just be into older men. Not SUPER old, like Ice King, but older. When PB was doing that experiment that Tree Trunks and the Pig ruined, who was there to run security? CB. And who did PB actually take an order from in that scene? CB. I propose that all of this is because Cinnamon Bun was the one who successfully delivered the Tarts, winning her heart over and proving Finn could not be trusted with the same level of responsibility.

Princess Bubblegum rejected Brocko and Finn because she is truly, deeply in love with Cinnamon Bun. A love no one, not even Science, can understand or appreciate.
You...You might be right.

What was the theme of the graybles? I missed it.

The five stages of grief:

Denial: Cinammon Bun refusing to give up his nightlight

Bargaining: Ice King trying to convince his penguins to let him watch Basic Mortality

Anger: Lemongrab flipping out and consuming his brother

Depression: Mr. Fox's bed depression (the one he earned!) and his sadness upon CB donking his house apart

Acceptance: Jake trying to earn his daughter's approval, also Finn accepting a package in their game

Between this episode and Jake the Dad, Mr. Fox is becoming my favourite character. His voice and mannerisms have me rolling every time.

Clydefrog

holy buttgrabbers!! you're on to something

Kuroyume

Banned
Latest episode was freaking amazing. Classic AT weirdness. Loved their costumes especially how ridiculous PB looked. The main wizards poop staff and the prison were also great.

Tuck

Great episode. PB had some fantastic lines.

But now no more Adventure Time for the rest of summer =(. And no korra either.

At least theres still Futurama.

Great episode. PB had some fantastic lines.

But now no more Adventure Time for the rest of summer =(. And no korra either.

At least theres still Futurama.

theres 3 more episodes in july

Yeah, they're calling these episodes Season 5.2 because they were made after the initial batch of S5 episodes, since they decided to push back the AT movie that was meant to be the season finale.

CorvoSol

How does PB not believe in Magic when she has personally hosted a Wizard Battle and Finn and Jake have been to Wizard School?

This episode seems slightly contrived.

Pulka

I love the wizard episode just because the hilarious Duncan Trussell was the voice of the it-works-by-magic-guy

How does PB not believe in Magic when she has personally hosted a Wizard Battle and Finn and Jake have been to Wizard School?

I don't think it's so much that she doesn't believe in magic, insofar she just prefers science much more. Science has explicit cause and effect, but magic is very vague on the former, either because wizards are extremely secretive (which would fit their nature) or because they don't know themselves (which would be inline with the overall silliness of the world). It was why she kept getting frustrated about the "what's the cold spell made of" question: they kept telling her "magic", which is about as helpful as saying a computer is made of "science".

I have a feeling the episode is a Take That against episodes where you have one skeptic presented by the seemingly supernatural, and they're not allowed to question how or why it's happening. It's just magic, and they have to accept it.

NEO0MJ

I figured this was probably the best place to post this:

bE2E9VI.gif

http://abysswolf.deviantart.com/art/Finn-and-Jake-382050723

I wish we had animated avatars, this is amazing.

I don't think it's so much that she doesn't believe in magic, insofar she just prefers science much more.

I think she was pretty clear on not believing in magic this episode, but this show changes so many things on the fly, very few things should be taken seriously in it.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
pb seems to get more unacceptable with every episode for me.

This is my favourite recent AT moment:

tumblr_mokgcitgS41rcy5pco6_250.gif

Ever since that episode I've been jokingly using the phrase "X's digs be mad sterile" as well. Mr. Fox is starting to rub off on me.

This is my favourite recent AT moment:

tumblr_mokgcitgS41rcy5pco6_250.gif

Ever since that episode I've been jokingly using the phrase "X's digs be mad sterile" as well. Mr. Fox is starting to rub off on me.

"YO, PUT THAT BAG BACK ON!" from his first episode is one of my favorite lines from the entire show, I love his character and the voice artist's delivery.

NEO0MJ

Is the Adventure Time DS/3DS game worth it? Ever since starting this show, I thought how well an AT game could be, like Dark Souls but absolutely schizophrenic

Pretty mediocre IMO, but if you can find it for cheap it might be worth it. Game is pretty short and has some nice lines, shame there were no voice actors to deliver them.

"YO, PUT THAT BAG BACK ON!" from his first episode is one of my favorite lines from the entire show, I love his character and the voice artist's delivery.

Yeah, the delivery really makes the charcter. It reminds me of Christopher Walken's in a way.

"Look fellas, there's never going to be the... perfect baby. Sometimes you've just gotta... dive right in" from Jake the Dad is another perfectly-delivered line.

Archpath1

hopefully we get more Hunson Abadeer

Stompin' on ants,
Suckin' their souls.
Stompin' on ants,
Souls, souls, souls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom