• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adventure Time Season 5 |OT| Welcome to the Multiverse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mesoian

Where do you go to catch up? All I can do is watch re runs on cartoon network, and those are just random episodes throughout the entire series.

Youtube and torrents. Comcast is absolutely abysmal with their On Demand choices. Half the time the information is wrong (two episodes are currently listed as Wizard's Only, Fools, but one of them is from season 1) and they only have 5 episodes up at a time, it's super dumb.

Not yet. It's a double-sized season with 52 episodes instead of 26. Plenty more Adventure Time to come.

Where did you hear this? Everything I've seen/read/heard says that there's only 5 more episodes in "Season 5.2" that are just coming later due to them delaying the movie and producing these after the original S5 batch.

I dream what a double-length Season 5 will do to the iTunes/DVD/BluRay sets >__<

What's that about an Adventure Time movie? I tried to find some info online but couldn't find any mention of it anywhere.

Season 5 was supposed to end with an Adventure Time movie. I don't know if it was ever formally announced or if they just hinted at it or what, but there was a shake-up with the end of Season 5 when they revealed the episode titles a while back because the movie got delayed. (Frederator made some kind of hint/comment about there being four missing episode/production numbers in the Season 5 line up, which is also why the next 5 episodes of Season 5 are called Season 5.2, they were made after the fact)

I don't know if now it's going to be theatrical, a TV special, direct to DVD, or part of Season 6. All I know is it was meant to be the Season 5 finale, it was an hour long, it's been delayed, and Pen's been working on it for at least 8 months, probably longer.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Today's episode proved that Finn is crazy tough.
We also heard another one of Jake's kids speak. T.V. is played by Dan Mintz (Tina from Bob's Burgers). So two of his kids are voices from that show.

IrishNinja

bwahahaha....catching up, just caught the investigation episode, i need a screencap of finn's face after jake turns into a car and eats him into it before the chase the train, so classic

edit wait they left that dude in the jail, that's jacked up

FillerB

Please, everyone watch this. Share it with your friends, repost it on twitter, whatever you can. Its success is very important ;__;

I really, really like the animation itself. Seriously wow.

Not sure what to think of the magical catgirl thing yet, though that outfit reminds me of Samurai Pizza Cats, and some of the jokes felt out of place (especially that fart joke at the end, come on really?) but overall I liked it. The depressed-young-woman-antics-thing that it had going on until the reveal of puppycat being a magical-girl-scout-thing (I think?) was nice and awkward in a good way. After that depends really on where part 2 is going to take it.

Basically: Part 2 when?

Servbot24

Banned
A bit off topic. Natasha Allegri, character designer and storyboard artist for Adventure Time debuted her new cartoon series Bee and PuppyCat on the same Youtube channel that Bravest Warriors is on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoKGhce5-08

Enjoyed the first ep.

The "i'm a slightly zany and introverted girl who likes to stay home and do internet while petting my cat and eating sweets" thing is pretty overdone. But I still liked it enough to watch more episodes when they come out.

ZoddGutts

The "i'm a slightly zany and introverted girl who likes to stay home and do internet while petting my cat and eating sweets" thing is pretty overdone. But I still liked it enough to watch more episodes when they come out.

Doesn't look like the the show won't be about that.
Magical Girl (Think Sailor Moon)
aspects will be part of the show. Wonder how that turn out.

I really, really like the animation itself. Seriously wow.

Not sure what to think of the magical catgirl thing yet, though that outfit reminds me of Samurai Pizza Cats, and some of the jokes felt out of place (especially that fart joke at the end, come on really?) but overall I liked it. The depressed-young-woman-antics-thing that it had going on until the reveal of puppycat being a magical-girl-scout-thing (I think?) was nice and awkward in a good way. After that depends really on where part 2 is going to take it.

Basically: Part 2 when?
I think they said August 7th? They're editing it right now.

It might be because I know more about the character or you might have just misread her, but she isn't really zany or an introvert, she's more of an apathetic character who's just kind of "ugh" about her life right now. She does like to eat though, not just sweets. Don't know where you got the bit about doing the internet biz. This is more "cute apathetic girl can't hold a job and discovers a magical animal that leads to adventure and romance".

Doesn't look like the the show won't be about that.
Magical Girl (Think Sailor Moon)
aspects will be part of the show. Wonder how that turn out.

It'll turn out pretty crazy. When I pitched at Frederator last year I saw the boards for it and more recently I saw a couple bits of the completed animation and things certainly amp up in part 2
once she gets her powers.

Today's episode proved that Finn is crazy tough.

That's what I took away from it. I already suspected Finn of mental illness, but that episode pretty much officially, and not all that subtly confirmed his psychosis. Not to mention a somewhat abusive dynamic between Finn and Jake.

I'm continually amazed at how dark this show is when you look beyond the surface level.

The suitor episode was kind of boring. Its amazing how entertaining fin and jake are.

I loved it. Braco's misadventure was as hilarious as it was disturbing. And the final shot of Peppermint Buttler angrily slapping PB was fucking brilliant.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
So I just watched the Detective episode. Oh man, the scene where jake basically sits down on Finn when he turns into the car. The look on Finns face, he knows he just went thru a bad thing.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Last episodes they've been revisiting lots of stuff and while funny, development seems lateral.
I've felt this way most of the season- especially with the Lich and Flame Princess narratives they've had in seasons past.

Up a Tree / All the Little People / Mystery Dungeon / Puhoy and Candy Streets have all been great standalones though.

I'm a little pissed there was no multiverse / portal hopping narrative we kind've expected but I do like the random adventure (times).

So Simon and Marcy was their submission for the Best Short-Format Animated Program Emmy, up against Regular Show's excellent A Bunch of Full-Grown Geese. I would've gone for I Remember You instead, but S&M is still a fantastic episode.

Acrylic7

A bit off topic. Natasha Allegri, character designer and storyboard artist for Adventure Time debuted her new cartoon series Bee and PuppyCat on the same Youtube channel that Bravest Warriors is on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoKGhce5-08

Enjoyed the first ep.

Iv never heard of Cartoon Hangover before. I wonder if they will ever try and become a large network like Nick, or Cartoon Network.

I like Bee and PuppyCat.

edit- Just saw the Bravest warriors, its awesome.

NEO0MJ

So my friend told me some of the show's creative staff left during this season? When did that happen? And why didn't I hear about it?

Iv never heard of Cartoon Hangover before. I wonder if they will ever try and become a large network like Nick, or Cartoon Network.

I like Bee and PuppyCat.

edit- Just saw the Bravest warriors, its awesome.
They won't. CH is specifically for things that wouldn't get aired on TV. Also Frederator is not a big enough company to do that.

So my friend told me some of the show's creative staff left during this season? When did that happen? And why didn't I hear about it?

Who would that be? I know Rebecca Sugar and Ian Jones-Quarterly left to do Steven Universe, but as far as I know Adam Muto, Andy Ristaino and Pen Ward are all still there.

NEO0MJ

Who would that be? I know Rebecca Sugar and Ian Jones-Quarterly left to do Steven Universe, but as far as I know Adam Muto, Andy Ristaino and Pen Ward are all still there.

Which is why I asked. He said that some left after Simon and Marcy. Maybe e confused what he read online?

Nope, no names. Just that some left after that episode.

Huh. Well, like as said as far as I know all the main players are still there minus Rebecca and Ian, it may have just been a coincidence that their shows started production around that time, I haven't heard about any kind of shake-ups or displeasure from the show's staff. Doesn't mean it hasn't happened just because I don't know about it, though. If you talk to your friend again see if you can get any more details from him.

NEO0MJ

If you talk to your friend again see if you can get any more details from him.

Talked with him again and it was pretty much in line with what you said. I think he sounded disappointed because he believes Rebecca Sugar was the most creative of the staff and that without her the show will now suck.

Talked with him again and it was pretty much in line with what you said. I think he sounded disappointed because he believes Rebecca Sugar was the most creative of the staff and that without her the show will now suck.

While I do agree that she was absolutely a big part of the heart of the show, (her music is phenomenal and has a lot of emotion in it, her episodes tended to be the more relationship/feeling-oriented) I still think it will be just fine without her. There are dozens upon dozens of episodes that she didn't write or board that are still really great, so to say it will suck without her is a huge disservice to everyone else that's written for the show.

It's not like she was one of the driving forces behind it, she only boarded about 25-30 episodes out of a whopping 131 so far, and wrote even fewer (19). The music will probably suffer the most but the show itself will be fine. Your friend is a jerk! :p

My niece calls Finn "Baby Wigglebutt" Especially from the baby song episode.

I need to get that shirt with the picture of Finn that says "Puncha Yo buns!"

I love how the show has all these human characters other than Finn, but not really:

Susan Strong: May be human, may be a Hyooman... though they will probably pull a Leela on us and she'll turn out to be something else entirely.

Fionna: Totally human, but also a figment of Ice King's imagination... for now at least.

Moe: Once a human, now all his body parts are robotic except for his skin.

Who am I missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom