• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adventure Time Season 5 |OT| Welcome to the Multiverse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zomba13

I love how the show has all these human characters other than Finn, but not really:

Susan Strong: May be human, may be a Hyooman... though they will probably pull a Leela on us and she'll turn out to be something else entirely.

Fionna: Totally human, but also a figment of Ice King's imagination... for now at least.

Moe: Once a human, now all his body parts are robotic except for his skin.

Who am I missing?

Ice King/Simon? Was/is human but corrupted by the magic crown.

Haha, of course. I knew I was forgetting at least one but didn't expect it would be such a biggie.

And of course Marceline used to be human as well.

Actually, I just thought of something... what if candy people are human corpses transformed and reanimated by the fallout of the Mushroom War?

Marcy wasn't a human, her father is a demon and she's a vampire, I don't think there's ever been anything to suggest she was ever human. When we see her as a child pre-bites she's clearly a demon.

Also I just had a stroke of marketing genius, why the flip hasn't there been an officially licensed Mamfried piñata?

NEO0MJ

I love how the show has all these human characters other than Finn, but not really:

Susan Strong: May be human, may be a Hyooman... though they will probably pull a Leela on us and she'll turn out to be something else entirely.

She definitely wasn't a Hyooman, when she had Fin touch her under the mask they seemed to have suggested that she didn't have gills like them. I wonder if she's related to Finn, she's old enough to be his mother.

Actually, I just thought of something... what if candy people are human corpses transformed and reanimated by the fallout of the Mushroom War?

In the Simon and Marceline episode we saw a Pink goop that might have been the ancestor of the candy people.

NEO0MJ

that was Princess Bubblegum, right?

Don't think so. After all she wasn't the first candy Princess.

That was a Scientific Parasite, apparently.

Doesn't look like one of them.

9358259897_d61f9a1281.jpg

New season already? Just finished Wizards Only, Fools. Very funny.

Who's all going to get the new game? Hope they announce some new characters soon too. :)

Economan

One thing I love most about this show is the great background music they sometimes play.
Only problem, I have no idea how to find it to listen on my leisure.
Does anyone have any suggestions? Any sound tracks released of this stuff yet?

New season already? Just finished Wizards Only, Fools. Very funny.

Who's all going to get the new game? Hope they announce some new characters soon too. :)
It's not a new season yet. Season 6 hasn't been officially announced or greenlit yet, there was going to be an hour-long Adventure Time "movie" at the end of Season 5 but it got delayed/cancelled and so they made a small batch of "Season 5.2" episodes to fill the gap.

One thing I love most about this show is the great background music they sometimes play.
Only problem, I have no idea how to find it to listen on my leisure.
Does anyone have any suggestions? Any sound tracks released of this stuff yet?

I think on the Frederator blog they used to post them but I remember only a few went up. Like.. two. Pen has talked about getting some kind of soundtrack together though. Hopefully that happens.

It's not a new season yet. Season 6 hasn't been officially announced or greenlit yet, there was going to be an hour-long Adventure Time "movie" at the end of Season 5 but it got delayed/cancelled and so they made a small batch of "Season 5.2" episodes to fill the gap.

I thought Season 6 was confirmed and they were supposed to start working on it in mid-July?

New episode just aired. I'll spoiler tag it for you PST bubs.
Glad to see Marceline finally got Hambo back. Too bad PB had to give up her shirt to get it. Anywho, it seems like Maja is being set up as the next big villain. She was certainly up to some funny business with that shirt.

Sidenote: The Marceline/P-bbles people are gonna go crazy for this episode.

I thought Season 6 was confirmed and they were supposed to start working on it in mid-July?

Just did a search and while I can't find the actual announcement, it looks like CN did confirm a Season 6 back in January. Nat must've meant there's no air date yet*, and the revisionists are still on hiatus so if any production is happening right now it's just the writing and the boarding.

*Though I wouldn't be surprised if she simply didn't know. Ian JQ was just asked when promos for Steven Universe would start airing and he guessed the fall but had no idea, when they've actually already started. Nobody keeps the people working ON the show in the loop :(

eucharis

I'm one of those crazy bubbline people
and though I thought this ep would have a bunch of lesbian inferences to me it seemed more like princess bubblegum's love is one sided (same with the episode of her helping ice king and marceline when she was a kid). It doesn't seem like marceline shares a mutual crush with bubblegum. I think I'm going to have to watch every ep again just to make sure I'm wrong lol. But it kind of sucks, I'll just have to keep hoping.

Raxus

If only this show was cancelled and Flapjack was the successful one. :(

Why? If anything Flapjack getting cancelled was a blessing in disguise. We got AT, Regular Show and Gravity Falls when the team disbanded. Check out the wiki page. Nearly everyone went on to bigger things.

daveo42

Banned
I really liked Monday's episode because we got some payback for Marcy over
her loss of Hambo thanks to that weenis Ash.
Super surprised by how things ended up tho over
Bubblegum giving up her shirt like that just for Hambo, especially after she made a big about how it was just a stuffed animial.
That Raggedy Princess comment to was like 'woah' for me. Probably true though.

I'm one of those crazy bubbline people
and though I thought this ep would have a bunch of lesbian inferences to me it seemed more like princess bubblegum's love is one sided (same with the episode of her helping ice king and marceline when she was a kid). It doesn't seem like marceline shares a mutual crush with bubblegum. I think I'm going to have to watch every ep again just to make sure I'm wrong lol. But it kind of sucks, I'll just have to keep hoping.

Well, she is the one who helped Marcy out almost 1000 years ago. At most, we know there was some sort of fall out between them at one point. It could have been over Pubs emotional attachment to Marcy or it could have been something completely different. Not ruling out unrequited love, but it's probably something a bit more mundane than that.

Riki

Just caught up on all of Season 5 (Thank you XFinity!)
Really loved it all so far. The last episode definitely gave me a good vibe, but the Be More episode was simply perfect.

Kind of amazing how, as the show progresses, we see the characters and world evolve and grow so much with so little actually being done.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Why? If anything Flapjack getting cancelled was a blessing in disguise. We got AT, Regular Show and Gravity Falls when the team disbanded. Check out the wiki page. Nearly everyone went on to bigger things.

The greater good.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
That was an awesome episode... then it got sad.

Oh man, what's going to happen now?

instead of "evil evil evil evil evil" that flame king says.

for finn its "fap fap fap fap"

they are gonna do something crazy soon, i can feel it. they can get away with anything B^)

jediyoshi

vpsPaaz.png

Adventure Time's Finn and Jake will appear in this week's all new episode of ‪#‎Futurama‬! While you're waiting, catch a new episode of Adventure Time tonight at 7:30/6:30c on Cartoon Network.

Epcott

Welllllp, the shipper haters should be pleased now. Back to frustraited Finn.

Edit: (Looks at image above) Wait what? Didn't it end already?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Welllllp, the shipper haters should be pleased now. Back to frustraited Finn.

Edit: (Looks at image above) Wait what? Didn't it end already?

Final episode is September 4th.

I'm actually excited to see this week's Futurama (this season has been disappointing).

Tuck

Finn was getting visibly aroused by watching his girlfriend beat up the Ice King. In a kids show. And those dreams....

Wat.

God Adventure Time is awesome.

Jintor

Finally starting to catch up on S5. Just watched Jake the Dad. Lol, Kristen Schaal.

These are so bite-sized, you can tear through them and they're all so great. Never fail to make me smile.

These are so bite-sized, you can tear through them and they're all so great. Never fail to make me smile.

I binge watched all 5 seasons over the course of a few weekends recently, and it was one of the most intense and memorable entertainment experiences of my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom