• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adventure Time Season 5 |OT| Welcome to the Multiverse

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
I binge watched all 5 season over the course of a few weekends recently, and it was one of the most intense and memorable entertainment experiences of my life.
I did this with the previous seasons but with five im watching live US-pace. I hate it. Too much waiting. Think its why ive enjoyed this season the least.

Next year im gonna go binge block again!

Kuroyume

Banned
Skywitch episode was freaking AMAZING. One of the best episodes in the series. Just so nuts.This week's episode was pretty lame though. I've been disappointed by pretty much every episode that she's been a main part of.

Mesoian

Good episode this week. I'm not sure Finn learned his lesson though...

I think it's pretty much assured that he didn't. And he's had multiple episodes focusing specifically on this part of him this season.

He said he wasn't coming back...but he came back.

Final part of Bee and PuppyCat by the storyboard/character designer on Adventure Time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UetSeZtrY2s

For people who want to watch the two parts together in one go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOG_UtLxh58

i like this and i would definitely watch more. i like the anime-ish influences. but sometimes this show tries too hard to be funny and random and its just horrible. cant stand the main character talking for more than a minute :/

I just watched Bee and Puppycat and I am just outraged that it doesn't have more views. OUTRAGED, I say! Natasha Allegri is amazing, and this show must must must must continue.

I just watched Bee and Puppycat and I am just outraged that it doesn't have more views. OUTRAGED, I say! Natasha Allegri is amazing, and this show must must must must continue.

The first episode is about to break 1 Million (if it hasn't already, we were watching it together earlier and it was super close) and the second one will eventually get there too I'd think. Or at least close to it.

Let Frederator know you want more. That's the whole point to Cartoon Hangover :)

The first episode is about to break 1 Million (if it hasn't already, we were watching it together earlier and it was super close) and the second one will eventually get there too I'd think. Or at least close to it.

Let Frederator know you want more. That's the whole point to Cartoon Hangover :)

The fact that you were watching Bee and Puppycat with Natasha Allegri herself is blowing my mind. How do I let Frederator know much I want more aside from watching it again?

The fact that you were watching Bee and Puppycat with Natasha Allegri herself is blowing my mind. How do I let Frederator know much I want more aside from watching it again?

Tweet at them, comment on the YouTube video or their Facebook page, you could probably even email Eric or Fred too.

We were talking about things I may have missed in the first part of the short (she voices the crow, hahaha) so I brought it up to look and we noticed that it was almost at 920K views.

Oh Jesus, Andy just posted the poster for tonight's episode "Too Old" and it looks like another Lemon Kingdom story. I am... already filled with dread and terror at the frightening things the'll do.

I wonder if Lemongrab 2 being consumed by his brother is canon or if it'll be retconned/handwaved. It was pretty friggin' grim, so I wouldn't be surprised if they never referenced it again.

I need to get on and watch the rest of this seasons stuff.
My friend asked me the other day who these shows are aimed at (The regular show being the other) as they really are bat shit crazy. I couldnt even guess.

I wonder if Lemongrab 2 being consumed by his brother is canon or if it'll be retconned/handwaved. It was pretty friggin' grim, so I wouldn't be surprised if they never referenced it again.

Adventure Time is pretty solid with continuity, I can't imagine them not bringing it up. Unless he was able to escape just before he was fully ingested.

I could see them asking where he is and Lemongrab saying "I ate him" with uncomfortable blank stares around the room. Maybe them forcing him to puke him back out?

I need to get on and watch the rest of this seasons stuff.
My friend asked me the other day who these shows are aimed at (The regular show being the other) as they really are bat shit crazy. I couldnt even guess.

The correct answer is "everyone" though Regular Show seems like it is made for and appeals to a slightly older (late teens, 20-somethings) crowd.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I say they take off and nuke the Lemon Kingdom from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.

Pretty good character development for Finn, learning how people get older and can no longer "play the same games".

Also, I saw this video today (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMztFNYwytI) and forgot how young Finn sounded in Season 1.

Tuck

What. The. Fuck.

Lemongrab grows more and more disturbing with each passing episode he is in.

He devoured half his brother, and then the rest of him in this episode - like spaghetti. The whole lemon kingdom was freaky as fuck.

I love it. I watched the episode with my roommate and we were both so weirded out.

EDIT: I should say though that I don't really like RB anymore. They kind of ruined her character. She stopped being fun.

I say they take off and nuke the Lemon Kingdom from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.

Nah, if they did that then we wouldn't get another gem of a episode like Mystery Dungeon.

tumblr_mh0835MhVX1qzn1p8o1_500.gif

Welp, I guess that episode answered my question. Man, this show can get so dark at times...

Also, I really hope that Finn patches things up with Flame Princess. Watching him get repeatedly shot down is really depressing...

Jintor

I hope Finn's brain holds this character development, it's pretty depressing to see him continually regressing

but jesus lemongrabs you guys are soooooooooo weirrrrrrrrrd

daveo42

Banned
Man Finn, you blew it.

Not sure if he's really going to be able to patch things up with FP and it seems like there is next to no hope for Finn to win PB's heart unless he grows up. So, either we'll adult Finn (which I think will quickly lead to the end of the series) or he'll keep regressing. It's fun to be childish, but you gotta know when it's appropriate man.

Also, Lemongrab episodes are always sort of messed up. This one was pretty bonkers, but prob not as much as the last one.

Too Old tried a little too hard to rekindle the awesomeness that might be my favorite episode of the series "Too Young"

Lemongrab was simply charming in his weirdness back then, even if it was an introductory episode.

Finn was also way too quick to try to go after Bubblegum after not even really breaking up with FP.

Our boy has so much yet to learn.

Mesoian

Too Old tried a little too hard to rekindle the awesomeness that might be my favorite episode of the series "Too Young"

Lemongrab was simply charming in his weirdness back then, even if it was an introductory episode.

Finn was also way too quick to try to go after Bubblegum after not even really breaking up with FP.

Our boy has so much yet to learn.

There's a long distance for Finn to travel before he becomes Johnathan Frakes.

I can't wait til lemonhope grows up under the tutelage of PB and returns to the kingdom of lemondrop to liberate all its people. That episode is gonna be wicked.

Dram

Anyone else disappointed with Lemongrab's character arc? It seemed like he was getting better now that he had a family, but that all just fell apart.

Anyone else disappointed with Lemongrab's character arc? It seemed like he was getting better now that he had a family, but that all just fell apart.

I like it. I mean, not everyone can have a happy ending, and it was previously hinted in early episodes that Lemongrab is so imperfect that he'll never truly be happy.

Also, I think it's kind of neat how he's progressed from being a comedic one-off character to being one of the only legitimate villains in the show right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom