• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adventure Time Season 5 |OT| Welcome to the Multiverse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

Anyone else disappointed with Lemongrab's character arc? It seemed like he was getting better now that he had a family, but that all just fell apart.

Depends which lemongrab you're talking about.

Lemonjohn's heart activating and what it did for him means there is a future for the lemon race imho

NEO0MJ

Marcy!

Too old I guess, but still!

Isn't she into PB? I wish the writers would clear the nature of their relationship, but no way will CN allow them.

Depends which lemongrab you're talking about.

Lemonjohn's heart activating and what it did for him means there is a future for the lemon race imho

From what we saw in this episode and previous ones it seems that the original Lemongrab is holding back the lemon people's potential and advancement with his crazy ideas and demands. He's just too flawed.

Kuroyume

Banned
The way the lemongrabs approvingly danced to the flute "music" was amazing.

tumblr_mrg5y8sp4w1qa0n48o1_r1_500.gif
tumblr_mrmkcgLwII1sah1cuo1_400.gif

Someone needs to find/make a better gif

CorvoSol

Finn needs to realize PB is in love with Cinnamon Bun and let it go. Think about it, Finn, CB gets to spend private time alone with PB in her bedroom (until a vampire kidnaps her), and you don't. CB is the Royal Consort, kiddo.

NEO0MJ

Finn needs to realize PB is in love with Cinnamon Bun and let it go. Think about it, Finn, CB gets to spend private time alone with PB in her bedroom (until a vampire kidnaps her), and you don't. CB is the Royal Consort, kiddo.

The shirt did smell of cinnamon according to the witch.

Riki

Just caught up!

Lemongrab is disturbing and frightening.
Jake is a jerk.
But at least Finn learned a valuable lesson.
Also, Jake is a jerk.

Shahadan

Seriously how can this show not give nightmare to children? Some episodes are really creepy. Are parents complaining?
I remember soft things like Lord Zedd from power rangers scaring the shit out of children and parents writing a lot of letters. Maybe parents don't waste their time in uproar now, or children are a different breed.

NEO0MJ

Seriously how can this show not give nightmare to children? Some episodes are really creepy. Are parents complaining?
I remember soft things like Lord Zedd from power rangers scaring the shit out of children and parents writing a lot of letters. Maybe parents don't waste their time in uproar now, or children are a different breed.

Parents still complain, Gravity Falls had to cut back on the Illuminati stuff because they kept getting messages from angry parents.

Riki

I think at this point, CN is making too much off Adventure Time stuff to care.

"What Was Missing" and the YouTube video behind the scenes thing that went with it got Cartoon Network more complaints in one day then they ever got in the history of the network for any other show. Thousands and thousands of complaints. It was insane.

AniHawk

"What Was Missing" and the YouTube video behind the scenes thing that went with it got Cartoon Network more complaints in one day then they ever got in the history of the network for any other show. Thousands and thousands of complaints. It was insane.

and that's really fucking terrible. i wish they made it canon.

AniHawk

Didn't the most recent PB/Marcy episode kind of do that?

well the events of the episode were canon, but the imagined backstory wasn't. basically, i'm in favor of spiting certain people. plus, i don't think there's harm in having bisexual or homosexual characters on shows kids watch. i don't see how it's different from having heterosexual characters on shows kids watch.

Riki

well the events of the episode were canon, but the imagined backstory wasn't. basically, i'm in favor of spiting certain people. plus, i don't think there's harm in having bisexual or homosexual characters on shows kids watch. i don't see how it's different from having heterosexual characters on shows kids watch.

I think, at the very least, a past "more than just friendship" relationship is heavily implied in Sky Witch.

The fact that Bubblegum sleeps in the shirt that Marceline gave her, and smells in in the morning is a pretty obvious tell. Friends don't do that. There was definitely something more at one point, even if it was ages ago.

corn_fest

I really wish CN would just put their balls on and do the PB/Marcy thing, if only for the outrage it would cause.
Someone has to take the first step if the medium is going to move forward with acceptance of non-heterosexual characters.

NEO0MJ

The fact that Bubblegum sleeps in the shirt that Marceline gave her, and smells in in the morning is a pretty obvious tell. Friends don't do that. There was definitely something more at one point, even if it was ages ago.

It's the shirt Cinammon Bun makes love to her with.

Kwixotik

I don't know how many of you are familiar with Munchkin, but it's a pretty fun card game that parodies genre tropes. Each set is like $20. Anyway, this set got announced at Gen Con and I'm pretty pumped for it.

Kwixotik

That's not Card Wars! :(

Card wars is a collectible card game like Magic The Gathering or Yugioh, with starter sets and booster packs with different card rarities. Munchkin is a set that you buy that comes with all of the cards needed for like 4 people to play (no booster packs, collecting, or anything like that involved). Cards are drawn from a common deck rather than separate decks constructed beforehand.

Both games are coming out, but they're totally different types of games.

Card wars is a collectible card game like Magic The Gathering or Yugioh, with starter sets and booster packs with different card rarities. Munchkin is a set that you buy that comes with all of the cards needed for like 4 people to play (no booster packs, collecting, or anything like that involved). Cards are drawn from a common deck rather than separate decks constructed beforehand.

Both games are coming out, but they're totally different types of games.

wait, card wars is actually coming out?!

I think, at the very least, a past "more than just friendship" relationship is heavily implied in Sky Witch.

Ehh.. that just in your head. Bubblegum and Marceline are just really good friends that fell out over a misunderstanding and just recently reconciled.

Fan are so quick to insert their Yoai/Yuri fantasies into these shows.

W_Dreamer

Ehh.. that just in your head. Bubblegum and Marceline are just really good friends that fell out over a misunderstanding and just recently reconciled.

Fan are so quick to insert their Yoai/Yuri fantasies into these shows.

Exactly.

I mean people claiming that they are obviously lesbian, are you actually lesbian yourselves or know a lesbian couple very well?

Because believe it or not, girls have no problem holding each other's hand/arm as they walk, give each other clothes for presents, wear the other one's clothes or actually sleep in the same bed as their BFF.

Dont mean they're lesbian at all...

Riki

Exactly.

I mean people claiming that they are obviously lesbian, are you actually lesbian yourselves or know a lesbian couple very well?

Because believe it or not, girls have no problem holding each other's hand/arm as they walk, give each other clothes for presents, wear the other one's clothes or actually sleep in the same bed as their BFF.

Dont mean they're lesbian at all...

Regardless, smelling someone's shirt like that is weird.

jediyoshi

Regardless, smelling someone's shirt like that is weird.

Yeah, if they had a hetereo relationship, I don't think pb smelling a dude's shirt and the audience guessing she was into him is the most outlandish assumption to make and require a million different qualifiers. The show's been pretty explicit about less obvious things in the past.

Riki

Yeah, if they had a hetereo relationship, I don't think pb smelling a dude's shirt and the audience guessing she was into him is the most outlandish assumption to make and require a million different qualifiers. The show's been pretty explicit about less obvious things in the past.

And the fact that the shirt was worth far more than the teddy bear, which was a childhood gift from the only friend Marcy had for maybe decades...
I mean, two and two equals something sometimes.

Not saying it's 100% true, but they are definitely implying that.

W_Dreamer

Well if you consider the romantic relationships of other characters in the show or unrequited crushes (e.g. Fin x PB), which ones are more vague and which are more explicit than the supposed PB x Marceline.

Pretty sure majority if not all the romantic relationship/intentions on the show between characters are STILL more explicit than PB x Marceline.

Riki

The fact that they had to shut down a Youtube channel and got tons of complaints for daring to imply that PB & Marceline might have been a couple at one point leads me to believe that any relationship shown between the two from here on out is going to be inherently subtle and deeply in the closet as it were if they're gonna drop those hints.

I have my problems with the way that it came about seemingly as more pandering to fans than as a desire to write those characters as gay/bisexual, but I do sorta wish that they would have had the balls to run with it if they really wanted to go to there.

Ignoring the lame snipe at bronies, homosexual relationships aren't any more inherently sexual than heterosexual ones - no one looks at Finn/Fire Princess or Finn/PB or whatever they're spinning this week and thinks ew, gross, get that sex outta my cartoons!

I mean, whatever you think of the PB/Marceline thing, there's nothing that would make it automatically less "innocent" or more sexual than any of Finn's crushes on the show.

Especially when you consider the sex dreams Finn has...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom