• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adventure Time Season 5 |OT| Welcome to the Multiverse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuck

Next week episode summary:

Finn begins sleepwalking and dreaming about the Green Lady, a ghostly apparition that he witnessed during the events of the season three episode "The Creeps". Jake and BMO help him tap into this repressed memory and uncover a secret hidden in his past.

Looks like we'll find out next week...

Jintor

Time Sandwich was glorious

Also, surprise
peebs and marcey! And BMO and their syrup explosion

/edit oh man, Fire & Water. Keith David voice now weird because of Saint's Row IV.

Silkworm

Time Sandwich was glorious[/spoiler]

/edit oh man, Fire & Water. Keith David voice now weird because of Saint's Row IV.
Yeah it was so satisfying in the end when Magic Man gets his comeuppance. Been a long time coming ;-) Go Jake and his sandwich!

Mesoian

Time Sandwich was glorious

Also, surprise
peebs and marcey! And BMO and their syrup explosion

Keith David voice was always weird because of Gargoyles. And Spawn. And Justice League. And They Live.

TheOGB

Banned
Keith David voice is always glorious. Always.

Next week episode summary:

Finn begins sleepwalking and dreaming about the Green Lady, a ghostly apparition that he witnessed during the events of the season three episode "The Creeps". Jake and BMO help him tap into this repressed memory and uncover a secret hidden in his past.

Looks like we'll find out next week...
Oh damn, really? Well...

Can someone for the love of God please screencap the image of BMO on the skateboard with the explosion behind him/her and Marceline behind the explosion? I mean, holy shit.

here's a higher res

dSutQ3f.png

Cool little episode. Would have found the ending funnier if Jake's reaction to finally taking a bite of the sandwich before the cut to black was something like "tastes weird".

Tendo

I stopped watching regularly at the beginning of season 5. I just bought all the seasons on Amazon VOD and have been rewatching but I'm curious - has there been any continuation of the lore/ history of the Land of Oo like we saw with Remember You and the Lich story at the beginning of Season 5? I love the hints at the history of Oo.

NEO0MJ

I stopped watching regularly at the beginning of season 5. I just bought all the seasons on Amazon VOD and have been rewatching but I'm curious - has there been any continuation of the lore/ history of the Land of Oo like we saw with Remember You and the Lich story at the beginning of Season 5? I love the hints at the history of Oo.

There is an episode that talks a lot about it later.

Hoo-doo

Banned
The Netherlands just got Netflix like three days ago, and I fell deeply in love with this goddamn show. It's just so damn charming and the animations/art are incredible.

Shame there's only 26 episodes available on Netflix for us right now. I'm so jealous.

Tendo

There is an episode that talks a lot about it later.

Awesome!

Now that my work has settled down my GF and I are starting again from the beginning. I own so much AT junk now...The comics, encyclopedia, and I can't wait for the new game coming in November.

ALGEBRAIC

border

Shame there's only 26 episodes available on Netflix for us right now. I'm so jealous.

I don't know why, but Cartoon Network is just monumentally stingy with their content. They have Adult Swim shows that are more than 10 years old now that they still refuse to put on Netflix or even offer on their own website. It's just asinine.

Raxus

Dang Bubblegum, you're like a bazillion years old. You're not 19.

Crazy episode that answered one question and brings up a million more.

Jintor

Was Shoko voiced by Olivia Olson too?

What a great episode

Did you know the bath boy gang house was the same as the mansion Finn first put all that stuff into the Vault in? Also it's the D-boy gang's crib I think

TrueBlue

Probably a better place to ask than any, considering it's the OT for the show. I've had a friend of mine hyping this show up for the last month, but I've not made the jump as of yet. Could some of you give me some reasons as to why I should? Also, if I were to start watching, should I start from the very beginning.

Thanks in advance!

Jintor

It's like 10 minute episodes and they're like popcorn chicken, super addictive. Very funny, random in a way that makes sense within an established ruleset, and with a surprising devotion to its own characters and lore rather than being just trippy for the sake of tripping.

Also, I think this is the first time they officially confirmed that radioactivity exists in the show

TheOGB

Banned
I totally knew that was Bubblegum that gave Simon the chicken soup.
I mean, that's not "confirmed" at all, but I KNEW IT. :p

That episode was so much better than what people were theorizing. Lore episodes continue to be among the best.
Indeed.

Did you know the bath boy gang house was the same as the mansion Finn first put all that stuff into the Vault in? Also it's the D-boy gang's crib I think
Yeah, I saw that place and heard that guy and immediately my mind went to the Destiny Gang.

Raxus

It's like 10 minute episodes and they're like popcorn chicken, super addictive. Very funny, random in a way that makes sense within an established ruleset, and with a surprising devotion to its own characters and lore rather than being just trippy for the sake of tripping.

Also, I think this is the first time they officially confirmed that radioactivity exists in the show

Pretty well said.

It takes a bit of time to get going since it just seems like a series of random adventures at times until elements keep popping up and you realize there is a deeper plot and then season 4 happens and omgwtfbbq.

As far as general themes to the show it is easy for kids and adults to enjoy the show because of the adult themes in some of the episodes. If you want a quick shot of awesome just watch any episode featuring Marcelline or the 2 Fionna and Cake episodes. They do fine as stand alone episodes and are always great showcases of how good this show is at its prime.

I hope you enjoy the show whenever you decide to sit down and watch it.

sn00zer

Probably a better place to ask than any, considering it's the OT for the show. I've had a friend of mine hyping this show up for the last month, but I've not made the jump as of yet. Could some of you give me some reasons as to why I should? Also, if I were to start watching, should I start from the very beginning.

Thanks in advance!

Watch at least an hour of episode (around 5) before making your decision....some episodes can rub people the wrong way, just because the episodes are so different...also watch from the beginning

Tuck

Really interesting episode. Glad to finally have confirmation that PB is in fact 1000 years old. And the mystery of the ghost is solved.

daveo42

Banned
That episode just blew my mind. I'm watching it again just to see if I missed anything else.

Anyone else get the feeling that we are gonna have a few really big revelations and events happen between now and the movie? So much so that they might finish off the series during season 6. Crazy bananas stuff going on and getting explained so far, but we still need some explanation on Susan Strong, who is still a strong contender for Finn's mom.

Rarity

I really really liked that episode. Watched it multiple times just because I enjoyed the dialogue and line delivery so much.

The fact that they referenced Super Hexagon makes me love this show so much more.

I haven't even finished Season 1 yet, but I have loved every episode I've seen

R.I.P

Great episode this week, always love when they delve into the mythology. Had guessed a while ago that PB is really old, nice to have a confirmation for it. Wonder if current timeline Finn will finally lose that arm before the end of this season?

Busaiku

I thought it was pretty clear that when Bubblegum was shown to be as old as she is now when Flame Princess was a baby, that would mean that she's been like that for a while.

daveo42

Banned
I thought it was pretty clear that when Bubblegum was shown to be as old as she is now when Flame Princess was a baby, that would mean that she's been like that for a while.

I'm just curious if she's actually a 1,000 years old or far less than that. The wiki for the show states she's at least 33 years old to make up for the difference between being old enough to rule and to discuss matters with Flame King about Flame Princess after she was born.

Either PB is lying to Finn about her relatives (entirely possible at this point), or she's not super duper old, just kind of older. I'm betting on the first one and that Shoko is actually from around the first 100 years after the Great Mushroom War based on the state of the Candy Kingdom at the time, her appearance in Simon and Marcy, and that radioactive pools are still around.

Otherwise it's more recent and the pools and reconstruction of the kingdom are because of the Lich and this is shortly after Billy defeats him and traps in amber.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom