• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adventure Time Season 5 |OT| Welcome to the Multiverse

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEO0MJ

Either PB is lying to Finn about her relatives (entirely possible at this point), or she's not super duper old, just kind of older.

I think her relatives have been retconed out of existence. Don't forget that they didn't really start to build the world until season 2.

daveo42

Banned
I think her relatives have been retconed out of existence. Don't forget that they didn't really start to build the world until season 2.

Can't remember what other episode(s) she mentions relatives, but I know at least one was during the Susan Strong episode, which does take place in season 2. Season 1 stuff could be retcon'd out at this point, but there are some pieces that they've fit into the overall story. I feel like they'd do the same here with PB's true age and her relatives.

CorvoSol

Did anyone else think it's possible that cinnamon bun is just an old version of creampuff?

I completely forgot to mention this! Creampuff is official proof of my theory, people. Who is PB's type? Not vampire women. Not teenage boys. DUMPY PASTRY MEN.

SUCK ON EGGS MARCELINE AND PB SHIPPERS. SUCK ON EGGS. PB x CB IS THE ONE TRUE PAIRING. BOW TO YOUR DUMPY PASTRY GOD.

Ladies and gentlemen I want to tell you about the most eligible bachelor in Ooo. His name is Cinammon Bun. He's basically thirty years old and until recently he didn't have a real dog. After completing a dangerous and violent mission to deliver the Royal Tarts to the Congressional Back rubbing ceremony, he became the official consort to the Crown Princess of the Candy Kingdom. But no one woman can keep this bun tied down, and so, after a falling out of sorts (over which we hear PB is real broken up), this slick, sexy, sticky pastry man hooked up with the spicy Fire Princess and became her consort after helping her stage a coup d'etat.

That's right. Cinnamon Bun succeeds with all the women Finn fails with. Up next will be Marceline.

ATa9yvs.png

So sticky.

So classy.

Jintor

I liked the fan theory that the ghost was Finn's Mom compared to who she really was.

Me too. I liked this episode a lot, but I don't see how this is way better.

Agreed. The mother theory was way better, but this was fine too.

It's not way better, but this was still pretty good.

I liked this more tbh

It's amazing how much storytelling they can pack into 11 minutes

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Ah! Really enjoyed it! Went in with all the Finn's mum theories circling but I much preferred what they did. I've always found her previous appearances really creepy so it was odd seeing the backstory but it added even more depth into the show's universe.

Few observations:
Shoko using a pet cat as a mount is a precursor to Finn & Jake
The Banana Guards were green because they weren't ripe yet
The tree that kept The Lich prisoner is seen in the background not yet fully grown
The house on the hill from The Creeps is/once was the hideout of the Bath Boy Gang

Few questions:
Is there a connection/change between the Destiny Gang and the Bath Boy Gang?
Who painted the picture of Shoko in the sky witch episode?
What happens to the robot arm and is it in the present timeline for real Finn using/needing later?

Loved the mythology bombs this episode dropped!

NEO0MJ

What happens to the robot arm and is it in the present timeline for real Finn using/needing later?

I think that they were once again hinting at the possibility that Finn will lose his arm at one point, it happened far too often to alternate version of him after all.

Wow, that was a pretty cool episode. How many more are scheduled for this season again?

Also, does anyone forsee Lemongrab becoming the main antagonist of the next season? It seems like the writers are trying as hard as they can to surgically remove every shred of sympathy we feel for him, and some of the recent eps seem to foreshadow a possible war between the various kingdoms.

Tuck

I hope that when Finn loses his arm, it happens abruptly at the end of an episode right before the cut to black.

Doubt we will ever actually see Finn lose his arm. We know it will happen, but probably won't ever see it.

Granted, the main character in a very popular CGI movie lost his leg at the end, so I suppose its possible (The movie I am referring to:
How to Train Your Dragon
)

Fantomex

I sometimes watch this with my son. I have no idea of the continuity and the characters, but a lot of stuff is really hilarious. For example yesterday, when they had a guy in jail and his lawyer shows up. Then I realized it was Jake pretending to be his lawyer lol. I wish I knew who all these characters were and how they know each other.

Tuck

I sometimes watch this with my son. I have no idea of the continuity and the characters, but a lot of stuff is really hilarious. For example yesterday, when they had a guy in jail and his lawyer shows up. Then I realized it was Jake pretending to be his lawyer lol. I wish I knew who all these characters were and how they know each other.

Honestly the continuity is often half the fun.

PK Gaming

Holy shit, Finn is basically the avatar and PB is a gazillion years old.

That episode was so good, goddamn. Also, I immediately thought Corvo's post when I saw creampuff. Lmao.

Dram

Looking at the size difference I wonder how many times Finn was reincarnated between Shoko's death and his birth?

CorvoSol

Holy shit, Finn is basically the avatar and PB is a gazillion years old.

That episode was so good, goddamn. Also, I immediately thought Corvo's post when I saw creampuff. Lmao.

I'm just saying that dumpy pastry men are what get the PBs going. I wish I were a psychotic fan artist with tumblr magic so I could make this popular enough to get the show's creators into mild nontrouble for indulging my ill-advised idea which I will defend tooth and nail, but I'll be satisfied just yammering about it on GAF instead.

Epcott

I almost thought that slime pit was the remnants of the toxic sludge from the Mushroom War. But that wouldn't make sense.

Raxus

Man Finn is so thirsty it is getting ridiculous.

I hope Ice King shacks with them all season. It is great seeing him pop up.

Tuck

Fantastic episode. Loved every second, as did my friends. Very funny.

EDIT: Completely forgot that Ice King was still living with them. Love the continuity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom