• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adventure Time Season 5 |OT| Welcome to the Multiverse

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just finished the Shoko episode, haven't watched this week's yet. After finishing it I really feel like PB is one of the more sadder characters in the show.

She presumably has no family.
She has existed in some form since the Mushroom War, and until Lady Rainicorn seemed to have Marceline as the only friend she didn't create herself.
She created her kingdom, all her citizens, her heir, and her boyfriend herself.
The very first episode involved trying to bring her dead boyfriend back to life.
She shows no qualms about modifying or destroying the life she created and seems to be constantly experimenting on them.

She's just this weird, lonely, morally ambiguous ruler of a kingdom she made for herself. She's like Ice King, but saner. Maybe one day we'll get a lore episode about how the current princesses without kingdoms (ie, not Flame Princess, or LSP, as they have parents and kingdoms) were chosen to be princesses of Ooo.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I just watched the Shoko episode. It was awesome. The continuity in this show is amazing.

I just started watching my Blu-rays of Season 1 and 2 that I got at launch but haven't watched yet. I was surprised to see Mr. Creampuff was the first candy person she tried to bring back to life. She even mentioned he was her boyfriend.

I see someone mentioned this earlier.

Lo_Fi

Haha, love how Finn's comments during the beginning podcast part kinda reflects what may be going on in the fan's heads. Less romance, back to adventuring.

Tuck

Probably the weakest episode in a long time IMO. It wasn't bad. But it felt really long (Surprising considering its an 11 minute episode) and kinda boring.

Banzai

Probably the weakest episode in a long time IMO. It wasn't bad. But it felt really long (Surprising considering its an 11 minute episode) and kinda boring.

thats too bad. i wont be able to watch it until i get home today but i was really looking forward to this one. the preview looked like some pure adventuring fun, a break from all that romance jazz.

Silkworm

I'm shocked anyone would think that as I thought Dungeon Train was a great Finn and Jake focused episode.

I enjoyed it. It was nice to see Jake's loyalty to Finn and Finn's concern for Jake which helps Finn break out of his obsession with the Dungeon Train. I guess it kind of reminded me a little of Morituri Te Salutamus episode though in that case Finn was actually in control. Still it's nice to see just an adventuring episode with just Jake and Finn :)

Banzai

Now that I've watched it, I think it was a fun episode. I feel like they should have done something with the bosses being obsessed adventurers, though. The episode ended too abruptly, even for Adventure Time standards.

Tuck

Now that I've watched it, I think it was a fun episode. I feel like they should have done something with the bosses being obsessed adventurers, though. The episode ended too abruptly, even for Adventure Time standards.

Haha that's funny - I thought the opposite. The ending was surprisingly un-abrupt.

PK Gaming

Fantastic episode

Loved how they acknowledge that Finn actually has a problem instead of "lol screw girls."

I had a lot of fun with this one too, I can empathize with Finn since love grinding through dungeons haha

I hope we get more development on the Lemon Kingdom subplot soon. It seems like they've been building to something big, and I'd hate to have to wait for a long time to find out what it is :(

CorvoSol

I'm shocked anyone would think that as I thought Dungeon Train was a great Finn and Jake focused episode.

I really liked it. The part at the end, where Finn is
snapped out of it by realizing he'd ruin Jake's life if he stayed
was really heart-warming. I was glad to see an episode dedicated to their brotherhood. The romance stuff is fun and funny at times, but at the heart of this show I feel it is still about two brothers and their adventures, and that's what everything should always come back to.

Plus the Finn and Jake centered episodes are ALWAYS the best episodes after BMO episodes. Like, remember Dad's Dungeon? I was freaking all emotions during that episode. And their trip to the Nightosphere was great, too.

I really enjoyed that Jake summed up the entirety of his role in the episode right at the beginning "I'll ride on your shoulder and make jokes!"

NEO0MJ

Plus the Finn and Jake centered episodes are ALWAYS the best episodes after BMO episodes. Like, remember Dad's Dungeon? I was freaking all emotions during that episode. And their trip to the Nightosphere was great, too.

One of the show's finest episodes, it had it all.

TheOGB

Banned
It was, but it was also adorable

It also cut the fat from all the romance stuff and ended with Finn
drowning in pussy

Mesoian

I feel like that's the logical progression of a post apocalyptic world as far as cats are concerned. Get together, find cardboard boxes, make a cardboard box city, be cute all the time.

yeah.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
I feel that episode was about 100x greater due to me being a cat owner. Every stupid silly thing was like "D'aww just like my cat".

Cats are fucking weird.

Zomba13

I feel that episode was about 100x greater due to me being a cat owner. Every stupid silly thing was like "D'aww just like my cat".

Cats are fucking weird.

lol yup. All it needed was Finn putting his bag down for a second and finding all the cats sleeping on it. Cutest episode by far. I want my cat to have a cat jousting match now.

Tuck

Eh. Slight step up from last week but nothing special.

Wasn't bad mind you (Neither was last weeks) - just not amazing. The cats were cute but kind of got grating by the end, but maybe that was the point.

It was just sort of random and inconsequential. It was cute though, I'll give you that.

Odoul

Not great, but the show can put out stinkers from time to time.

Those boxes were cursed/freaky right?

The drawn expressions kept magically changing, and the cats didn't seem to give a shit when they were knocked off.

Sort of a less extreme version of the ice crown.

Banzai

I thought it was hilarious how Finn interpreted everything like a kingdom when it was just a bunch of cats in boxes.
Was also totally expecting the jake side-story to be about his hatred for cats, but then they went with the nacho stuck between teeth story :D

i love this show. even an episode about cats in boxes can be absolutely enjoyable in adventure time.

Rarity

Maybe it's due to not owning cats, but I didn't care much for that episode. I actually liked the interaction with cats during the "Candy Streets" episode, though, so I dunno. Maybe I'm just disappointed by the past few episodes because of how much I enjoyed "The Vault."

TheOGB

Banned
...Holy shit

Did this episode just confirm that thing about Marcy feeding on Bubblegum's pink? :O

Edit: Now Sky Witch is on. Aww shit.

Raxus

Great now we have to have a sand kingdom episode and center of the earth episode.

Anybody else find the spoon thing ominous?

So do you guys think that the reason season 5 was extended is because Pendleton Ward planned a movie to air before season 6 and he needs more time to produce it?

Epcott

So is Finn color blind? I didn't understand how he thought the emerald was a ruby. Does this mean he think his backpack and Slime Princess are red and does it have significance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom