• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adventure Time Season 5 |OT| Welcome to the Multiverse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silkworm

Didn't that Banana Guy die in the last episode he was in? How is he back? Or is my memory just shot?

I thought Jake just saw Banana Man floating in that underground lake while he thought he was experiencing his croak dream for real. Hopefully Banana Man finds someone (not that banana guard) :) It was cool to see that Starchy has a late night radio show kind of like Coast to Coast AM.

Starchy's "Graveyard Shift' conspiracy theory radio show made the episode.

I guess David Icke's Babylonian Brotherhood are a real thing in the Adventure Time verse.

TheOGB

Banned
Saw this in an unrelated thread but I absolutely loved this part
lSjkmNj.gif

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Some sweet ass tunes in the fuel montage. I laughed my ass off at the female banana guard. It came out of nowhere.

Possum

Alright, so I just started catching up on the show's fifth season as I haven't been watching it recently and oh my, Simon & Marcy was incredibly touching. That was just brilliantly done.

Alright, so I just started catching up on the show's fifth season as I haven't been watching it recently and oh my, Simon & Marcy was incredibly touching. That was just brilliantly done.

Yep, one of my favorite episodes of any show ever.

Kinda made me anticipate the next "big mythology episode" though and that hasn't come yet. I would like to see another Lich or "Simon" (or both) episode but at the same time I can't complain because the show continues to be consistently great.

Sadsic

Yep, one of my favorite episodes of any show ever.

Kinda made me anticipate the next "big mythology episode" though and that hasn't come yet. I would like to see another Lich or "Simon" (or both) episode but at the same time I can't complain because the show continues to be consistently great.

The Vault was a pretty big mythology episode

Raxus

Even though next week seems like the season finale apparently, *finale spoilers*
the finale has Finn and Jake suspecting Princess Bubblegum may be evil :O

I knew it!

I hope Steven Universe is good. It was my favorite pilot they showed.

TheChits

Even though next week seems like the season finale apparently, *finale spoilers*
the finale has Finn and Jake suspecting Princess Bubblegum may be evil :O

I knew it!

I hope Steven Universe is good. It was my favorite pilot they showed.

Awesome start for the show so far. Really liking the music

Silkworm

Awesome start for the show so far. Really liking the music

I enjoyed it (Stephen Universe) too. It was nice that they started off with two new episodes. Also I like how they just thrust you into the storyline without a whole lot of explanation and fill in the gaps along the way. I keep getting an Alanna vibe from that one character based on her hair style which then reminds me of Syb-Bionic Titan which makes me happy and sad. Maybe one day in the not too distant future after more episodes have aired there will be an OT thread dedicated to this show (it's obvious this is where the music/singing from AT has gone).

daveo42

Banned
Finally saw this episode tonight along with Steven Universe. Holy cow, I was not expecting that ending at all. Simon there to donk things up for Finn and Jake. Good to see this will hopefully be resolved by the end of the next episode.

Speaking of, will
Princess Bubblegum or Flame Princess
end up being the new big bad of the show or is it all in their/our heads?

I enjoyed it (Stephen Universe) too. It was nice that they started off with two new episodes. Also I like how they just thrust you into the storyline without a whole lot of explanation and fill in the gaps along the way. I keep getting an Alanna vibe from that one character based on her hair style which then reminds me of Syb-Bionic Titan which makes me happy and sad. Maybe one day in the not too distant future after more episodes have aired there will be an OT thread dedicated to this show (it's obvious this is where the music/singing from AT has gone).

Good start so far with Steven Universe and it's nice the Sugar is mixing up the musical genres here. The only think I wish had stayed over from the pilot was the animation style. The new one is a bit on the plain side so far imho.

NEO0MJ

Finally saw this episode tonight along with Steven Universe. Holy cow, I was not expecting that ending at all. Simon there to donk things up for Finn and Jake. Good to see this will hopefully be resolved by the end of the next episode.

Speaking of, will
Princess Bubblegum or Flame Princess
end up being the new big bad of the show or is it all in their/our heads?

Pretty sure anything with PB will just turn out to be misunderstanding due to how secretive PB is. She's sadistic, but not evil. As for FP she'll probably butt heads with Finn sooner or later.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Just saw the latest episode and hot damn, does that mean we could potentially see more of Joshua?! Hot diggidy damn!

Odoul

I want to see Jermaine.

They kinda sorta reference him sometimes, but then ignore him others.

They've never shown him Jake and Finn in the same scene and they supposedly grew up together.

It'd be great if he turned out to have his own weird powers and he's been hanging with another kid all this time.

TheOGB

Banned
Oh god, I panicked for a sec but then remember we have to wait another week ._.

But yeah, Steven Universe is pretty good so far. Really silly.

So do you guys think that the reason season 5 was extended is because Pendleton Ward planned a movie to air before season 6 and he needs more time to produce it?

That's the exact reason, Season 5 was going to end with a 'movie' of sorts but it got pushed back for ~unknown reasons~ and Season 5 was extended instead. Frederator posted about it a while ago too, they put up an episode list and there was a gap in the numbering so they mentioned the special had been delayed. It's been forever since I last heard anything about it though so I have no clue what the status of it is.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
That episode was so great.
Jake taping over his father defeating Kee-oth with "sexy" messages and an attempted movie was the highlight.

I'm surprised this show was so open about having a priest and holy water. Normally kids shows would frown on these types of religious references.

sn00zer

Totally just realized Kee-oth is what you get when you mistype Keith

Ie. Keith->Keoth
That's the exact reason, Season 5 was going to end with a 'movie' of sorts but it got pushed back for ~unknown reasons~ and Season 5 was extended instead. Frederator posted about it a while ago too, they put up an episode list and there was a gap in the numbering so they mentioned the special had been delayed. It's been forever since I last heard anything about it though so I have no clue what the status of it is.

I know you have an in of sorts at AT...do you by anychance have a high quality collection of all the title cards? I had some for the first season and they make a great changing wallpaper

Clott

I just caught an episode in my sisters room, it was the one where they first fight a barn and then go inside this castle to find the ice kings heart missing and the magical flying Korean unicorn turns out to be pregnant, anyway color me intrigued.

How is it to start from the start, it seems like the show has tons of adult undertones, is this something I have to check out, and is it on Netflix?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom