• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adventure Time Season 5 |OT| Welcome to the Multiverse

Status
Not open for further replies.

iddqd

Oh man root beer guy episode is such an adult episode...a man dissatisfied with life, with a wife he loves, but is left unsatisfied who attempts to spice up their sex life. He believes he is on an adventure like the characters in his head, turns out is a farce. He tenacity though in follow the clue leads to a promotion, a satifying sex life and moving beyond the unrealistic dreams in his head.

One of my favorite episodes in a long time. The maid joke got me.

Maron

Even if I'm not a major fan of Regular Show I know it's a really good series, so it would suck if either that or Adventure Time ended.

Maybe Cartoon Network considers Johnny Test "beloved" because of how long it's been airing? That's one show that can't end soon enough at this point.

JT isn't a CN Studios series though, it's produced in Canada. Adventure Time and Regular Show are CN Studio productions, even though AT also crosses with Frederator.

For the rumors of a beloved show, I'm thinking that it might be Ben 10. Ben 10 has been sitting in the Saturday morning death zone for ages up against the likes of Nick's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Ben 10: Omniverse (as with the others) has been severely toy based and might meet the same fate as Symbionic Titan. If the toys aren't selling, the show doesn't continue. I haven't seen a ton of Ben 10 toys floating around outside of a few and I rarely even see ads for the show in the same league as something like Adventure Time, Regular Show or Steven Universe.

Now, I know that Ben 10 isn't a favorite amongst many here, but it has been a breadwinner for CN for a long time and I think could be considered "beloved" to the network. I don't know how Omniverse has been doing ratings wise, but that's the only one that really makes sense to me considering that both AT and Regular Show are merchandise and ratings gold. Everything on Monday night currently is consistently #1 in it's demo week after week.

Servbot24

Banned
Adventure Time grows in popularity every year and there seems to be plenty of creative energy left in it. I doubt they're killing it now unless PW wanted to.

TheOGB

Banned
Yeah, I could definitely see it being Ben 10. Seems to have really lost steam lately, I wouldn't be surprised if it came to a close soon.

Maron

For the rumors of a beloved show, I'm thinking that it might be Ben 10. Ben 10 has been sitting in the Saturday morning death zone for ages up against the likes of Nick's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Ben 10: Omniverse (as with the others) has been severely toy based and might meet the same fate as Symbionic Titan. If the toys aren't selling, the show doesn't continue. I haven't seen a ton of Ben 10 toys floating around outside of a few and I rarely even see ads for the show in the same league as something like Adventure Time, Regular Show or Steven Universe.

Now, I know that Ben 10 isn't a favorite amongst many here, but it has been a breadwinner for CN for a long time and I think could be considered "beloved" to the network. I don't know how Omniverse has been doing ratings wise, but that's the only one that really makes sense to me considering that both AT and Regular Show are merchandise and ratings gold. Everything on Monday night currently is consistently #1 in it's demo week after week.

No, it could easily be Ben 10, as you've said it does fit the definition of a beloved show but I was under the impression the toys were still selling and the ratings were strong. Then again, with it being the series out of those three (AT, RS, an B10) to run the longest it could easily be the most expensive to produce and therefore lead to less profit over the years.

No, it could easily be Ben 10, as you've said it does fit the definition of a beloved show but I was under the impression the toys were still selling and the ratings were strong. Then again, with it being the series out of those three (AT, RS, an B10) to run the longest it could easily be the most expensive to produce and therefore lead to less profit over the years.

I really don't know how it's doing compared to other shows in the same slots, I'm much more familiar with the situation of the Monday shows. That whole area of time slots on Saturday morning hasn't exactly been kind to CN shows. After Clone Wars was pulled out from under them by Disney and Young Justice/Green Lantern ended, all effort seems to really be gone from the promotion there.

To me it just makes sense. I love Ben 10 and I really enjoy Omniverse in particular compared to the previous 2 series (Alien Force and Ultimate Alien respectively). The writing and comedy has been much more on point than in a lot of years. It just doesn't seem to have a lot of support down there at 9 on Saturday mornings. You have it backed up against reruns on all angles considering they premiere Teen Titans Go! episodes on Tuesdays first. I think Pokemon might be the only other premiere with it there, looking at the schedule.

Now, this doesn't preclude it from having an audience. Maybe there is more than I'm thinking. I really hope it's not Ben 10, but when you go over the list of things that you'd potentially get rid of, that's the one that hurts the most and yet hurts the least at the same time. AT and Regular Show sell WAY too much merchandise across the spectrum beyond just toys. Steven Universe is brand new, couldn't be considered beloved yet I'd say and is hitting #1 in it's time slot weekly. Uncle Grandpa is in that same boat (unfortunately). Ben 10 has been a powerhouse for CN for years but it DOES feel like it is running out of steam creatively.

I guess no one else liked him, but James slayed me. I love Brak though, so that probably explains it.

Rootbeer guy's episode was so offbeat. And the "dancing" that him and his wife did the night before his new job. whew.

Epcott

Adventure Time seems pretty safe. There was the float on Thanksgiving Day, critical universal acclaim, and I keep seeing Finn's cap just about everywhere. I just watched a kid on my local news playing in the snow wearing one. Besides, after McDuffie's death, Ben 10 has been going downhill.

In a perfect world, Ben 10 would be the "beloved show" that ends, replaced by a more teen-adult Ben 10,000 that would air during Adult Swim's Toonami with animation by Titmouse. Then we can enjoy another 3-4 years of Adventure Time and Regular Show :)

Edit: Guess its not Ben 10, just saw a new ad about a new season of Omniverse.

Sadsic

well Adventure Time already has Season 6 in production, so it has at least another 26 episodes after this season ends, and honestly i feel like that would be enough episodes at that point

Servbot24

Banned
well Adventure Time already has Season 6 in production, so it has at least another 26 episodes after this season ends, and honestly i feel like that would be enough episodes at that point

Not many shows really need to go over 6 seasons, but even so I would prefer that AT continue over any other CN show.

Exotoro

Adventure Time seems pretty safe. There was the float on Thanksgiving Day, critical universal acclaim, and I keep seeing Finn's cap just about everywhere. I just watched a kid on my local news playing in the snow wearing one. Besides, after McDuffie's death, Ben 10 has been going downhill.

In a perfect world, Ben 10 would be the "beloved show" that ends, replaced by a more teen-adult Ben 10,000 that would air during Adult Swim's Toonami with animation by Titmouse. Then we can enjoy another 3-4 years of Adventure Time and Regular Show :)

Most of the "beloved" shows that we've been guessing have been already renewed so I don't think Omniverse is out of the clear yet... really hoping it just ends up being some show nobody really cares about.

"they may be referring to The Annoying Orange, since that one IS listed as a CN original"

found this on the toonzone forums; that's leaving soon so they may be referring to that

Epcott

So is a Steven Universe OT gonna be made? I've really been loving it just as much as AT and RS.

You should make one... Put some graphics and some pew pew lasers and cat fingers in there. DO IT!!!!

I would cry
tears of overwhelming joy
if it's Annoying Orange

A thousand times yes. My older brother gave me Annoying Orange pj's last Christmas. I nearly strangled him.

Popnbake

Yeah, it's definitely not Ben 10:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=93857621&postcount=20

The Ben 10 property has grossed over $2 billion in retail sales in EMEA and has sold 100 million toys worldwide, and seeks to double these numbers by 2015 with the new content and new toy products in development.

I don't know what other "beloved" show the rumor could be referring to that has not been mentioned already.

TheOGB

Banned
From the Adventure Time FB page:

1525057_10152152493708383_857001726_n.png

Finn's all dressed with somewhere to go… BUT WHERE IS IT?? And why's he looking so mighty fancy? Do we hear… WEDDING BELLS in the air?? Find out who's getting hitched when Adventure Time returns with ALL NEW EPISODES on Monday, January 13th, only on Cartoon Network!

sirap

Really hope it's not Adventure Time. I was at the Air event in Singapore and I didn't see any promotion for AT. Plenty of Ben10 posters though :/

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Hello Adventure Time OT. I'm potentially looking for an Adventure Time themed present for my friend. I know absolutely nothing about the show lol. Is there anything particularly unique or awesome that I should look at? Any advice would be appreciated.

Arkos

Female Edit: Normal Show could also possibly work, but I think she likes Adventure Time more

Thanks. Anything that strikes you as particularly cool?

Caveat: I'm not female, but if I were shopping for a female, these would be choices I'd make.

On the hot topic side:

Finn and Jake Slip-On Shoes

AT Character Earrings

Fionna and Cake Earbuds

AT Themed Hot Topic Gift Card - Then you can let her figure it out!

On ThinkGeek side:

Adventure Time Monopoly

AT Ice King and Gunter Pint Glass Set - This is one I really want for myself.

AT Face Pint Glass Set

AT Mystery Dinner Party Pint Glass Set - I want this one too! lol Randy Butternubs

The Adventure Time Encyclopedia

Jake in Pocket Ladies Hoodie - I added this one only because it's on sale. I am always wary of giving clothing as gifts, especially towards females. One wrong size and you're missing a testicle.

Arkos

Awesome I really appreciate it.

Edit: Went with the Face pint glass set, seemed like an easy choice. I don't know if the likes the characters on the more specific glass sets. Should be good I think, thanks again.

Hahahaha I haven't commented because I don't know anything about that biz. I'd imagine that I would have heard something to the effect of it ending if it were true, though?
I do know that Season 6 is in production, and I know that the show makes an absolute killing for Cartoon Network in ratings, merch, comics, etc. I personally cannot fathom Cartoon Network ending it unless there's some clause in the contracts where the creators get a say in when it ends and when it doesn't.

It's a funny dilemma for me because if I had heard something that would confirm either way, I wouldn't know if I should say anything or not because I wouldn't want anyone to get in trouble. Nat and Pen are good friends and I wouldn't want to jeopardize that. I mean I guess it wouldn't hurt to say "AT is safe" because that still leaves their other shows in question, but if it was on the cutting block that would be a big deal to let slip before any official announcement was made.

But, as of right now, I've heard nothing about it ending. It might be and I don't know about it yet, but if it is I haven't heard about it.

Rlan

When I was watching Carton Network on Foxtel over here in Australia you could have mistaken it for the Regular Show and Adventure Time Network.

In though to put it more real terms, Adventure Time will have 150 10 minute episodes by the end of Season 5, making for 75 half hour shows. Most of your favourite shows only ever ran for 65 episodes on Disney, 100 at most.. CN shows: Power Puff Girls had 78, Fosters had 79. Samurai Jack was 52,

Ben 10 is the ultimae exception and allowance of this rule. Ben 10 lasted 52 episodes, Ben 10: Alien Force lasted 46 episodes, Ben 10: Ultimate Alien lasted 52 episodes, and Ben 10: Omniverse is up to 40 episodes. Not many series have 190 episodes (Spongebob does for example), but each series has ben pretty different from each other.

Odoul

I know I complain about do nothing episodes once in awhile but...

That was the best most fucked up ep of this show in some time.

Kuroyume

Banned
There was a new one about a wedding. It was kind of messed up but not in a good way. I hate pretty much any episode with tree trunks as the focal point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom