• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

After Dead Rising, Capcom surveys players if they want more ‘deluxe remasters’

LectureMaster

Gold Member

Capcom asks survey respondents: “Would you like to see more ‘deluxe remaster’ titles like this in the future? (‘Deluxe remasters’ are defined as remasters with improved playability and updated graphics (including new 3D models).)”

If not, the survey asks players whether they’d prefer a full remake over a deluxe remaster, or whether a simple remaster with improved resolution to meet current hardware standards would be sufficient.

dead-rising-deluxe-remaster-c.jpg

Capcom has launched a survey designed to gauge consumer interest in more “deluxe remaster” titles.

The survey was made available to coincide with last week’s release of Dead Rising Deluxe Remaster, which Capcom has billed as “practically a remake” of 2006’s original game.

Powered by its RE Engine, the remaster boasts modern graphics, updated character models, expanded language support, revamped controls, and quality of life improvements like auto-saving.

Capcom asks survey respondents: “Would you like to see more ‘deluxe remaster’ titles like this in the future? (‘Deluxe remasters’ are defined as remasters with improved playability and updated graphics (including new 3D models).)”

If not, the survey asks players whether they’d prefer a full remake over a deluxe remaster, or whether a simple remaster with improved resolution to meet current hardware standards would be sufficient.

Players are also asked if there are there particular series that they’d like to see get the deluxe remaster treatment.

Options available to respondents include Lost Planet, Devil May Cry, Power Stone, Resident Evil, Onimusha, Darkstalkers, and Okami.

Players are also asked whether they want to see more Dead Rising games released, and if so, in what form (deluxe remaster, remake or a brand-new series entry).

Dead Rising Deluxe Remaster’s Standard Edition costs $49.99/£39.99 – £44.99/€49.99, while the game’s Digital Deluxe Edition is priced at $59.99 USD/£49.99/€59.99. Capcom wants to know what players think about this pricing structure too.

dead-rising-deluxe-remaster-b-1024x576.jpg

Puscifer

lol Capcom is just asking this cause they already have like several being made.

Be like "cAuSe yOu aSk fo dIz"
Survey literally asking which to prioritize first lol

Game development takes longer to remake games that to start from scratch on the original so no doubt these are in production on some level

EDMIX

Writes a lot, says very little
Survey literally asking which to prioritize first lol

Game development takes longer to remake games that to start from scratch on the original so no doubt these are in production on some level
Maaaaaaaaaybe

e8bdfef0a1e94b6a5f25babea7cfad91.gif

Or....they already choose and just want to make you feel like you helped decided lol

Jesb

For me it depends on the game. It’s a case by case basis. For RE, remakes are needed. Especially for an older generation. RE2 and 3 had to be remade since those games were really old. I think they need to consider how much a game might make too. Some games it’s more cost effective to do a deluxe remaster. I think the DMC series could definitely benefit from the remaster treatment. Dino Crisis needs the remake treatment. It all depends on the game.

I rather see more new IP’s but this is current generation, so…..

Seriously, I probably wouldn’t mind a few remasters, but I’m afraid Capcom will “modern audience” these games.

GrayChild

I was about to spam them with Haunting Ground requests, but then I started thinking about the rampant censorship that one might undergo.

LMJ

The thing about the censoring in the game is that it's really freaking odd lol

they cut the Viet Cong and Communist line (wouldn't want to offend any commies)
The Larry Yang to Larry move I could understand, not a fan but still somewhat understandable

But the dumbest by far is the Erotica lol, because they keep the sleaziest mission in the game where the lady you saved asks you to take suggestive pics of her...makes no fucking sense, why not cut that part?

at 13.00 FYI

Also, lol I love them removing the panties on the survivors, so now it just looks like the ladies are going commando instead

Last edited:
What are YOU talking about? Did they make anything new? New IP? No. They've just been milking and remaking the same franchises over and over.
Before we continue down this dialogue tree, I need to know if you're going to provide a new perspective or a different answer than what I'm about to expect.

I'm about to post a list of new games that they made and are making (both existing I.P. and new I.P.), but if you do the typical GAF poster thing of saying 'I didn't like these games or don't care about them so they don't count' (which is technically moving a goal post), then I might as well mash X and skip this dialogue all together lol.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
After the needless censorship I don't have any interest in any deluxe remasters. I'll go back to original games if I want to play them. I'd have even accepted a 'problematic' checkbox in the options that you have to opt into, but this erasing the past shit is for the birds.

Before we continue down this dialogue tree, I need to know if you're going to provide a new perspective or a different answer than what I'm about to expect.

I'm about to post a list of new games that they made and are making (both existing I.P. and new I.P.), but if you do the typical GAF poster thing of saying 'I didn't like these games or don't care about them so they don't count' (which is technically moving a goal post), then I might as well mash X and skip this dialogue all together lol.

So you're going to post obscure shit no one really cares. Gotcha. Go ahead, tell me the biggest new IP's they made and are making. If you'e going to say Kunitsu, Exoprimal(lol) or shit from 20 years ago you can just not bother. Existing franchises dont count.

Last edited:
So you're going to post obscure shit no one really cares. Gotcha. Go ahead, tell me the biggest new IP's they made and are making. If you'e going to say Kunitsu, Exoprimal(lol) or shit from 20 years ago you can just not bother. Existing franchises dont count.
As expected, thank you for making this easy for me, because deep down I didn’t really feel like posting links and lists right now anyway lol.

quick-time-event-qte.gif

Carry on.

As expected, thank you for making this easy for me, because deep down I didn’t really feel like posting links and lists right now anyway lol.

quick-time-event-qte.gif

Carry on.

So you had nothing lmao. Cmon, its not like either of us cant look shit up. They've been doing the same franchises for the past 10 years and have made only 1 or two obscure games with low budget and a massive flop like Exoprimal. They have nothing new or big announced upcoming which was my point so stop the drama.

Robb

Gold Member
lol Capcom is just asking this cause they already have like several being made.

Be like "cAuSe yOu aSk fo dIz"
Wouldn’t surprise me tbh.

Iirc Nintendo sent out a survey about the Mario RPG games less than a year ago as well and here we are with a TTYD remake and a new Mario and Luigi RPG about to release in November. They were obviously just sitting on those titles.

Last edited:

Cao Cao

Some guys at Capcom must have some censoring fetish. Probably drooling over themselves what to censor next.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Can you make new games instead? New IP? No? Cool, then at least dont censor your remakes.
They just put out Kunitsu-Gami and Exoprimal but no one seemed to care about either. Meanwhile an inferior version of RE4 gets constantly referenced as GOTY. I blame consumers. This is what they want.

Last edited:

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
(‘Deluxe remasters’ are defined as remasters with improved playability and updated graphics (including new 3D models).)”

Isn't that just a normal remaster? Now it's called 'deluxe'?

Top Bottom