• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alanah Pearce wants to address the situational "kid disability" problem a lot of players have.

Nobody is forcing you to think with your penis.

Thank God it still thinks for itself.

Animated GIF

Last edited:

Doczu

Who the fuck plays a From or MH game when they have kids around?

Ffs put your kids to bed and then play games that require your full attention.

how are you guys are so easily falling for bait? same trick she's been using in an attempt to stay relevant

- say something stupid or controversial
- people talk more about her tits
- "omg dont talk about my tits. I'm trying to be serious"

rinse and repeat
Lol, I think you might be right.

Last edited:

justiceiro

Marlboro: Other M
Sounds like someone wants to come up with a term to hide that she wants games to be easier during her PMS.

Idiots here will clown her as if her argument is baseless. But Playstation has done exactly this.

Futaleufu

The whole point of a Dark Souls game is that there are no safespots, except when you are resting in a bonfire.

Being close to a bonfire, then it suddenly going off because of a incoming invasion is a great gaming moment.

You could also use the mimic spell to camouflage into the scenery if you want to take a bathroom/kitchen break.

Shut0wen

Banned
Why are people giving this cunt any attention, as someone who has kids like play games when there in bed problem solved

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
It’s a dumb term but not being able to pause single player games is just stupid.

It’s part of the problem with making everything a lame MMO.

demonstr8

Banned
This thread delivered lol.
Anyway, the obvious response is spend time with your kids when they're awake and play games when they're asleep if you must. I played through FFVII Rebirth, Infinite Wealth and Unicorns Overlord with a newborn and halfway through SMTVVengeance while also training 3 times a week. You just have to cut down your gaming time for a few years at most - it's not a big deal. Simply a typical Alanah bimbo take.

Tams

There is nothing wrong with what she is saying. Why do you feel the need to make this into something bad? Games should be pausable in most cases. Even a sneeze or doorbell could require a break. Kids is just an example where there is a constant chance of a needed interruption. Developers that don't consider this are fucking assholes.

Then just say, 'All single player games should be pausable'. Add in a caveat that developers trying to increase difficulty/challenge should be given a pass.

Don't whine about parental responsibilities and claim you have a 'disability'. It makes you look like a bad parent and that you're claiming to be disabled (and yes, she clearly was going for that imagery of an actually disabled person, otherwise she wouldn't have phrased it that way).

Madflavor

Gold Member
Apparently this is a real term that companies use? It’s so bizarre seeing people refer to being a parent as a disability.

But Alanah is right in that there’s no reason to not have a pause button in single player games. It’s not just kids that can be a bother. I lost count how many times I died in a FromSoftware game because I aggroed my wife.

unlurkified

Yes.
It is a correct term in this situation, and has nothing to do with calling having kids a disability or some nonsense like that.

So technically correct.
But... it's a problematic term to use in practice, for the other meaning of the word "disability" and because people have regressed so far mentally that they have become incapable of reason in many instances.
Getting so triggered by the use of a single word that the rest of the context just disappears from someone's mind is peak online discourse in 2024.
I don’t think anyone’s arguing about whether or not it’s terminology that’s actually used. It’s just the ridiculousness of using that word for a context like that. It just smacks of the fashionableness now of using words like ‘disability’ or ‘vulnerable’ or the like. It’s just lame and peeps are rightfully making fun of it.

Denorion

The whole point of a Dark Souls game is that there are no safespots, except when you are resting in a bonfire.

Being close to a bonfire, then it suddenly going off because of a incoming invasion is a great gaming moment.

You could also use the mimic spell to camouflage into the scenery if you want to take a bathroom/kitchen break.
Its not, it's because of the way From software games implement multiplayer features, the proof is that Sekiro, the one game that doesn't have those, has a pause function

The problem is that from software isn't capable of implenting a pause function in their engine when a player is in the offline mode or playing alone (something that Borderlands 1 managed to do just fine in 2008)

EverydayBeast

ChatGPT 0.1
Alanah Pearce had hundreds of people watch her IGN fix performances we all remember how it ended, I really do think social media is a problem right now everyone has a platform.

TheSHEEEP

Gold Member
I don’t think anyone’s arguing about whether or not it’s terminology that’s actually used. It’s just the ridiculousness of using that word for a context like that. It just smacks of the fashionableness now of using words like ‘disability’ or ‘vulnerable’ or the like. It’s just lame and peeps are rightfully making fun of it.
Look at this very thread.
Most of the people upset are exactly taking offence with "calling kids a disability".

Disability or vulnerable aren't "fashionable" words, either. What planet do you live on?

TheSHEEEP

Gold Member
I… ummm. Is this a joke?
Why would it? Where have you seen those words being thrown around like some fashion?
They are very clearly defined words, I don't even see how they could be used like it's a fashion, unless just plain used in a wrong way - but I don't see that anywhere.
I see wrong interpretations of the usage - but that's just people being stupid, nothing to blame those for who use the words according to their definitions.

Last edited:
Top Bottom