• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alec Baldwin Kills Cinematographer Halyna Hutchins With Real Gun

Thaedolus

Again,

Official Warrant Reveals Alec Baldwin Was Unknowingly Handed A Weapon With Live Rounds On The Set Of Rust

"While Baldwin has been the face of this tragedy, it's not the actor's responsibility to know if they have been handed a "hot gun" on set. There are typically many stages of inspection each firearm has to go through before it reaches an actor's hands whenever any blank is to be fired in a scene."

You’re just repeating this guy’s opinion:
CoXj7ml.png

Sorry, I’m going off the experts’ description of standard safety practices on sets, not his.

KrakenIPA

Ridiculous analogy. You know that right? This can’t possibly be serious.

You’re comparing someone telling you they are handing you a loaded gun vs someone being told they are being given a “safe” gun.

Get serious.

I encourage any single person saying Baldwin had zero responsibility here to go read basic level gun safety protocols you need to know to handle any sort of gun. Notice I said handle.

You’re just showing your complete ignorance to suggest anything different. I’m not saying the guy is “guilty” of anything, nor do I care about the guy at all one way or another. But this is basic stuff and simply the reality of it all.
I don't want to disparage StreetsofBeige experience, nor make light of the tragedy at hand, but I honestly did not expect 'Vegas shooting range-litmus test' to enter the conversation here. I'm gonna break for a bit.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
According to industry protocols, the actor must witness how the expert check out and clear the prop gun. Why do you guys keep ignoring this?
That makes zero difference for safety, as the assumption is the actor knows what's going on with the gun master.

That would be like me watching a guy fix my furnace thinking I know what's going on and verifying if he did it right - which I wouldn't.

///PATRIOT

Banned
Tell us how the world works in which a tourist is responsible for a fuck up when the person giving the gun to the tourist is the expert? If you going on a flight, are you going outside and checking so the fuel is good, the tail rudders are good and the tires are OK before flying?
You basically torpedo your own argument.
IF You're a pilot, the person who OPERATES the airplane, you're required by law doing some pre-checkups of the equipment, not the passenger.

Like other poster said. Your hung up on this thing is the context of an actor, but in reality, guns are not toys and everyone who picks up a gun no matter the context are liable by law.
Where do you read there are exceptions for this for actors and people from the movie industry?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Some clowns decided to show up in this thread, out of their league.

mAn hOlDiNg fIrEaRm nOt rEsPoNsIbLe fOr fIrEaRm sAfEtY cUz aIrPlAnEs gO bRrRrRrRrRr

jean yves drool GIF by Charlie Mars

Even though the rules and experts have stated the firearm safety 101 still applies on sets, over and over and over, but… oPiNiOnS tHo

Last edited:

Dr Bass

How is it ridiculous?

There's a million movies with people shooting at each other with pistols, machine guns, you name it. Or the typical scene where a guy puts a pistol to someone's head to freak them out with a click and nothing happens. Or Arnie blasting people with a machine gun from 10 ft away.

So the expectation is before every shoot out scene, the actors have to open it up to verify the ammo in it? Thats what gun experts should be for. They do the safety checks.

How do you expect a typical actor or actress opening up a gun to know whether or not what's loaded in it is safe or not?
You keep using actor like it means the person is an idiot. Gun safety is not that complicated and you’re completely ignoring everything people are saying here.

I told you why your analogy was ridiculous and that stands. The same goes for some others making absolutely moronic analogies about passengers in planes being responsible for wheels and such. Not even close to similar. People should be embarrassed.

Again. Go read ANYTHING on gun safety. There are basic rules to HANDLE any gun. If you’re an “actor” that’s handed any sort of potentially live gun you are culpable to some degree if you pull the trigger and something goes wrong. Once that gun is IN. YOUR. HANDS. You have responsibility for it. So yeah you need to check it.

Just go do a modicum of reading on this. Please. You’re just showing your ass.

DapperSloth

You’re just repeating this guy’s opinion:
CoXj7ml.png

Sorry, I’m going off the experts’ description of standard safety practices on sets, not his.

What is this, some ResetEra gotcha with the picture you took and all? Who fucking cares, I agree with the guy, if you are handed a gun, where multiple people deemed it safe for you to use it, it is never the actors fault, so get outta here with that shit.

I wouldn't be so trusting on "experts description of standard safety practices on sets", when clearly experts give you a loaded gun.

The same goes for some others making absolutely moronic analogies about passengers in planes being responsible for wheels and such. Not even close to similar. People should be embarrassed.

I stand by what I said and what I meant with that analogy. Even if it isn't 100% translateable to your post it doesn't make my analogy moronic, but you do you I guess.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
As long as Baldwin used the gun properly as directed (ie. gun master says dont shoot it 2 ft from someones face), then you cant blame Baldwin. If a wrong kind of round or blank shot out of it, thats the gun master's fault for loading in the wrong one, or putting one in there when it should be empty.

You keep using actor like it means the person is an idiot. Gun safety is not that complicated and you’re completely ignoring everything people are saying here.

I told you why your analogy was ridiculous and that stands. The same goes for some others making absolutely moronic analogies about passengers in planes being responsible for wheels and such. Not even close to similar. People should be embarrassed.

Again. Go read ANYTHING on gun safety. There are basic rules to HANDLE any gun. If you’re an “actor” that’s handed any sort of potentially live gun you are culpable to some degree if you pull the trigger and something goes wrong. Once that gun is IN. YOUR. HANDS. You have responsibility for it. So yeah you need to check it.

Just go do a modicum of reading on this. Please. You’re just showing your ass.
Maybe if you read my post before, you'd understand.

If Baldwin was doing something dumb with it, then ya, go blame him all you want. But if he used it in proper protocol, you cant blame an actor expecting him to be some expert ballistics guy.

Anything to do with watching a gun guy load it or knowing the diff between live or balnks rounds etc.... that's on the gun master's shoulders to do it properly and tell the actors what to do and dont do based on what he set up with the guns.

jason10mm

Gold Member
LOL at you guys who think Alec Baldwin was some actor noob. The guy was in The Shadow for chrissakes, he fired a million rounds in that picture. Do you really think he doesn't know how to safe check a firearm for blanks versus live rounds???? I Dont recall if he shoots anyone in the Mission Impossible series but he was certainly around guns in them, again, he KNOWS the safety protocols. There is no way he should have cocked a revolver and pointed it at some people and pulled the trigger on set. NO WAY. He dun fucked up.

DapperSloth

You basically torpedo your own argument.
IF You're a pilot, the person who OPERATES the airplane, you're required by law doing some pre-checkups of the equipment, not the passenger.

Like other poster said. Your hung up on this thing is the context of an actor, but in reality, guns are not toys and everyone who picks up a gun no matter the context are liable by law.
Where do you read there are exceptions for this for actors and people from the movie industry?

Lol I'm not really good at getting on text what I think and typing the right sorts of analogy. But ok, forget the airplane then, lets go for the mechanic instead. Should I check if my brake cables are not leaking while driving after just having a checkup in the mechanic workshop? Is that analogy better for you now?

Thaedolus

What is this, some ResetEra gotcha with the picture you took and all? Who fucking cares, I agree with the guy, if you are handed a gun, where multiple people deemed it safe for you to use it, it is never the actors fault, so get outta here with that shit.

I’m just pointing out that the quote you keep going to as some sort of authoritative opinion on the subject at hand is a fucking entertainment writer’s, not a firearm safety expert whose job this is and whose descriptions contradict said entertainment writer’s opinion on the matter. So maybe you get out of here with this amateur bullshit

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
LOL at you guys who think Alec Baldwin was some actor noob. The guy was in The Shadow for chrissakes, he fired a million rounds in that picture. Do you really think he doesn't know how to safe check a firearm for blanks versus live rounds???? I Dont recall if he shoots anyone in the Mission Impossible series but he was certainly around guns in them, again, he KNOWS the safety protocols. There is no way he should have cocked a revolver and pointed it at some people and pulled the trigger on set. NO WAY. He dun fucked up.
But you don’t understand, actors are “special,” And exempt from any safety while holding a firearm even though it was proven otherwise time and time again in this thread through rules, professionals, and firsthand experiences on movie sets.

Hierarchy and hero worship with cognitive dissonance bigotry of low expectations of a certain social cast of people.

What if the actor is shooting a full magazine of blanks for a scene? Is (s)he supposed to check every single round in the mag? Depending on the type of gun, it could be dozens of rounds that have to be checked. That would take enough actions and time to introduce new opportunities for unsafe situations, no?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
What if the actor is shooting a full magazine of blanks for a scene? Is (s)he supposed to check every single round in the mag? Depending on the type of gun, it could be dozens of rounds that have to be checked. That would take enough actions and time to introduce new opportunities for unsafe situations, no?
Yes, they are supposed to be there when the props department is loading the gun in front of them, they are supposed to dry fire the weapon prior and watch the magazine get loaded and inserted into the weapon.

These have been the rules since the Brandon Lee incident. There has been a huge safety breakdown on that set with dangerous conditions where workers voiced their concerns and walked out.

You would think tighter restrictions would have been enacted when earlier in the week his stunt double had two misfires on a supposed “cold weapon,” yet here we are.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Lol I'm not really good at getting on text what I think and typing the right sorts of analogy. But ok, forget the airplane then, lets go for the mechanic instead. Should I check if my brake cables are not leaking while driving after just having a checkup in the mechanic workshop? Is that analogy better for you now?
Yup.

People just want to dump on a celeb instead of blaming whomever were the gun prop guys for fucking up. But you never know, maybe the real deal is everyone knew it were real bullets and Baldwin was goofing around shooting like an idiot and hit someone by accident. Nobody knows the real story.

But as I said, as long as Baldwin followed protocols, but the reason for the shooting was someone accidentally (or on purpose?) handed him a live loaded gun to do the scene, you cant blame Baldwin. You cant expect the guy to open the gun and verify each bullet whether it's real or not. You got to have some trust in people and go with what they say to do.

That's why you get product recalls and lawsuits. You don't blame the person if there's a fuck up if the person properly listened to usage direction. Blame goes to the person/company giving the direction. Now if the user was messing around doing dumb shit on their own, thats different.

Yes, they are supposed to be there when the props department is loading the gun in front of them, they are supposed to dry fire the weapon prior and watch the magazine get loaded and inserted into the weapon.
Okay, so it's more like the actor needs to be present when the prop is prepared to ensure it is done correctly.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

These have been the rules since the Brandon Lee incident. There has been a huge safety breakdown on that set with dangerous conditions where workers voiced their concerns and walked out.

You would think tighter restrictions would have been enacted when earlier in the week his stunt double had two misfires on a supposed “cold weapon,” yet here we are.
And actors watching a guy load a gun is supposed to know looking at the bullets whether they are real or blanks?

daveonezero

Banned
And actors watching a guy load a gun is supposed to know looking at the bullets whether they are real or blanks?
if the risk is being negligent and killing someone I think taking the time knowledge to know the difference is worth it but what do I know.

actors use prop guns more than me. I am no expert on the matter but I’d be checking them or figuring out if it is going to injur or kill someone if a few people made a oversight before I could catch the mistake.

having live rounds on a crowded set anywhere near a firearm is a risk. I think it would be worthwhile knowledge for everyone in on the set to know the difference. Especially if they are firing blanks.

lots of gun enthusiast who train do exercises called Dry Fire with dummy rounds. A lot of the time they do it daily.

they ensure that no live rounds are in the same room when doing this as mistakes happen and negligence can be avoided.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Yes. They are supposed to have training sessions, sometimes multiple times a day. I’ve been a part of them, countless movies have them. Alec Baldwin is not a noob, but his production has been operated unsafely and negligent as more reports come out as to why workers walked out.

They walked out due to safety concerns with the firearms. No actual ball ammo is supposed to be on set either. That is another strict rule.

DapperSloth

I’m just pointing out that the quote you keep going to as some sort of authoritative opinion on the subject at hand is a fucking entertainment writer’s, not a firearm safety expert whose job this is and whose descriptions contradict said entertainment writer’s opinion on the matter. So maybe you get out of here with this amateur bullshit

HOW can you get, me quoting the guys opinions, is seen as some "authoritative opinion" from me? I read it, agreed, and quoted it to others. Does not make me an amateur, I just agree that there are multiple people who should do a checkup before giving you a gun. And since you bring up the experts description on firearms safety on the set, maybe you can tell us what their job is then. I really want to know.

///PATRIOT

Banned
Do you understand that people can still get killed by blanks? That's why according to protocol you should never point the prop at other person?

Did you know countless of people has killed or been killed because it was thought, told, expected that the gun was clear?

Last edited:
You cant expect the guy to open the gun and verify each bullet whether it's real or not.
Yes you can. Because it’s a gun. When someone hands you a potentially deadly weapon, you are totally responsible for it. Again, this is firearms 101. You don’t take anyone else’s word on it. This isn’t an airplane or brake lines. It’s a gun. Anyone who has seen blanks will recognize them immediately. If a 30 second look at the ammunition is what it takes to keep shit like this from happening, it’s not too much to expect an actor to do it. Because at the end of the line, he’s holding the gun.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
If that's the case, 1000s of movies have been doing it wrong with people shooting each other.
No they actually don’t. Any hot gun is pointed away, using camera angles and quick cuts.

Gas guns which fire no ammo are used in scenes like John Wick and Equilibrium, and the muzzle blast is added post production.

You all really need to read this thread before commenting. This shit HAS BEEN COVERED already.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
No they actually don’t. Any hot gun is pointed away, using camera angles and quick cuts.

Gas guns which fire no ammo are used in scenes like John Wick and Equilibrium, and the muzzle blast is added post production.

You all really need to read this thread before commenting. This shit HAS BEEN COVERED already.
If Baldwin knew it was a loaded gun with real ammo, pretty sure he wouldnt be shooting at people. However it seems he didnt know. That's on the gun master to make sure it's right.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
I know I wouldnt. Can you tell by looking at the back of these blanks whether it's real or not?

38-9MMBCM_50_1K__81795.1580160844.jpg
Not even a little bit. If I saw the backs of those in a revolver cylinder and a professional told me they were blanks I would take his word for it. Especially if I had done this scenario about a thousand times before. Not a second thought.

Once again not an excuse. Just an explanation.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
If Baldwin knew it was a loaded gun with real ammo, pretty sure he wouldnt be shooting at people. However it seems he didnt know. That's on the gun master to make sure it's right.
My fuck. Bro, just read ALL of my posts in here. It had been covered. It is just as much HIS responsibility as it is the weapons master/armorer. You also don’t point any firearm at anyone that has the potential for live ammo.

It’s firearm safety 101 that the film industry isn’t exempt from. Firearm safety from a gun that can potentially fire a hot cartridge, does not stop at the weapons master, it stops at who’s holding the gun in their hand. YOU NEVER ASSUME, less be negligent.

As I said, read all my posts, I provided receipts from experts, from people in Hollywood, and first-hand experience from working on film sets myself. These are not “opinions” or airplane analogies.

Last edited:

Kimahri

Banned
Some clowns decided to show up in this thread, out of their league.

mAn hOlDiNg fIrEaRm nOt rEsPoNsIbLe fOr fIrEaRm sAfEtY cUz aIrPlAnEs gO bRrRrRrRrRr

jean yves drool GIF by Charlie Mars

Even though the rules and experts have stated the firearm safety 101 still applies on sets, over and over and over, but… oPiNiOnS tHo
You're clearly knowledgable about this stuff, so would you mind explaining protocols for making sure actors know what basic gun safety is?

I mean, I live in a country where basically nobody have guns. I wouldn't know what to do with a gun outside of pointing and pulling a trigger. If I was hired to act in a movie with guns I'd be 100% dependent on thr gun people to teach me what I need to know.

I wouldn't even know how to open the clip or check if safety is on. I'm green, and I have nevwr touched a gun since I've never had a reason to.

How do you make sure I know how to handle the prop on a movie?

I'm sure Baldwin has handled guns previously, but I'm asking generally here.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community

People flat out do not understand how guns are used on sets - keep throwing terms like rounds, live rounds, and such when actual rounds are not used and as tragically demonstrated, blanks can kill.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
You're clearly knowledgable about this stuff, so would you mind explaining protocols for making sure actors know what basic gun safety is?

I mean, I live in a country where basically nobody have guns. I wouldn't know what to do with a gun outside of pointing and pulling a trigger. If I was hired to act in a movie with guns I'd be 100% dependent on thr gun people to teach me what I need to know.

I wouldn't even know how to open the clip or check if safety is on. I'm green, and I have nevwr touched a gun since I've never had a reason to.

How do you make sure I know how to handle the prop on a movie?

I'm sure Baldwin has handled guns previously, but I'm asking generally here.
Search all my posts in this thread, there have been plenty of receipts that I provided. I’m not going to retype them again.

Nobody_Important

This thread is just off the rails at this point. I will wait for the official investigation to end and see what they find. I will wait and see if the actual experts decide if Baldwin is guilty of criminal negligence or not. I will wait to see if the investigation finds why there were live rounds on set, why they were loaded into the gun by an "expert" and why so many people failed Mrs. Hutchins and Baldwin in this tragedy.

The classic forum games of Internet Lawyer and Internet Detective gets old after a while and it has reached that point for me. It's just gotten to the point of people shouting their opinions at each other rather than anyone discussing anything of note. I wanna know what the real safety experts and the facts have to say about the situation at this point. So I am out until we get new info.

Kimahri

Banned
Search all my posts in this thread, there have been plenty of receipts that I provided. I’m not going to retype them again.
I've seen your posts, but all I could see regarding actora was that actors have final responsibility. I couldn't see anything about how you make sure actors are qualified to even check the gun is safe.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
My fuck. Bro, just read ALL of my posts in here. It had been covered. It is just as much HIS responsibility as it is the weapons master/armorer. You also don’t point any firearm at anyone that has the potential for live rounds.

It’s firearm safety 101 that the film industry isn’t exempt from. Firearm safety from a gun that can potentially fire a hot round, does not stop at the weapons master, it stops at who’s holding the gun in their hand. YOU NEVER ASSUME, less be negligent.

As I said, read all my posts, I provided receipts from experts, from people in Hollywood, and first-hand experience from working on film sets myself. These are “opinions” or airplane analogies.
Dont really care what Hollywood says about guns. To me, it's on the prop guy to ensure the gun is safe to use, not the actor. And someone messed up with what seems like real bullets loaded into it.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
This thread is just off the rails at this point. I will wait for the official investigation to end and see what they find. I will wait and see if the actual experts decide if Baldwin is guilty of criminal negligence or not. I will wait to see if the investigation finds why there were live rounds on set, why they were loaded into the gun by an "expert" and why so many people failed Mrs. Hutchins and Baldwin in this tragedy.

The classic forum games of Internet Lawyer and Internet Detective gets old after a while and it has reached that point for me. It's just gotten to the point of people shouting their opinions at each other rather than anyone discussing anything of note. I wanna know what the real safety experts and the facts have to say about the situation at this point. So I am out until we get new info.
Someone said above in the past page or two that Hutchins might be potentially negligent too. I don't know how that would be possible if she's innocent just standing there.

Nobody_Important

Someone said above in the past page or two that Hutchins might be potentially negligent too. I don't know how that would be possible if she's innocent just standing there.
She is the last person I would blame in this incident. The ultimate criminal liability in all of this in my opinion as someone from the outside looking in lies with the Prop Master/Armorer and possibly the other safety officials on set if there were any.

But like I said I am going to wait for the official investigation to end and for more information before I go any further in the thread.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I've seen your posts, but all I could see regarding actora was that actors have final responsibility. I couldn't see anything about how you make sure actors are qualified to even check the gun is safe.
Movie sets hold safety meetings for all those who are handling firearms on set. Sometimes multiple times a day. With the movie Pawn, 90% of it was shot at night. We filmed from 11pm to midnight to about 4-5am every single night.

The 2am to 4am time slot were the brief outdoor scenes since most of it was shot in a diner. Actually, and old Friendly’s ice cream and food restaurant that were popular in the Northeast. Converted for the film.

We held safety meetings each and ever day when there were firearms to be used. The actors and crew were all present. In between each take, the actor and extras handling the firearms were there to dry fire, and then to watch the loading of the firearm before hit off to them. Checks and balances.

Most of the background extras were handed rubber Glocks, and the real local law enforcement SWAT members used as extras in the outdoor scene had sniper rifles work the firing pin removed.

Actors are not ignorant to this on set. They are every bit a part of those meetings, trained if needed, and present for the loading and exchange. These rules were put into place post The Crow with the Brandon Lee accident.

Alec Baldwin is NO AMATEUR, he has been in many films where firearms have been used. What does seem concerning, was that many workers complained about the lack of safety standards around the firearms on a film he is producing, and have walked off the set due to that.

With all of this said, the universal standard is to NEVER point a firearm, wether it be a prop gun with blanks or squibs at anyone on the set or in scene. You use camera angles and cuts to make the viewer think that’s what happens.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Movie sets hold safety meetings for all those who are handling firearms on set. Sometimes multiple times a day. With the movie Pawn, 90% of it was shot at night. We filmed from 11pm to midnight to about 4-5am every single night.

The 2am to 4am time slot were the brief outdoor scenes since most of it was shot in a diner. Actually, and old Friendly’s ice cream and food restaurant that were popular in the Northeast. Converted for the film.

We held safety meetings each and ever day when there were firearms to be used. The actors and crew were all present. In between each take, the actor and extras handling the firearms were there to dry fire, and then to watch the loading of the firearm before heading it off to them. Checks and balances.

Most of the background extras were handed rubber Glocks, and the real law local enforcement SWAT members used as extras in the outdoor scene had sniper rifles work the firing pin removed.

Actors are not ignorant to this on set. They are every bit a part of those meetings, trained if needed, and present for the loading and exchange. These rules were put into place post The Crow with the Brandon Lee accident.

Alec Baldwin is NO AMATEUR, he has been in many films where firearms have been used. What does seem concerning, was that many workers complained about the lack of safety standards around the firearms on a film he is producing, and have walked off the set due to that.
Sounds like your industry is putting too much time and effort into this.

If the guns used were fakes to begin with (you even mentioned gas powered ones, and recent movies have cgi to fake it), you wouldnt need to have all these processes with ammo.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Sounds like your industry is putting too much time and effort into this.

If the guns used were fakes to begin with (you even mentioned gas powered ones, and recent movies have cgi to fake it), you wouldnt need to have all these processes with ammo.
Westerns with single action are more tricky and thus rely on practical effects. Not the same as a semi auto that can be done easier with scenes from John Wick as example.

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

Like why are those bullits not red or something.
That was my first reaction. Blew my fucking mind to find out that blanks have an identical look to a live round beyond the tip. Especially when you have an entire industry built around western movies that almost exclusively use revolvers where the tips of the bullets are not visible unless you remove the rounds. Put a black mark or something on the back of each round ffs. Would take 2 seconds.

Because as far as I can tell someone who is not familiar with guns would not be able to tell the difference unless they completely unloaded and reloaded the gun and even then there are apparently blanks made to look like real bullets?

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
That was my first reaction. Blew my fucking mind to find out that blanks have an identical look to a live round beyond the tip. Especially when you have an entire industry built around western movies that almost exclusively use revolvers where the tips of the bullets are not visible unless you remove the rounds. Put a black mark or something on the back of each round ffs. Would take 2 seconds.
Blanks can still kill if there is some obstruction in the barrel. There is no evidence at this time that ball ammo was used. That is what we have to wait on.

Kimahri

Banned

We held safety meetings each and ever day when there were firearms to be used. The actors and crew were all present. In between each take, the actor and extras handling the firearms were there to dry fire, and then to watch the loading of the firearm before hit off to them. Checks and balances.

Most of the background extras were handed rubber Glocks, and the real local law enforcement SWAT members used as extras in the outdoor scene had sniper rifles work the firing pin removed.

With all of this said, the universal standard is to NEVER point a firearm, wether it be a prop gun with blanks or squibs at anyone on the set or in scene. You use camera angles and cuts to make the viewer think that’s what happens.
Thank you, that puts a much clearer light on how this works, so I really appreciate you taking the time to explain it.

I wonder when we'll get to know what went down.

Nobody_Important

Blanks can still kill if there is some obstruction in the barrel. There is no evidence at this time that ball ammo was used. That is what we have to wait on.

The gun was one of three that the film's armorer, Hannah Gutierrez, had set on a cart outside the building where a scene was being acted, according to the records. Halls grabbed the gun from the cart and brought it inside to Baldwin, unaware that it was loaded with live rounds, a detective wrote in the search warrant application.

This was by all accounts a fuck up of the highest order by the armorer/prop master.

Last edited:

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community

No, but because people misunderstand and misreport that shit, today at a friend's dinner one said he read they removed a bullet from the guy who survived.

Last edited:

///PATRIOT

Banned
So no safety check with the actor.

What a sad series of events. It wasn't one thing that failed for sure.

This was by all accounts a fuck up of the highest order by the armorer/prop master.
It always was a given since they were the first line of defense but that doesn't take away responsibility from others too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom