• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aliens and UFOs

Status
Not open for further replies.

StormCell

Well lets make this assertion:

What defines a God as a God? What constitutes the being as a God? Onmipotence?
There are various meanings behind the word god depending on context. I wouldn't call any of these beings a god but I am prepared to accept that they may operate and/or function in ways that only a very advanced understanding of physics could explain. If we find out that they have been serving an active role in the functions of our civilization and planet, then I don't see how you would keep from giving them the crowning title of being a god. A mortal god, possibly, assuming it can be killed.

StormCell

I think the idea of God, if true, is very different than what we could ever imagine. It probably started as a form of technology that we could understand and has evolved over billions of years into something that we could only describe as magic. That's assuming it has any relation at all to what we know today. All speculation because I'll never know and even if my brain was 10x more capable than it currently is, I probably still wouldn't comprehend it.
You're sounding more and more like one of those people who is convinced that all of reality randomly got to this point.

Romulus

You're sounding more and more like one of those people who is convinced that all of reality randomly got to this point.

I think you missed the last part of my post where I said I had no idea. Literally go out of my way to make that point that I don't know. lol

INC

Oh look another potential physics break through, a new force

But but but physics cant change tho......we already know everything.......

Now im not saying this is the case, but its more the point, to just flat out say everything is set in stone and we are all knowing, is a pretty arrogant stance to hold, in life and especially in science.

So again our current understanding of the law of physics can change

Romulus

Now im not saying this is the case, but its more the point, to just flat out say everything is set in stone and we are all knowing, is a pretty arrogant stance to hold, in life and especially in science.

And whatever breakthrough happens because of this, these 'rules' will also be bent, broken, or rewritten I'm sure within another 10,000 years.

Last edited:

StormCell

At some point in our lives, we mastered a + b = c and a - b = d and we understood those properties extended to all objects, but then we began to explore and broaden our understanding of the foundations of math and eventually realized that our most basic mathematical concepts that we had mastered are far more complicated in proof and aren't as basic or widely applicable as we once thought. What even is 1 of anything?

V4skunk

Banned

I'm thinking this ufo tech is the US Navy's.
No way the Navy would let a drone buzz a war ship with out trying to blow it out of the sky.

INC

I'm thinking this ufo tech is the US Navy's.
No way the Navy would let a drone buzz a war ship with out trying to blow it out of the sky.

Unless they couldnt lock on, its already been claimed they actively jammed other jets from locking

I've seen one on my back deck for the past 2 years. Always at night, usually around 9pm.

Looks like a small dot, like a satellite. But its lower in altitude, in between helicopter and normal airplane altitude.

It then flashes BRIGHTLY one time like its taking a picture, bright white LED looking. Brighter than anything in the sky. Then dims back down and moves slowly out of sight.

I've assumed its some kind of surveillance drone.

StormCell

I've seen one on my back deck for the past 2 years. Always at night, usually around 9pm.

Looks like a small dot, like a satellite. But its lower in altitude, in between helicopter and normal airplane altitude.

It then flashes BRIGHTLY one time like its taking a picture, bright white LED looking. Brighter than anything in the sky. Then dims back down and moves slowly out of sight.

I've assumed its some kind of surveillance drone.
As of right now, the best footage of a UAP I've seen came from an amateur drone operator who was flying his drone and noticed a 2-second blip that was an object soaring past his drone at incredible speed. The video was studied, analyzed, and plotted in 3D and is very compelling evidence of a drone technology that can have drones zipping around at speeds too fast to be noticed and without rotors or blades that would make incredible noise.

Not saying it's aliens. Just accepting that there are objects zipping around nearly undetectable to common people.

Romulus

81xuz4iiour61.png

The color image is from an Iphone that a F-18 gunner took from the backseat from their fighter from a separate event. Notice how the shape is compared to the now-famous Gimbal video in the IR.

Boba Fett? Seriously though, the shape is fucking weird and doesn't make sense from an aerodynamic perspective.

Last edited:

Romulus

Kinda of reminds me of something crazy like that, but the difference is aerodynamics. Flight of the Navigator etc and pretty much all the alien vehicles we design for movies are aerodynamic looking, but the actual images aren't at all. Saucers, tic tacs are the opposite.

StormCell

Kinda of reminds me of something crazy like that, but the difference is aerodynamics. Flight of the Navigator etc and pretty much all the alien vehicles we design for movies are aerodynamic looking, but the actual images aren't at all. Saucers, tic tacs are the opposite.
Craft don't need to be aerodynamic if they aren't primarily traveling through air.

Last edited:

StormCell

And if they have a different way of traveling when they do. I mean no sonic booms=no resistance?
That is presumably so.

Another consideration...
If a tree falls in the woods but no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

If you shine a light at a backdrop with 3 slits cut out of it but no one is watching, does the light pass through all 3 slits?

When I walk away from a group of friends, do they fully derender?

Okay, some of this I'm just kidding...

Last edited:

GAMETA

Banned
And if they have a different way of traveling when they do. I mean no sonic booms=no resistance?
There's talking about how gravitational fields could bend spacetime and make you travel without resistance or absolutely any force on your craft and its inside.

Spacetime would be bending past you, that includes everything there is, so, theoretically, you could even pass through solid/liquid matter without resistance.

Romulus

There's talking about how gravitational fields could bend spacetime and make you travel without resistance or absolutely any force on your craft and its inside.

Spacetime would be bending past you, that includes everything there is, so, theoretically, you could even pass through solid/liquid matter without resistance.

When I read this, my immediate reaction is to call bullshit but I know it's just I'm limited by the era that I live in.

StormCell

lol, I just rarely think of those things I guess. I think it all "works" even when we're not watching.

Right, and that is the consideration. If a moving object accelerates beyond the speed of sound and no one is around to observe it, what actually happens? Moreover, if these beings have figured out a way to harness this other state (observer-less state "bubble") then maybe they don't make a sonic boom and maybe they don't create a splash or a ripple when entering water.

I don't think this is the explanation as I'm pretty sure that most of these only exhibit normal (non-spooky) behavior, but that's the kind of open-minded thinking that I'm about. Things don't always do what you think they do when you're not watching. lol

That's a fact.

Last edited:

Winter John

I watched that documentary The Phenomenon the other day. It was pretty good. There was a bunch of stuff I'd never seen before. One of the funnier moments was a group of pilots who were ordered to shoot at a ufo and they were all like nah, not gonna happen dude

Romulus

Another vid of the ridiculously fast cigar shaped objects paired with orbs.

This was a real estate company and they didn't notice the activity until editing. Wait until its slowed down 20x and you can see it.

Last edited:

Ava.parker

Neo Member
I don't believe in all that stuff that has been translated to us from TV. I don't believe in "evidence" of our planet being visited by something from outer space. But I'm sure that it is possible that there are intelligent creatures besides humans somewhere in the universe.

Romulus

I think these ufos were 100% US military tech.
If you flew a drone close to a war ship i doubt you could fly it with in 10 miles before it gets blown out of the sky.

What if it were those plasma looking orbs that are seen often. Looks like ball of energy. Would we still fire on those?

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Romulus

not 'far' from a nuclear power plant.

This looks like ball lightning though, which is rarer than any ufo sighting, and cool af

Have any examples of ball lightning like it? Never seen it like this before with such defined edges, shape, and not pulsing wildly.

Also the longest created in a lab was 20 seconds and most are well under 10 seconds.

Heres an example of a nearly identical object hovering for 40 minutes.

Last edited:

Alright

Banned
Have any examples of ball lightning like it? Never seen it like this before with such defined edges, shape, and not pulsing wildly.

Also the longest created in a lab was 20 seconds and most are well under 10 seconds.

Heres an example of a nearly identical object hovering for 40 minutes.

Afraid not, ball lightning is very rare and iirc the rarest occurring natural phenomenon that we have witnessed. And we have very little idea how it's made. Imagine if we did, and you could buy ball lightning cannons!

nearly identical? Come on buddy. A football pitch is nearly identical to a rugby pitch, they're two different things though

Romulus

Afraid not, ball lightning is very rare and iirc the rarest occurring natural phenomenon that we have witnessed. And we have very little idea how it's made. Imagine if we did, and you could buy ball lightning cannons!

nearly identical? Come on buddy. A football pitch is nearly identical to a rugby pitch, they're two different things though

So it's an inconspicuous, ultra rare phenomenon, with little evidence or understanding of it at all? Ok. And my example that has a similar shape and is closer than any image or video of ball lightning ever recorded, gets criticized because its captured for so long and doesn't align with your guess?

And both these objects were captured longer than most ball lightning ever. Randomly. The first almost breaks the record for duration in a lab.

Last edited:

Alright

Banned
then ball lighting cant be that rare, if people keep filming it lol

but sure, it could very well be ball lighting
"Keep filming" it an exaggeration. I'm not saying all glowy aircraft are ball lightning.
So it's an inconspicuous, ultra rare phenomenon, with little evidence or understanding of it at all? Ok. And my example that has a similar shape and is closer than any image or video of ball lightning ever recorded, gets criticized because its captured for so long and doesn't align with your guess?

And both these objects were captured longer than most ball lightning ever. Randomly. The first almost breaks the record for duration in a lab.
No criticism, not then not ever. This is a UFO thread, any outlandish, wild wacky action-bike idea is valid and not all videos will stand up to scrutiny.

My guess is as good as yours because ultimately nobody knows, that's why it's so fun.

Romulus

"Keep filming" it an exaggeration. I'm not saying all glowy aircraft are ball lightning.

No criticism, not then not ever. This is a UFO thread, any outlandish, wild wacky action-bike idea is valid and not all videos will stand up to scrutiny.

My guess is as good as yours because ultimately nobody knows, that's why it's so fun.

Yeah, if I had to bet, i would say CGI first, then something completely unexplained. Ball or 'globe' lightning as its rightfully called would be in my top 10, but only because I'd run out of guesses.

INC

moves like a bug tbh, which makes me think how in a lot of "ufo" videos, the movement does look very bug/fly like (instant angle changes at rapid speed), does that mean bugs and insects aren't effected by G in the same way, I mean a fly is pulling a lot G technically, or is it, its lack mass that prevents it from being affected by G

Romulus

I just don't see that sort of instant acceleration in anything else. Sure the regular flying motion etc is very bug-like, but when it flashes and darts, that's very different to me.

INC

I just don't see that sort of instant acceleration in anything else. Sure the regular flying motion etc is very bug-like, but when it flashes and darts, that's very different to me.

Fire flies in NVG will look like that, not saying that's what it is, but a bug can move and flash like that

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom