• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aliens and UFOs

Status
Not open for further replies.

INC

Almost like these gods were crafted by humans after the fact who didn't understand prehistoric times or science and filled the gaps with gods.

I'm not against religion at all, I mean they're all just copies of Greek and Egyptian mythology, and Greek mythology is based on mesopotamia beliefs.

Who to say they didn't learn that from another culture, it could of all been fact, but over 10s of thousands of years (like Chinese whispers), that story shifts and changes, leaving only the remnants of the truth. That sounds far more likely to me

Last edited:
First of all, welcome to the thread A arkhamguy123 . Speaking of things that are large, this thread is pretty lengthy and dense with discussion on all these points. Please be sure to check out the links and videos in between shitting on anything that doesn't jive with your personal belief.

Second: who said these things are definitely space crafts? We don't know what they are. I mean, if you read the thread then it will become obvious what my thoughts are, but I would not dismiss some far-fetched possibilities. If you just examine the statements from the former head of US Intelligence, it's even possible that some of these objects are a type of life form that we have previously not noticed or been able to get a close enough look at--hence my crack about the space manatee. I don't seriously believe that it's a life form traveling through the sky at tens of thousands of miles per hour, but then you look at it and it looks like a blob or a boulder and then suddenly it expels a black substance into the air -- like what the hell even is this thing? Why would any attempt at explanation be too far fetched, right? If it wasn't there in the literal video from a pretty damn official source, you wouldn't believe it at all, would you?

Next: Oh they appear in cave paintings? You mean the ones with stick figures and half human half animal looking drawings any four year old could draw? I mean, what the heck is even half that stuff in the caves? Demons and angels are too mythical for you but you're prepared to say aliens visited pre-historic humans based on some stick figure cave art? GTFOH. lol Right?

Finally: Speaking of things that sound like a stretch, personally. Do you realize that the universe is so huge and the age of it is so massive, and we're also talking about the distances between stars, solar systems, and their planets, that while the existence of other technological civilizations seems certain, it also seems like a potential impossibility for them to occur in proximity with one another while also overlapping each other historically. It's quite possible that reality (space and time) are like a cosmic hash table where two technological civilizations living at roughly the same time colliding with one another (being in close enough proximity) might be probabilistic-ly very small. It just depends on how common complex life is, which I like to believe it's going to be pretty common (and no, that doesn't contradict my belief in Genesis or the Bible at all, AMA). Only problem is that we're looking at hundreds of stars and not hearing anything on any of the channels we're listening on. Are we that unique with our use of radio waves and similar? It doesn't rule anything out yet, but thus far it's not looking great unless we really can manage to cover these distances ala Star Trek.
Good to be here, thank you for the welcome. And as for not jiving with personal beliefs, I should make note to you that atheism is actually the lack of beliefs, and my stance on aliens is rather agnostic. I don't hold any firm belief system as a religious person would.

I would remain neutral on it and find it fascinating and attempt to investigate further. Not immediately jumping to any conclusions. As for your thoughts on the visuals of these things I think that can be attributed to the very low quality grainy footage. They could film me eating pancakes in that kind of footage and the viewer would struggle to discern what was going on.

I was thinking more like the ones depicting figures that line up with the common gray aliens usually reported. The ones that line up eerily similar to the children's drawings from the Zimbabwe incident in the 90s. I'm not up on the stick figures you're referring to. Demons and angels are quite mythical to me conceptually more than other beings because as I said we see that life started here, me being alive right now talking to you is already definitive proof of this. It doesn't get much more solid than that. So seeing as how the universe is older than Earth other beings rising up to technological advancement in that time seems more plausible to me than something man made up hundreds of years ago. I'm not quite sure where I said the cave paintings were definitive proof aliens visited pre historic humans. I think it was you who actually said that for me. I was postulating an alternative to the demons and angels theory.

Highly unlikely yes. But if aliens are ever confirmed then they found a way and that would be that. The thing about data is when you have such a large quantity even nigh impossible events could still occur even if you get into like .0000 whatever number probability as the chance.

No but where I base that is ancient cultures from various nations talk about UFOs heavily and even great wars between shiny objects on the sky. This goes back thousands of years and the shapes of the craft in paintings is pretty similar, not to mention at least 3 ancient cultures have depicted humans wearing spacesuits.

I find a lot of the ancient aliens stuff hard to believe because I see it as interpreting culture and art as 1-1 with reality. There is a context there that separates it all from necessarily being accurate depictions of reality. It'd be like if someone in a post-apocalyptic world 1000 years from now found a bunker some weeb had set up and figured that big tiddie anime girls were walking around fighting in mechs because of the oppai figures and models in it.

That, and the craft reported in actual documentation (newspapers, etc.) have seemed to progress - we went from airships to saucers to more contemporary notions of spacecraft. I don't think an alien species would build steampunk-type airships after arriving on Earth.

Last edited:
Yes, it does. You're rolling into an already happening discussion and declaring whole complex subjects like the Bible are entirely contradicted by something like the existence of aliens. People can't even align their understandings of the Bible, and yet you are apparently a full theologian on the thing. Just slow down a little bit. We can probably get along really well if you will just watch it on the dismissals of other ideas. The Bible doesn't mention dinosaurs either, and yet we've got a billion years of fossil evidence. The Bible also never says God create 1+ trillion heavily objects and only worked on one called earth. I've been reading the Bible most of my life while simultaneously looking to the heavens pondering what if... There's simply toooo much space out there full of awesome things. You and the rest of the stuffy shirts can believe the God of the bible only worked on this planet, but I'm pining for the whole damn "game world" suckerz!
But it is? I'm not dismissing any ideas, not intentionally, but as I understand the story of genesis the existence of aliens would be a direct contradiction would it not? I mean you're expounding on the things the bible doesn't mention and I read it and think how is that a point for the book and not against it? It's failure to mention these things we know of now kinda crater the credibility itself. If it were an accurate rendition it would mention the things you just spoke of. At least I would think so. It seems to me the authors had no clue about the cosmos or dinosaurs, ergo, it is omitted.

INC

Good to be here, thank you for the welcome. And as for not jiving with personal beliefs, I should make note to you that atheism is actually the lack of beliefs, and my stance on aliens is rather agnostic. I don't hold any firm belief system as a religious person would.

I would remain neutral on it and find it fascinating and attempt to investigate further. Not immediately jumping to any conclusions. As for your thoughts on the visuals of these things I think that can be attributed to the very low quality grainy footage. They could film me eating pancakes in that kind of footage and the viewer would struggle to discern what was going on.

I was thinking more like the ones depicting figures that line up with the common gray aliens usually reported. The ones that line up eerily similar to the children's drawings from the Zimbabwe incident in the 90s. I'm not up on the stick figures you're referring to. Demons and angels are quite mythical to me conceptually more than other beings because as I said we see that life started here, me being alive right now talking to you is already definitive proof of this. It doesn't get much more solid than that. So seeing as how the universe is older than Earth other beings rising up to technological advancement in that time seems more plausible to me than something man made up hundreds of years ago. I'm not quite sure where I said the cave paintings were definitive proof aliens visited pre historic humans. I think it was you who actually said that for me. I was postulating an alternative to the demons and angels theory.

Highly unlikely yes. But if aliens are ever confirmed then they found a way and that would be that. The thing about data is when you have such a large quantity even nigh impossible events could still occur even if you get into like .0000 whatever number probability as the chance.

When I lived in Australia for a while, I visited one of the aboriginal museums, where they displayed their cave paintings

TozQVX9.jpg

8I8J7ix.jpg
7cGylGR.jpg
PWGEDxr.png

Pretty creeping up close tbh

I'm not against religion at all, I mean they're all just copies of Greek and Egyptian mythology, and Greek mythology is based on mesopotamia beliefs.

Who to say they didn't learn that from another culture, it could of all been fact, but over 10s of thousands of years (like Chinese whispers), that story shifts and changes, leaving only the remnants of the truth. That sounds far more likely to me
Me neither. My GF is pretty religious. (I reckon this may be problematic if things get more serious but back on topic lol). It just seems to me aliens would be a blow to the mythology if it is taken literally as fact. I don't think these hypothetical aliens would be devout christians.

StormCell

I find a lot of the ancient aliens stuff hard to believe because I see it as interpreting culture and art as 1-1 with reality. There is a context there that separates it all from necessarily being accurate depictions of reality. It'd be like if someone in a post-apocalyptic world 1000 years from now found a bunker some weeb had set up and figured that big tiddie anime girls were walking around fighting in mechs because of the oppai figures and models in it.

That, and the craft reported in actual documentation (newspapers, etc.) have seemed to progress - we went from airships to saucers to more contemporary notions of spacecraft. I don't think an alien species would build steampunk-type airships after arriving on Earth.

And that's pretty damn disappointing of them, don't you agree? That's one strike against them, already, in my book.

INC

Me neither. My GF is pretty religious. (I reckon this may be problematic if things get more serious but back on topic lol). It just seems to me aliens would be a blow to the mythology if it is taken literally as fact. I don't think these hypothetical aliens would be devout christians.

As said before Christianity is a borrowed mythology

Tbh I'm gonna astay away from religion as much as possible, its a fun side quest of the UFO debate, but it clouds the facts being presented

Its fun to touch on it, from time to time, but it never ends well.

Romulus

For me, its not any singular depiction, its consistency across eras and continents that makes me raise an eyebrow. For one, the cigar shape ufo was apparently seen all over the world and now we have dozens of credible videos of them. I just it odd that even early astrologers were seeing these objects too.

INC

For me, its not any singular depiction, its consistency across eras and continents that makes me raise an eyebrow. For one, the cigar shape ufo was apparently seen all over the world and now we have dozens of credible videos of them. I just it odd that even early astrologers were seeing these objects too.
StFP2J6.jpg

StormCell

I was going to fire back at the cave art posts that children often draw really creepy looking people when they're just trying to draw their families. It's generally true. I don't have a conviction one way or the other regarding ancient visitation. It may well have happened a lot. And then I found this while doing a search and found it pretty entertaining:

I've also heard my share of native american lore. They have stories of a tribe of very hairy people believed to have been the result of a sasquatch kidnapping a woman and having kids with her. I am not shitting you. I got this straight from a professor who would not spin such stories to make the tribes look bad. He didn't say if he believed it but it's one of hundreds of stories they pass down. Another story they pass down involves floods that cover everything but the highest mountain tops. Could have been stories that originated from the Great Missoula floods.

INC

I was going to fire back at the cave art posts that children often draw really creepy looking people when they're just trying to draw their families. It's generally true. I don't have a conviction one way or the other regarding ancient visitation. It may well have happened a lot. And then I found this while doing a search and found it pretty entertaining:

I've also heard my share of native american lore. They have stories of a tribe of very hairy people believed to have been the result of a sasquatch kidnapping a woman and having kids with her. I am not shitting you. I got this straight from a professor who would not spin such stories to make the tribes look bad. He didn't say if he believed it but it's one of hundreds of stories they pass down. Another story they pass down involves floods that cover everything but the highest mountain tops. Could have been stories that originated from the Great Missoula floods.

In every myth theres a grain of truth, sasquatch could,of started out as someone with Hypertrichosis, that then gets passed down, facts start to change and be exaggerated, no doubt thats where the werewolf myth comes from.

And that's pretty damn disappointing of them, don't you agree? That's one strike against them, already, in my book.

Ah, but how do you know that they didn't come, learn about it and then said "we can do that" before going "Nope, let's stick with what we know".

plotting the legend of sleepy hollow GIF

As said before Christianity is a borrowed mythology

Tbh I'm gonna astay away from religion as much as possible, its a fun side quest of the UFO debate, but it clouds the facts being presented

Its fun to touch on it, from time to time, but it never ends well.

True enough, but I'd find it hilarious if the aliens did have a believe in a God as well. That'd also fuck with many minds.

Last edited:
Ah, but how do you know that they didn't come, learn about it and then said "we can do that" before going "Nope, let's stick with what we know".

True enough, but I'd find it hilarious if the aliens did have a believe in a God as well. That'd also fuck with many minds.
That would show that for some reason higher cognitive sentient creatures yearn for a belief in a higher power. I'd be more inclined to believe in the aliens god though than our own lol. Traveling light years lends some credibility.

INC

Well surely in that situation, the easier theory would be that the aliens were what all our religions were based off, and over 1000s of years thats again be changed by man, to fit their agenda (new testament etc), an now the truth has become the myth, and man made myth has become the truth

Or its a dude with beard, making shit in 7 days, who knows lol

StormCell

In every myth theres a grain of truth, sasquatch could,of started out as someone with Hypertrichosis, that then gets passed down, facts start to change and be exaggerated, no doubt thats where the werewolf myth comes from.
TIL that mutants like Beast from the X-Men really do exist!

Hot damn, what a wonderful world we live in!!

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE

When you look up stuff about the (intentional) hidden *true* origins of the human race said references become more than logical.

StormCell

Well surely in that situation, the easier theory would be that the aliens were what all our religions were based off, and over 1000s of years thats again be changed by man, to fit their agenda (new testament etc), an now the truth has become the myth, and man made myth has become the truth

Or its a dude with beard, making shit in 7 days, who knows lol

As I feel I say pretty often, we are only in possession of a few puzzle pieces that we know fit together. You get a little piece of the picture for the moment with no idea where in the bigger picture it fits. It could be near the edge or somewhere in the middle. It could even be upside down for all we know as we rotate the puzzle pieces.

I look at the Genesis creation story for what it is: it's an allegory. I know some people who ardently defend every last word to the letter, but in literature that's not what Genesis chapter one's purpose was.

The thing about it is that for all we know it did happen on a scale similar to 7 days. I'm in no position to say it absolutely didn't. Someone with a bunch of historic and scientific facts can wage that argument that it didn't, but in the end there can always be room for doubt. As I said, for all we know everything happened in fast forward until observers arrived. Sounds fictional and fantastic, but whatever. Neither of us created reality. If I was writing the code underlying everything, then we definitely fast-forwarded through the billions of years. Get over it. lol

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE

Pretty much.. to bad we've been lied to for eons. I hope disclosure happens while I'm still alive. I can't wait. Learning about our true origins and history on this planet. Nuremberg 2.0 is gonna be nasty.

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Pretty much.. to bad we've been lied to for eons. I hope disclosure happens while I'm still alive. I can't wait. Learning about our true origins and history on this planet. Nuremberg 2.0 is gonna be nasty.

I'm confident it'll happen soon.

The US government has been slowly drip feeding us confirmation. If I was going to lay down a bet, I'd say it's because they are breaking humanity in slowly for the big reveal.

It makes sense. Before they felt like they had to cover it up as they thought the general population wouldn't be able to handle the truth, for example Winston Churchill covering up RAF UFO encounters because he thought it would send people mad.

Romulus

I don't think they'll come out and say it, but they'll just continue to provide evidence that something is here that we don't understand. And just leave it to people to think whatever they like.

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I'm confident it'll happen soon.

The US government has been slowly drip feeding us confirmation. If I was going to lay down a bet, I'd say it's because they are breaking humanity in slowly for the big reveal.

It makes sense. Before they felt like they had to cover it up as they thought the general population wouldn't be able to handle the truth, for example Winston Churchill covering up RAF UFO encounters because he thought it would send people mad.

I'm trying to be optimistic but at the same time I'm realistic enough to grasp the extremely sever reaction that the global populace will endure if a full disclosure would take place. Again, I'm carefully optimistic but yeah.. The official confirmation that intelligent life outside our planet not only exists, but in numerous examples existed for over periods of time we can't even possibly try to get our heads around is one thing. How that said concept plays a role in our history, and it's a starring role, would be another thing entirely. Especially regarding ET influences on said history even till this very day. Just take a look at the various constructs that keeps our consciousness hostage with fear, duality, suppressing real education, etc. It's going to be messy. Very very messy indeed.

I don't think they'll come out and say it, but they'll just continue to provide evidence that something is here that we don't understand. And just leave it to people to think whatever they like.

It'll be a longer drip. First comes acknowledging something exists that we do not know.

That allows a paradigm shift in thinking and then the next slow drips come out to cause the next shift and so on.

Not just in getting people ready if this truly is the case but also to cover thier own asses if they've truly not only known but actually have advanced tech (that includes medical, etc) that they've kept hidden.

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE

Star Trek's Prime Directive isn't fiction.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
This is interesting. Another cigar shaped craft confirmation. This time from a Russian pilot.

Having retired from flying, Popovich turned to writing. She authored 18 books, including one of poetry, a biography of her first husband Cosmonaut Pavel Popovich, and two screenplays. Most famous are her books on extra-terrestrial life. In her 2003 tome UFO Glasnost, she said military and civilian pilots from the USSR had reported more than 3,000 UFO sightings. In addition, she wrote, Moscow is in possession fragments of five separate UFOs.

In 1990, the then Colonel Popovich held a press conference at the Russian Consulate in San Francisco, at which she showed photographs of a cigar-shaped alien craft measuring 15 miles long. She also claimed to have seen photographs of alien/human hybrid children.

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
It'll be a longer drip. First comes acknowledging something exists that we do not know.

That allows a paradigm shift in thinking and then the next slow drips come out to cause the next shift and so on.

Not just in getting people ready if this truly is the case but also to cover thier own asses if they've truly not only known but actually have advanced tech (that includes medical, etc) that they've kept hidden.

And with knowledge comes power. Positions of power have to be maintained despite the countless atrocities needed. It's here where a huge problem lies ofcourse.

Razvedka

Banned
Think we can all agree god hates dinosaurs, since he never mentions them. No does any other god mention them either......odd that.

Only reason I mentioned 13000 years, is because that's when another apparent cataclysmic event happened causing the younger dryas, hence stories of the great flood etc etc, thats a perfect time for a great reset, where everything learnt could of been lost, leaving only monuments behind, or megaliths as we call them now, and places like Atlantis could of existed, but now buried undersea.

Do I know this as a fact? Of course not, but its good theory, but its just that a theory, could explain a lot of stuff, its been said the sphinx is far older than first thought, who knows what else is lost....or how much has been suppressed

Or its all just drones, either works for me
Actually there are references to massive & bizarre creatures in the Bible. "Behemoth" and "Leviathan".

Of course there are prosaic explanations offered (Crocodile, Hippo).

Romulus

That's an interesting thought process. We spend so much time and money trying to find other intelligent life, it's not insane to imagine we're not the most advanced civilization in 14 billion years of the universe's existence, and something found us first.

Airola

Angels and demons who fly in spacecrafts? Who appear in cave paintings before anyone even made up the concepts of angels and demons? I dunno that seems like a stretch to me personally. Life and civilization started here on earth. The galaxy is incomprehensibly large. Mathematically speaking, this event could likely occur on another planet as well. Some of these hypothetical other lifeforms could become advanced enough to come visit earth. Seems like the more logical train of thought.

I mean, one of the stories in the Bible has divine beings on a flying chariot of fire.

INC

I mean, one of the stories in the Bible has divine beings on a flying chariot of fire.

Whats more likely, a chariot of fire, flying in the sky, or something like a UAP? I mean UAPs actually officially exist now.......

Airola

Saying aliens who can do things we literally think are scientifically impossible would be much smart than humans + saying beings from other planets contradicts the story that god made man on earth with no mention of other creatures what so ever makes me biased and spiteful?

No other creatures?
So what are the cherubim guarding Eden then?

Romulus

It's also possible there are species of intelligent life out there much younger than us, but they just advanced more rapidly. And in that case, I don't think it's necessarily a cause of them being leagues smarter than us either. I think an impending catastrophe could spur a period of discovery. Like for instance if we discovered an asteroid that would cross our paths in 20 years that would wipe us out 100%. Or maybe their star was dying or becoming a giant, anything.
War is another factor, but I think when the entire species is working together it could spawn massive breakthroughs. Even something like us predicting a definitive CME or supervolcano eruption impending could be a short spurt of breakthroughs that alter our advancement greatly. I think on Earth we have this sort of constant happy medium of tolerable, life-supporting weather and events, but other civilizations could have a history of combating events head-on or they're extinct. Even if their average IQ is slightly lower, it could force them into a state of accelerated progress

Last edited:

Airola

Whats more likely, a chariot of fire, flying in the sky, or something like a UAP? I mean UAPs actually officially exist now.......

It's no different than to say a UFO is a flying saucer. It looked like a saucer so let's say it a flying saucer. Ezekiel saw something that reminded him of a chariot.

INC

It's no different than to say a UFO is a flying saucer. It looked like a saucer so let's say it a flying saucer. Ezekiel saw something that reminded him of a chariot.

Sure, they described a depict what was considered 'normal' in their era, and the normal mode of transport was horse and chariot, on fire could just be "glowing"

A chariot is a two wheeled man made vehicle pulled forward by horses. So not an alien spacecraft. And if you wanna counter with "well that was their interpretation of what they saw" then thats an admission the bible contains false readings of things they couldn't understand or comprehend at the time.

I honestly don't know how he was relating this to aliens.

I think it was along the lines that the creatures referenced/listed in the Bible could have been people trying to make sense of what they saw (ETs, etc).

I've also run into that the nephilim, or giants of the Old Testament, are all but extinct were also intially relocated ETs. There was one bizarre story I remembering reading/hearing about some soldiers that ran into and killed one during the second Iraq war that went into this.

StormCell

It's also possible there are species of intelligent life out there much younger than us, but they just advanced more rapidly. And in that case, I don't think it's necessarily a cause of them being leagues smarter than us either. I think an impending catastrophe could spur a period of discovery. Like for instance if we discovered an asteroid that would cross our paths in 20 years that would wipe us out 100%. Or maybe their star was dying or becoming a giant, anything.
War is another factor, but I think when the entire species is working together it could spawn massive breakthroughs. Even something like us predicting a definitive CME or supervolcano eruption impending could be a short spurt of breakthroughs that alter our advancement greatly. I think on Earth we have this sort of constant happy medium of tolerable, life-supporting weather and events, but other civilizations could have a history of combating events head-on or they're extinct. Even if their average IQ is slightly lower, it could force them into a state of accelerated progress

An easier way to give this consideration is to just assume they're from a solar system with multiple inhabitable worlds and potentially intelligent life arose on more than one of those. If we had neighbors on Venus or Mars, it would have driven interplanetary space travel several decades ahead of what we have actually done. It leads to passenger space travel as well as space combat and conflict.

StormCell

A chariot is a two wheeled man made vehicle pulled forward by horses. So not an alien spacecraft. And if you wanna counter with "well that was their interpretation of what they saw" then thats an admission the bible contains false readings of things they couldn't understand or comprehend at the time.
Or you're just failing repeatedly to make connections everyone else in the thread is able to make. I wonder why that is.

Last edited:

Romulus

An easier way to give this consideration is to just assume they're from a solar system with multiple inhabitable worlds and potentially intelligent life arose on more than one of those. If we had neighbors on Venus or Mars, it would have driven interplanetary space travel several decades ahead of what we have actually done. It leads to passenger space travel as well as space combat and conflict.

Why is that easier? You would need two separate intelligent races occurring at the same time and capable of producing technology in a single solar system. Seems far less likely than just about any other accelerate of intelligence. It's heavily theorized that our big brains developed from migrating from disasters in Africa, I'm just implying a slightly more drastic version of that.

Another massive issue is timing. Let's say we discovered mars had a civilization in 1940 but they were about 1000 years behind our technology(which is still incredibly close). That's the other issue, they have to be somewhat close in technology to complete in any way, which would be astronomical chances. Even though what you're saying is extremely unlikely, it's magnitudes more unlikely when you consider that.

Last edited:

StormCell

Why is that easier? You would need two separate intelligent races occurring at the same time and capable of producing technology in a single solar system. Seems far less likely than just about any other accelerate of intelligence.

Honestly, I don't know why I wrote that it would be easier, however I do find it likely that where life has arisen in a solar system you will find it on every habitable world in that system. For instance, I still expect to find that life not only existed on Mars but is more complex than we presently expect. Then again, I expect we'll find that Mars is still alive below the surface. I suspect Venus could be as well.

In a solar system where these habitable zone planets didn't meet a sad fate, it's quite possible we might have neighboring civilizations on those planets. Of course, it might also be very unlikely, but if each of the worlds had the same amount of time and were equally livable, why not?

showernota

IIRC the child winged angels usually depicted as being cupid.
I honestly don't know how he was relating this to aliens.
Cherubim are definitely not child angels.
Ezekiel 1: 4 Then I looked, and behold, a whirlwind was coming out of the north, a great cloud with raging fire engulfing itself; and brightness was all around it and radiating out of its midst like the color of amber, out of the midst of the fire.
5 Also from within it came the likeness of four living creatures. And this was their appearance: they had the likeness of a man.
6 Each one had four faces, and each one had four wings.
7 Their legs were straight, and the soles of their feet were like the soles of calves’ feet. They sparkled like the color of burnished bronze.
8 The hands of a man were under their wings on their four sides; and each of the four had faces and wings.
9 Their wings touched one another. The creatures did not turn when they went, but each one went straight forward.
10 As for the likeness of their faces, each had the face of a man; each of the four had the face of a lion on the right side, each of the four had the face of an ox on the left side, and each of the four had the face of an eagle.
11 Thus were their faces. Their wings stretched upward; two wings of each one touched one another, and two covered their bodies.
12 And each one went straight forward; they went wherever the spirit wanted to go, and they did not turn when they went.
13 As for the likeness of the living creatures, their appearance was like burning coals of fire, like the appearance of torches going back and forth among the living creatures. The fire was bright, and out of the fire went lightning.
14 And the living creatures ran back and forth, in appearance like a flash of lightning.
------------------------------------------
Ezekiel 10: 20 This is the living creature I saw under the God of Israel by the River Chebar, and I knew they were cherubim. 21 Each one had four faces and each one four wings, and the likeness of the hands of a man was under their wings. 22 And the likeness of their faces was the same as the faces which I had seen by the River Chebar, their appearance and their persons. They each went straight forward.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom