• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aliens and UFOs

Status
Not open for further replies.

INC

I saw that, but he just focuses on the least compelling element of the case. Let's be real, the video is nothing to brag about and by itself would mean nothing.

Hence why I highlighted "video"

I wasn't including any of info or data, just the video

Romulus

I watched a documentary about it, im surprised it even got in the air half the time

SR71 was the last major jump in in tech, sure stealth is cool, but its still just a basic jet at it core

And that's the thing, the SR71 was an ultra-expensive project, super-secret craft. The deepest black CIA project and yet in reality it was really just a fast jet. Not far removed from the U2 other than speed.

But as an American, that jet is the most impressive thing I've ever seen this country build, and when it comes down to it, it's nothing like the leap we're seeing. Not even remotely close on any front.

Last edited:

INC

And that's the thing, the SR71 was an ultra-expensive project, super-secret craft. The deepest black CIA project and yet in reality it was really just a fast jet. Not far removed from the U2 other than speed.

But as an American, that jet is the most impressive thing I've ever seen this country build, and when it comes down to it, it's nothing like the leap we're seeing. Not even remotely close on any front.

Concord was the last amazing jet, not only was it super sonic, but you could eat a steak on it too. And we've gone backwards since then

It's crazy that this exists:

WHcTZft.jpg

I mean, sure that's absolutely most likely some random crazy person just happening to ask this crazy thing and they have just had to record that request even if it's completely nonsense.
But it still is pretty crazy that something like this is an actual thing in official US Department of State records :D

Resurrection chamber of Gilgamesh? That's in the Gates of Babylon?

2021 would be lit if we are actually in the Nasuverse. We could all have our pick of Saberface waifus.

Romulus

Concord was the last amazing jet, not only was it super sonic, but you could eat a steak on it too. And we've gone backwards since then

The design flaws were hidden from the public were the main issue. They should have paused the flights and addressed it from the beginning and it might still be flying. Sucks

levyjl1988

Banned
If it doesn't have any mass, I'm pretty sure it's like nature's way of creating a glare or reflection since its behavior is sporadic, kinda like shining a laser on the wall and your pet cat freaking out and trying to catch it. When it does it doesn't make any sense, there is no fly at all. That seems to be the case here and we are blowing it out of proportion.

Unless there is a higher dimension intruding on this dimension making it difficult for our instruments to truly detect unless up close. If similarities are to be of ball of lights, maybe some type of plasma mixes in with light or some stuff like that. I doubt there would be anything more to this.

INC

If it doesn't have any mass, I'm pretty sure it's like nature's way of creating a glare or reflection since its behavior is sporadic, kinda like shining a laser on the wall and your pet cat freaking out and trying to catch it. When it does it doesn't make any sense, there is no fly at all. That seems to be the case here and we are blowing it out of proportion.

Unless there is a higher dimension intruding on this dimension making it difficult for our instruments to truly detect unless up close. If similarities are to be of ball of lights, maybe some type of plasma mixes in with light or some stuff like that. I doubt there would be anything more to this.

The one thing that's always bugged me about the rotating ufo, is how junky the rotation looks, almost like it could be the gimble turning, due to how mechanical the rotation looks

It just doesn't look right, almost fake

Romulus

The one thing that's always bugged me about the rotating ufo, is how junky the rotation looks, almost like it could be the gimble turning, due to how mechanical the rotation looks

It just doesn't look right, almost fake

I'll cut them some slack for the wonky rotation if its being controlled from hundreds of light-years away, or maybe an invisible monster ship close by.

Last edited:

INC

It still looks junky tho, regardless, it also only seems rotates, when the camera stutters. Why would that be?

Last edited:

StormCell

Try me. It's what this thread is about.

It's not that I don't want to take a crack at explaining it here, but some things feel easier to lay out in a conversation or lecture style rather than one big thesis that can/will be completely picked apart. Once you've said it a certain way in a post, it will get refuted three ways from next Sunday.

Every time I attempt to write a basic gist, I erase it and write something different. I'll share one outcome of what I think it happening. The world, as we know it, is becoming batshit crazy, and it's because the human population is becoming batshit crazy.

It's not that these objects are suddenly something new, since they were already there, but now, in 2021, following the year of the pandemic and batshit unrest, now of all moments we may get news of aliens. We were just joking that after 2020, 2021 was gonna top it with aliens. Each month that passes, that seems more realistic than before.

Call it expectations. Call it anticipation. What if there is some element of control that reality responds to?

Most take reality for granted as what it is: they perceive a series of concrete facts strewn together into a fabric.

Me? I'm most suspicious about reality. I'm a programmer. I recognize these things for how they really are: changeable, from behind the scenes, and you would never be any wiser.

Last edited:

Romulus

It still looks junky tho, regardless

I wouldn't know even how to give an opinion on something like that, I cannot even really see it or understand why it's doing it. Obviously, it's either ultra-advanced military tech or aliens, both of which means it's a technology that wouldn't move like stuff we're used to seeing. It would be like seeing a harrier do a vertical liftoff in the early 1940s. Looks like junk because it's swaying back and forth erratically. It's too noisy too. Idk, something like that.

It's not that I don't want to take a crack at explaining it here, but some things feel easier to lay out in a conversation or lecture style rather than one big thesis that can/will be completely picked apart. Once you've said it a certain way in a post, it will get refuted three ways from next Sunday.

Every time I attempt to write a basic gist, I erase it and write something different. I'll share one outcome of what I think it happening. The world, as we know it, is becoming batshit crazy, and it's because the human population is becoming batshit crazy.

It's not that these objects are suddenly something new, since they were already there, but now, in 2021, following the year of the pandemic and batshit unrest, now of all moments we may get news of aliens. We were just joking that after 2020, 2021 was gonna top it with aliens. Each month that passes, that seems more realistic than before.

If you are talking about this being some sort of collective consciousness/archetypal force phenomenon, you ought to look into Christopher O'Brien's "trickster" concept. He did interviews on the Paracast (before he became a host) and I'm sure there are some other interviews on YouTube as well.

I generally like the breakaway civilization hypothesis, but a trickster force/entity messing with humanity to manipulate it (or just for lulz) fits a lot of the odder aspects that physical explanations do not.

Last edited:

StormCell

If you are talking about this being some sort of collective consciousness/archetypal force phenomenon, you ought to look into Christopher O'Brien's "trickster" concept. He did interviews on the Paracast (before he became a host) and I'm sure there are some other interviews on YouTube as well.

I generally like the breakaway civilization hypothesis, but a trickster force/entity messing with humanity to manipulate it (or just for lulz) fits a lot of the odder aspects that physical explanations do not.

I generally like a lot of hypothesis, and I feel like any of them fall into what we're experiencing collectively. I don't believe there is some other entity or civilization manipulating our events or reality, rather I believe this is just what we're living in. There can be aliens. They could be living in the same thing we are. We don't have to be at the center of it, whatever it is. The universe may be a thing that is responsive to its observers. I don't have any answers. All I have are my experiences thus far, and stuff's getting crazier.

StormCell

On the breakaway civilization idea, this is more of a tangent btw, I've wondered if Mars was habitable long enough to give rise to a civilization that could have fled to Earth as their planet failed. Rather than disturbing the surface inhabitants, they could have used their advanced technology to live in places that would not disturb us in the slightest.

Its basically the plot to stargate at this point

Oddly enough, or not, I've heard/read that that's real as well, 'cept it's not a circular "gate" but more of a large "orb".

And getting into pop sci-fi, it's also been said that some of the "real" stuff gets put in there as a combination of "soft disclosure" and well as "plausible deniability" so any whistleblower/witness/"contactee" would be immediately discredited as they were "reiterating television/movies".

And Stargate SG1 actually spoofed the above with the episodes of "100" and "200" in which a human alien is a tv producer and uses SG1 missions for scripts and plots for the in-universe show Wormhole Extreme.

On the breakaway civilization idea, this is more of a tangent btw, I've wondered if Mars was habitable long enough to give rise to a civilization that could have fled to Earth as their planet failed. Rather than disturbing the surface inhabitants, they could have used their advanced technology to live in places that would not disturb us in the slightest.

Yeah... about that... :alien::cautious:

Last edited:

StormCell

I wonder if we'll be able to look back on this thread in 5-10 years and know for certain that someone got it right? lol

I think the bigger question is do any of us really want to get it right? If your answer is anything other than something mundane, is that really how we want to live out the rest of our ordinary lives? It would be like the Vulcans coming down to make first contact with us, and from that point forward we work towards building Starfleet and the UFP.

INC

I think the bigger question is do any of us really want to get it right? If your answer is anything other than something mundane, is that really how we want to live out the rest of our ordinary lives? It would be like the Vulcans coming down to make first contact with us, and from that point forward we work towards building Starfleet and the UFP.

Just the idea that we're not the all knowing, is a great comfort

Has such an encounter between two previously unknown civilizations ever ended well for both parties, historically?

The real question is unfortunately the hardest of them all, assuming that aliens, be it terrestrial or ET, are real. Do we continue to live in an ignorance is bliss scenario with our heads in the sand? Or do we go the hard way and let the genie out of the bottle especially as once its out its never going back in?

Bragr

Banned
In the not-to-distant future, we can make millions of extremely fast drones with A.I. that we can send out to millions of solar systems. Drones that can collect and observe better than any human can. Our first exploration of the galaxy will come in the form of advanced robotic spaceships. Why would we send humans in ships? exploration belongs to robots.

These things we are discovering, the way they hide in the ocean, how they monitor military vessels, they scream advanced drones with advanced A.I.

During WW2, when UFO sightings exploded, pilots mentioned they saw these things all the time, Stalin apparently initiated a project to discover the origins of the objects and was told it was extraterrestrial. The military has been witnessing these objects for decades. It looks like a threat monitoring project. It's observing the capabilities of our technology.

I still have to lean towards human-made, but we need aircraft with better photo capabilities so we can get an increase in our documentation of them. It's strange that pilots see these things all the time and can't capture more footage of it.

Romulus

It just seems that over the course of thousands of years that would have to eventually happen. At one point, traveling from region to region was impossible on Earth, now it's fairly simple. Seems space likely saw a similar transition for beings thousands of years ahead of us.
It could be that another civilization has been waiting for our culture to open its eyes a bit more, because in the past it's been nothing but a narrow-minded approach. Everything about us is a comically selfish "center of the universe/you're the best." And it's very simple, you're born, do some religion, make a couple of screaming babies, die.

INC

The real question is unfortunately the hardest of them all, assuming that aliens, be it terrestrial or ET, are real. Do we continue to live in an ignorance is bliss scenario with our heads in the sand? Or do we go the hard way and let the genie out of the bottle especially as once its out its never going back in?

Open the bottle, we're fucked, might as well roll dice

Romulus

There were talks of aliens in decades past who could ask the same question. My guess is this time is not different.

True, but we could reach a point soon where the sensical side of "secret military tech" makes zero sense in a few years. It already doesn't to many people and they're not being irrational. Then what are we left with? Aliens or interdimensional. What I'm saying to you is that if the evidence continues to mound, we could know for certain in our life that we're not alone at least. Maybe not specifics about the alien's favorite food etc. But it's a real possibility now, more so now than ever before.

Last edited:

Romulus

Assuming they're real, I wonder if the aliens are attempting their own form of soft disclosure? Slowing making themselves more and more visible over the years, purposely allowing themselves to be recorded via our instruments in rare cases, then more and more until we ask ourselves the question. Then years later something more mainstream or worldwide. That would seemingly be more considerate to our psychology.

Last edited:

StormCell

It just seems that over the course of thousands of years that would have to eventually happen. At one point, traveling from region to region was impossible on Earth, now it's fairly simple. Seems space likely saw a similar transition for beings thousands of years ahead of us.
It could be that another civilization has been waiting for our culture to open its eyes a bit more, because in the past it's been nothing but a narrow-minded approach. Everything about us is a comically selfish "center of the universe/you're the best." And it's very simple, you're born, do some religion, make a couple of screaming babies, die.
It seems that is not the case for all cultures/civilizations that were on earth.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Has such an encounter between two previously unknown civilizations ever ended well for both parties, historically?

Not really.

When Portugal discovered the Kingdom of Benin (modern day Nigeria), they built a relationship based on trade and were by and large peaceful. Although, this changed a few hundred years later when the British Empire conquered the Kingdom.

Humans are naturally tribal. We distrust each other and normally when two unknown human civilizations come into contact, it lead to war and conquest. This happens especially when one civilization had a large technology gap over the other (see European conquest of America)

However, that's just how humans behave. If these things are really aliens, then their whole psychology and social behaviour may be vastly different to ours. It could be so different that their behaviour would seem completely incoherent to us, which might point to why they've only been watching us for years rather than making contact.

It all depends on what type of creature they evolved from, if they were alpha predators, tribal, social etc. Hell, their very physical make-up could be vastly different to anything we've seen. They might not eat physical food and might gain energy via photosynthesis for example.

At this point, if they are aliens then everything about them would be very different to anything on this planet.

IDKFA

In the not-to-distant future, we can make millions of extremely fast drones with A.I. that we can send out to millions of solar systems. Drones that can collect and observe better than any human can. Our first exploration of the galaxy will come in the form of advanced robotic spaceships. Why would we send humans in ships? exploration belongs to robots.

These things we are discovering, the way they hide in the ocean, how they monitor military vessels, they scream advanced drones with advanced A.I.

During WW2, when UFO sightings exploded, pilots mentioned they saw these things all the time, Stalin apparently initiated a project to discover the origins of the objects and was told it was extraterrestrial. The military has been witnessing these objects for decades. It looks like a threat monitoring project. It's observing the capabilities of our technology.

I still have to lean towards human-made, but we need aircraft with better photo capabilities so we can get an increase in our documentation of them. It's strange that pilots see these things all the time and can't capture more footage of it.

Sorry for the double post.

There is a lot more footage. It has been confirmed that the videos released so far are the least credible. The Pentagon are sitting on some insane photo and video evidence that hasn't been made public yet.

I really can't lean on these things being human made. The tech is just far too advanced than anything humans can comprehend.

Romulus

Not really.

When Portugal discovered the Kingdom of Benin (modern day Nigeria), they built a relationship based on trade and were by and large peaceful. Although, this changed a few hundred years later when the British Empire conquered the Kingdom.

Humans are naturally tribal. We distrust each other and normally when two unknown human civilizations come into contact, it lead to war and conquest. This happens especially when one civilization had a large technology gap over the other (see European conquest of America)

However, that's just how humans behave. If these things are really aliens, then their whole psychology and social behaviour may be vastly different to ours. It could be so different that their behaviour would seem completely incoherent to us, which might point to why they've only been watching us for years rather than making contact.

It all depends on what type of creature they evolved from, if they were alpha predators, tribal, social etc. Hell, their very physical make-up could be vastly different to anything we've seen. They might not eat physical food and might gain energy via photosynthesis for example.

At this point, if they are aliens then everything about them would be very different to anything on this planet.

Yeah, I think that is a very human way of thinking that it'll end badly. We're basically monkeys and primates can be violent territorial animals.

There is a lot more footage. It has been confirmed that the videos released so far are the least credible. The Pentagon are sitting on some insane photo and video evidence that hasn't been made public yet.

I really can't lean on these things being human made. The tech is just far too advanced than anything humans can comprehend.

I honestly really want to see it if this is true. I want to see something better than the blurry photos we've gotten or amateur pictures or the obvious fakes.

Hell, this pic from ufocasebook.com, fake or not, is the closest I've seen that matches what I saw:

nashville2.jpg

Bragr

Banned
I highly doubt an alien lifeform cares about our cultures opening our eyes or whatever. I doubt the aliens are hippies on mushrooms.

I honestly really want to see it if this is true. I want to see something better than the blurry photos we've gotten or amateur pictures or the obvious fakes.

Hell, this pic from ufocasebook.com, fake or not, is the closest I've seen that matches what I saw:

nashville2.jpg

I've never seen that one. That's incredible.

Last edited:

Bragr

Banned

How do you possibly know what the Pentagon got? how do you know the videos released so far are the least credible?

I mean, of course, it seems absurd that humans are flying around in such things, but it just so happens that aliens controlling them is just as absurd. Both options are wild.

StormCell

How do you possibly know what the Pentagon got? how do you know the videos released so far are the least credible?

I mean, of course, it seems absurd that humans are flying around in such things, but it just so happens that aliens controlling them is just as absurd. Both options are wild.

The former head of U.S. Intelligence said it verbatim to what IDKFA told you.

IDKFA

I believe it was Luis Elizondo or another somebody else who worked on the US gov UAP project who said that very recently. They're only showing us the tame stuff at the moment.

My battery is about to die, so if somebody else could confirm this that would be great.

Also, Luis Elizondo confirmed his team looked at all possibilities, including drones and human tech from foreign powers, but none of those possibilities gave them the answer as to what these things are. The US government, from the sounds of it, really have no idea or explanation for what they are seeing.

Romulus

I highly doubt an alien lifeform cares about our cultures opening our eyes or whatever. I doubt the aliens are hippies on mushrooms.

I wasn't saying they care in terms of us and our lives, they dont interfere with wars etc. But, it could be better for the planet if we're more comfortable and ignorant with our existence. Suddenly revealing themselves could be a difficult pill to swallow.

Last edited:

Bragr

Banned
Not really.

Everyone is theorizing about what they can be or how they view us, if they view us as ants or if they evolved from a cloud or whatever, but all of that has as much credence as discussing if we have free will. It's a red herring. We gotta look at it from what we know. And as far as we know, you can't travel faster than light, which makes it unlikely that it's real aliens in these ships, it's likely just some form of ship or drone sent to scout. Perhaps there are drones that monitor every major object in our galaxy.

Second, the UFO's are observing and staying at a distance at all times, but they also don't really give a shit if we see them, they just don't want to be shot down or lose these drone things to our militaries, they don't want us to get our hand on these things. They also know it's best to hide in the ocean because we can't move fast up and down in the water. They don't want us to look at their technology for some reason. That's what I take from all of this.

They don't seem to give a fuck if we know about them or not, they don't seem to give a fuck about contacting us. But then what, do these drones fly back to whatever is making them? if there are some aliens on some planet far away, are they in contact with these drones and even know we are here? are there hundreds of A.I. drones that communicate with each other and analyze us but because of the distance of the galaxy, it's gonna take time before they can send the information back to the host?

I feel like no matter what the case is, once the realization of aliens hits society, people will be terrified, and it will usher in a new era of humanity. We will have a new goal, defend ourselves, integrate this new technology into our society and military. NASA gonna go from a science organization to national security. The fear of the unknown is a powerful motivator, and know we are at the mercy of something out there would shock people. We know there are nukes out there right now but no one really cares, but if you hear a nuke has been launched and you hear it's heading towards your country, you gonna be scared out of your mind. I think that's what we are looking at if it's confirmed it's aliens and high-res footage is released to the public, it's gonna be like a nuke is coming for us all.

Romulus

if it's confirmed it's aliens and high-res footage is released to the public, it's gonna be like a nuke is coming for us all.

I think that's a bit drastic, but yeah it will definitely be something to deal with. For now, there's an out if you want to escape to it. "Secret military drones bro."

It could also be that they themselves have never been there and it's just their drones or scouts.

Last edited:

IDKFA

I feel like no matter what the case is, once the realization of aliens hits society, people will be terrified, and it will usher in a new era of humanity. We will have a new goal, defend ourselves, integrate this new technology into our society and military. NASA gonna go from a science organization to national security. The fear of the unknown is a powerful motivator, and know we are at the mercy of something out there would shock people. We know there are nukes out there right now but no one really cares, but if you hear a nuke has been launched and you hear it's heading towards your country, you gonna be scared out of your mind. I think that's what we are looking at if it's confirmed it's aliens and high-res footage is released to the public, it's gonna be like a nuke is coming for us all.

I agree fear of the unknown would make a lot of governments trigger happy. Ever see the film Arrival. I could imagine a out of the blue confirmation that these things are aliens would have that effect on a few world powers.

Although we have no idea what these things are or their intentions, it's clear their tech is so far ahead of us that declaring war on them would possibly result in our annihilation. There are a few credible reports of UFOs disabling nuclear silos, almost as if to be a warning or a taunt that even our most powerful weapons are totally harmless to them.

That is if these things even have a concept of war and violence.

INC

I agree fear of the unknown would make a lot of governments trigger happy. Ever see the film Arrival. I could imagine a out of the blue confirmation that these things are aliens would have that effect on a few world powers.

Although we have no idea what these things are or their intentions, it's clear their tech is so far ahead of us that declaring war on them would possibly result in our annihilation. There are a few credible reports of UFOs disabling nuclear silos, almost as if to be a warning or a taunt that even our most powerful weapons are totally harmless to them.

That is if these things even have a concept of war and violence.

Something is scanning nuclear bunkers for some reason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom