• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aliens and UFOs

Status
Not open for further replies.
People experience weird shit sometimes. We don't know enough to definitively discount these experiences as fabrications, misapprehensions or mental problems. You have to allow for some possibilty that they did indeed encounter the unknown.

That still doesn't make all these alien fairy tales and videos real.

Not sure why you've got so personal straight away in this thread?

Nothing personal, I just have a very low tolerance for charlatanism. :messenger_winking:

I think me doing a simple speed = |p1-p0|/t calculation backed up by radar

Oh you a radar operator now?
From which silly youtube comment section or alien conspiracy website did you copy that from?

INC

Nothing personal, I just have a very low tolerance for charlatanism. :messenger_winking:

From which silly youtube comment section or alien conspiracy website did you copy that from?

We're not the charlatans tho..........so why is your tolerance low in here

Romulus

Dude is protecting gullible idiots from charlatans and money-seekers. He is way waaaayyyy better than any of the sources you've presented so far.

You're kinda like Mick in a way in terms of ignoring evidence. But I don't hear anything from you, no thoughts that show you have depth or objectivity, just screaming mick west over and over. But okay, he's better than who? What? Who are you talking about specifically? Show evidence of their "money-seeking" doesn't even make sense. How do you know Mick West isn't worst? You know him? The fact is you don't know anything, you'd just rather take his word because he tells you to want to hear. Do you have the tax returns? No, you have a gut feeling ufos aren't real, just like some do.

So where did I say aliens confirmed? Still waiting on that.

And where did you address the Norweigan scientific study? Let's hear your thoughts.

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch

Nothing personal. Comes in and immediately insults everyone.

It's described in the accounts how far the objects move. In one (I believe the Nimitz) the object outpaces the fighter jets from a standstill to supersonic, going directly to the fighters' rendevouz point. The distance was in the account along with the length of time. I'm not sure how not being a radar operator precludes me from using basic bitch kinematics to figure out the speed.

Romulus

Have you ever took a step outside your door? Believe it or not, 99% of the shit you hear on the street is bullshit, just so happens a lot of those crazy people see UFOs. Doesn't mean pilots and military officials all across the world are lying. Still waiting to hear your theory on that, how is they coordinated this huge lie across generations and nations? You won't address it because you just piggyback others, no real thoughts of your own.

It's described in the accounts how far the objects move. In one (I believe the Nimitz) the object outpaces the fighter jets from a standstill to supersonic, going directly to the fighters' rendevouz point. The distance was in the account along with the length of time. I'm not sure how not being a radar operator precludes me from using basic bitch kinematics to figure out the speed.
Okay, so basically you copy/pasted some crap in order to sound smart and convey a false sense of expertise. Basically, you know sh*t all about the physical properties presented in that footage.

Nothing personal. Comes in and immediately insults everyone.
Falling prey to charlatanism and pseudo-science dooesn't make you a bad person, merely an ignorant one. So you either educate yourself, or continue believing in those fairy tales, your choice.

You're kinda like Mick in a way in terms of ignoring evidence. But I don't hear anything from you, no thoughts that show you have depth or objectivity, just screaming mick west over and over. But okay, he's better than who? What? Who are you talking about specifically? Show evidence of their "money-seeking" doesn't even make sense. How do you know Mick West isn't worst? You know him? The fact is you don't know anything, you'd just rather take his word because he tells you to want to hear. Do you have the tax returns? No, you have a gut feeling ufos aren't real, just like some do.

So where did I say aliens confirmed? Still waiting on that.

And where did you address the Norweigan scientific study? Let's hear your thoughts.
More whataboutism and lots of text without any real substance or concrete evidence. Wasting other people's time seems to be the ufologist's best argument.

We're not the charlatans tho..........so why is your tolerance low in here

No but you spread that crap around like a bad case of chlamydia, giving it credence.

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Okay, so basically you copy/pasted some crap in order to sound smart and convey a false sense of expertise. Basically, you know sh*t all about the physical properties presented in that footage.

Falling prey to charlatanism and pseudo-science dooesn't make you a bad person, merely an ignorant one. So you either educate yourself, or continue believing in those fairy tales, your choice.

More whataboutism and lots of text without any real substance or concrete evidence. Wasting other people's time seems to be the ufologist's best argument.
You come off as a guy who just read Dawkins and now thinks he's the smartest guy in the room. Do you start real-life conversations the same you have here? "Hey, dumb fuck!"

False sense of expertise. . .

If you roll a ball and it moves 1 ft in 1 min, what is its speed? This isn't fucking rocket science. A 6th grader should be able to figure that out.

Last edited:

Romulus

You literally can't even address anything I'm saying because you have no thoughts for yourself, just "Mick West said!" I knew you would crack, now you're resorting to deflection tactics. Doesn't work on me.

Last edited:

INC

No but you spread that crap around like a bad case of chlamydia, giving it credence.

Where have I spread anything, other than here? And again if you'd of bothered to read through even a few pages, you'd see I've said multiple times, that it could all be BS, and even wheres theres money to be made you always have to be suspicious.

But that wouldn't line up with your ongoing rhetoric with this thread. Think you need to take a step back, and realise you're actually being a bit of tit overall......nothing personal

StormCell

Basically, strange headache strange headache 's "low tolerance" translates to overall hostility towards the thread topic and loads of attacks and accusations on everyone participating in the thread.

Like I said in the beginning, it's basically account suicide. I haven't reported him, but since he arrived this morning it has been nothing but hostility.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Basically, strange headache strange headache 's "low tolerance" translates to overall hostility towards the thread topic and loads of attacks and accusations on everyone participating in the thread.

Like I said in the beginning, it's basically account suicide. I haven't reported him, but since he arrived this morning it has been nothing but hostility.
It's a weird case. I can only assume he's a miserable prick and wants to insult the community on his way out. This particular subject is some sort of sore spot for him so he's lashing out here.

You come off as a guy who just read Dawkins and now thinks he's the smartest guy in the room. Do you start real-life conversations the same you have here? "Hey, dumb fuck!"

Aren't you that guy raining praise on that Lauren Chen person in that other thread?
I think your intellectual insecurity has got bigger issues to deal with than me.

A 6th grader should be able to figure that out.

A 6th grader could make the difference between an alien UFO and a bokeh effect. Copy/pasting stuff from other idiots on the internet is a poor substitute for expertise.

You literally can't even address anything I'm saying because you have no thoughts for yourself, just "Mick West said!" I knew you would crack, now you're resorting to deflection tactics. Doesn't work on me.

That's rich coming from the master of deflection.

If you think I've got the will to drudge through this miserable pile of a topic that's being kept on life-support by you guys not believing in alien UFOs, only to dissect your comments, you have an overbearing sense of self-importance. I don't give a sh*t about these Norwegian guys filming a couple of blurry lights in the night sky and neither do I care about your f*cked up delusional understanding of government and the military.

mEOwuGa.png

F*ck me, what compelling evidence. You've got me! They are among us! Roswell is real! Believe!

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Aren't you that guy raining praise on that Lauren Chen person in that other thread?
I think your intellectual insecurity has got bigger issues to deal with than me.

A 6th grader could make the difference between an alien UFO and a bokeh effect. Copy/pasting stuff from other idiots on the internet is a poor substitute for expertise.

If you think I've got the will to drudge through this miserable pile of a topic that's being kept on life-support by you guys not believing in alien UFOs, only to dissect your comments, you have an overbearing sense of self-importance. I don't give a sh*t about these Norwegian guys filming a couple of blurry lights in the night sky and neither do I care about your f*cked up delusional understanding of government and the military.

mEOwuGa.png

F*ck me, what compelling evidence. You've got me! They are among us! Roswell is real! Believe!
Hi Mr. Deflection. Nice to meet you. Is there a reason you're censoring the curse words? Does it make you feel like you're not a tremoundous asshole?

Yeah, copying and pasting from something I wrote and sourced almost two years ago and just had a general memory of.

Yeah, copying and pasting from something I wrote and sourced almost two years ago and just had a general memory of.
Bob Lazar :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Should have remembered something worthwhile.

Romulus

mEOwuGa.png

Let's see some actual examples of my deflections. You won't. You've backed down every single time I've called you out.

If I'm the master of deflecting that should be easy to find. But, you dont have time right? Yet you're already here posting more than everyone else. Makes no sense at all. Arguing with 'ufologist' in an attempt to do what bro? Teach people? You really do care!

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Or, you know, the NYT article on an entirely separate event:

that is sourced in my post, if you could read it through the seething.
What do you think strange headache strange headache or is the New York times also full of shit?

Or, you know, the NYT article on an entirely separate event:

that is sourced in my post, if you could read it through the seething.

Oh look, more copy/pasted stuff from "witnesses". Straight up from the frikkin' INTRO to that article:

The following recounts an incident in 2004 that advocates of research into U.F.O.s have said is the kind of event worthy of more investigation, and that was studied by a Pentagon program that investigated U.F.O.s. Experts caution that earthly explanations often exist for such incidents, and that not knowing the explanation does not mean that the event has interstellar origins.

Even your own article doesn't believe in that crap :messenger_tears_of_joy:

That Fravor dude is certainly making the rounds with his hot-selling UFO tale. Also why am I not surprised that he is friends with another well-known charlatan, Bob Lazar:

In May 2019, Fravor was a featured speaker at the "UFOfest" in McMinnville, Oregon. Fravor and UFO conspiracy theorist Bob Lazar reportedly "spent a lot of time comparing notes", and Fravor has speculated the UFO used "gravity propulsion" claimed by Lazar to be part of a US government coverup of alien technology. In October that same year, Fravor was featured on The Joe Rogan Experience.

Also that video has already been debunked:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Oh look, more copy/pasted stuff from "witnesses". Straight up from the frikkin' INTRO to that article:

That Fravor dude is certainly making the rounds with his hot-selling UFO tale. Also why am I not surprised that he is friends with another well-known charlatan, Bob Lazar:

Mick West is that you? Is that your angle? Promoting your shit youtube channel?

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins

mEOwuGa.png

LMAO.

Bravo, sir. You truly are a master of the troll arts.

,👏👏

Conflating UFOs with having to be extraterrestrial
Whining about the eye witness fallacy that no one can be believed except "experts"
Posting a video of a guy talking about a few minute snippet of a much longer encounter as if it debunks the entire thing

Skeptic bingo should be a thing.

Mick West is that you? Is that your angle? Promoting your shit youtube channel?

No, I'm an alien sitting in my UFO creating a diversion because the GAF ufologists and want-to-believers are getting too close :messenger_unamused:

Conflating UFOs with having to be extraterrestrial
Whining about the eye witness fallacy that no one can be believed except "experts"
Posting a video of a guy talking about a few minute snippet of a much longer encounter as if it debunks the entire thing

Skeptic bingo should be a thing.

In other words, you've got nothing. Alrighty then.
Feel free to hit me up when you've actually got something of substance.

Last edited:
No, I'm an alien sitting in my UFO creating a diversion because the GAF ufologists and want-to-believers are getting too close :messenger_unamused:

"Aliens haha lol ufos are so stupid who believes in aliens I'm so smart everyone else believes in them they're so dumb"

It's amazing how you skip past them even being drones or anything straight to dismissal by strawman.

Romulus

I actually thought his debunk was better than this. He actually lives alot of room for his own error with probably, maybe, possibly. That's not concrete at all, and mick west isn't a fighter pilot either. He's just a guy making claims on instruments hes never used. Do we trust the guy thats been using the aircraft for years, or some guy with no experience that viciously tries to debunk everything?

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
I'm curious as to how long he'll keep going. He hates the topic and everyone participating yet here he is. He's either really bored and fucking with people or he's just a prick. Stay tuned to find out!

I actually thought his debunk was better than this. He actually lives alot of room for his own error with probably, maybe, possibly. That's not concrete at all, and mick west isn't a fighter pilot either. He's just a guy making claims on instruments hes never used. Do we trust the guy thats been using the aircraft for years, or some guy with no experience that viciously tries to debunk everything?

Clearly Mick is an expert on the instruments he's never used. Trust the science!

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Lol. He's trolling you. He's probably piss his pants reading the replies to his posts.
That thought has crossed my mind. Why go into a subject you hate and shitpost unless you're trolling. It's like if I went into an Xbox thread and called them all idiots and told them to suck dick lol

EDIT: Bravo strange headache strange headache One of the better trollings I've seen in a long time. Still prickish of course but nice job.

Last edited:
"Aliens haha lol ufos are so stupid who believes in aliens I'm so smart everyone else believes in them they're so dumb"

Dude, even your own witness sources don't want to be associated to these alien fairy tales:

"At no point did I want to speculate as to what I thought this thing was — or be associated with, you know, 'alien beings' and 'alien aircraft' and all that stuff," Underwood told the magazine. "It is just what we call a UFO. I couldn't identify it. It was flying. And it was an object. It's as simple as that."

Your very own military members are confirming that it's nothing but a big load of bollocks:

Former members of the military have suggested that glitches in the infrared camera in Underwood's plane may have been playing tricks on the pilot's eye.

Retired Air Force Maj. James McGaha also proposed that the object might have appeared to veer dramatically because of the way Underwood was maneuvering his aircraft. Underwood told New York magazine that he wasn't able to see the object when it veered to the left but believed it moved on its own.

"That part kind of sucks, because I can't confirm that the object aggressively accelerated that way," he said. "But I have my feelings, based off of my experience with my equipment — and also just logic, when it comes to, you know, physics."

He also dismissed the possibility that the UFO was part of covert tests done by NASA or the military. He told New York magazine that he was never instructed to keep silent about what he saw.

"I've got top-secret clearance with a ton of special-project clearances," he said. "So, it's not like I wasn't cleared to know. Clearly, whatever it was, if it was a government project, I did not need to know."

Why don't you believe these people? You simply do not want to, because mythical UFO stories are more entertaining than the boring truth.
That is what this whole thread amounts to, selective perception.

INC

That thought has crossed my mind. Why go into a subject you hate and shitpost unless you're trolling. It's like if I went into an Xbox thread and called them all idiots and told them to suck dick lol

EDIT: Bravo strange headache strange headache One of the better trollings I've seen in a long time. Still prickish of course but nice job.

Well it got Mick a few more views, probably gonna watch a few more of his vids

Last edited:
Dude, even your own witness sources don't want to be associated to these alien fairy tales:

Your very own military members are confirming that it's nothing but a big load of bollocks:

Why don't you believe these people? You simply do not want to, because mythical UFO stories are more entertaining than the boring truth.
That is what this whole thread amounts to, selective perception.

Maybe it's people like you who make them afraid? It's not like he said a sexy blonde Venusian froze time and took him to Europa for hot sex on the snowy moon, but you act like it is just as absurd.

Lots of people have called out obvious frauds in this thread. I wouldn't want to be associated with a Steven Greer or someone like that. But they are separate from the phenomenon, just like alchemists were separate from chemistry and plague doctors were separate from microbiology. Hucksters have used poor understandings of comtemporaneously unknown phenomena for centuries.

A glitch in an infrared camera does not cause the glitch to manifest as a radar-identifiable object, so their explanation is dumb.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Maybe it's people like you who make them afraid? It's not like he said a sexy blonde Venusian froze time and took him to Europa for hot sex on the snowy moon, but you act like it is just as absurd.

Lots of people have called out obvious frauds in this thread. I wouldn't want to be associated with a Steven Greer or someone like that. But they are separate from the phenomenon, just like alchemists were separate from chemistry and plague doctors were separate from microbiology. Hucksters have used poor understandings of comtemporaneously unknown phenomena for centuries.

A glitch in an infrared camera does not cause the glitch to manifest as a radar-identifiable object, so their explanation is dumb.
Only Mick Westapproved explanations are allowed, sir! This is now a debunking thread! /s

Maybe it's people like you who make them afraid?
Sure, that must be the reason, not the lack of evidence, not their own military debunking these stories. It's me! :messenger_tears_of_joy:
As far as I'm concerned, you're the ones in search of the fabled philosopher's stone. I've already determined that alien spacecraft simply do not exist and for good reason.

Huckster's won't get rich from me, they've got nothing I want. The ufologists on the other hand are gobbling these stories up like crazy.

Sure, that must be the reason, not the lack of evidence, not their own military debunking these stories. It's me! :messenger_tears_of_joy:
As far as I'm concerned, you're the ones in search of the fabled philosopher's stone. I've already determined that alien spacecraft simply do not exist and for good reason.

Huckster's won't get rich from me, they've got nothing I want. The ufologists on the other hand are gobbling these stories up like crazy.

Did the military debunk it? They said there could have been a radar glitch bit did not address the radar corroboration.

And, if anything, they are confirming it now.

Why are you so strangely insistent on these objects either being hoaxes or aliens? It's not a binary lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom