• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aliens and UFOs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
On the plus side, the thread is jumping today. On the downside today I Iearned we are all morons for discussing this harmless stuff. What to do?
I will never understand the hostility people have against those who have different opinions about this stuff. No one here is selling anything or profiting from the less fortunate. It's just a chill topic. These clowns give skepticism a bad rap.

I enjoy the content posted and the general tone of the thread. Shame a few have to come in to let everyone know how much smarter they are than everyone else in the world.

Romulus

They released a successful TV show and have more on the way.. and are getting a ton of mainstream support for the material they are using in these TV shows. How is that not "looking up" compared to 2017's wet fart of a funding round?

We are just going to agree to disagree that this conflates well to someone "using their past work to find more work".. these aren't Naval engineers going into consumer engineering.. they aren't using skills in a new career, they are using their credentials to sell TV shows.

Even releasing a series of shows doesn't mean its making money yet. They could have a forecast in place that in a few years it could be profitable. Oftentimes businessness play the long game.

It seems like to me they Elizondo and Mellon took a different approach against the government hiding info. If it was not the mellon we wouldn't have much of this information. Is elizondo even with them anymore?

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Even releasing a series of shows doesn't mean its making money yet. They could have a forecast in place that in a few years it could be profitable. Oftentimes businessness play the long game.

It seems like to me they Elizondo and Mellon took a different approach against the government hiding info. If it was not the mellon we wouldn't have much of this information. Is elizondo even with them anymore?
All they've done is publicize info that wasn't classified...as Harry Reid points out, they weren't hiding this stuff.

And no, neither Mellon or Elizondo or the other Naval intelligence guy are there anymore.. they all cashed out at the end of last year... or at least no longer work there, not sure if they still hold ownership stakes.

And it's all about company valuation, not profit, in the world of business.. beside the point, Elizondo left the DOD and immediately founded a company that used the UFO footage that he had specifically asked if he could spread.. whether the venture failed at making money or not is kind of beside the point. Fairly obvious to me had Tom Delgne in his ear that whole time, and the series of events was coordinated... 1) ask permission to publicize footage, 2) leave DOJ, 3) be given shares in a company that is trying to start a $50 million funding round that happens to be using said footage for publicity

Last edited:

Romulus

All they've done is publicize info that wasn't classified...as Harry Reid points out, they weren't hiding this stuff.

And no, neither Mellon or Elizondo or the other Naval intelligence guy are there anymore.. they all cashed out at the end of last year... or at least no longer work there, not sure if they still hold ownership stakes.

And it's all about company valuation, not profit, in the world of business.. beside the point, Elizondo left the DOD and immediately founded a company that used the UFO footage that he had specifically asked if he could spread.. whether the venture failed at making money or not is kind of beside the point. Fairly obvious to me had Tom Delgne in his ear that whole time, and the series of events was coordinated... 1) ask permission to publicize footage, 2) leave DOJ, 3) be given shares in a company that is trying to start a $50 million funding round that happens to be using said footage for publicity

Hm, yeah I didn't mean they were spewing classified info. They would be jailed. Just making the obvious known and pushing for the government to do more.
The only way the videos would have been leaked was via Mellon.

Lol cashed out. Fucking Microsoft execs over here can't even make evaluations.

I feel more than anything that Elizondo and mellon are passionate about it. That's more obvious than anything to me. Nothing else comes through to me other than that. Of course that's speculation just like the money hat super scam theory.

IntentionalPun

Lol cashed out.
Why are you laughing at this?

Of course that's speculation just like the money hat super scam theory.
It's not a "theory" that they were attempting to make money from this. They were, it's a fact.

How you interpret that is up to you; and some of what I've said is theorized (that Elizondo coordinated leaving/forming the company with Tom D.), but you don't create a for-profit company to not make money.

Last edited:

Keihart

Midway through this i was like...
iu

Romulus

Why are you laughing at this?

It's not a "theory" that they were attempting to make money from this. They were, it's a fact.

How you interpret that is up to you; and some of what I've said is theorized (that Elizondo coordinated leaving/forming the company with Tom D.), but you don't create a for-profit company to not make money.

I was just laughing because I took cashed out literally. Elizondo always wearing the same dingy looking clothes. Even his 60 minutes suit was way too big. Couldn't even get a new one fitted.
Yeah making money on it is completely fine to me so long as its not a scam. They made money before in the field of UAPs and I would rather him do it than some other 'expert.'

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

I was just laughing because I took cashed out literally. Elizondo always wearing the same dingy looking clothes. Even his 60 minutes suit was way too big. Couldn't even get a new one fitted.
Yeah making money on it is completely fine to me so long as its not a scam. They made money before in the field of UAPs and I would rather him do it than some other 'expert.'
I was just suggesting they may have sold their shares in the company. Cashed out is just.. how someone might colloquially describe that. As I've repeatedly said, there's no indication the company was a great money making success or that the valuation has really gone anywhere.

But all they've said is they 'left"; so not sure on whether they still are owners.

Remind me again: how is Luis Elizondo profiting from this?

I feel like I have been snookered into the UFO phenomenon again only to be utterly disappointed by the report in June.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Remind me again: how is Luis Elizondo profiting from this?
He left the DOD and became one of the founders of a for profit company called To The Stars. They immediately publicized the videos this latest round of UFO hype are based on (and he had requested permission to release them to the public right before leaving the DOD) and attempted to sell shares in their company for a high price. That company also produced the TV show he appeared in among other ventures.

Last edited:

Romulus

He left the DOD and became one of the founders of a for profit company called To The Stars. They immediately publicized the videos this latest round of UFO hype are based on (and he had requested permission to release them to the public right before leaving the DOD) and attempted to sell shares in their company for a high price. That company also produced the TV show he appeared in among other ventures.

This does not list him as a founder. Key people can just mean a well known name.

Romulus

To the Stars also has a contract with the US Army.

"U.S. Army have announced a Cooperative Research and Development Agreement with To The Stars. The former are interested in the “material science, space-time metric engineering, quantum physics, beamed energy propulsion, and active camouflage” research of the Academy."

Shai-Tan

Banned
I will never understand the hostility people have against those who have different opinions about this stuff. No one here is selling anything or profiting from the less fortunate. It's just a chill topic. These clowns give skepticism a bad rap.

I enjoy the content posted and the general tone of the thread. Shame a few have to come in to let everyone know how much smarter they are than everyone else in the world.
yeah, it's mostly harmless. I get why some people get heated because it is connected to a specific meaning of the word "bullshit" in philosophy which is something like lacking in "epistemic conscientiousness" (using our faculties to the best of our ability in order to get the truth), but that also applies to skeptics who close themselves off from new information by labeling everything they think is implausible as crazy without even looking into the alternative explanations. Presumably interested people don't just want to revel in the mystery. There are good reasons to doubt the more fanciful explanations (and why what ufology does is considered pseudoscience), however, given the nature of the evidence there probably won't be a satisfying conclusion to draw from it, including what has yet to be revealed in government reports.

QSD

What if I were to tell you all the most strident skeptics are former abductees who have been chipped and brainwashed by ET's to oppose and ridicule any discussion of UFO activity. The bad temper is caused by the lengthy anal probing procedure that is necessary to implant the technology.

Ammogeddon

CNN Indonesia reporting this apparently

I’d suggest it’s fake.

A simple search on Google for UFO, CNN and Indonesia brings back nothing.

Unless you’re the owner of that YouTube profile I’m surprised you came across it. Barely any views on their videos.

INC

I’d suggest it’s fake.

A simple search on Google for UFO, CNN and Indonesia brings back nothing.

Unless you’re the owner of that YouTube profile I’m surprised you came across it. Barely any views on their videos.

I search UFO and last hour/today for videos, because youtube algorithm is fucked and only shows the same videos no matter what you search

Thats the only way to find new videos, and unfortunately there's about 99.99% cgi BS, But sometimes you get some odd ones

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I do know alot if his body of work, I've watched many if his talks and interviews.
And yeh he's certainly got some crazy theories

I know you know. The only reason I mentioned his name was in regards to your Bohemian Grove remark and how he's done massive research regarding satanic sacrifice and it's ET origin.

Isn’t he the guy who created the idea of lizard people and he thinks he’s a god?

No and no.

make up your own mind

Make up his mind about what exactly?

This one "interview" is a prime example for why I stopped watching, listening and reading mainstream programming a little less than 15 years ago.

Also, don't forget the follow up:

Please ignore the background synths and how it's sole purpose is to emotionally charge Ickes words. No manipulation needed. Also excuse the beautiful Dutch language in the subs.. I was looking for the original clean upload but I guess it's gone.

Last edited:

INC

He's been listed as a founder in articles based on interviews.

But either way.. he literally left, went to work for TTSA, and TTSA publicized the videos he requested he be able to make public.

So the question, to the side of that.......why are they allowing it to be to released? And admit they're legit, so TTSA can make money? So they can have bills past when disclosuring ufo information to the senate?

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I know you know. The only reason I mentioned his name was in regards to your Bohemian Grove remark and how he's done massive research regarding satanic sacrifice and it's ET origin.

No and no.

This one "interview" is a prime example for why I stopped watching, listening and reading mainstream programming a little less than 15 years ago.

Please ignore the background synths and how it's sole purpose is to emotionally charge Ickes words. No manipulation needed. Also excuse the beautiful Dutch language in the subs.. I was looking for the original clean upload but I guess it's gone.

He is extremely well spoken (or maybe it's the stupid music).
But I personally do not believe there is any hidden controlling organization to world or USA. Absolutely not. This could not be a secret. People are not this organized

IntentionalPun

So the question, to the side of that.......why are they allowing it to be to released? And admit they're legit, so TTSA can make money? So they can have bills past when disclosuring ufo information to the senate?
Because it wasn't classified.. it would have been released had someone bothered to do a FOIA request as well.

Bragr

Banned
Are you saying that he is a shill trying to make money from the currents events or that he is using dirty tactics to fake the UFO hype?

INC

Because it wasn't classified.. it would have been released had someone bothered to do a FOIA request as well.

Ah yes true, but still, it is odd to say yeh it legit.......if its theres, isnt that displaying their inventory to world, or its an admittance to being powerless to these "objects"

I was listening to a podcast on this the subject in general, and I heard an odd comparison, the reports and how its being reported is almost identical to the 1950s coverage on the subject

Bragr

Banned

No and no.

David Icke uses the same "programming" techniques as the media outlets in his weird shit.

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Isn’t he the guy who created the idea of lizard people and he thinks he’s a god?

Sorry, "Son of the Godhead".. and.. he definitely wrote a book about lizard people controlling the world in 1999.. isn't he credited with essentially popularizing that?

No apologies needed my friend.

First of all, you undoubtedly heard of the phrase "We're all Gods children" .. It's pretty much the same thing except for the name given to the universal concept of divine creation. In his interpretation at the time I guess he found "the godhead" a suitable name for said concept. Mr. Wogan choose to intentionally misinterpret this remark to score points. A child could see this.

Secondly, creating and popularizing an, in this case, very common and recurring symbolic theme regarding a reptilian presence is quite the distinction, isn't it?

If you would've started with the latter I would've instead said your correct. But again, that's quite different from creating said concept.

But I personally do not believe there is any hidden controlling organization to world or USA. Absolutely not. This could not be a secret. People are not this organized

You are free to incorporate and hence believe what you deem is necessary to function within said mental construct my friend. That's the beauty of it all, right?

IntentionalPun

Are you saying that he is a shill trying to make money from the currents events or that he is using dirty tactics to fake the UFO hype?
No; I'm saying he has been working for a company trying to profit off of UFO hype since he left the DOD. It's very likely he was given shares in said company, as the early employees were, according to their financial records. He's called one of the "founders" in an interview I read, but maybe they just mean "founding employees."

It's up to you whether you decide if that makes him less trustworthy; for me personally it doesn't sit well.

At this point, this is going in circles.. I've explained all of this in detail in other posts.. I'm gonna try not to respond anymore as people can just read those, and I don't want to dominate the thread.

Last edited:

Romulus

So are they organized enough to create huge techological breakthroughs in various areas at the same time in complete secret?

INC

No; I'm saying he has been working for a company trying to profit off of UFO hype since he left the DOD. It's very likely he was given shares in said company, as the early employees were, according to their financial records.

It's up to you whether you decide if that makes him less trustworthy; for me personally it doesn't sit well.

Keeping that white chin minge, well groomed, doesn't come cheap

Bragr

Banned
No; I'm saying he has been working for a company trying to profit off of UFO hype since he left the DOD. It's very likely he was given shares in said company, as the early employees were, according to their financial records. He's called one of the "founders" in an interview I read, but maybe they just mean "founding employees."

But doesn't it make sense that you try and earn a living if your work concentrates around UFOs? I think most people would try to make a profit.

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
David Icke uses the same "programming" techniques as the media outlets in his weird shit.

I'm sure he does. And to be upfront I'd like to say I don't condone such techniques.

It's the very reason I don't put absolute faith and trust in the mediums whence information stems form. Humans are inherently flawed. It's our responsibility to be conscious and aware enough to look and read past these flaws.

Romulus

But doesn't it make sense that you try and earn a living if your work concentrates around UFOs? I think most people would try to make a profit.

And that's the thing for me, its obvious theres something to this. It doesn't seem like he just created this uap issue out of thin air, and he has experience with it. Why not? What other jobs are available in such a field if you're interested in it. To me, if he truly saw this information and he knew for certain this phenomenon was out there, it only makes sense that he would want to stay in the same field. Theres a difference between us and him. By that I mean its likely he saw some really intriguing shit, raw data.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

What "work" did he do for the DOD, that he is doing now? He starred in TV shows for the DOD?

The company he worked for (TTSA, the Blink 182 guys company) leveraged his credentials to make the big TV show they produced more reputable and to become a mini-celebrity. They also used those credentials to try to justify a high price for their funding round; you can find their blurbs to investors online.

It is what it is; but trying to act like this is a normal "using your past experience" job transition is bizarre to me. He ended up with the rare DOD job that he could spin into a celebrity status; he fashions himself a "whistleblower" when all of this information is actually not classified, and could be requested by and publicized by any media outlet through FOIA.
And that's the thing for me, its obvious theres something to this. It doesn't seem like he just created this uap issue out of thin air, and he has experience with it. Why not? What other jobs are available in such a field if you're interested in it. To me, if he truly saw this information and he knew for certain this phenomenon was out there, it only makes sense that he would want to stay in the same field. Theres a difference between us and him. By that I mean its likely he saw some really intriguing shit, raw data.

That's the carrot on a stick he uses to make the documentaries more intriguing.. when the Senator who got the funding for the project claims that the majority of their work is not classified.

We don't know what is classified and why.. it could be anything.. not necessarily anything particularly intriguing either.

Last edited:

Romulus

What "work" did he do for the DOD, that he is doing now? He starred in TV shows for the DOD?

The company he worked for (TTSA, the Blink 182 guys company) leveraged his credentials to make the big TV show they produced more reputable and to become a mini-celebrity. They also used those credentials to try to justify a high price for their funding round; you can find their blurbs to investors online.

It is what it is; but trying to act like this is a normal "using your past experience" job transition is bizarre to me. He ended up with the rare DOD job that he could spin into a celebrity status; he fashions himself a "whistleblower" when all of this information is actually not classified, and could be requested by and publicized by any media outlet through FOIA.

But don't you usually get credible people on your tv shows? What's different here? If you're doing a show about airliner travel, you might have a real pilot or airline director. You could also leverage them in advertising and you would need to pay the pilot. No big deal. What's so different in this case?

Even if you paid the pilot for months to come back and do interviews, does that matter? Or should he be out flying instead?

Last edited:

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE

You try fighting for the truth for decades on minimum wage and pass the opportunity to make a more than good living off of it when I comes. Takes a strong personality doenst it..

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Bit left field, but entertaining

Oh man I've been following him since he started but haven't felt the inclination to watch for months.. Saw this vid pop up couple days ago, it's in line with his previous *conclusion* regarding the whereabouts of Atlantis isn't it? Might give it a watch tonight!

Another recent upload:

Have to watch it yet.

Jaxcellent

People will probably disagree and make jokes about the camera not being steady or it being a balloon or something, and you know, thats fine, everyone can have their own opinion on any UFO footage, this is probably the best footage i have seen:

S

Shodan09

Unconfirmed Member
People will probably disagree and make jokes about the camera not being steady or it being a balloon or something, and you know, thats fine, everyone can have their own opinion on any UFO footage, this is probably the best footage i have seen:

Really interesting video. I do think it looks like a balloon reflecting sunlight but worth watching regardless.

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Thanks for this. I love his series on Atlantis. He makes some convincing points I think, although some internet autist will no doubt explain why I'm an idiot for thinking so.

Well, I'm autistic myself and don't feel that specific need. So I hope you're safe

With that said I do appreciate the negative connotation. J/k =)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom