• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aliens and UFOs

Status
Not open for further replies.

StormCell

Abductions have always be odd one to me, its probably just night terrors, most people with sleep paralysis describe shadow people and an inability to move

Thats a common condition, I reckon its just that, mixed with the fact you're half awake and half asleep.

DeGrasse is the scientific version of Jeremy Corbell

I found it too bad that during that portion of the conversation Tyson neglected that mobile broadband would probably succumb to interference. I don't know what would make him believe that streaming would be a thing during an alien abduction encounter...

Airola

Abductions have always be odd one to me, its probably just night terrors, most people with sleep paralysis describe shadow people and an inability to move

Thats a common condition, I reckon its just that, mixed with the fact you're half awake and half asleep.

Yeah, and it also sometimes causes out of body experiences. I haven't ever seen those "shadow people" but I've experienced all kinds of voices and noises and a very real feeling sensation of starting to float up. So I can very easily see a connection there. Someone feels they're being picked up on the air above, and sees odd characters. Yeah, sleep paralysis can do all of that.

But then there's the question of what that experience actually is. Maybe an abduction is sleep paralysis which in reality really is some sort of an alien abduction/visitation :D

QSD

How do I propose it knew the coordinates? It showed up at those exact coordinates. This is part of Fravor's story, isn't it? The rest is a leap that you have to take into consideration. Note that I'm not saying, hey, it was aggressive behavior, start shooting it. I'm saying, hey, that very well may have been some warning posturing happening by the fact that it knew our meet up location and chose to go there. That's eye opening if it is the case.
I wouldn't interpret this as 'posturing'. Maybe it just wanted to make friends?
Me, personally, am I worried by anything we can't blow out of the sky?

Shoot, I'm worried by the prospects that we may be coming face to face and eye to eye, very soon, with a race that is far superior to our own technologically.
If that's what this is, than they're already here. And they haven't destroyed us yet. This could also be hopeful.

It is not something I want for the human race. It would be far better for us to have another hundred years and for us to happen upon a race that is somewhere between the industrial revolution and the information age. I'm not saying that for 100% certain it will end poorly for us, but the odds are the odds and the history the history.
Here's where I think you should perhaps refrain from 'projecting' too much of our own (very specific) human history and nature on to a hypothetical race of utterly alien beings. If they're so far advanced that they can travel here, who knows but they might have shedded the impulse towards violence or conquest thousands of years ago.

Romulus

I think Neil is an intelligent, sometimes funny dude. But I think he's against going public about the more compelling cases recently. It just doesn't look good for most scientists. That's slowly changing though, some of his colleagues are already going public and saying things they never would have in past.

Airola

5besbfn79h171.jpg

If they are purposefully disarming nuclear weapons, why nuclear missiles still exist? They are able to pass through defense systems, they can go so fast nothing can catch them, they can avoid all bullets. They appear in nuclear bases and disarm some nuclear missiles. Why we still have nuclear missiles?

To me these stories about disarming nuclear missiles sound more like stories that some former officials tell to make them and their work feel more exciting. I mean, in the end they are the same people as we are. Just as much wanting to believe stuff, and just as willing to tell stories to create a sense of things being more exciting and important.

I'm not saying they are certainly lying. I'm just saying that something "coming from a high ranking ex-official" doesn't really mean that much in itself.

INC

If they are purposefully disarming nuclear weapons, why nuclear missiles still exist? They are able to pass through defense systems, they can go so fast nothing can catch them, they can avoid all bullets. They appear in nuclear bases and disarm some nuclear missiles. Why we still have nuclear missiles?

To me these stories about disarming nuclear missiles sound more like stories that some former officials tell to make them and their work feel more exciting. I mean, in the end they are the same people as we are. Just as much wanting to believe stuff, and just as willing to tell stories to create a sense of things being more exciting and important.

I'm not saying they are certainly lying. I'm just saying that something "coming from a high ranking ex-official" doesn't really mean that much in itself.

You can look up the reports i believe, that was the point of the conference

Romulus

Maybe because they are lots of nuclear subs and the other 10,000+ nukes all over the world and start a disarming campaign would be almost impossible? Maybe if they went through the process, what would stop us from making more? Idk, if true, maybe they are trying to send us a message to stop but everything gets caught up in fake news. Not sure why Russians are also making up the same stories for years.

Off subject, here are some astronomers notes, even before the Wright Bros

jsMdmr3.jpg

Last edited:

Airola

Maybe because they are lots of nuclear subs and the other 10,000+ nukes all over the world and start a disarming campaign would be almost impossible? Maybe if they went through the process, what would stop us from making more? Idk, if true, maybe they are trying to send us a message to stop but everything gets caught up in fake news. Not sure why Russians are also making up the same stories for years.

I guess it's also a possibility that the point wasn't to disarm them, but to take nuclear energy for their own use, or something like that. And maybe that was just the amount they needed.

Flares........?

Sure there's loads of eye witnesses, but yet to see a decent video of the PL, the videos show as evidence were actually flares apparently, or the most famous video that everyone shows

I wanna see a video of what everyone describes, an object blacking out the stars as it moved past, I've yet to see anything like that tho

Not saying its BS, just the videos shown were debunked years ago, and even some urologist say the videos shown aren't the actual PL......So.......

I will say there was a fuck load of witnesses including then mayor, even tho he joked about it on stage with a dude dressed as an alien

If anything its great tourism, why else would anyone go to Phoenix lol

The Phoenix lights were actually two different events - the later one explained by the flares and the other not.

Romulus

I guess it's also a possibility that the point wasn't to disarm them, but to take nuclear energy for their own use, or something like that. And maybe that was just the amount they needed.

Yeah, in the Russian's case though, they reported the countdown was remotely initiated and stopped at 1 second in conjunction with a UAP above their base. It's in the phenomenon doc

There's a lot of reports that I believe including David Fravor's story in that there is at least something that is defying known laws of physics and it's aerial. I also think that forming beliefs either in favor or against the idea that some UFO's are not of this earth just dooms you to potential ignorance. It's a 50/50 shot in the dark either way you go so I'd rather just be open minded about it.

So wheres the 2 different events on film, to compare them.

IIRC the first was shorter, with a boomerang-shaped craft. I heard about it years ago on C2C and other places.

It gets a mention in the first five minutes or so. I believe the second half is where they talk to one of the witnesses who saw it and they discuss the two events.

Last edited:

INC

IIRC the first was shorter, with a boomerang-shaped craft. I heard about it years ago on C2C and other places.

It gets a mention in the first five minutes or so. I believe the second half is where they talk to one of the witnesses who saw it and they discuss the two events.

So just a mention, no actual video, be interesting to see it, if it exists, I've never seen a giant boomerangs ufo video, only the supposed flare 2nd video

So just a mention, no actual video, be interesting to see it, if it exists, I've never seen a giant boomerangs ufo video, only the supposed flare 2nd video

One of the hosts mentions it - I believe this is the ep where they actually talk to someone about it. This was from way back in 2007 - I used to listen to this podcast in HS and college, but I specifically remember hearing them talk about the two events. Just not sure of which ep it was.

Last edited:

INC

One of the hosts mentions it - I believe this is the ep where they actually talk to someone about it. This was from way back in 2007 - I used to listen to this podcast in HS and college, but I specifically remember hearing them talk about the two events.

Yes thats what I've also heard, hence why I wonder why the second event was never captured

Romulus

Watched the rest of it. I like his thought process.

1) radar glitch. Sure, this is possible, right? Anything is, but wasn't it tracked by 2 separate radars doing crazy shit? I'm almost certain it was. And they said the destroyer reset their system to recheck the data and confirmed. Okay, no problem, maybe it's some glitch that even the operators couldn't understand. The radar reported extreme verticality speeds, not something possible in fighter jets. You can't just dive to straight down to sea level.

2) pilot accounts. You have two pilots reporting the object moved at speeds that were unbelievable. It was just "gone." These are fighter pilots in jets that break the sound barrier. Okay, fine, maybe they're confused. The pilots reported extreme verticality speeds too, not something possible in fighter jets. You can't just climb straight up from a hover.

3) Sonar. Sonar techs reported the object underwater outpacing the fastest torpedos by over 2x

Then you have to account for all the other cases in other countries that fighter pilots also reported insanely fast objects that were tracked on the radar too. They can't all be wrong all the time for decades. Makes no sense to me.

Last edited:

Ensoul

Man my buddy is really into this and he keeps sending me daily news reports.

He bet me $100 by 2024 there will be an alien attack or a US attack on what is perceived to be something from out of this world.

I'll gladly take his money lol

INC

He bet me $100 by 2024 there will be an alien attack or a US attack on what is perceived to be something from out of this world.

Guess he's into project blue beam, if not tell him to look into it, that'll make him up his bet with you

I'll take 20% ;)

Last edited:

StormCell

This was an interesting read. I'm not as nuanced on the facts surrounding Elizondo and his ties with To the Stars, so some of the details in the article raised some flags for me. Maybe IntentionalPun IntentionalPun will give it a read and help out. For one, I thought the videos Elizondo publicized were already declassified, but this article makes the claim that he had them declassified (which would fit with his story, I think). Everything else of note in this article are claims made by Elizondo, and I assume that anyone can launch a complaint, even a potentially baseless one, without facing legal repercussions (ie. you can't go to jail for lodging a phonie complaint at your boss).

Romulus

You guys made a bet 3 years out for $100 on an alien attack. First off, if supposed 'aliens' did attack us, you wouldn't be worried about a $100. And if the US attacked perceived 'aliens' how would either of you prove it was real or not? Sounds like drunk conversation or made up, none of it makes any sense.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
This was an interesting read. I'm not as nuanced on the facts surrounding Elizondo and his ties with To the Stars, so some of the details in the article raised some flags for me. Maybe IntentionalPun IntentionalPun will give it a read and help out. For one, I thought the videos Elizondo publicized were already declassified, but this article makes the claim that he had them declassified (which would fit with his story, I think). Everything else of note in this article are claims made by Elizondo, and I assume that anyone can launch a complaint, even a potentially baseless one, without facing legal repercussions (ie. you can't go to jail for lodging a phonie complaint at your boss).
Here's the DOD themselves stating they were unclassified:

Not "declassified." Unclassified means the material was never classified. Media that has done it's job will mention that Elizondo "requested the release" of the videos; media that hasn't will claim it's been "declassified."

Also.. might note that Bryan Bender, the author of the Politico article..... was in.. guess what? To The Stars Academy's, Elizondo's former employers, History Channel Documentary (really, it's just entertainment, like much of what is on History channel):

He's yet another character witness basically... used to hype up the idea that there is "more to this story they can't tell you"!

Elizondo's program was also never given any special security level.. it was just.. a DOD program.. anything at the DOD you aren't supposed to just release info to the public.. but most of what they looked at/worked on was not "Classified", not illegal to release things.. just not proper, and could get you fired, which is why Elizondo asked.

Last edited:

Ensoul

You guys made a bet 3 years out for $100 on an alien attack. First off, if supposed 'aliens' did attack us, you wouldn't be worried about a $100. And if the US attacked perceived 'aliens' how would either of you prove it was real or not? Sounds like drunk conversation or made up, none of it makes any sense.
Lol I couldn't even make this up He's texting me this shit at like 7:00 in the morning. I mean why not take the bet? Best case scenario nothing happens and I'm $100 richer.

This a bit more to it than just aliens attacking. He says the aliens could do a mild attack just show their presence as a warning because they think we're ruining this earth.

His second theory is that the government is creating all these UFOs, they're going to attack it which will give them funding for whatever space program they're interested in.

More or less the bet is any sort of aggressive military action towards something that's considered alien and he wins.

I told him that none of this is going to happen because if the government legitimately mentions aliens there's going to be mass chaos.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

To reiterate: my stance is.. the videos are interesting for sure. Worthy of discussion; some of the people surrounding the story on the other hand I don't personally trust. There's a big smell of grift in the air.

Romulus

The videos are pretty underwhelming by themselves. But the associated cases with fighter pilots from all over the world from different eras is still my biggest interest. No way in hell they're all lying and telling such similar stories. Might not be aliens, but it's something. And when they have video and other data backing them up it's even more compelling. I'm still looking into the Iranian case now.

MachRc

like one more hour left for the new footage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am hoping for that 50ft closeup photo of UAP

INC

If its more grainy footage.........

Guess we'll see, just hope its more compelling , or its just to get hits on his twitter

Romulus

I'm expecting it to be grainy because I don't think military cameras are setup to see details of aircraft. They already know the type of aircraft it is by ELINT

StormCell

lol @ $20 million fighter jet and a $10 camera

PS. I'm not claiming anyone said this, but it's what immediately popped into my mind reading grainy photo or grainy footage.

Last edited:

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
Not sure if this idea has been floated around already, but I was thinking....could it not be some sort of advanced military tech in order to deceive the enemy; creating holograms, fooling radars, etc

INC

^dope. I'll check it out.

Its more to simulated ufos, to push the next control over the world.

A false flag ufo invasion, using holograms...........if u believe that that type of thing

I'm just the messager lol

Last edited:

Romulus

Not sure if this idea has been floated around already, but I was thinking....could it not be some sort of advanced military tech in order to deceive the enemy; creating holograms, fooling radars, etc

Yeah, the issue is this goes back to WW2 documented by fighter pilots all over the world, objects with extreme maneuverability and even bullet invulnerability. The description of movement are very similar to the tic tac in 2004.

Last edited:

Romulus

lol @ $20 million fighter jet and a $10 camera

PS. I'm not claiming anyone said this, but it's what immediately popped into my mind reading grainy photo or grainy footage.

It's because it's not for details. The sensors paint what the pilot needs to see. A Mig, tank, etc looks like a tank, no need to see the dirt on the metal etc. But with UFOs people need to see extreme clarity just so they can say CGI.

Romulus

Black dude's story sounds exactly like the descriptions the WW2 pilots described in my above video

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

The videos are pretty underwhelming by themselves. But the associated cases with fighter pilots from all over the world from different eras is still my biggest interest. No way in hell they're all lying and telling such similar stories. Might not be aliens, but it's something. And when they have video and other data backing them up it's even more compelling. I'm still looking into the Iranian case now.
Yeah I agree.. the pilots who have made statements seem to just be doing so w/o any other potential motive than to tell their stories. Doesn't mean some of their statements are actually accurate.. as in they think they saw something move a certain speed, and doesn't mean they actually did.. but I don't think they are lying.

They've seen shit they can't explain; the military says it can't be explained, etc.

I think the military is playing coy; has some pretty valid theories they aren't going to share for instance. But I do believe they don't know for sure; hence their "can't be explained" statements.

Last edited:

Romulus

Yeah I agree.. the pilots who have made statements seem to just be doing so w/o any other potential motive than to tell their stories. Doesn't mean some of their statements are actually accurate.. as in they think they saw something move a certain speed, and doesn't mean they actually did.. but I don't think they are lying.

They've seen shit they can't explain; the military says it can't be explained, etc.

I think the military is playing coy; has some pretty valid theories they aren't going to share for instance. But I do believe they don't know for sure; hence their "can't be explained" statements.

If it was one pilot or even ten, I would raise an eyebrow, but at this point, it just spans across too many decades and different nations to hold that level of consistency of reporting.

Romulus

This a Reddit post explaining the radar video, refuting pretty much everything Mick West suspected. Balloon lol

Last edited:

Romulus

They bring up an EXTREMELY good point. Why would a foreign adversary be galavanting their advanced new 'drones' in US waters? If there was any mishap or anything at all that caused it to crash, the US would almost certainly recover it. If it's US military drones, why are they fucking with their own ships so often since 2004? Flying extremely close and nearly hitting F18s on several occasions. None of it makes any sense.

Last edited:

Shadowplay1979

Gold Member
Interesting, more stuff like radar data would be nice but right now you could tell me that was a bunch of bigfeet riding dolphins and i couldnt dispute it since i have no idea whats going on. Ill hold off until some radar experts chime in ( that are not connected to the elizondo camp) . It would be nice to have a breakdown , the reddit one is interesting but thats a random anonymous person.

Any radar experts or military on this forum? There was a woman who posts from a ship sometimes on here, i forgot her name though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom