• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aliens and UFOs

Status
Not open for further replies.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
People will probably disagree and make jokes about the camera not being steady or it being a balloon or something, and you know, thats fine, everyone can have their own opinion on any UFO footage, this is probably the best footage i have seen:

This video has been posted before. Not joking, but pretty sure it has been confirmed to be a kids balloon.

QSD

Make up his mind about what exactly?
About David Icke, for better or for worse. Look, I don't really hate the guy, but the whole Rose/Icke thing at the beginning of the pandemic really rubbed me the wrong way. It seemed to me like an unscrupulous cash grab, but I concede that Brian may have misled David.

QSD

Slight derail: I was listening to the below conversation on the train today and I just have to paste this segment, since it's so topical to what happened here yesterday, and it's very seldom that people openly discuss their "dark side"
I timestamped it so it drops right into it

Last edited:

INC

I know its secureteam

Starting to loose faith, that it is all BS

Oh well, back to lizard people and flat earth it is

Last edited:

StormCell

I know its secureteam

Oh well, back to lizard people and flat earth it is

Well... this is turning out to be a real life X-file. There is more smoke than ever, but how much of it is mirrors meant to deceive us? I think we all know that there is something more than a clever deception, but we may never get the whole truth...

Ikutachi

Go Ahead Reaction GIF

I know its secureteam

Whatevers going to be released in June I am betting is going to be disappointing to ufofologists in general.

At most I'd be shocked (happily) if it was confirmed that these objects do behave in a manner that laughs at our current knowledge of the laws of physics and that they do not know who manufactures them.

It's a small step but a step nonetheless. Anyone expecting any sort of "full disclosure" is going to leave incredibly frustrated.

And to reiterate, yes, I do think there's something up because of my own sighting but I can't see the government opening up so easy.

INC

Whatevers going to be released in June I am betting is going to be disappointing to ufofologists in general.

At most I'd be shocked (happily) if it was confirmed that these objects do behave in a manner that laughs at our current knowledge of the laws of physics and that they do not know who manufactures them.

It's a small step but a step nonetheless. Anyone expecting any sort of "full disclosure" is going to leave incredibly frustrated.

And to reiterate, yes, I do think there's something up because of my own sighting but I can't see the government opening up so easy.

Only hopes is for no more blurry bullshit video, and something more compelling

Romulus

Secureteam said a bunch of stuff that's already been said. That IR F-18 video was never a good case to begin with. He pretty much skates around the better cases or says stuff that's been disproven. The rotation of the craft is not the gimbal, that's been disputed by Fravor and stabilizing the video.

Secureteam is upset because a lot of channels were built around the Nimitz TicTac encounter, and Secureteam was barely posting at all. He didn't post for over a year when all this was going on and now all of a sudden new UFO channels are flexing on him.

I can't speak for others, but I only *know* what I experience directly. That is my measuring stick for truth. I don't blindly accept what I'm told by *anyone*, let alone the shit-stirring bastards in power that get off on oppression, suppression and manipulation to serve their own purposes.

INC

Secureteam said a bunch of stuff that's already been said. That IR F-18 video was never a good case to begin with. He pretty much skates around the better cases or says stuff that's been disproven. The rotation of the craft is not the gimbal, that's been disputed by Fravor and stabilizing the video.

Secureteam is upset because a lot of channels were built around the Nimitz TicTac encounter, and Secureteam was barely posting at all. He didn't post for over a year when all this was going on and now all of a sudden new UFO channels are flexing on him.

Fravor is the only thing for me that seems legit

I just let my hype get in the way of these videos, the fact they can be debunked (if you side that way) mean they're obviously not that good of footage, they werent even classified technically

Theyre the perfect case of ufo meaning mis-identified (if you believe the debunk)

The only one they don't debunk is the actual tik tac video. So Fravors case is still the most compelling

But they really need some decent footage now, even if all debunked videos are exactly that, at least its started the conversation.

But the footage needs to be hell of a lot better tha the current ones that have been "leaked"

Last edited:
People will probably disagree and make jokes about the camera not being steady or it being a balloon or something, and you know, thats fine, everyone can have their own opinion on any UFO footage, this is probably the best footage i have seen:

If that's the best footage you've seen, I'll refilm it steadily on my kids 12th birthday. That's a balloon. The thing about UFO footage is, you need to be skeptic and you can't have an opinion. It needs to be a fact otherwise you just cry wolf on a constant basis. You need to be open to the fact that humans are wrong about UFO's 99% of the time.

Last edited:

Jaxcellent

If that's the best footage you've seen, I'll refilm it steadily on my kids 12th birthday. That's a balloon. The thing about UFO footage is, you need to be skeptic and you can't have an opinion. It needs to be a fact otherwise you just cry wolf on a constant basis. You need to be open to the fact that humans are wrong about UFO's 99% of the time.
Right, please show me the best footage you have seen: I'm curious what looks real for you.

INC

H

Honestly, the Phoenix Lights seemed pretty significant. They were definitely not a balloon.
VIDEO: It's been 21 years since mysterious lights hovered over Phoenix - YouTube

Flares........?

Sure there's loads of eye witnesses, but yet to see a decent video of the PL, the videos show as evidence were actually flares apparently, or the most famous video that everyone shows

I wanna see a video of what everyone describes, an object blacking out the stars as it moved past, I've yet to see anything like that tho

Not saying its BS, just the videos shown were debunked years ago, and even some urologist say the videos shown aren't the actual PL......So.......

I will say there was a fuck load of witnesses including then mayor, even tho he joked about it on stage with a dude dressed as an alien

If anything its great tourism, why else would anyone go to Phoenix lol

Last edited:
Flares........?

Sure there's loads of eye witnesses, but yet to see a decent video of the PL, the videos show as evidence were actually flares apparently, or the most famous video that everyone shows

I wanna see a video of what everyone describes, an object blacking out the stars as it moved past, I've yet to see anything like that tho

Not saying its BS, just the videos shown were debunked years ago, and even some urologist say the videos shown aren't the actual PL......So.......

I will say there was a fuck load of witnesses including then mayor, even tho he joked about it on stage with a dude dressed as an alien

If anything its great tourism, why else would anyone go to Phoenix lol

Phoenix Lights - Wikipedia
Shortly after the lights, Arizona Governor Fife Symington III held a press conference, stating that "they found who was responsible". He proceeded to make light of the situation by bringing his aide on stage dressed in an alien costume. (Dateline, NBC). But in March 2007, Symington said that he had witnessed one of the "crafts of unknown origin" during the 1997 event, although he did not go public with the information.[26][27][28][29] In an interview with The Daily Courier in Prescott, Arizona, Symington said, "I'm a pilot and I know just about every machine that flies. It was bigger than anything that I've ever seen. It remains a great mystery. Other people saw it, responsible people. I don't know why people would ridicule it".[30] Symington had earlier said, "It was enormous and inexplicable. Who knows where it came from? A lot of people saw it, and I saw it too. It was dramatic. And it couldn't have been flares because it was too symmetrical. It had a geometric outline, a constant shape.[31]

SecularIX

Banned
I've played enough Elite Dangerous to know that you see alot of weird shit in Euclidean, 3-d space.

And no. No extraterrestrial beings have ever visited Earth.

Y'all fools believe anything the Pentagon tells you. lulz

Which is quite ironic.

Romulus

Fravor is the only thing for me that seems legit

I just let my hype get in the way of these videos, the fact they can be debunked (if you side that way) mean they're obviously not that good of footage, they werent even classified technically

Theyre the perfect case of ufo meaning mis-identified (if you believe the debunk)

The only one they don't debunk is the actual tik tac video. So Fravors case is still the most compelling

But they really need some decent footage now, even if all debunked videos are exactly that, at least its started the conversation.

But the footage needs to be hell of a lot better tha the current ones that have been "leaked"

Yeah the videos were never that great to begin with. And I mean anything can be debunked if that's what someone wants to believe. Theres infinite fallbacks, the last being CGI if its really good video. The thing about the fravor tic tac is it's not just him involved, and if that's real, more than likely others are.

StormCell

Yeah the videos were never that great to begin with. And I mean anything can be debunked if that's what someone wants to believe. Theres infinite fallbacks, the last being CGI if its really good video. The thing about the fravor tic tac is it's not just him involved, and if that's real, more than likely others are.
Details about the Nimitz encounter still seem kind of strange to me. Why would we send unarmed fighter jets to check out an unknown? The unknown disappeared and reappeared at the rendezvous coordinates, so I'm left wondering why this isn't a bigger deal to the Navy? They documented the event, but then this encounter was no longer classified at the time that Fravor came forward to share his story.

Is there something more the Navy isn't telling us about this incident that even Fravor isn't privileged to know?

Romulus

Details about the Nimitz encounter still seem kind of strange to me. Why would we send unarmed fighter jets to check out an unknown? The unknown disappeared and reappeared at the rendezvous coordinates, so I'm left wondering why this isn't a bigger deal to the Navy? They documented the event, but then this encounter was no longer classified at the time that Fravor came forward to share his story.

Is there something more the Navy isn't telling us about this incident that even Fravor isn't privileged to know?

To me, it's not a big deal because they couldnt do anything even if they want to. Their 20mm cannon rounds are literally slower than these uaps can travel, so it wouldn't even matter if they had them loaded. And their missiles are even slower than their 20mm rounds.
Basically all their projectiles are too slow to hit it.

Last edited:

StormCell

To me, it's not a big deal because they couldnt do anything even if they want to. Their 20mm cannon rounds are literally slower than these uaps can travel, so it wouldn't even matter if they had them loaded. And their missiles are even slower than their 20mm rounds.
Basically all their projectiles are too slow to hit it.

So your expectation is that if our military deems that their weapons are just not fast enough to hit the objects, then they just won't bother giving the objects any mind? It's just not the military that I thought it was, especially back in 2004 when we were at high alert for terrorism. They were watching something strange on radar for weeks, and then they sent unarmed fighter jets to look into it. Does that sound right to you?

I still detect a hint of aggressiveness in the act of appearing at the rendezvous coordinates for the carrier and the planes. It certainly begs the question of what would have happened if they continued on to those coordinates with the tic tac waiting there for them?

Last edited:

INC

So your expectation is that if our military deems that their weapons are just not fast enough to hit the objects, then they just won't bother giving the objects any mind? It's just not the military that I thought it was, especially back in 2004 when we were at high alert for terrorism. They were watching something strange on radar for weeks, and then they sent unarmed fighter jets to look into it. Does that sound right to you?

I still detect a hint of aggressiveness in the act of appearing at the rendezvous coordinates for the carrier and the planes. It certainly begs the question of what would have happened if they continued on to those coordinates with the tic tac waiting there for them?

They didn't just send them tho, they were on a training mission, and told to switch to real life scenario, that doesnt automatically equal combat.

QSD

This could very well be the reasoning. What else can they do? A lot also depends on what they suppose these phenomena to be. Perhaps they don't perceive hostile intent, and sending jets to try and intercept some elusive fringe phenomenon isn't really worth the investment otherwise.

I think inferring motivation is a fool's errand.

StormCell

They didn't just send them tho, they were on a training mission, and told to switch to real life scenario, that doesnt automatically equal combat.
No, they sent them on the training mission to look into the activity had been observing on radar, I thought. That's the way I have understood Fravor's story, and I've heard it multiple times. Switching to real life scenario doesn't suddenly arm the plane. The plane had no missiles or ammo. They were sent to investigate a strange unknown to verify if it was really there or just an artifact on the radar.

I'm not suggesting combat is the response. I'm suggesting that the Navy seems a bit too at ease with an event like this. If I were in command of the carrier and my rendezvous point just got compromised with my pilots returning from a training run to investigate an unknown, we would get our pilots back asap and go into total lockdown.

StormCell

This could very well be the reasoning. What else can they do? A lot also depends on what they suppose these phenomena to be. Perhaps they don't perceive hostile intent, and sending jets to try and intercept some elusive fringe phenomenon isn't really worth the investment otherwise.

I think inferring motivation is a fool's errand.
I think that emotional intelligence is largely what separates the successful from the merely hard-working. An object that was just being observed has disappeared but instead of running away it has turned up at your next stop and is waiting for you. That's not passive at all. That's active acknowledgement that it saw you trying to get in close to get a look at it. Just because I use the word aggressive doesn't mean on the attack or violent. Aggressive is a Russian fighter jet coming in too close to our ships and pulling up just 20 ft above their heads. It's like issuing a warning.

Romulus

Basically, we just have to hope they're not aggressive. Yeah, that's literally the approach in my mind. If the TAO(tactical action officer) is seeing tracks on radar doing those speeds and he's sending planes to look, in my mind he's hoping the planes aren't armed when they go have a look anyway.

Last edited:

INC

No, they sent them on the training mission to look into the activity had been observing on radar, I thought. That's the way I have understood Fravor's story, and I've heard it multiple times. Switching to real life scenario doesn't suddenly arm the plane. The plane had no missiles or ammo. They were sent to investigate a strange unknown to verify if it was really there or just an artifact on the radar.

I'm not suggesting combat is the response. I'm suggesting that the Navy seems a bit too at ease with an event like this. If I were in command of the carrier and my rendezvous point just got compromised with my pilots returning from a training run to investigate an unknown, we would get our pilots back asap and go into total lockdown.

No, they're were training pilots in a 2v2 skirmish i believe

QSD

I think that emotional intelligence is largely what separates the successful from the merely hard-working. An object that was just being observed has disappeared but instead of running away it has turned up at your next stop and is waiting for you. That's not passive at all. That's active acknowledgement that it saw you trying to get in close to get a look at it. Just because I use the word aggressive doesn't mean on the attack or violent. Aggressive is a Russian fighter jet coming in too close to our ships and pulling up just 20 ft above their heads. It's like issuing a warning.

You won't find any succes inferring emotions when you don't know whether the phenomenon you are observing has 'psychology' in any way that we would understand it. The 'waiting' you infer has very little to substantiate it.
There isn't anything wrong with not acting if you don't have enough information.

I don't know why it's so hard to accept there something flying around in the sky and we don't know what it is? What's wrong or undesirable about that narrative that you have to question it?

StormCell

You won't find any succes inferring emotions when you don't know whether the phenomenon you are observing has 'psychology' in any way that we would understand it. The 'waiting' you infer has very little to substantiate it.
There isn't anything wrong with not acting if you don't have enough information.

I don't know why it's so hard to accept there something flying around in the sky and we don't know what it is? What's wrong or undesirable about that narrative that you have to question it?
What else would the object be doing at the rendezvous coordinates? Do you propose it was an accident that it appeared at the same coordinates that the carrier and the jets were going to meet back up?

There's nothing wrong with not acting except that in other still unsubstantiated stories they have acted? There's nothing to indicate that they haven't acted. We've heard reports from potentially believable higher up sources that the crafts seem to absorb our attacks. That's not doing nothing, is it?

PS. I love this kind of conversation and love that you're pushing back on me. These are the topics that drive my interest in the UAP. I fully believe that there are objects flying around, but there are just so many questions and interesting aspects to the stories. There is so much to wonder about.

Last edited:

QSD

What else would the object be doing at the rendezvous coordinates? Do you propose it was an accident that it appeared at the same coordinates that the carrier and the jets were going to meet back up?
How do you propose it knew the coordinates? And if it did, then it's another leap to assume that it understands the context of a military rendez-vous. Maybe it does not understand what a military even is. Or why showing up at a pre-determined meeting point would be interpreted as an act of aggression.
There's nothing wrong with not acting except that in other still unsubstantiated stories they have acted? There's nothing to indicate that they haven't acted. We've heard reports from potentially believable higher up sources that the crafts seem to absorb our attacks. That's not doing nothing, is it?
Are you worried by anything you can't blow out of the sky, even before you have any indication of hostile intent? Perhaps they have acted in the past and concluded that it´s futile to try and pursue or intercept.

INC

Yes. Maybe he paid off a bunch of nuke officers to say those things. He could have also paid Russian etc nuke officers to give it more credibility worldwide.

At that time I feel Greer had good intentions, now tho........yeh......

StormCell

How do you propose it knew the coordinates? And if it did, then it's another leap to assume that it understands the context of a military rendez-vous. Maybe it does not understand what a military even is. Or why showing up at a pre-determined meeting point would be interpreted as an act of aggression.

Are you worried by anything you can't blow out of the sky, even before you have any indication of hostile intent? Perhaps they have acted in the past and concluded that it´s futile to try and pursue or intercept.

How do I propose it knew the coordinates? It showed up at those exact coordinates. This is part of Fravor's story, isn't it? The rest is a leap that you have to take into consideration. Note that I'm not saying, hey, it was aggressive behavior, start shooting it. I'm saying, hey, that very well may have been some warning posturing happening by the fact that it knew our meet up location and chose to go there. That's eye opening if it is the case.

Me, personally, am I worried by anything we can't blow out of the sky?

Shoot, I'm worried by the prospects that we may be coming face to face and eye to eye, very soon, with a race that is far superior to our own technologically. It is not something I want for the human race. It would be far better for us to have another hundred years and for us to happen upon a race that is somewhere between the industrial revolution and the information age. I'm not saying that for 100% certain it will end poorly for us, but the odds are the odds and the history the history. For all any of us know, we may just be like a fungus growing on this rock to them. Were they to make a small adjustment, the fungus might die off in 50 to 100 years, who knows. As I said before, it's not what I would want for the human race.

StormCell

As much negative stuff as I've been hearing about Tyson on this subject, that was a very clean and coherent approach he took on the whole topic. It's clearly not about his beliefs. He simply has no reason to believe aliens are visiting earth because no evidence has been given to him/them that represents confirmation of anything of the sort. You will see him change his mind quickly the moment he has tangible evidence confirming the claim.

INC

Abductions have always be odd one to me, its probably just night terrors, most people with sleep paralysis describe shadow people and an inability to move

Thats a common condition, I reckon its just that, mixed with the fact you're half awake and half asleep.

DeGrasse is the scientific version of Jeremy Corbell

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom