• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aliens and UFOs

Status
Not open for further replies.

QSD

Ancient Alien's entire shtick is to claim something has no explanation when it does. I would hope modern aliens/UFO conversations could move past that show lol
I for one enjoy all the weird "lore" that surrounds the alien topic and will be extremely disappointed if it turns out aliens did not help build stonehenge, the pyramids, atlantis (etc etc) and also if it turns out aliens do not have a creepy hybrid children breeding program.

INC

I for one enjoy all the weird "lore" that surrounds the alien topic and will be extremely disappointed if it turns out aliens did not help build stonehenge, the pyramids, atlantis (etc etc) and also if it turns out aliens do not have a creepy hybrid children breeding program.

Don't forget the inter-dimentional pedos that bred with the royal family

Last edited:

INC

Nice breakdown of how the jet sensors work, I dont know if 100%, im not a jet pilot

Last edited:

MadAnon

A few half decent one, cgi? Bug with slow shutter speed, balloon?

It can't get any funnier than the number 1 sighting at 15:00 mark.

It's amazing how much shit people can make up from a video of a simple aerial marker sphere on a power line.

Last edited:

MastaKiiLA

Another possibility: it’s not aliens but ourselves from the future traveling back in time to our present.
I wrote a term paper about this in my junior year in hs. Yes, I very much believed in UFOs and aliens, once upon a time. Just not anymore. Anyway, my paper went into detail about various cases, and how many abduction cases describe humanoid beings with features and behaviors that were eerily similar to our own. So I posited that perhaps aliens are future humans who've traveled back in time to search for information on modern day humans that might help their evolved future forms. Wacky, but easily the most fun I ever had writing a term paper.

Glip_Glop

What’s the consensus on the UFO/UAP subject? I’m working with MUFON Tv and I have been interviewing random people about what they believe it is. What I find fascinating is the reactions from Gen-X to this current generation (Z?). People in their 30’s seem to be more wary of the videos and evidence coming to light. Whereas the younger generations seem to be more aloof, almost like it ain’t no thing. The range of explanations go from “religious“, like fire-and-brimstone to sentient probe, like Max from Flight of the Navigator. Regardless of this, the consensus conclusions are “there’s something in our sky/water”. Also, if anyone is in the Tampa/St. Pete area, and wants an on-camera interview about the subject, let me know.

What’s the consensus on the UFO/UAP subject? I’m working with MUFON Tv and I have been interviewing random people about what they believe it is. What I find fascinating is the reactions from Gen-X to this current generation (Z?). People in their 30’s seem to be more wary of the videos and evidence coming to light. Whereas the younger generations seem to be more aloof, almost like it ain’t no thing. The range of explanations go from “religious“, like fire-and-brimstone to sentient probe, like Max from Flight of the Navigator. Regardless of this, the consensus conclusions are “there’s something in our sky/water”. Also, if anyone is in the Tampa/St. Pete area, and wants an on-camera interview about the subject, let me know.

Consensus on this forum?

Honestly I don't think we really have one other than what you mention. I've been a witness to a saucer UAP so in my opinion it's either military or some other type of intelligence, barring a foreign/rival nations' own hidden tech.

Leyasu

Banned
4 of us witnessed "something" in broad daylight in the UK over 20yrs which defied explanation.

A ball of light where the lights seemed to move on the edges, before dimming and revealing a solid black soundless, motionless object that faded out of view, only to reappear seconds later after having travelled a bit. This was repeated about 3 or 4 times before the object moved suddenly upwards, and left a transparent outline in its place which faded out of view. Certainly no helicopter or swamp gas.

This is no bullshit. I have no reason to write this or to try and impress a bunch of forumites like myself who I have never met or never will.

Glip_Glop

4 of us witnessed "something" in broad daylight in the UK over 20yrs which defied explanation.

A ball of light where the lights seemed to move on the edges, before dimming and revealing a solid black soundless, motionless object that faded out of view, only to reappear seconds later after having travelled a bit. This was repeated about 3 or 4 times before the object moved suddenly upwards, and left a transparent outline in its place which faded out of view. Certainly no helicopter or swamp gas.

This is no bullshit. I have no reason to write this or to try and impress a bunch of forumites like myself who I have never met or never will.
I believe it, I’ve heard 2 very similar stories, first hand, from 2 completely different people. These “orbs” seem to share a connection with the phenomena. I can’t, and will never claim to even have an idea of what this stuff is, let alone add what my thoughts are, because it’s just conjecture at this point. I do think it’s important for people to speak about their experiences, if they want to. The more data that’s out there, the better chance of finding a pattern (if there even is one). I appreciate your story, I know how hard it is to speak about such things, especially since the stigma of the phenomenon is still associated with negativity- though it’s becoming more accepted. I have seen a lot more people unburdening themselves with personal encounters, I think the least we can do (how I approach it) is empathetically listen to what they have to say.

Which part of the UK did you see this? I saw something similar during my high school years 20 years ago, in the East of England. The sun had just set so it was quite dark but you could make out a large black object, the one I saw seemed to have two big red orbs with the light intensity slowly flowing between the two while fading in and out, I think maybe at the rear of the object? It was gliding along slowly, lower than any aircraft or helicopters would be and was totally silent. After a while it just seemed to fade away.

It was the first thing I spoke about when I arrived at school the next morning and immediately two other friends jumped up exclaiming that they saw the exact same thing, around the same area at about the same time - they lived a few miles away from me in the next village.

Last edited:

Leyasu

Banned
Which part of the UK did you see this? I saw something similar during my high school years 20 years ago, in the East of England. The sun had just set so it was quite dark but you could make out a large black object, the one I saw seemed to have two big red orbs with the light intensity slowly flowing between the two while fading in and out, I think maybe at the rear of the object? It was gliding along slowly, lower than any aircraft or helicopters would be and was totally silent. After a while it just seemed to fade away.

It was the first thing I spoke about when I arrived at school the next morning and immediately two other friends jumped up exclaiming that they saw the exact same thing, around the same area at about the same time - they lived a few miles away from me in the next village.
S.E London/N.W Kent area

Last edited:

StormCell

I saw some interesting research news over the weekend that brought me back to thinking about these objects such as the one in the Nimitz encounter. This one is quite interesting as researchers have devised a method of harnessing the force of a detonation that could propel an aircraft up to 17 times the speed of sound:

What's interesting about this is that speeds we're observing from UAP no longer seem all that unattainable to us. 17 times the speed of sound would be about right. Something else I've often pondered is how far ahead of academic research is the US military? We read about a lot of really fanciful sounding experiments from the academics, but if it's something the military has looked into they could have done their experiments 10 years ago.

Meanwhile, China is building a hypersonic wind tunnel said to put them decades ahead of the rest of the world in hypersonic technology..... (wtf...):

So there goes mach 30. How fast are these UAP moving again? They're talking about people being able to travel from one side of the globe to the other in under 2 hours at those speeds. I'm sure there's a lot more that will have to be resolved before hypersonic population transport becomes feasible, but the point is that we are knocking at the door, within the next 10 years, of aircraft moving at mach 17 to mach 30 speeds. Again, if we consider how much of the US defense research is totally classified, is it beyond the realm of possibility that those sob's were moving along at mach 15 speeds with UAV's in 2004?

Note that I'm not saying there's no alien visitors or completely unidentified objects. We've been seeing these objects since before WW2. I'm just highlighting recent academic research and pondering how far ahead the military would be with its more experimental craft.

Last edited:

INC

I saw some interesting research news over the weekend that brought me back to thinking about these objects such as the one in the Nimitz encounter. This one is quite interesting as researchers have devised a method of harnessing the force of a detonation that could propel an aircraft up to 17 times the speed of sound:

What's interesting about this is that speeds we're observing from UAP no longer seem all that unattainable to us. 17 times the speed of sound would be about right. Something else I've often pondered is how far ahead of academic research is the US military? We read about a lot of really fanciful sounding experiments from the academics, but if it's something the military has looked into they could have done their experiments 10 years ago.

Meanwhile, China is building a hypersonic wind tunnel said to put them decades ahead of the rest of the world in hypersonic technology..... (wtf...):

So there goes mach 30. How fast are these UAP moving again? They're talking about people being able to travel from one side of the globe to the other in under 2 hours at those speeds. I'm sure there's a lot more that will have to be resolved before hypersonic population transport becomes feasible, but the point is that we are knocking at the door, within the next 10 years, of aircraft moving at mach 17 to mach 30 speeds. Again, if we consider how much of the US defense research is totally classified, is it beyond the realm of possibility that those sob's were moving along at mach 15 speeds with UAV's in 2004?

Mach 10 is about 13000mph

StormCell

I stop just short of being fully convinced that there is someone else in our sky/water. I have ample reason to be suspicious, and at the same time I have no evidence. If the US military or government claims to have evidence, then I believe we must compel them to release it to the public -- we can't just take their word for it. I think there's a lot of suspicion right now, but we are also on the cusp of some major technological advancements that we have, perhaps, been on the cusp of for a couple of decades. It's just a muddled complicated subject when you don't have much, if any, evidence. I believe it's going to take verifiable evidence from the government (military, aviation authorities, coast guard, etc) where we've examined and tested the instruments and captured multiple readings and recordings of one of these objects, and at that time the community, specifically academic and research, will examine the evidence and come to a similar conclusion: that we don't know what these objects are.

That's what I believe for now: there are two confirmations to look for. The first is confirmation of unidentified objects meaning we've ruled out all known explanations including foreign technology from known entities. The second is confirmation of contact with non-human beings, at which point we no longer have unidentifiable objects because we will have identified them.

For your entertainment from one of the .win boards, larp time ahead!

Grey Puppet "Alien Interview" from "1964",

project-blue-book-1 https://files.catbox.moe/l4cipw.mp4
project-blue-book-2 https://files.catbox.moe/ker2yh.mp4
project-blue-book-3 https://files.catbox.moe/ntlubr.mp4
project-blue-book-4 https://files.catbox.moe/rzhu7l.mp4
project-blue-book-5 https://files.catbox.moe/5cmdrx.mp4
project-blue-book-6 https://files.catbox.moe/xj7whf.mp4
project-blue-book-7 https://files.catbox.moe/8z3814.mp4
project-blue-book-8 https://files.catbox.moe/0j4090.mp4
project-blue-book-9 https://files.catbox.moe/gkb0y5.mp4
project-blue-book-10 https://files.catbox.moe/pw7whd.mp4
project-blue-book-11 https://files.catbox.moe/gkgx94.mp4
project-blue-book-12 https://files.catbox.moe/lyafam.mp4
project-blue-book-13 https://files.catbox.moe/anlj1r.mp4
project-blue-book-14 https://files.catbox.moe/4h5nky.mp4
project-blue-book-15 https://files.catbox.moe/rzhu7l.mp4
project-blue-book-16 https://files.catbox.moe/ox9w8g.mp4
project-blue-book-17 https://files.catbox.moe/3in83x.mp4

Romulus

Note that I'm not saying there's no alien visitors or completely unidentified objects. We've been seeing these objects since before WW2. I'm just highlighting recent academic research and pondering how far ahead the military would be with its more experimental craft.

It could take them 30 years to achieve a sustainable tech that does those speeds. But even if its available now, the issue is far less about top speed and more about the acceleration. Instant acceleration to those speeds is what is generations ahead of us, not speed. Not only that, wind tunnels are engineered for an object to accelerate in one direction, not up, down, sideways like these uap. That alone is generations ahead.

Last edited:

INC

It could take them 30 years to achieve a sustainable tech that does those speeds. But even if its available now, the issue is far less about top speed and more about the acceleration. Instant acceleration to those speeds is what is generations ahead of us, not speed. Not only that, wind tunnels are engineered for an object to accelerate in one direction, not up, down, sideways like these uap. That alone is generations ahead.

The other is fuel tbh

If observations are true, they've gone from 80000ft,and hovered for hours at near sea level, not a lot within military inventory that can do that, even drones and jets have to refuel. Jets especially, they can barely fly 3 hours doing those attitudes

(Obviously these are generalisations on the numbers)

And the internal forces would break any contemporary engineering apart.

Romulus

Yes and these limited one direction, slower acceleration mach speeds we're attempting are very much theoretical too.

And we're just assuming the evidence we've seen of these UAPs is their max speeds. lol, it's likely they're much faster and can accelerate even faster. I doubt the recordings we possess was an extreme test gauge for the UAPs. They probably don't even need to try to get away from us.

StormCell

Didn't we just say last week that it's been decades since any real notable progress had been made in the aerospace sector? We've seen some pretty far out patent requests just this year that would help fill in the gaps around the speed. I'm not saying I'm convinced all the objects are ours, but I am seeing some potential for it when you consider that over the past couple of months we were saying the velocities were far out of our reach in modern aircraft. The point is if the colleges are figuring it out, the military could have figured it out and been playing with it decades ago.

I don't feel like anything we're discussing here involves contemporary engineering as we know it. These are absolute top speeds using a theoretical thrust the colleges have thought of (that the military would have thought of ~30 years ago lol) and would absolutely need to make use of some dampening/gravity field and reality distorting patent-pending technologies to both achieve those speeds in an instant (detonation wave) without destroying the computers (dampening/gravity distorting fields).

If you put all the fantastic sounding stuff together, including the mach-17 speed, it begins to sound far out presuming it all works.

Last edited:

StormCell

Yes and these limited one direction, slower acceleration mach speeds we're attempting are very much theoretical too.

And we're just assuming the evidence we've seen of these UAPs is their max speeds. lol, it's likely they're much faster and can accelerate even faster. I doubt the recordings we possess was an extreme test gauge for the UAPs. They probably don't even need to try to get away from us.

Slow down. Who made a claim that what we've seen of the UAPs is their stop speed? You're the very reason I go out of my way to make it clear that I'm not dismissing the possibility of the UAPs being other-worldly. I'm not very dismissive. I like to entertain possibilities, and this past weekend I just saw enough evidence from us to believe that we could have a UAV that can do mach-17. It doesn't explain other maneuvers, but we may have other classified technology that provides inertial dampening.

Romulus

Like in every video I've seen with him in ancient aliens. And it's an old ass sci-fi theory. Almost cliche by now

Can you link a single video of him talking about that? I've never heard him explain it like that and in such detail.

Romulus

Slow down. Who made a claim that what we've seen of the UAPs is their stop speed? You're the very reason I go out of my way to make it clear that I'm not dismissing the possibility of the UAPs being other-worldly. I'm not very dismissive. I like to entertain possibilities, and this past weekend I just saw enough evidence from us to believe that we could have a UAV that can do mach-17. It doesn't explain other maneuvers, but we may have other classified technology that provides inertial dampening.

I assume that sometimes without reminding myself of the possible reality.

Romulus

“What’s most striking is that this is not a new phenomenon,” Timothy Sayle, the director of the University of Toronto’s International Relations program, told VICE World News. “The fact that reports were filed in the early 1950s suggests these are not recent, commercially available drones.”

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Can you link a single video of him talking about that? I've never heard him explain it like that and in such detail.
I don't know. I don't watch it. Just seen some videos.
Quantum theory and other dimensions is a tired topic. Nothing new.

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
Eh even if these things are actual alien ships, they are probably robots and most likely sent hundreds if not thousands of years ago. It would be great of course answer the 'are we alone' question. But to me the most thrilling aspect of aliens would be them sharing knowledge about the universe and our reality. Maybe they put that on an USB stick in the robot tho, so time to shoot them down.

INC

Eh even if these things are actual alien ships, they are probably robots and most likely sent hundreds if not thousands of years ago. It would be great of course answer the 'are we alone' question. But to me the most thrilling aspect of aliens would be them sharing knowledge about the universe and our reality. Maybe they put that on an USB stick in the robot tho, so time to shoot them down.
Flight Of The Navigator Hello GIF by MANGOTEETH

StormCell

To be fair this guy wouldnt know shit and obviously still thinks of it as a joke.

I'm not sure how or why anyone would take this as a joke, though. You can clearly see that the media has become very interested in this topic. It has certainly picked up steam among a lot of people who normally have no interest in it.

Basically, I think the people are hungry enough to get the truth, and I'm not sure the government is going to be able to keep a lid on it, classified or not. If this report is nothing but blowing smoke, it might actually lead to a new social movement. I mean, people clearly believe that there are unidentified objects flying around.

MMaRsu

I'm not sure how or why anyone would take this as a joke, though. You can clearly see that the media has become very interested in this topic. It has certainly picked up steam among a lot of people who normally have no interest in it.

Basically, I think the people are hungry enough to get the truth, and I'm not sure the government is going to be able to keep a lid on it, classified or not. If this report is nothing but blowing smoke, it might actually lead to a new social movement. I mean, people clearly believe that there are unidentified objects flying around.

Really? Like luiz elisondo or whatever his name said there is still a huge stigma attached to it. People think ur crazy.

I told my sister (a few years my junior) and she was like I dont care I dont believe in Aliens and dont start trusting that crazy stuff.

I was like whut its Pentagon official and navy pilots coming forward. She didnt even care.

In YT comments there are religious zealots screaming about the rapture, jesus, fallen angels and more bullcrap.

I dont think ppl really take it serious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom