• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aliens and UFOs

Status
Not open for further replies.

StormCell

Really? Like luiz elisondo or whatever his name said there is still a huge stigma attached to it. People think ur crazy.

I told my sister (a few years my junior) and she was like I dont care I dont believe in Aliens and dont start trusting that crazy stuff.

I was like whut its Pentagon official and navy pilots coming forward. She didnt even care.

In YT comments there are religious zealots screaming about the rapture, jesus, fallen angels and more bullcrap.

I dont think ppl really take it serious

1. Who are these people? I live in the deep south. I just came from a pool party where this became the main subject of discussion for like an hour. People are starting to take this far more seriously given the sources going on record and the fact that everyone's evening news is beginning to track this story on a regular basis. Some people will always shrug their shoulders or roll their eyes, but this is going main stream and a whole lot of people are going to take it very seriously. If there are entire other civilizations that we are potentially in contact with, the people of Earth have a right to know, don't you think? We are potentially being kept in the dark. It's like Attack on Titan in a way. lol

2. Like I said before, some people aren't going to care. I'll take it that your sister is still in her 20s, so she's got other things going on. Do you know who is sitting up and taking notice right now? People with children, people with grand children, and people who aren't distracted with dating and that includes kids who are in school right now. Late Zoomers might not care but early Zoomers are taking notice too.

3. Don't call it bullcrap. Just because you don't understand it doesn't make it bullcrap. One man's alien is another's fallen angel, and for all we know it's all true. We simply don't understand the universe. You can look at an object in the sky moving about in ways we can't replicate, zigging, zagging, stopping and going without acceleration, and if someone walked up next to you and said, "Nah man, that's just Goku. All Super Saiyans are able to move about like that." You would seriously look at him and go "You're full of shit!" How dare you? You don't know that it's not a being. We have no idea what the feck is going on up there. Saiyans. Frog people. Fish people. Dwarves. Fallen angels. Spirits and demons. WTF difference does it really make?

Finally, I think that the right people are taking it more seriously. Namely, I think that media elite are going to press on the subject more. If the pentagon, and if the president, didn't want this being pressed, then I believe the media would be downplaying it. For some reason, the media seems ready to press. Maybe that report will just be blowing smoke, but I don't think that will satisfy a growing movement of people who genuinely expect the truth. I don't think this stops with the report. Like shooting events, I think this will continue to garner massive attention each time an object is seen, and we will either get some legitimate answers soon or we'll go the long route to pressing for the truth.

MMaRsu

Oh Im sorry Im from The Netherlands. This stuff hasnt even hit our news. Nobody cares, and nobody knows.

And when you tell them about it (the disclosure or the pentagon report coming up, or the actual navy pilots seeing these things, they either dont care or believe.

MMaRsu

1. Who are these people? I live in the deep south. I just came from a pool party where this became the main subject of discussion for like an hour. People are starting to take this far more seriously given the sources going on record and the fact that everyone's evening news is beginning to track this story on a regular basis. Some people will always shrug their shoulders or roll their eyes, but this is going main stream and a whole lot of people are going to take it very seriously. If there are entire other civilizations that we are potentially in contact with, the people of Earth have a right to know, don't you think? We are potentially being kept in the dark. It's like Attack on Titan in a way. lol

2. Like I said before, some people aren't going to care. I'll take it that your sister is still in her 20s, so she's got other things going on. Do you know who is sitting up and taking notice right now? People with children, people with grand children, and people who aren't distracted with dating and that includes kids who are in school right now. Late Zoomers might not care but early Zoomers are taking notice too.

3. Don't call it bullcrap. Just because you don't understand it doesn't make it bullcrap. One man's alien is another's fallen angel, and for all we know it's all true. We simply don't understand the universe. You can look at an object in the sky moving about in ways we can't replicate, zigging, zagging, stopping and going without acceleration, and if someone walked up next to you and said, "Nah man, that's just Goku. All Super Saiyans are able to move about like that." You would seriously look at him and go "You're full of shit!" How dare you? You don't know that it's not a being. We have no idea what the feck is going on up there. Saiyans. Frog people. Fish people. Dwarves. Fallen angels. Spirits and demons. WTF difference does it really make?

Finally, I think that the right people are taking it more seriously. Namely, I think that media elite are going to press on the subject more. If the pentagon, and if the president, didn't want this being pressed, then I believe the media would be downplaying it. For some reason, the media seems ready to press. Maybe that report will just be blowing smoke, but I don't think that will satisfy a growing movement of people who genuinely expect the truth. I don't think this stops with the report. Like shooting events, I think this will continue to garner massive attention each time an object is seen, and we will either get some legitimate answers soon or we'll go the long route to pressing for the truth.
Well because religion is bullshit and is written by men to keep power in their hands.

What is a fallen angel? They claim they are actual angels fallen from heaven. Is there a heaven? Can we scientifically prove this? Is there a way to disprove it?

Fuck religion, its trash.

MMaRsu

Ofcourse there could be all kinds of entities out there. Even such that we might perceive to have the power of gods.

But these folks are talking as if the Bible points to the coming of Aliens. And they arent Aliens, they are FALLEEN ANGELLSSSS
Beware and believe in God otherwise they might take you away! Repent sinners!

Fucking LMAO.

StormCell

Ofcourse there could be all kinds of entities out there. Even such that we might perceive to have the power of gods.

But these folks are talking as if the Bible points to the coming of Aliens. And they arent Aliens, they are FALLEEN ANGELLSSSS
Beware and believe in God otherwise they might take you away! Repent sinners!

Fucking LMAO.

Well I can't defend what people say and do. My beliefs set me free. Others' beliefs place them in shackles. One person strives to be honest while another cheats. Some would say living honestly is bullshit because everyone else is lying and getting what they want. Life in this world is just like that. You have to make choices that reflect what you believe.

There are a lot of things I don't really believe. I don't dismiss them. Sometimes this thread meanders into topics like orbs and beings from another dimension. I don't write those off, those possibilities. At the same time I feel as though people don't give my ideas enough thought that whatever or whomever is launching and piloting these objects is most likely much closer to us than we realize, namely they're here on earth with us and we're unaware of it (publicly at least).

I used to believe that reality was really bland and really serious. Now I think you bland serious types are full of it. I like science, but people who believe in Science are full of it. lol

MMaRsu

I fear for Aliens if religious zealots try to bomb their ships because they are an affront to "their" God. I can see it now.

Queue the Alien Invasion.

And then they'll yell " DIDNT WE TELL YOU ABOUT THE RAPTURE AND THE FALLEN ANGELS??"

StormCell

I fear for Aliens if religious zealots try to bomb their ships because they are an affront to "their" God. I can see it now.

Queue the Alien Invasion.

And then they'll yell " DIDNT WE TELL YOU ABOUT THE RAPTURE AND THE FALLEN ANGELS??"
Good god you ARE from the Netherlands. Holy crap. What sort of religious people live in your country, or are you devoid of religion over there?

MMaRsu

2003 called. They want their edge back.
Oh im sorry, Im edgy for saying religion is a detriment to human kind?

giphy.gif

MMaRsu

Good god you ARE from the Netherlands. Holy crap. What sort of religious people live in your country, or are you devoid of religion over there?

Religion is a detriment to human kind. Id argue it but I honestly dont have the will to do so. But I assume most logical people would agree with me.

But hey, lets get back to Aliens.

A lot of people in our country are Atheists actually.

Last edited:

MMaRsu

My bad. Clearly, you are correct. You're the smartest guy in the room and so cool. What would we do without you?
Who said I want to be correct or incorrect?

What would we do without religious idiots indoctrinating children with their fairy tales?
Whatever would we do without religious nutters blowing people and things up in the name of their god?
Whatever would we do without the holding back of humanity because 'religion' and 'god' wouldnt want us to progress?

Nah ur right, Religion has brought Humanity nothing but positives.

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch

What would we do without religious idiots indoctrinating children with their fairy tales?
Whatever would we do without religious nutters blowing people and things up in the name of their god?
Whatever would we do without the holding back of humanity because 'religion' and 'god' wouldnt want us to progress?

"im not going to argue it" you sure? lmao

MMaRsu

"im not going to argue it" you sure? lmao
Ah ofcourse, the smartass remark because you dont have any good retort..

If you wanna be a smartass I'll respond to you fair and square.
And if you want to pretend that religion has been a positive for humanity as a whole, I really have nothing more to say to you.

Bye then. Lets get back to Aliens.

Last edited:

MMaRsu

Why would I argue it? That was never my intention. I just love taking the piss out of bigots like yourself. Back to aliens though.
Ah yes, now I am a bigot. People can believe in whatever trash they want to believe. I wont hurt anyone for believing in some BS.

Does it make me a bigot that I think religion has done nothing positive for humanity as a whole? That kids are indoctrinated with fairy tales?
That makes me a bigot?

Are you for real? Please explain how that would make me a bigot.

a person who is obstinately or unreasonably attached to a belief, opinion, or faction, especially one who is prejudiced against or antagonistic towards a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular group.

I think A. it is not unreasonable to hold the belief that religion is detrimental to humanity.
B. I think people should believe whatever they want to believe.
C. Religion has done more bad than good as a society, I dont think anyone can even argue this point.

Or maybe we did really need those 10 commandments after all, to stop from humanity killing and raping itself.

Last edited:

StormCell

This is easy.

Indoctrinate children with activism and set them up to overturn society based on race and liberal ideologies.

Burn cities, seize entire chunks of downtown public area and declare them autonomous zones while the people inside those zones are raped and sometimes killed without the police being able to gain entrance to enforce the law.

Find other reasons for the holding back of humanity. I feel like religion has fallen by the side for the past several years, and we've found no shortage of social fairy tales taking hold of society that aim to drag our nation down while China prepares to steam roll the world economically and, soon, technologically so that we all become good communists whether we live in a communist economic zone or not. lol

Last edited:

MMaRsu

Burn cities, seize entire chunks of downtown public area and declare them autonomous zones while the people inside those zones are raped and sometimes killed without the police being able to gain entrance to enforce the law.

Are u talking about BLM? :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:

And if not what are u talking about lmaoo

Yes humans will stay shit and be shitty.

We are conditioned this way.

Last edited:

StormCell

Are u talking about BLM? :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:

And if not what are u talking about lmaoo

Yes humans will stay shit and be shitty.

We are conditioned this way.

Ugh. I agree, let's dispense of this. You're right that people are shitty. It's depressing.

I've had fun beating this horse with you even if I do find your opinions on faith a bit saddening, but in all honesty I don't blame you at all, not one bit. Religion is garbage, but faith and belief in god is not. I know to separate the two. Maybe some day you will too if you don't already.

MMaRsu

Ugh. I agree, let's dispense of this. You're right that people are shitty. It's depressing.

I've had fun beating this horse with you even if I do find your opinions on faith a bit saddening, but in all honesty I don't blame you at all, not one bit. Religion is garbage, but faith and belief in god is not. I know to separate the two. Maybe some day you will too if you don't already.
Thank you my friend. Sorry for being a bit condescending and a dick I just dont have a high value of religion. I respect your willingness to have faith and beliefs in something, even I do not agree with it (probably).

INC

Thank you my friend. Sorry for being a bit condescending and a dick I just dont have a high value of religion. I respect your willingness to have faith and beliefs in something, even I do not agree with it (probably).

Blind faith is a dangerous thing as well tho

Anyone religious who refuses to question their own faith/religion, and blindly believes everything to the letter, is a zealot and has borderline extremists tendencies

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
"Logic is the beginning of wisdom. Not the end" We don't have all the answers. We probably never will. I enjoy speculating about the things we don't know. So let's get back to little green men and flyings saucers which are totally real lol.

INC

"Logic is the beginning of wisdom. Not the end" We don't have all the answers. We probably never will. I enjoy speculating about the things we don't know. So let's get back to little green men and flyings saucers which are totally real lol.

The difference is the probability of that being true, is far higher than most religious stories

But I also believe most of those texts also have a grain of truth, thats been change, altered and abused over time, to fit the current agenda of man

Look at the new testament for details lol

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
The difference is the probability of that being true, is far higher than most religious stories

But I also believe most of those texts also have a grain of truth, thats been change, altered and abused over time, to fit the current agenda of man

Look at the new testament for details lol
Cool. I don't disagree. I'd rather we move on from the religious talk though. Have we gotten it out of our systems?

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
OT but somewhat related. Do we have a paranormal thread? I just saw an interesting video on the Warrens I'd like to talk about.

INC

OT but somewhat related. Do we have a paranormal thread? I just saw an interesting video on the Warrens I'd like to talk about.

Not that I've seen, not really into it, never experienced anything, and find most it complete nonsense, apart from 2 things

1 is a story my mum told me once, and she isn't a liar and doesn't believes in any of it

And shadow people

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Not that I've seen, not really into it, never experienced anything, and find most it complete nonsense, apart from 2 things

1 is a story my mum told me once, and she isn't a liar or believes in any of it

And shadow people
I find it fascinating. I've seen a "ghost" before myself.
On topic, I've also seen a ufo. It was a good 15 years ago at this point so I don't 100 percent trust my memory but it was cool as hell.

INC

On topic, I've also seen a ufo. It was a good 15 years ago at this point so I don't 100 percent trust my memory but it was cool as hell.

Never seen a ufo, or at least Ive seen nothing i couldnt explain after the fact
unless pulling some sort of crazy maneuver, id never say I saw a ufo

StormCell

1 is a story my mum told me once, and she isn't a liar and doesn't believes in any of it

And shadow people

And see, here we go with things I don't really believe in. :LOL:

But I don't dismiss the topics. I've never seen a UFO, but I have had other experiences that verified for me. Spiritual experiences that became the foundation of my beliefs.

So I understand where each of you are coming from.

I do believe that there are objects flying around that we can't identify that could be visitors or belong to people we've never encountered. I use people loosely because I play ES and all the races are people to me. lol

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Never seen a ufo, or at least Ive seen nothing i couldnt explain after the fact
unless pulling some sort of crazy maneuver, id never say I saw a ufo
A crazy maneuver is exactly what my friends and I saw. It was late at night and we were outside looking at the stars having some drinks. One of us pointed out something moving across the sky. A satellite we all figured but then it shot across the night sky like it just engaged warp drive. It went in an upwards direction so I know it wasn't a falling star. It was really cool and something I'll always remember.

INC

A crazy maneuver is exactly what my friends and I saw. It was late at night and we were outside looking at the stars having some drinks. One of us pointed out something moving across the sky. A satellite we all figured but then it shot across the night sky like it just engaged warp drive. It went in an upwards direction so I know it wasn't a falling star. It was really cool and something I'll always remember.

Like this?

Airola

Just chiming in to that religion thing above a bit:

It feels like for some people the idea of aliens heavily involves some kind of a scenario where the aliens would come here to say "there is no god", or that simply their existence without them saying would somehow prove that. That's what I meant when I a while ago said that for some people the idea of aliens are one sort of an anti-religion anti-god fantasy. And because that's the ground of their beliefs about aliens they would also think there's no doubt the appearance of aliens would destroy religions and that religious people are afraid to believe in aliens because it would destroy their faith. And that's why they would laugh at or be irritated by people who talk about fallen angels or other things like that. They want their aliens to be part of their anti-religion fantasy so hard.

Sorry if I come out as an ass for saying this but it is what it is.

StormCell

Eventually the war between us and aliens starts because some asshole went and pointed laser at them and they thought someone was trying to shoot them :D

The funny thing is that pointing a laser at a strange craft would be considered a Darwin award candidate if the craft then vaporized you for it. :)

MastaKiiLA

And the internal forces would break any contemporary engineering apart.
Has no one stopped to ask how any of these supposed physical objects are displacing large volumes of air without any physical manifestation of the effects? Fluid dynamics are still a thing. We live in an ocean of air, and even at high altitudes, you're running into a massive number of atoms at those speeds. The kinetic energies involved will manifest in the form of a shockwave, and/or contrails. Short of becoming intangible, this is simply unavoidable.

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
Has no one stopped to ask how any of these supposed physical objects are displacing large volumes of air without any physical manifestation of the effects? Fluid dynamics are still a thing. We live in an ocean of air, and even at high altitudes, you're running into a massive number of atoms at those speeds. The kinetic energies involved will manifest in the form of a shockwave, and/or contrails. Short of becoming intangible, this is simply unavoidable.

I believe the US Navy has a patent on that actually.

Was it ever debunked? I mean I doubt you can troll to be the US department of Navy just like that. And the guy either reversed engineered some otherworldly tech, or he’s the new Einstein of our modern times. The descriptions of the patents gives chills to think we’re possibly even considering it possible?

INC

I believe the US Navy has a patent on that actually.

Was it ever debunked? I mean I doubt you can troll to be the US department of Navy just like that. And the guy either reversed engineered some otherworldly tech, or he’s the new Einstein of our modern times. The descriptions of the patents gives chills to think we’re possibly even considering it possible?

Also

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom