• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aliens and UFOs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Airola

The object glows after the laser hits it, not before or during. That's an incredibly important detail. And all his other videos are Night vision too and don't look the same.

It glows exactly when the laser line goes past it from the point of view of the camera. I don't think the bat itself glows there. I believe the people are reacting to what they see in the camera screen and not what actually happens in the sky. Because of the night vision, the bats look like white orbs. And when a laser line is on the screen and the bat goes behind the laser line, it looks like that through the camera screen. The laser line looks green and even the glow turns green right at that moment.

Last edited:

Airola

Another thing he doesn't understand is that lasers actually produce an intense LIGHT beam which obviously illuminates things it hits. So the guy briefly hit the bat with green laser and it flashed green? No shit!

I'm not sure if the laser line actually even hits the bat. It could be the bat is behind the line, and not actually in the same position as the line.

But I guess it's possible the line really hit the bat too. Doesn't really make any difference though. The point would still be that the combination of the white glow of the bat due to the night vision and the laser line makes a momentary larger glow the moment they meet and are in the correct angle from the camera's perspective. The glow even turns green at that point.

MadAnon

It glows exactly when the laser line goes past it from the point of view of the camera. I don't think the bat itself glows there. I believe the people are reacting to what they see in the camera screen and not what actually happens in the sky. Because of the night vision, the bats look like white orbs. And when a laser line is on the screen and the bat goes behind the laser line, it looks like that through the camera screen. The laser line looks green and even the glow turns green right at that moment.
You are 100% right about that others didn't see anything until he hit it with the laser (visible light).

Here's the original video

Listen how he explains and uses the laser to point where the thing moves because others don't see shit. He's the only one who sees it because of that IR illumination from the cam itself. And the camera is the only things that can see the same IR light and the bat illuminated by it.

And I have no idea where he got the idea it glows after. Is it really so hard to put the video on x0.25 and clearly see the laser crosses it. But then again, according to him the thermal shield was shape shifting when in reality it was just rotating.

Last edited:

Romulus

I'm not sure if the laser line actually even hits the bat. It could be the bat is behind the line, and not actually in the same position as the line.

But I guess it's possible the line really hit the bat too. Doesn't really make any difference though. The point would still be that the combination of the white glow of the bat due to the night vision and the laser line makes a momentary larger glow the moment they meet and are in the correct angle from the camera's perspective. The glow even turns green at that point.

Yes, it does appear more like it's at the same time, but slowing it down it looks even less like a bat than I originally thought it

Now seeing it slower, it's probably one of the most impressive vids I've seen.

Romulus

I wouldn't argue with that guy. It's no surprise that he doesn't understand it's a NV cam or how it works.

The camera has IR light source which illuminates objects in front of it. Obviously the same camera sees this reflected IR light and that's why the bat is glowing just like those trees around. He also doesn't understand that the resolution is not very high, so obviously a more distant bat will lack detail.

Another thing he doesn't understand is that lasers actually produce an intense LIGHT beam which obviously illuminates things it hits. So the guy briefly hit the bat with green laser and it flashed green? No shit!

But don't expect more from a guy who was convinced a piece of thermal shielding from ISS was the best UFO footage ever.

He has a very very poor understanding of things.

I don't have to "not understand NV." All it could mean was that I didn't slow it down to see the contact point, yet you take the chance to go off on this long post about me not being a.... NV expert.

You keep bringing up that heat shield post lol. I even said in the OP that UFO did not mean aliens. You were even perplexed by it and didn't shoot down the possibility, but as soon as the confirmation came that it was space junk, you acted like you weren't trying to figure it out. "Knew it all along!" Pretty amazing that you need to go back two years considering all the stuff I talk about, and you barely take a stab at anything and still get them wrong. Foam bubbles! That's probably why you're taking indirect shots here. I'm on ignore supposedly but you read all my posts and just lurk for an opportunity. Bizarre, but I'll take the rent free checks.

Also, we weren't even arguing, not sure why everything has to be so extreme. There are people that can have conversations about the unknown or known.

Last edited:

Airola

Yes, it does appear more like it's at the same time, but slowing it down it looks even less like a bat than I originally thought it

Now seeing it slower, it's probably one of the most impressive vids I've seen.

You've got to be kidding me...

It doesn't "appear to be" at the same time. It is exactly at the same time. The whole glowing thing is explainable no matter what is flying there. Nothing is there glowing as a reaction to someone pointing a laser at it. We see the glow on camera because of night vision camera showing a laser line and a thing exactly behind it being at the right angle towards the camera. The thing itself doesn't glow at all.

If this is what people are willing to believe as impressive ufo footage, the military and others can fool people with anything. There doesn't even need to be CGI or holograms or anything like that. Just basic camera functions will do the trick.

EDIT:
And I don't mean to be an ass about it. I'm ok with all kinds of theories being discussed but I find no point in theorizing about ufos in videos where we know that actual animals move like that and appear to look like that on a night vision camera. Just because one of them looks to glow on night vision screen at the exact moment it is covered by a laser line on that same screen doesn't mean that this one flying thing must then be any other thing than what there are already naturally flying.

Last edited:

Romulus

You've got to be kidding me...

It doesn't "appear to be" at the same time. It is exactly at the same time. The whole glowing thing is explainable no matter what is flying there. Nothing is there glowing as a reaction to someone pointing a laser at it. We see the glow on camera because of night vision camera showing a laser line and a thing exactly behind it being at the right angle towards the camera. The thing itself doesn't glow at all.

If this is what people are willing to believe as impressive ufo footage, the military and others can fool people with anything. There doesn't even need to be CGI or holograms or anything like that. Just basic camera functions will do the trick.

Unless its not real though right? Because we have to remember the last pillar of fallback is CGI. That flash appears to be the cause when the laser makes contact with the object.
What people? I'm the only one that said its impressive? IF it's authentic UFO footage that's crazy impressive because it shows a reaction to the laser pointer. In that case, the laser contact shows a reaction from an unknown entity if not something more explainable. Even if it's a drone that's pretty amazing acceleration.

Last edited:

Airola

Unless its not real though right? Because we have to remember the last pillar of fallback is CGI. That flash appears to be the cause when the laser makes contact with the object.
What people? I'm the only one that said its impressive? IF it's authentic UFO footage that's crazy impressive because it shows a reaction to the laser pointer. In that case, the laser contact shows a reaction from an unknown entity if not something more explainable. Even if it's a drone that's pretty amazing acceleration.

In case you didn't see the edit I write it here too as the opening paragraph:

I don't mean to be an ass about it. I'm ok with all kinds of theories being discussed but I find no point in theorizing about ufos in videos where we know that actual animals move like that and appear to look like that on a night vision camera. Just because one of them looks to glow on night vision screen at the exact moment it is covered by a laser line on that same screen doesn't mean that this one flying thing must then be any other thing than what there are already naturally flying.

The thing is that this video doesn't not show a ufo. It's not a question of IF in this case.

If a bird flies past the window and I don't quite get to see what it was that flew there, yeah technically it is an unidentified flying object. But if we start to treat things like that, I think ufology loses its meaning. Treating too many simple things as if they could be sign of ufos will lead us nowhere.

I specifically avoided mentioning only you. I don't want to make you feel as if I'm targetting only you when I'm talking about the easiness of fooling people with simple things. You are not the only one who thinks that video shows a ufo. That's why a video called "Man Shines Laser at UFO Which REACTS" exists in the first place. And because that video with that title exists, more people believe it's a ufo because they now look at it through that narrative the video uploader built or helped to build with the title and his take on it in the video.

It's not a ufo, it's not a drone. It's a bat, or another flying animal, but most likely a bat.

This is quite like saying that this woman must be a demon or an alien or whatever because of those eyes, instead of saying it's just a night vision camera that shines light towards the woman and that's why her eyes look like that:
xPtAPDl.jpg

There is a very simple solution to this laser video and ufos or drones have nothing to do with it. It would be simple to anyone if there weren't videos about it made by people who want to believe to people who want to believe. Sometimes people even might just troll people who want to believe by making a deliberately wild theory about a simple thing.

So, while I like all kinds of theories about all kinds of things, I don't think anyone should use that laser video as a tool to build up possibilities about ufos reacting to lasers by glowing, because nothing like that happened in the video. No flying thing reacted to anything by glowing. It was all in the video screen and that can be known by anyone understanding night vision cameras and especially looking at the original laser pointing videos.

I mean, sure it would be interesting if that happened, just as it would be interesting if ufos actually looked and flied like actual bats. But we can't build theories out of things we know didn't happen.

Romulus

In case you didn't see the edit I write it here too as the opening paragraph:

I don't mean to be an ass about it. I'm ok with all kinds of theories being discussed but I find no point in theorizing about ufos in videos where we know that actual animals move like that and appear to look like that on a night vision camera. Just because one of them looks to glow on night vision screen at the exact moment it is covered by a laser line on that same screen doesn't mean that this one flying thing must then be any other thing than what there are already naturally flying.

The thing is that this video doesn't not show a ufo. It's not a question of IF in this case.

If a bird flies past the window and I don't quite get to see what it was that flew there, yeah technically it is an unidentified flying object. But if we start to treat things like that, I think ufology loses its meaning. Treating too many simple things as if they could be sign of ufos will lead us nowhere.

I specifically avoided mentioning only you. I don't want to make you feel as if I'm targetting only you when I'm talking about the easiness of fooling people with simple things. You are not the only one who thinks that video shows a ufo. That's why a video called "Man Shines Laser at UFO Which REACTS" exists in the first place. And because that video with that title exists, more people believe it's a ufo because they now look at it through that narrative the video uploader built or helped to build with the title and his take on it in the video.

It's not a ufo, it's not a drone. It's a bat, or another flying animal, but most likely a bat.

This is quite like saying that this woman must be a demon or an alien or whatever because of those eyes, instead of saying it's just a night vision camera that shines light towards the woman and that's why her eyes look like that:
xPtAPDl.jpg

There is a very simple solution to this laser video and ufos or drones have nothing to do with it. It would be simple to anyone if there weren't videos about it made by people who want to believe to people who want to believe. Sometimes people even might just troll people who want to believe by making a deliberately wild theory about a simple thing.

So, while I like all kinds of theories about all kinds of things, I don't think anyone should use that laser video as a tool to build up possibilities about ufos reacting to lasers by glowing, because nothing like that happened in the video. No flying thing reacted to anything by glowing. It was all in the video screen and that can be known by anyone understanding night vision cameras and especially looking at the original laser pointing videos.

I mean, sure it would be interesting if that happened, just as it would be interesting if ufos actually looked and flied like actual bats. But we can't build theories out of things we know didn't happen.

I want to say theres a similar video of this that I saw with several laser pointers that the object reacts very similarly. I looked for it but almost sure it's been posted here. I honestly don't believe either is a bat. The movement doesn't make sense based on the other vids of bats but I'm not totally against it either.

Airola

I want to say theres a similar video of this that I saw with several laser pointers that the object reacts very similarly. I looked for it but almost sure it's been posted here. I honestly don't believe either is a bat. The movement doesn't make sense based on the other vids of bats but I'm not totally against it either.

If it's night vision and it has bats and a laser line, of course the same thing happens there too.

Bats can move very erratically.

This and the "triangle ufo" video to me are among the clearest examples of regular things being passed on as ufos. With them I can't even entertain the thought of them even being some secret government drones because they are so clearly all about a camera filming a regular thing which then shows as if there is something mysterious to them by just having the camera set up in a certain way (night vision, out of focus).

In the "glow" video the glow only happens when the laser line is exactly in the same spot as the object from camera's perspective. Ok, imagine IF it really was about a UFO reacting to someone pointing a laser at them. It would mean that in that video the UFO just happened to glow only during those frames the laser line was over it. Not before, not after. Only during those frames. The laser doesn't even probably hit the object at that moment but the object just happens to be behind the laser line from camera's perspective. So what are the odds that this glow would happen right at that moment if it was a ufo that reacts to someone pointing laser at it? And then again, what are the odds that an object that moves like a bat, and that looks like a white dot because of night vision camera, would cause a larger green dot to appear on screen when a green line of laser gets in between the camera and the "white dot" (or on the white dot)?

Last edited:

Chiggs

Gold Member
Elizondo is going to be on the warpath after today’s news.

The report determines that a vast majority of more than 120 incidents over the past two decades did not originate from any American military or other advanced U.S. government technology, the officials said. That determination would appear to eliminate the possibility that Navy pilots who reported seeing unexplained aircraft might have encountered programs the government meant to keep secret.

But that is about the only conclusive finding in the classified intelligence report, the officials said. And while a forthcoming unclassified version, expected to be released to Congress by June 25, will present few other firm conclusions, senior officials briefed on the intelligence conceded that the very ambiguity of the findings meant the government could not definitively rule out theories that the phenomena observed by military pilots might be alien spacecraft.

Last edited:

Airola

Lol, that's the UFO report?

Like basically this:
"We've seen things we can't explain. Can't tell if they're aliens or not. We'll look into it and make a report in June."
June report arrives:
"We've seen things we can't explain. We haven't seen evidence of aliens, but we can't tell they aren't aliens either. Thank you."

StormCell

Like basically this:
"We've seen things we can't explain. Can't tell if they're aliens or not. We'll look into it and make a report in June."
June report arrives:
"We've seen things we can't explain. We haven't seen evidence of aliens, but we can't tell they aren't aliens either. Thank you."
Even that, in itself, is really damn significant. If they're lying, they're breaking the law, and we'll never get the truth without putting them on trial. If they're being truthful, then that's that: the objects aren't ours. Not knowing what the objects are means we can't prove anything about them.

This also means they likely have no contact with the operators of those objects.

MadAnon

I don't have to "not understand NV." All it could mean was that I didn't slow it down to see the contact point, yet you take the chance to go off on this long post about me not being a.... NV expert.

You keep bringing up that heat shield post lol. I even said in the OP that UFO did not mean aliens. You were even perplexed by it and didn't shoot down the possibility, but as soon as the confirmation came that it was space junk, you acted like you weren't trying to figure it out. "Knew it all along!" Pretty amazing that you need to go back two years considering all the stuff I talk about, and you barely take a stab at anything and still get them wrong. Foam bubbles! That's probably why you're taking indirect shots here. I'm on ignore supposedly but you read all my posts and just lurk for an opportunity. Bizarre, but I'll take the rent free checks.

Also, we weren't even arguing, not sure why everything has to be so extreme. There are people that can have conversations about the unknown or known.
I was preplexed? Making shit up won't help your helpless "I want to believe!" case. I was the one who debunked it by pointing out those black squares.

So far a lost, rotating thermal shield has been a shape shifting ufo.

A piece of foam bubbels floating and sparkling in sunlight have been an alien craft with lights inside it.

And a poor bat getting chased, hit by laser is an alien entity reacting to a laser. Imagine that, an animal gets hit in the eye with a laser and it reacts. ALIENS!!!!

Your track record is flawless.

Last edited:

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community

Like basically this:
June report arrives:

Told ya this would be it.

Y’all expecting a men in black to give you a tour of the alien airport were out of your goddamn mind.

INC

Still nothing new..........

Starting to look a lot like the 1950 again, oh well only another 70 years for something interesting to happen lol

INC

Thought we'd have some new videos leading up to the report......still the same old videos

That because of NDAs?

StormCell

Thought we'd have some new videos leading up to the report......still the same old videos

That because of NDAs?

What have you read, anywhere, to make you expect that? The intelligence report's final due date is June 25, and I haven't seen anything that leads me to believe that report will include more video. It could, but I figure it will require more FOIA requests to get those as they become declassified. Even better would be if the senate and house decided to launch a greater investigation using this report as a launching point, because it doesn't seem that the military or intelligence divisions are all that interested in pursuing things obviously not from our adversaries (???).

??? - I included this because I think it's about the stupidest damn thing I've concluded from US intelligence. It's like their waiting for a martian tank to land and roll down main street before it becomes important to them.

Last edited:

StormCell

Look, I get that some are expecting the story of the century from this intelligence report, but I think you're underestimating the true significance of the report in confirming that the objects are not ours. They are stating under legal oath via the report that, conclusively, those are not ours. They're unidentified, which means we don't believe they belong to a foreign adversary, but that is not conclusive.

This ought to be a bomb shell. I don't know what's wrong with the NY Times.

INC

What have you read, anywhere, to make you expect that? The intelligence report's final due date is June 25, and I haven't seen anything that leads me to believe that report will include more video. It could, but I figure it will require more FOIA requests to get those as they become declassified. Even better would be if the senate and house decided to launch a greater investigation using this report as a launching point, because it doesn't seem that the military or intelligence divisions are all that interested in pursuing things obviously not from our adversaries (???).

??? - I included this because I think it's about the stupidest damn thing I've concluded from US intelligence. It's like their waiting for a martian tank to land and roll down main street before it becomes important to them.

Because Jeremy bellend and Luiz keep saying they have other videos....? but can't show due to NDA, which I would presume is linked to the Congress report, hence the NDA

StormCell

Because Jeremy bellend and Luiz keep saying they have other videos....? but can't show due to NDA, which I would presume is linked to the Congress report, hence the NDA

Oh, I see now. No, I don't presume that NDA has any relationship to the intelligence report. Look at it this way, that briefing was around the classified investigation report. We aren't even getting that report. We will be getting an unclassified version of the report that is due to be delivered to the house/senate later this month. The unclassified will be the same document as the classified but with substantial redactions blocking classified names/details.

I feel like we just got the goods of the report, though. They just confirmed more than a hundred objects they've encountered in the past 2 decades were not ours and remain unidentified (not a bird, balloon, known Chinese/Russian craft, etc). It's unconclusive meaning they can't prove where it came from. That's big shit for them to tell us that.

If we're lucky, I suppose the unclassified report will include media from those incidents provided they're unclassified. If they were unclassified, though, wouldn't we just request them already instead of waiting for that report?

Last edited:

INC

Oh, I see now. No, I don't presume that NDA has any relationship to the intelligence report. Look at it this way, that briefing was around the classified investigation report. We aren't even getting that report. We will be getting an unclassified version of the report that is due to be delivered to the house/senate later this month. The unclassified will be the same document as the classified but with substantial redactions blocking classified names/details.

I feel like we just got the goods of the report, though. They just confirmed more than a hundred objects they've encountered in the past 2 decades were not ours and remain unidentified (not a bird, balloon, known Chinese/Russian craft, etc). It's unconclusive meaning they can't prove where it came from. That's big shit for them to tell us that.

Well once it goes to Congress its not classified anymore, so that would allow them to release (if they exist), more videos or clearer images, radar data, just like the last 3 videos released

All I care about at this point, just better quality video and stuff, of confirmed ufos

I dont expect disclosure, if thats even a real thing

Airola

Look, I get that some are expecting the story of the century from this intelligence report, but I think you're underestimating the true significance of the report in confirming that the objects are not ours. They are stating under legal oath via the report that, conclusively, those are not ours. They're unidentified, which means we don't believe they belong to a foreign adversary, but that is not conclusive.

This ought to be a bomb shell. I don't know what's wrong with the NY Times.

If revealing them being theirs would be considered a national security risk, it would be very understandable for them to lie about it.
And it goes the other way around too. If they consider revealing they know they are from outer space a national security risk, it would be very understandable for them to lie about that too.

StormCell

Well once it goes to Congress its not classified anymore, so that would allow them to release (if they exist), more videos or clearer images, radar data, just like the last 3 videos released

All I care about at this point, just better quality video and stuff, of confirmed ufos

I dont expect disclosure, if thats even a real thing

I really hope so. I'm guessing that just because they can talk about an event doesn't mean everything about the event, including videos with potentially classified details in them, will become unclassified (or declassified).

I don't really have any clue how this process works regarding classified/unclassified media, because it seems like there could be unclassified media that just isn't available to the public. In those cases, I would assume simple FOIA requests would get us the content, but they can also say no. Unclassified doesn't necessarily mean the public can have it, I assume.

StormCell

If revealing them being theirs would be considered a national security risk, it would be very understandable for them to lie about it.
And it goes the other way around too. If they consider revealing they know they are from outer space a national security risk, it would be very understandable for them to lie about that too.

I'm unconvinced they can do that. There has to be oversight from outside the military to keep them in check, or they could just hide behind the banner of national security and never answer to elected representatives again.

Romulus

I was preplexed? Making shit up won't help your helpless "I want to believe!" case. I was the one who debunked it by pointing out those black squares.

So far a lost, rotating thermal shield has been a shape shifting ufo.

A piece of foam bubbels floating and sparkling in sunlight have been an alien craft with lights inside it.

And a poor bat getting chased, hit by laser is an alien entity reacting to a laser. Imagine that, an animal gets hit in the eye with a laser and it reacts. ALIENS!!!!

Your track record is flawless.

Yay, guess I'm off of ignore....again. So, let me get this straight. You and I have gone back and forth on about 7-10 different cases, and it always ends with you name calling or saying the same thing that have no 'judgment skills' etc etc. Yet every single time you come back for more. 2 years of this. You even put me on ignore a couple of times and here you are again.
The problem is, I never say any of those cases were 'aliens." That's what you need, but no I don't.
Actually right in the OP of your best example, I said that. It was pure speculation. I never said anything was confirmed. Yet you're still mad about it. And in 2 years that's all you have? I make assessments on stuff daily, sometimes 3-5 times a day. Now that you bring this up, I'm surprised you don't have more and better examples. You're foam bubbles just flat out bad, way better debunks for it being plastic. But yeah, "aliens!" that's what I said it was.

You've never got the difference between speculation and outright making a claim. Wonder if I'm back on ignore now. Either way, I still live rent-free apparently so I guess it doesn't matter.

Airola

This.

We all already know that people say things. We already know about some radar and thermal camera videos.
This current report is pretty much just saying it again that yes, people say things, and yes these certain videos exist.
If their "we don't know what they are" claim include some more easily explainable videos like the "triangle ufo" video, then their claim to not know what they are means absolutely nothing.

At this point merely confirming that people have said things and we have these radar videos is not news.
I'm expecting photos or videos of these objects being so close that we can see it's not a regular object that just looks weird because of distance, night vision, focus, light reflecting from it etc.
If there are far more convincing material, then show it to us. So far every single thing has been ambiguous at best, easily explainable at worst. I would also want to know that when people are telling they saw things with their own eyes, that it is actually a sight of the actual thing in air instead of seeing it on a thermal camera or radar screen. That also sometimes doesn't really come clear from the eyewitness testimonies.

StormCell

Feel like this is a better article than the NY Times.

An unclassified version of the intelligence report is expected to be released to Congress by June 25, but will include a classified annex that 'will not contain any evidence concluding that the phenomenon are alien spacecraft.'

However, the officials said the government could also 'not definitively rule out' theories that they might be alien spacecraft, The New York Times reported.

In some cases, the report rules out explanations such as weather balloons or other research balloons because of changes in wind speed during the sightings, the officials told the Times.

In the report, intelligence officials examined foreign military powers and believe at least some of the UFOs could be explained as hypersonic Russian or Chinese weaponry - into which both countries have been heavily investing.

Examples of the unexplained sightings 'maneuverable' spherical objects which were seen flying in restricted airspace near Virginia Beach almost every day from 2015 to 2017.

F/A-18 fighter pilot Ryan Graves' F/A-18, whose squadron spotted the objects, has previously said: 'I am worried, frankly. You know, if these were tactical jets from another country that were hanging out up there, it would be a massive issue.'

Officials briefed on the report also described a giant Tic Tac-shaped object about the size of a commercial plane which was encountered by Navy fighter jets off the coast of San Diego in 2004.

Can find much more at the link.

INC

This.

We all already know that people say things. We already know about some radar and thermal camera videos.
This current report is pretty much just saying it again that yes, people say things, and yes these certain videos exist.
If their "we don't know what they are" claim include some more easily explainable videos like the "triangle ufo" video, then their claim to not know what they are means absolutely nothing.

At this point merely confirming that people have said things and we have these radar videos is not news.
I'm expecting photos or videos of these objects being so close that we can see it's not a regular object that just looks weird because of distance, night vision, focus, light reflecting from it etc.
If there are far more convincing material, then show it to us. So far every single thing has been ambiguous at best, easily explainable at worst. I would also want to know that when people are telling they saw things with their own eyes, that it is actually a sight of the actual thing in air instead of seeing it on a thermal camera or radar screen. That also sometimes doesn't really come clear from the eyewitness testimonies.

Why favors case is pretty important

4 highly trained top gun pilots all see the same object, from 2 different vantage points

They were to.d to go there due to radar, radar also confirmed object

Object was also filmed after the fact

Its a compelling case, so more like this, but better quality video and photos please

Airola

I'm unconvinced they can do that. There has to be oversight from outside the military to keep them in check, or they could just hide behind the banner of national security and never answer to elected representatives again.

With the absolute mess that was what Snowden revealed I wouldn't put my trust on how the system works. Hell, the whole coronavirus thing for the past year has made a serious dent in what to believe. I would imagine that the deepest levels of army has secrets they would never ever tell no matter who asks them to tell.

INC

With the absolute mess that was what Snowden revealed I wouldn't put my trust on how the system works. Hell, the whole coronavirus thing for the past year has made a serious dent in what to believe. I would imagine that the deepest levels of army has secrets they would never ever tell no matter who asks them to tell.

Like holographic jets hitting the twin towers?

Romulus

Feel like this is a better article than the NY Times.

Can find much more at the link.

What's really surprising to me is the variety of the physical appearance of the craft. If it's Russia etc, they have a lot of different variations or different countries all with these crafts. In that case, it would mean a few countries have leapfrogged the US, which isn't impossible but that would be funny. The US spends all this money on defense and isn't even the tog dog anymore, not even close actually.

INC

What's really surprising to me is the variety of the physical appearance of the craft. If it's Russia etc, they have a lot of different variations or different countries all with these crafts. In that case, it would mean a few countries have leapfrogged the US, which isn't impossible but that would be funny. The US spends all this money on defense and isn't even the tog dog anymore, not even close actually.

As said before, wheres the lead up tech

Thats the odd thing to me

Romulus

It's all odd, but maybe there was a conscious effort decades ago after seeing the fumbles in intelligence to develop something completely new with a different way of keeping it secret. I find that nearly as fascinating as "aliens" actually.
With aliens, we're likely not going to see the technology used in any meaningful way, but if it's discovered this is human tech, that could change the world. But then again, whoever is using it doesn't seem too keen on sharing it. Still more likely that we see it used in everyday life than aliens or some other faction of humans we don't know about
Not sure how we acquire the tech in the West, these crafts are faster than our bullets.

Last edited:

INC

It's all odd, but maybe there was a conscious effort decades ago after seeing the fumbles in intelligence to develop something completely new with a different way of keeping it secret. I find that nearly as fascinating as "aliens" actually.
With aliens, we're likely not going to see the technology used in any meaningful way, but if it's discovered this is human tech, that could change the world. But then again, whoever is using it doesn't seem too keen on sharing it. Still more likely that we see it used in everyday life than aliens or some other faction of humans we don't know about

I'm in both camps, either way its a massive leap in tech, regardless of where its from, thats enough, but I wanna asee it clearer and closer up

StormCell

There's no arguing with that.

I know it's corny, but... trust no one.

Romulus

I'm in both camps, either way its a massive leap in tech, regardless of where its from, thats enough, but I wanna asee it clearer and closer up

Yeah I would like that too, the problem is I don't think I would even be able to access what I'm looking at. Either aliens or drones bro tech, it seems to look pretty boring. I would want to see more performance stuff at higher resolution.

StormCell

Was just sent this video of a US hypersonic sled traveling 1 mile/sec. I love that first comment: "When you have billions to create experimental equipment and a 20$ budget for cameras."

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
It would be funny if in 50 years earth gets invaded by aliens and these were the scouting missions. Kept secret by governments because they were scared of species as advanced as ants compared to these dudes.

INC

It would be funny if in 50 years earth gets invaded by aliens and these were the scouting missions. Kept secret by governments because they were scared of species as advanced as ants compared to these dudes.

Well wouldnt it be better to say now and prep for 50 years time?

Space force ftw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom