• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All-New Press Previews of Final Fantasy XV's First 5 Chapters

Renmyra

Analyzing FFXV World Map

Would make sense that the more linear, train-based part of the game takes place on the snowy continent on the left (along the yellow line):

Code:
[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ctl4xtbUIAAt2Ti.jpg[/IMG]

Remember the snowy train scene:
LeftImmediateButterfly.gif

I wonder if Ignis goes blind before or after this (assuming it's the same train).

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
I know, I've seen the video :p

That doesn't mean it wasn't cut from the demo itself.

My take on the "what's happening now?" is the bros anticipating the second round, but the demo just goes straight to the end instead.

Edit: Again, though, that totally COULD be it. I never had a problem with it in the first place. There's just reason to hope for more.
Nah, the build journalists were playing was straight up the final game, even trophies are unlockable. Seems Tabata was either lying or mistaken.

So, are all the meele moves officially gone now that we have seen the sphere grid ( or ascension whatever is called)?

By meele moves I mean the moves shown back in 2013

*Noctic bashes a soldier head against a car

*Gladio suplexs a military goon.

*Noctis drops kick someone in the mouth

*Notics teleports and knees someone in the moth than combos into a neck breaker move.
Those were part of a target render and not part of the actual game.

Mailbox

So I looked around and it doesn't seem like anyone called dibs for the FFXV OT.

Am I missing something or is Kagari doing it?
Or can I call dibs?

(Have I already asked this and just forgot the answer? Feeling a bit of Deja Vu from this)

Ray Down

Banned

Or can I call dibs?

(Have I already asked this and just forgot the answer? Feeling a bit of Deja Vu from this)

Pretty sure Kagari and Bruceleeroy got the OT.

Unless something changed.

chefbags

Or can I call dibs?

I'm like really super sure Kagari is doing it.

Though, that would mean SE sent out previews for a game a month away and just excluded that part. It just sounds unlikely so close to release, but yeah we do have word from Tabata saying otherwise.

Tabata also said that Chapter 0 was gonna be amazing and an unwinnable battle. I don't even know what the thing right now is lol. Maybe he just likes saying things.
Ummmm... I didn't... I.... I don't... I don't remember saying any of those things... GAF HELP! I-I think I'm losing it!

LOL

Get ready for an incredibly snarky FFXV OT that is 2/3 Stella memorial.

Kidding?
Uh oh. Well, at least I'm staying far away from anything FFXV related in this forum when it releases.

So is Shiva obtainable in game like the other summons or
is there still a possibility for her and Gentiana having a connection so it will be a special summon
?

Abdiel

I've always had the feeling from Kagiri's posts that she was more confused about the ham-fisted way that Square was bludgeoning their showing off the game.

They've made it into their own media spectacle with plenty of silliness... While Tabata has been trying to forge ahead with making the game, and we just have to wait and see what he's crafted in the end.

She's always been honest about her misgivings.

.JayZii

Banned
I've always had the feeling from Kagiri's posts that she was more confused about the ham-fisted way that Square was bludgeoning their showing off the game.

They've made it into their own media spectacle with plenty of silliness... While Tabata has been trying to forge ahead with making the game, and we just have to wait and see what he's crafted in the end.

Kagari is usually the voice of reason in these threads. I just like giving her shit.

LordKasual

Banned

Has it really been a media spectacle though? Out of all of the XV hype communities...NeoGaf was by far the most consistently negative i've encountered. Majority of people seemed really excited at the reveals, visuals, and what was shown elsewhere.

But the amount of endless IQ complaints, Cindy hatred, constant Stella/Versus bickering...I had to just stop peaking in XV threads here :(

Or can I call dibs?

Did you look in the OT OT? If it's not listed, Nemesis_ probably messed up the list again. Kagari called it years ago.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

Yeah, pretty much.

Mailbox

Did you look in the OT OT? If it's not listed, Nemesis_ probably messed up the list again. Kagari called it years ago.

Actually that's why I was asking. I figured Kagari had it, but I stumbled OT OT (which was updated on the 19th iirc) and it was nowhere to be seen :/

Not even in the general section where release dates were all weird (Kh3 in 2014 LOL)

Insolitus

Banned
Has it really been a media spectacle though? Out of all of the XV hype communities...NeoGaf was by far the most consistently negative i've encountered. Majority of people seemed really excited at the reveals, visuals, and what was shown elsewhere.

But the amount of endless IQ complaints, Cindy hatred, constant Stella/Versus bickering...I had to just stop peaking in XV threads here :(

I take it you haven't been to GameFAQs.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Actually that's why I was asking. I figured Kagari had it, but I stumbled OT OT (which was updated on the 19th iirc) and it was nowhere to be seen :/

Not even in the general section where release dates were all weird (Kh3 in 2014 LOL)

Huh. It used to be there... well it's happening. Look forward to it and all that jazz.

Yeah this is kinda why I veered off from the discussion.

But make no mistake Coleman bros and gals, I am hyped as fuck.

Analyzing FFXV World Map

Would make sense that the more linear, train-based part of the game takes place on the snowy continent on the left (along the yellow line):

Code:
[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ctl4xtbUIAAt2Ti.jpg[/IMG]

Remember the snowy train scene:
LeftImmediateButterfly.gif

Re: that post about the world. Based on Tabata saying that Duscae is only 10% of the whole map , I am inclined to believe that we have a completely unrevealed region as big as Cleigne, Leide and Duscae combined (which would be 30% of the whole world map combined).

Going further, let's assume that Accordio, where altissia is, is 10 more percent, and the snowy area which, based on that map on the wall would say 25%, all in all, it looks like we only know 55 - 60% of the whole world map.

It used to be listed under the NEVER HAPPENING section. I assume Nemesis took it off because it is indeed happening but forgot to move it to the November section.

Mailbox

Huh. It used to be there... well it's happening. Look forward to it and all that jazz.

Excited already :)
Can't wait for the Stella funeral procession and wake :p

It used to be listed under the NEVER HAPPENING section. I assume Nemesis took it off because it is indeed happening but forgot to move it to the November section.

lolol. Maybe I just missed it or something :S
But that's pretty funny

Re: that post about the world. Based on Tabata saying that Duscae is only 10% of the whole map , I am inclined to believe that we have a completely unrevealed region as big as Cleigne, Leide and Duscae combined (which would be 30% of the whole world map combined).

Going further, let's assume that Accordio, where altissia is, is 10 more percent, and the snowy area which, based on that map on the wall would say 25%, all in all, it looks like we only know 55 - 60% of the whole world map.

Even if that's like 75% of the map, thats still exciting. The Cleigne, Leide, Duscae region combo is already really big (though it may not seem as big due to how you travel and lack of density). Hyped :3

<2 days until PGS presentation. >.<

Definitely going to meet our girl shiva. And the main continent seems..idk smaller than id hoped

outside of a few off-screen shots, we've never actually seen the "main continent" I assume you mean starting continent.

I wish, Gaf would abandon OT trying to be funny all the time, I hope we don't get some snarky nomuras vision or stella message on the OT, btw I'm willing to help with graphics, I have close to 15 years of experience using all adobe product's.

Koozek

Let me do the OT. Whole page just GIF after GIF. Crashes everybody's browser, nobody able to discuss the game anymore. On the bright side, people can just focus on playing the game.

:)

Top Bottom