• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All-New Press Previews of Final Fantasy XV's First 5 Chapters

This video seems to be a collection of rarely seen scenes from the 15 hour demo.

This guy doesn't seem to be important at all. :p

WKFqoYR.png

Goddamn, the music during that boss fight, I can't wait for the OST release.

Koozek

From Mognet's @Lulcielid:

Inside Final Fantasy XV (https://ebgames.com.au/loot-222778-Inside-Final-Fantasy-XV-Loot)
A book that goes behind the scenes of the games development. It will be sold on November 29th 2016 for $28 and is exclusive to EB Games in Australia. It is unknown if the book will be available anywhere else.

222778_packshot_l.jpg

Description of the book:
Inside Final Fantasy XV

A must-have book for fans

The book takes a detailed look at today’s most popular game. Go behind the scenes and discover the talented men and women who have made it a reality!
1. A premium book on FFXV and its saga
2. 100 pages to take you behind the scenes of the game
3. Exclusive interviews with game developers
4. High-quality paper​

I doubt it's as in-depth as the Japanese Ultimanias, but we'll see.

Gbraga

I'm in. Do they ship internationally? Since it's a book, there won't be any taxes, so importing is actually an option.

Philippo

Inside Final Fantasy XV (https://ebgames.com.au/loot-222778-Inside-Final-Fantasy-XV-Loot)
A book that goes behind the scenes of the games development.* It will be sold on November 29th 2016 for $28 and is exclusive to EB Games in Australia. It is unknown if the book will be available anywhere else.

222778_packshot_l.jpg

Description of the book:
Inside Final Fantasy XV

The book takes a detailed look at today’s most popular game. Go behind the scenes and discover the talented men and women who have made it a reality!
4. High-quality paper​

*But we're not going to mention anything from before 2013 because Versus is a forbidden word.

-Eddman-

I was indifferent to this game since the days it was called Versus, but the anime sold me on the cast and recent previews seem good. Now i'm really interested in buying it.

Interested to see how they drip-feed quests

Wonder if you'll have to go close to the quest-giver for them to pop up on your map as such, to encourage you to explore and learn the layout of the world, or if quests will be marked on your map as and when they become available to prevent people from missing out on them. Also wonder if you can drive a decent distance at the start and pick up high level quests well before you're ready for them.

Anyone else kinda counting down the days at this point?

I'm thinking about the date in a context of 'days left until FFXV comes out' :p

Its getting close, 5 weeks to go

Ketaya

A book that goes behind the scenes of the games development. It will be sold on November 29th 2016 for $28 and is exclusive to EB Games in Australia. It is unknown if the book will be available anywhere else.

222778_packshot_l.jpg

Description of the book:
Inside Final Fantasy XV

4. High-quality paper​

Interesting that it's sold separately in Australia. The book was announced some time ago already as a preorder bonus for the french retailer Micromania.
Tabata announced it it this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0qq9aWDhTk

So many people. Why do you think every thread with "XV" in the title goes 20 pages, regardless of how much new information there is? People (me) are thirsty as hell

Thank god Titanfall is reviewing well. That'll be my five week fix until XV. Tho I'm gonna get a pro and have nothing to play on it until then. Might need to pick up something else (first time PS4 owner).

222778_packshot_l.jpg

Description of the book:
Inside Final Fantasy XV

4. High-quality paper​

I wonder if there's going to be a Japanese version. It would be funny if we get the exclusive development info and interviews this time around.

Philippo

Interested to see how they drip-feed quests

Wonder if you'll have to go close to the quest-giver for them to pop up on your map as such, to encourage you to explore and learn the layout of the world, or if quests will be marked on your map as and when they become available to prevent people from missing out on them. Also wonder if you can drive a decent distance at the start and pick up high level quests well before you're ready for them.

Hope you discover some of them only by talking with the NPC, without any marker on the map. Or at least your first idea.

Eh? The titan battle still doesn't look good...

Yeah, still looks boring as fuck.
Seems they toned down the more "cinematic" scenes, and they only made us fight Titan's arm and not the whole body:

tumblr_nyehwfvx1b1ubdqh8o1_400.gif

tumblr_ngvmlbG4Kc1s2wenvo4_500.gif

Hope the other boss battles are better.

OrionX

Let's see... if I post at least once a day in a FF thread, I only have to post about 35 more times! :D

Gbraga

I really liked what I saw of the Titan fight, as in, the entire setpiece. I was way on board with the idea of having these scripted scenes as the summon boss fights since 2013, I think it's brilliant. But I'll have to play in order to judge, of course.

One thing I noticed was that when the Titan is pulling his hand up, the lock-on reticle is still active. The player didn't really do anything and just waited for the hand to come down to hit it, but I'm guessing the game allows you to move freely, so you can warp strike and continue to fight him in the air. Kinda like Echidna from DMC4, she'll fly around the boss room and most people will just wait and dodge at first, but once you have (a lot) more experience with the battle system you'll chase her in the air with teleports and air dashes.

DrBretto

Banned
Hope you discover some of them only by talking with the NPC, without any marker on the map. Or at least your first idea.

Seems they toned down the more "cinematic" scenes, and they only made us fight Titan's arm and not the whole body:

That's just the opener for the battle. There's more after it we haven't seen yet. Tabata said that was 30% of it and specifically said that it doesn't end with the breaking of the icy arm. On the polygon video from last week, you see Titan start gearing up for round two, with the bros saying something like "oh man, what's next?" and that's where the video cuts off.

1.Tabata mentioned that the Titan fight we saw at E3 was just part of the entire battle,
have any of the 15 hour previews revealed the entire fight yet or is the more to the fight even after you freeze the arm and break it.

2.Are the towns still full of people like in the trailers, or are they still like 4 people in the entire town like the gamescon version?

Tyaren

That's just the opener for the battle. There's more after it we haven't seen yet. Tabata said that was 30% of it and specifically said that it doesn't end with the breaking of the icy arm. On the polygon video from last week, you see Titan start gearing up for round two, with the bros saying something like "oh man, what's next?" and that's where the video cuts off.

Sorry to disappoint you, but that is it. :/ After the arm is destroyed he vanishes into an explosion of yellow sparks which bring down the magitek airships and then enter Noctis' body. Which means Noctis can now summon him.

2.Are the towns still full of people like in the trailers, or are they still like 4 people in the entire town like the gamescon version?

Recent gameplay videos showed that there are now considerably more people on the streets but it's nowhere near as packed as in some older trailers. But if we are honest with ourselves, that was clearly never going to happen. FFXV is no Assassins Creed Union...fortunately. ;)

LordKasual

Banned

In the rest of the video, it looks like Noctis begins absorbing Titan's energy. I think that might just be the end of the fight. I mean i'm fine with that. The only reason it looked a bit disappointing is because I was assuming there was more and I had already seen that part of the fight at E3.

I do hope there is more to experience, but if that's all, it's fine. It's the first summon battle and it happens relatively early. And we know Leviathan is likely going to be crazy.

I'm actually really happy about this. You can almost tell at a glance these days when a character is likely going to stick around. I hope there are many other Nif officers like him that you encounter and take down on the regular.

Mailbox

I hope that's true. Would definitely like to see that fight be longer for sure
Edit : just saw Tyaren's post. never mind...

1.Tabata mentioned that the Titan fight we saw at E3 was just part of the entire battle,
have any of the 15 hour previews revealed the entire fight yet or is the more to the fight even after you freeze the arm and break it.

edit: never mind that.

2. From what I've seen from the videos and screenshots theres much more people than the gamescom version lead on (this may have been due in part to how venders were rendered into a scene compared to standard NPCs), but I wouldn't expect that "so full we can barely make it through this crowd" kinda thing we saw in the early trailers.
Idk though. Previews don't seem to mention anything about the town seeming sparse in terms of people.

DrBretto

Banned
Sorry to disappoint you, but that is it. :/ After the arm is destroyed he vanishes into an explosion of yellow sparks which bring down the magitek airships and then enter Noctis' body. Which means Noctis can now summon him.

I'm not one that was terribly worried about that fight in the first place, but I'm just going by their quotes. At the end of the clip from polygon, you see it getting those yellow sparklies and the magitek stuff getting knocked out of the sky but you also see the bros appear to be expecting more to come. It could well be that they cut it out of this demo as well.

I'm just basing it on this:

"The demo was specifically created for E3 and is a modified version of the event in the game; whereas the demo ends with the party blasting Titan's arm off with Blizzard spells, this will not be the case in the full game".

Which specifically says that's not how it ends, but that's how the demo ends. I take that as there's still hope there's more to it in the full game. They also said that was about 30% of it, and I assumed that meant there would be more buildup, but there really isn't any more buildup. So, I'm guessing that means the other 70% is still to come.

Or not. Who knows.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi

I'm counting the days in terms of how much time I have left to make it through Trails in the Sky before FFXV drops. :D

That said, though, I'm really loving Trails, so I should try to enjoy it at my own pace. But yeah... XV, man. It's close.

wmlk

Which specifically says that's not how it ends, but that's how the demo ends. I take that as there's still hope there's more to it in the full game. They also said that was about 30% of it, and I assumed that meant there would be more buildup, but there really isn't any more buildup. So, I'm guessing that means the other 70% is still to come.

Or not. Who knows.

Though, that would mean SE sent out previews for a game a month away and just excluded that part. It just sounds unlikely so close to release, but yeah we do have word from Tabata saying otherwise.

Tabata also said that Chapter 0 was gonna be amazing and an unwinnable battle. I don't even know what the thing right now is lol. Maybe he just likes saying things.

Philippo

I'm not one that was terribly worried about that fight in the first place, but I'm just going by their quotes. At the end of the clip from polygon, you see it getting those yellow sparklies and the magitek stuff getting knocked out of the sky but you also see the bros appear to be expecting more to come.

I'm just basing it on this:

Or not. Who knows.

I just rewatched the Polygon video, and you can see that after the Blizzard attack the battle results pop up, then Titan starts screaming and the party reacts with "What's happening now?" and it transition directly into Titan "exploding", with no cuts to the background music.

DrBretto

Banned
I just rewatched the Polygon video, and you can see that after the Blizzard attack the battle results pop up, then Titan starts screaming and the party reacts with "What's happening now?" and it transition directly into Titan "exploding", with no cuts to the background music.

I know, I've seen the video :p

That doesn't mean it wasn't cut from the demo itself.

My take on the "what's happening now?" is the bros anticipating the second round, but the demo just goes straight to the end instead.

Edit: Again, though, that totally COULD be it. I never had a problem with it in the first place. There's just reason to hope for more.

So, are all the meele moves officially gone now that we have seen the sphere grid ( or ascension whatever is called)?

By meele moves I mean the moves shown back in 2013

*Noctic bashes a soldier head against a car

*Gladio suplexs a military goon.

*Noctis drops kick someone in the mouth

*Notics teleports and knees someone in the moth than combos into a neck breaker move.

Fjordson

Against my best efforts I'm actually starting to get really hyped.

Some of the English voice acting is shockingly bad, but everything else looks / sounds good.

Yeah the Titan fight is looking like a real letdown, particularly after hyping up fights with the Astrals so much. He doesn't ever do anything interesting and I think things would be alleviated somewhat if Titan had some powers that were more "earthy". As it stands it seems like he mostly just swings his arms or tries to stomp you. I was hoping he'd be making fissures, causing quakes, etc. in addition to melee attacks. Right now he just soaks a ton of damage and takes drunken-looking jabs at you. Seems like an improvement over Duscae's big monsters at least, in that you can see Titan's blows coming.

For what it's worth a few people who played the preview build said that Titan's fight might look bad but it feels okay.

When the trophy list leaks, which brave soul is going to read it and tell me the missable ones?

Got a feeling the Platinum will require two playthroughs anyway

Ray Down

Banned
When the trophy list leaks, which brave soul is going to read it and tell me the missable ones?

Got a feeling the Platinum will require two playthroughs anyway

Open every chest in the game, make every single spell, become the best chocobo racer, catch every fish...

Stuff like this will destroy me.

I'm already dying trying to get that last Whitebeard coin so I can Platinum Pirate Warriors 3.

Insolitus

Banned
So, are all the meele moves officially gone now that we have seen the sphere grid ( or ascension whatever is called)?

*Notics teleports and knees someone in the moth than combos into a neck breaker move.

I remember seeing Noctis throw Aranea to the ground in one of the videos recently, I think the QTE moves replaced them.

wmlk

I don't see the physical moves as much of a loss, tbh. While it gave Noctis and gang a bit of an edge I suppose, it always looked like a contextual button prompt based on the surroundings. A similar problem I have with the Link attacks where they feel unpredictable even if they're (mostly) effective.

It also looked useless when we have different weapon types that do different amounts of damage.

LordKasual

Banned

It's still very possible that it was just cut out of the demo. Perhaps they want to save the big guns for the actual first experience. I dont care either way though.

Probably gone, or very contextual. Warpstriking Aranea in the air triggers animations that happen with no other situation we've seen thus far, so it's possible that during set pieces we will be able to do those attacks.

But what we've lost in those melee attacks, we seem to have gained in a healthy amount of linkstrikes, so meh.

Koozek

Analyzing FFXV World Map

Would make sense that the more linear, train-based part of the game takes place on the snowy continent on the left (along the yellow line):

Code:
[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ctl4xtbUIAAt2Ti.jpg[/IMG]

Remember the snowy train scene:
LeftImmediateButterfly.gif

Philippo

I know, I've seen the video :p

That doesn't mean it wasn't cut from the demo itself.

My take on the "what's happening now?" is the bros anticipating the second round, but the demo just goes straight to the end instead.

Edit: Again, though, that totally COULD be it. I never had a problem with it in the first place. There's just reason to hope for more.

It's still very possible that it was just cut out of the demo. Perhaps they want to save the big guns for the actual first experience. I dont care either way though.

Idk, the version the press played seemed straight out of the final game, seems weird to create a demo and take parts out of it this close to release, too much work imho.

But yeah sure, i too hope there is more to it.

Analyzing FFXV World Map

Would make sense that the more linear, train-based part of the game takes place on the snowy continent on the left (along the yellow line):

Code:
[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ctl4xtbUIAAt2Ti.jpg[/IMG]

Remember the snowy train scene:
LeftImmediateButterfly.gif

I wonder where Tenebrae (and Solheim if its explorable) are.

Top Bottom