• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All-New Press Previews of Final Fantasy XV's First 5 Chapters

Skulldead

Just check polygon video... that combat music in general.... i can't wait... I jump into the hype train at high speed. This look fun and amazing... Ps4 pro i'm ready

DrD

I'm starting to warm up to FFXV after some of the latest footage and these positive impressions. This would be a great showcase for the Pro if I get one this holiday.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
Oh Christ. I just downloaded the Gamersyde videos and it looks phenomenal, what an incredible improvement. YouTube videos reeeeaaaally don't do this game justice, I highly recommend others check out their footage.

While I kept an eye on development I was never fully on board the hype train (which is a shame, because it seems like it's been a pretty special experience), but man, I'm starting to really root for this stupid game. After all this time, what if they knock it out of the fucking park? How amazing would that be?

DPtheGod

I will finally have a chance to start digging into these, but I've read through some of the quotes for the previews and I am so fucking hyped, my hype meter exploded back in August. I'm glad that there was a video for Gamespot!

AngryNeox

Neo Member
I think this game is a 7/10 in some places while being a 11/10 in others. I hope the good stuff will overweight the bad stuff and people will see that.

benzy

ffxvcardusck_by_vspectra-dalokur.gif

ffxvpreview1_by_vspectra-dalol7r.gif

ffxvpreview2_by_vspectra-daloldn.gif

The devs lol. We have no clue how it looks besides lil snippets here and there

Right. Guy "purportedly" says two sentences (in Japanese) and it's taken as gospel for how the back half of the game works. Maybe so, but I'll wait for more concrete evidence...

And I'll play the ever living fuck outta the game regardless.

Right. Guy "purportedly" says two sentences (in Japanese) and it's taken as gospel for how the back half of the game works. Maybe so, but I'll wait for more concrete evidence...

And I'll play the ever living fuck outta the game regardless.
All he said was it gets more linear which judging by the previews would be a good thing so it can tighten up and get the story rolling heavier

Shoeless

That's promising to hear. Still remaining cautious, but it's Squenix and it's a mainline FF entry, so they have me on Day One no matter what.

Barring patches to VR games, this title is going to be my first big game to put a PS4 Pro through its chops.

Just check polygon video... that combat music in general.... i can't wait... I jump into the hype train at high speed. This look fun and amazing... Ps4 pro i'm ready

DAT Loqi boss fight OST is sooo epic, can't wait for the soundtrack! Shinomura, you're our goddess!!!

Man, it's so hard not to watch any of these videos. I'm supposed to be on a media blackout for this but damn these positive impressions have me all excited and eager to check out the footage. I'm happy to hear that the game is good, and especially that the narrative seems to be good (at least in the first 15 hours). The wait for this game is killing me, haha.

All he said was it gets more linear which judging by the previews would be a good thing so it can tighten up and get the story rolling heavier

Sounds like from the previews the story can be as tight as you want, all depending on how much side stuff you want to tackle. That's my preferred method. Let me do what I wanna do and I'll tackle main plot at my own pace.

Man, it's so hard not to watch any of these videos. I'm supposed to be on a media blackout for this but damn these positive impressions have me all excited and eager to check out the footage. I'm happy to hear that the game is good, and especially that the narrative seems to be good (at least in the first 15 hours). The wait for this game is killing me, haha.
Im literally like as this moment looking at the polygon video to watch like the thumbnail is sitting in front of my face right now I really wanna watch

Mailbox

I finally watched the Polygon video in full (rather than just skimming).

Really interesting to see that the first city (where you walk with Iris) is apparently a place where women are the (seemingly) only work force for the city and that only women work in the powerplant. (Not at all surprised that no one took notice of it either... >.>)

For as much shit as Cindy gets and this game gets because of her, that actually pretty cool imo.

Kinda goes to show we shouldn't judge a game on its gender representation without context and just because the main cast are all men. (still crossing my fingers that we will get a female guest party member)

Yea it's rough. I said I don't mind trolling along here with ffxv talk, but the last video I watched was that one video showcasing the various monsters of ffxv... Forgot what it was called.

I finally watched the Polygon video in full (rather than just skimming).

Really interesting to see that the first city (where you walk with Iris) is apparently a place where women are the (seemingly) only work force for the city and that only women work in the powerplant. (Not at all surprised that no one took notice of it either... >.>)

For as much shit as Cindy gets and this game gets because of her, that actually pretty cool imo.

Kinda goes to show we shouldn't judge a game on its gender representation without context and just because the main cast are all men. (still crossing my fingers that we will get a female guest party member)
Wait what!? I didn't watch so I wouldn't know but I haven't seen anyone pointing this out. You would think someone would....

That's pretty cool.

Styles

People were spot on when they said the structure of the world is the modern equivalent of the series' overworld from the PS1(&earlier) era.

Socivol

Wait what!? I didn't watch so I wouldn't know but I haven't seen anyone pointing this out. You would think someone would....

That's pretty cool.

Iris says that all the work in Lestellum is done by women in the video and Noctis says something along the lines that she will enjoy living there implying she's a hard worker.

Mailbox

It's getting hard to watch the footage now. Anything past chapter 1 and I don't want to want to watch.

Nothing in the videos is spoilery and if you've watched the gamescom 50 min video (you know, that rough looking one) then you already know pretty much everything in these videos anyway.

sappyday

Nothing in the videos is spoilery and if you've watched the gamescom 50 min video (you know, that rough looking one) then you already know pretty much everything in these videos anyway.

I know but I regretted watching that one all the way through and I'm trying to forget most of what I saw.

Tyaren

Imo the Polygon video is pretty spoilery. And that is coming from me and I have watched literally every gameplay video that came out since Gamescom...at least thrice. (I'm that desperate for the game. XD) They leave out bigger cutscenes, yes, but they have some spoilery talk during gameplay, some boss battles are shown completely and they show complete later areas that we knew only some bits of before. The complete Titan level from start to finish is in for example.

JBwB

Imo the Polygon video is pretty spoilery. And that is coming from me and I have watched literally every gameplay video that came out since Gamescom...at least thrice. (I'm that desperate for the game. XD) They leave out bigger cutscenes, yes, but they have some spoilery talk during gameplay, some boss battles are shown completely and they show complete later areas that we knew only some bits of before. The complete Titan level from start to finish is in for example.

Glad I didn't watch the video then.

I want there to be at least a few surprises that I don't know about when I play the game haha. I've seen way too much of FFXV as is.

Mailbox

I mean... I guess. sure

bunkitz

Good God. The hype. The fucking hype. I really hope the rest of the game holds up, or better yet, does even better.

Mcdohl

I do not want to watch the videos (trying to avoid spoilers...).

Can anyone telling me if Lestallum has a good volume of NPCs?

Top Bottom