• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All-New Press Previews of Final Fantasy XV's First 5 Chapters

Mediking

In honor of NX hype, I feel excitement and adrenaline for FFXV again. I'm..... BACK. The director for FFXVI has returned with a vengeance! One of the original people of FFXV GAF HYPE CREW has been reborn!

"NOBODY CARES, DUDE!!!"

Socivol

Remind me, who is he? Aldercapt is the emperor dude we meet in Kingsglaive, right? Have we seen him in-game at all?
He is the researcher that created the Magitek soldiers. Also, no we have not seen Ideolas in the game at all which is why nobody thinks he is going to be a big player.

Koozek

In honor of NX hype, I feel excitement and adrenaline for FFXV again. I'm..... BACK. The director for FFXVI has returned with a vengeance! One of the original people of FFXV GAF HYPE CREW has been reborn!

"NOBODY CARES, DUDE!!!"
fHyE5so.gif

PSY・S;220853693 said:
see you next thread
dKs0EpT.gif

MilkBeard

It's great to see how these direct feed videos look so much better and cleaner than the footage from the "master build" from a month or so ago. It's clear to see they improved the AA quite a lot since then.

LordKasual

Banned
What's the reception to the game been like for people who have played many hours of it so far?

according to all the reviews posted by the guys who had 15 hours to play it, it's majorly positive.

But we've been getting majorly great feedback from this game as early back as Master Footage, so yeah

Insolitus

Banned
These recent previews have brought me back to being cautiously optimistic about the game, I just hope it holds up after several hours in. I'm still iffy on the the story and open world elements.

Koozek

My god prompto's french voice...i cant
LOL, just heard it. Prompto really is garbage in every language. Though, I haven't heard enough of the German one yet. It's like every voice director tried to top the original and be even more "funny" and quirky. The English Prompo speaks almost every line as if he's sad, digusted and in pain at the same time, it's so overexaggerated and unnatural. He was way better as Sorey in Tales of Zestiria.

Styles

Uh, I think Prompto's English VA suits him well.

Some of the party banter genuinely had me chuckling, a stark contrast to XIII's tragic attempts.

The only VA from the squad who sounds forced is Gladio's.

JBwB

These recent previews have brought me back to being cautiously optimistic about the game, I just hope it holds up after several hours in. I'm still iffy on the the story and open world elements.

The previews linked in this thread are based on the first 15 hours of the game.

Koozek

Uh, I think Prompto's English VA suits him well.

Some of the party banter genuinely had me chuckling, a stark contrast to XIII's tragic attempts.

The only VA from the squad who sounds forced is Gladio's.
His VO did improve, yeah, but many lines still sound absolutely off and way too goofy even if he says something normal.

Let's not even talk about Gladio. He's embarrassingly misdirected.

LOL, just heard it. Prompto really is garbage in every language. Though, I haven't heard enough of the German one yet. It's like every voice director tried to top the original and be even more "funny" and quirky. The English Prompo speaks almost every line as if he's sad, digusted and in pain at the same time, it's so overexaggerated and unnatural. He was way better as Sorey in Tales of Zestiria.

lol

jennetics

Any of y'all that have played preview builds already, have you played it with the Japanese dub and English subtitles? If so, does the party bantering show up subtitled or is it left alone, with only the cutscenes showing subtitles?

Gbraga

I don't think it's a matter of struggling with AF, they just don't give a fuck, for whatever reason. It's just that we can force it on a driver level on PC and not think about it anymore. If we couldn't, it would be a problem with a few PC games too, that just don't bother to include AF options in their graphics settings.

I remember seeing Xenoverse PC screenshots and thinking "why is this so blurry? It wasn't like this when I played it, I'm pretty sure". Turns out it uses a very low AF setting, even maxed out. So if you don't have it forced to 16x on your driver settings, you'll get console AF on PC.

Ralemont

not me
This game seems to have a solid set of antagonists, more akin to 12's Judges in the intimidation and iconic look department vs. 13's "who the fuck are these people again?" antagonists.

I mean I know I tuned out about halfway through 13's story but still I remember constantly seeing people show up and not remembering whether they were friend or foe until they started talking.

JBwB

image_final_fantasy_xv-33444-2754_0003.jpg

I don't get why devs struggle with AF these days.

To quote someone from reddit:

"AF is a feature that primarily relies on memory bandwidth, and since the console APU shares memory bandwidth between the CPU/GPU, too much AF can have an adverse effect on CPU performance."

If this is correct then it makes sense that developers would try to reduce the load off of the CPU as much as possible by either reducing AF to the absolute lowest setting / turning it off completely.
The CPU's in both the PS4 and XB1 aren't exactly powerhouses.

Koozek

Who's the 4th guy (back left)
Dude who hits Luna in the Dawn trailer maybe?
Code:
[IMG]http://66.media.tumblr.com/65a16b6b113230c758ae00bb5e97ac26/tumblr_nsliqiYRJj1usi9kio1_1280.png[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/wcWbx32.png[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/EPog1nK.jpg[/IMG]

skelekey

I had this game firmly on my, "wait for price drop"', list. I was going to buy Dragon Quest builders and World of Final Fantasy instead. Now I'm not sure which 2 to buy.

Definitely getting kind of hyped again after watching the movie, and now finishing up the anime. It's not as if that stuff is like amazing quality or anything, but there's enough there that I'm kind of looking forward to being along for the ride now. Is there more lore to consume prior to the game apart from the Brotherhood anime and the Kingsglaive movie?

Mcdohl

It does! I opened this thread just to say this. Watched the entire Polygon video yesterday (not really spoiler-free at all, but it was a nice video), and Lestallum seems to be a lot more populated than in the "master version" video.

Bulig6RCEAAj9W7.jpg

Ray Down

Banned
There's a of what the moogle doll looks like in game, can't post it since I think it's from a Famitsu scan.

Lot bigger than what I thought it would be.

In case anyone cares, we've got some HQ videos from the first few hours of the game. Nothing exciting in terms of content, but quality should be the best for this game yet :)
http://www.gamersyde.com/news_ffxv_videos_maison-18486_en.html

(Also our podcast with our impressions from these few hours)

Thanks for this footage, definitely the best quality out there. I think the game is looking pretty damn good now. In terms of the lanscape scale, this is the standard right now to me. The sense of scale is very good.

Koozek,
is the OP updated with all the latest previews and links, including some of the french videos I'm hearing about?

I finally have some time today to check these videos out, I would really appreciate it if the OP had all, I don't want to miss any of them.

Trace

Banned
The game looks miles better than what I played at PAX last month. I really do hope they can push the AF a bit before launch though, some of the landscape textures look a lot worse than they should.

Top Bottom