• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All PS4 Pro enhanced games (native support and boosted)

I was actually the author of that interview. My takeaway was that they were referring to internal HDR support, the one we've had in games since Half-Life 2, not the support for HDR displays. I couldn't find anyone mentioning that the game actually features HDR after release.

Anyway, I'll ask the developers for a clarification.
Well, that changes things! I appreciate the info, and request that you please update us if you can get more information. For now, I've removed HDR from RiME's listing.

I've added a couple of games to the lists, as indicated in the OP. Unfortunately, I've been unable to find good analytical material for Elite Dangerous, so the details of its two Pro modes are not known to me. If anyone has good sources for comparison (on this or any other title), please let me know. I'm especially still looking for Bulletstorm, FF XIV, and Get Even shots at 4K, to nail down actual rendering resolutions.

Thanks to everyone who contributes!

wtf?
It's 1440p on a Pro when Kingdom Hearts is 4k60?

Yea pretty disappointing tbh. Guess I'll keep playing through KH 1.5 + 2.5 while waiting for 12 IZJS to not be a ridiculous price. If it was
Fran
in native 4K I doubt I'd be able to resist buying day one.

noomi

Great thread with a lot of helpful information! Thank you for making it, bookmarked.

I'm a little confused by the OP though. If I see a game listed with a RED X next to it, that means the game does not support downsampling right? (bummer)

However, the little orange dot.... does that mean that the ps4pro enhanced features are only available on a 1080P screen, or a 4K screen forced to a 1080P resolution?

Also... injustice 2 doesn't support downsampling.... but it does offer 1080P enhanced features for the pro?

Yea pretty disappointing tbh. Guess I'll keep playing through KH 1.5 + 2.5 while waiting for 12 IZJS to not be a ridiculous price. If it was
Fran
in native 4K I doubt I'd be able to resist buying day one.
Over in the Digital Foundry analysis thread I posted some extensive notes on upgrades (and a downgrade) that they missed. They're not directly appropriate to your concern since they're about PS4 improvements rather than specific Pro ones. But some folks might be interested in the enhancements Zodiac Age features.

I'm a little confused by the OP though. If I see a game listed with a RED X next to it, that means the game does not support downsampling right? (bummer)
That's correct, yes. The "red x" modes are only available when hooked to a 4K display.

However, the little orange dot.... does that mean that the ps4pro enhanced features are only available on a 1080P screen, or a 4K screen forced to a 1080P resolution?
It means the mode marked with an orange dot is what 1080p screen users get automatically. Users with 4K screens generally do have to force it with PS4 system settings, rather than within the game.

What may be confusing is that each row in the list is a separate mode. If a game only has one Pro row, every user gets the same results (with downsampling if they're on a 1080p display). If there are multiple rows without x marks, then every user can choose from among different modes (with downsampling where appropriate). If there's multiple rows with x marks, 1080p users are locked out of those.

Also... injustice 2 doesn't support downsampling.... but it does offer 1080P enhanced features for the pro?
That's right. In fact, at 1080p it has better AA than when run on a 4K screen. That, coupled with the fact that it's only 1440p in high-res mode, means that lack of downsampling isn't very noticeable for this particular game. It may even be preferable. This is also true for titles like FF XII, The Witness, and others. Of course, giving users an option would be best.

noomi

Over in the Digital Foundry analysis thread I posted some extensive notes on upgrades (and a downgrade) that they missed. They're not directly appropriate to your concern since they're about PS4 improvements rather than specific Pro ones. But some folks might be interested in the enhancements Zodiac Age features.

That's correct, yes. The "red x" modes are only available when hooked to a 4K display.

It means the mode marked with an orange dot is what 1080p screen users get automatically. Users with 4K screens generally do have to force it with PS4 system settings, rather than within the game.

What may be confusing is that each row in the list is a separate mode. If a game only has one Pro row, every user gets the same results (with downsampling if they're on a 1080p display). If there are multiple rows without x marks, then every user can choose from among different modes (with downsampling where appropriate). If there's multiple rows with x marks, 1080p users are locked out of those.

That's right. In fact, at 1080p it has better AA than when run on a 4K screen. That, coupled with the fact that it's only 1440p in high-res mode, means that lack of downsampling isn't very noticeable for this particular game. It may even be preferable. This is also true for titles like FF XII, The Witness, and others. Of course, giving users an option would be best.

Hey just saw your replies today, thanks so much for clearing that up for me.

Question on 'The Last Guardian'

Eurogamer says if you have a 4K display but want to use the high performance mode instead of the default high res mode then:

First of all, go to Settings, then select Sound and Screen, and then access the Video Output Settings option. At this point, select the 1080p option
Boot The Last Guardian and this ensures that the title boots in the performance-orientated 1080p mode
While in-game, there's nothing stopping you pressing the PlayStation button on your Dual Shock 4, revisiting the Video Output Settings option and re-selecting one of the 2160p options for 4K screens
The Last Guardian only checks which mode to use when booting the game, so swapping video outputs after it has loaded won't change the profile it uses.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/d...e-for-the-last-guardian-on-4k-screens-ps4-pro

So does that mean you would have to go through this process every time you boot the game from fresh?

So does that mean you would have to go through this process every time you boot the game from fresh?
They're just saying that the setting only matters when the game starts. If you change the PS4 to 4K output while playing, the game itself will stay at 1080p (with the better performance) until you fully quit. You would have to change back to 1080p before starting again. Or, you can just leave the console in 1080p output. But of course everything else will be lower-res too.

Anyone know if the Destiny 2 beta will have Pro support? I'd assume so since it's the version they've been shopping around.

The text of the title screen seems pretty sharp to me, leading me to think it does support the Pro. It's supposed to be 4KCBR, right?

Anyone know if the Destiny 2 beta will have Pro support? I'd assume so since it's the version they've been shopping around.

The text of the title screen seems pretty sharp to me, leading me to think it does support the Pro. It's supposed to be 4KCBR, right?

It has obviously. Both PS4 PRO and XB O X run at 4K but we don't know what is the exact nature of the 4K.

If DS3 is on the list why isn't bloodbourne ?

the improvement bloodbourne made under turbo mode seemed to me pretty similar to the one DS3 made from CD version to patched version. In BB places with obvious judder are gone. Places with clear sub 30fps are cleaned up, and overall it feels smoother.

the improvement bloodbourne made under turbo mode seemed to me pretty similar to the one DS3 made from CD version to patched version. In BB places with obvious judder are gone. Places with clear sub 30fps are cleaned up, and overall it feels smoother.

DS3 got official support while Bloodborne didn't get anything.. It is on the boost mode list instead.

III-V

Simple: no pro patch was ever released.

This thread isn't for games benefiting from boost mode.

Simple: no pro patch was ever released.

This thread isn't for games benefiting from boost mode.

yeah it was in the second table of boost mode upgrades.

I didn't see it because I did control F and nothing shows because of all the gifs used for game titles :(

Wow, what a post in that DF thread! You've got the best posts on this site imo man, keep it up.

KageMaru

I'm having random issues where video is not displaying on my monitor. I remember people reporting this issue after the Pro launch, is this the same problem or could I have a defective Pro unit? I've had this issue with two separate HDMI cables. Sorry for the off topic question but this is one of the more active Pro threads.

Destiny should definitely be in the Boost mode section. There are no more frame drops on the Siege Engine section of Wrath of the Machine. I guess it's moot considering D2 is dropping soon.

I'm having random issues where video is not displaying on my monitor. I remember people reporting this issue after the Pro launch, is this the same problem or could I have a defective Pro unit? I've had this issue with two separate HDMI cables. Sorry for the off topic question but this is one of the more active Pro threads.

What resolution is your monitor? If it isn't 4K, try changing the HDCP mode to 1.4 in safe mode. I remember that working for me when I was using my 1080p monitor.

Safe-mode_Sony.jpg

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/get-help/help-library/system---hardware/power---system-stability/safe-mode-on-playstation-4/

KageMaru

yeah it was in the second table of boost mode upgrades.

I didn't see it because I did control F and nothing shows because of all the gifs used for game titles :(
As explained in the OP, you can still search the lists. There's a tutorial post with pictures in the thread, but the essential upshot is to quote the list post and then search.

Destiny should definitely be in the Boost mode section. There are no more frame drops on the Siege Engine section of Wrath of the Machine. I guess it's moot considering D2 is dropping soon.
Interesting information, thanks! Performance improvements could also have come from general patching. Does this area still drop frames if you turn Boost Mode off on your Pro? If you have the time, it would be most helpful if you can use the Share function to post two 60fps clips showing the effect (resolution doesn't matter). I'm aware Destiny is a 30fps game, but 60fps captures can help nail down framepacing cadence. Thanks!

Haint

I'm not an analyzer or anything, but to my eyes, Destiny 2 beta on Pro appears to employ no super sampling on 1080p sets.

noomi

I'm not an analyzer or anything, but to my eyes, Destiny 2 beta on Pro appears to employ no super sampling on 1080p sets.

For the short time I played just now, it looked like there was super sampling :p

waiting for digital foundry to confirm.

Is there HDR for d2?

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Homefront the revolution and resogun are the most impressive implementations I've seen of hdr.

Ghost recon wildlands has its moments too.

I would definitely recommend not getting Homefront though- it has the worst input lag I've ever experienced on any platform. Makes playing the game a complete shit show.

Not sure if it always had it, I only played the Pro-patched version.

Haint

For the short time I played just now, it looked like there was super sampling :p

waiting for digital foundry to confirm.

Is there HDR for d2?

Aliasing steps appear to be far too large and prominent to be 4K downsampled. I haven't touched Destiny 1 in years, but it looks very similar to what I remember it's native 1080p with some FXAA or derivative.

oh man! HDR is indeed a game changer! I'm playing freaking FF 12 and Fran's hair went from lovely to magnificent!! so made shades of color I never picked up on. Overall the game took a bump up with the main characters models and their weapons, every thing else looks pretty ho-hum to me, might need to backtrack to seee what I missed now that I got a 4K tv.

is this me just "wanting to believe?" I really see a difference in the character models and their weaponry, but maybe my eyes are just playing tricks on me.....

edit: whelp...made a fool of myself

oh man! HDR is indeed a game changer! I'm playing freaking FF 12 and Fran's hair went from lovely to magnificent!! so made shades of color I never picked up on. Overall the game took a bump up with the main characters models and their weapons, every thing else looks pretty ho-hum to me, might need to backtrack to seee what I missed now that I got a 4K tv.

is this me just "wanting to believe?" I really see a difference in the character models and their weaponry, but maybe my eyes are just playing tricks on me.....

Final Fantasy 12 doesn't have HDR... :p

Top Bottom